Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1644691479261.png

Grimacing Blakeney with a "who the hell is that weird girl with the camera that's following me" side eye
*turns around and stiffly keeps walking, pretending Roobie isn't there*

1644691566053.png

gives her a warning look and tight lipped smile. Camera immediately cuts.

She seems to be let Ruby film her more in this one, though. Unless she's doing it slyly so she doesn't notice.

1644691857813.png

Their table is so dirty.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Did she just colonise lassi or am I hearing things

Changing her vpn address in a cafe to protect her data like anyone’s going to find ramblings on worldbuilding for children’s lit valuable

The sounds she makes drinking tea activates my fight or flight

• Haha
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1057854
Grimacing Blakeney with a "who the hell is that weird girl with the camera that's following me" side eye
*turns around and stiffly keeps walking, pretending Roobie isn't there*

View attachment 1057856
gives her a warning look and tight lipped smile. Camera immediately cuts.

She seems to be let Ruby film her more in this one, though. Unless she's doing it slyly so she doesn't notice.

View attachment 1057860
Their table is so dirty.
The cup with the broken handle :LOL: I just can’t. No matter how much Ruby pretends to live in this cottagecore, dark macademia fairy tale world she’s still just an inept slob.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
that moment when she messed up the only important part of the video. she had to say literally one sentence about nordvpAN and somehow managed to say it while people were practically screaming over her in that cafe *nailed it*

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is she actually doing her basic food shops at Waitrose?
damn,I knew she was posh but is she allergic to Tesco or sainsburys

Also she gets so little protein or fats in her diet.
It’s just tea and fruit and some chickpeas.

Is she actually doing her basic food shops at Waitrose?
damn,I knew she was posh but is she allergic to Tesco or sainsburys
She literally lives within a five-minute walking distance of the Exeter Waitrose so I really wouldn‘t read too much into it. (Disclaimer: don’t live in the UK, don’t plan to visit, am just really good at Geoguessr and have time on my hands)

Reactions: 23
First time poster but had to make an account to make this comment. She definitely has some sort of ED or bad relationship with food, the comment she made "I've already managed to eat like a quarter of the pack of grapes already" seems like such an odd thing to say if you have a healthy relationship with food. As though this was an achievement for her, and a way of justifying to her audience she does eat but only fruits and veggies in very small quantities. 80% of any nutrition she is getting in this video is from drinks and tea and smoothies are not going to satisfy you. I understand everyone has different dietary needs but no way is she healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She definitely has some sort of ED or bad relationship with food, the comment she made "I've already managed to eat like a quarter of the pack of grapes already" seems like such an odd thing to say if you have a healthy relationship with food.
You'd hear others saying similar about snacks/unhealthy foods: "OMG I've just eaten half a tube of pringles!" "Most of the box of Maltesers is gone, oops!" No one should feel scandalised for eating 6 grapes.

She literally lives within a five-minute walking distance of the Exeter Waitrose so I really wouldn‘t read too much into it. (Disclaimer: don’t live in the UK, don’t plan to visit, am just really good at Geoguessr and have time on my hands)
Waitrose is the most expensive supermarket, sorry, “food shop” - bills are at least a good third higher than the likes of Tescos and Sainsburys. Not a place many students would even consider going to. We used to think sainsburys was luxury!

OT: This has blown my mind - I really thought you were in the UK

Reactions: 22
Waitrose is the most expensive supermarket, sorry, “food shop” - bills are at least a good third higher than the likes of Tescos and Sainsburys. Not a place many students would even consider going to. We used to think sainsburys was luxury!

OT: This has blown my mind - I really thought you were in the UK
lol I just wanted to make it clear I’m not going to stalk her 😅 You’re right though, in that if she ever had to worry about money at all, she’d shop somewhere else. But the odds are, it’s never even occurred to her, because she‘s never been short that amount of money, and she never will. Finland. University in the US though.

The cup with the broken handle :LOL: I just can’t. No matter how much Ruby pretends to live in this cottagecore, dark macademia fairy tale world she’s still just an inept slob.
For being so wealthy, why keep a cup with a broken handle? Or why not fix the handle? Yeah, nothing's more aesthetic than grimy counters and broken teacups.

It only took her an hour to plan all her chapters?! Maybe I over-plan but I spent at least 3 hours on each chapter plan and I had done all the reading over summer and first term. If she hasn’t done that much reading yet, how could she have planned her chapters? I’m still panicking about my diss even though I’ve finished a full first draft, god knows how stressed Ruby must be.

• Wow
1FCB85FA-0BBC-4FEA-952B-534500EFE9D3.jpeg

blakeney’s thought process seeing roobster head out the door in her tailcoat and beret

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am really really really really really really really looking forward to see how this picture book turns out!

Just finished watching today's video and that Pumpkin Productivity ad at the end managed to scare the absolute **** out of me.

Reactions: 10
Iv5b.png

Not to nitpick unimportant tit, but I beg you, Ruby, consider changing the toothbrush. If bristles start to lean outwards, it is time to buy a new one. 🥴

• Sick
  • Haha
20 seconds into the new video and I've got to say: As an avid drinker of green tea, the sheer sight of Robee pouring boiling hot water into a cup containing green tea and then leaving it for minutes on end makes me upset. :censored: Get a grip and do it properly, Robeee!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is yoghurt with peas a British thing? The sheer thought of it makes me vomit.
I've never seen anyone other than Ruby eat this bizarre food combination.

20 seconds into the new video and I've got to say: As an avid drinker of green tea, the sheer sight of Robee pouring boiling hot water into a cup containing green tea and then leaving it for minutes on end makes me upset. :censored: Get a grip and do it properly, Robeee!!
Unrelated to Ruby, but I have a question for the green tea drinkers. Do you add anything to your tea to make it sweeter? Whenever I've tried green tea, I've found it really bitter and strong.

Reactions: 2
Everyone's been waiting with baited breath for the next instalment in Ruby's dissertation update series to see how little, if any, progress she's made and what happened on her grand, pointless expedition to find lost and unscanned manuscripts.

So, of course, Ruby just uploads some deja-vu crap that's practically interchangeable with every other vlog and routine video she's uploaded over the past two years.

sigh-rolling-eyes.gif

This latest half-assed barrel of bullshit is entitled:

'8:30am Classes & Studying in Cafés *productive*'

Was the "*productive*" necessary? Nope. Should it have been capitalised? Absolutely.

Ruby feels the need to stress that she's being productive while in class and studying. It's entirely redundant. A bit like pointing out that you're still alive while breathing, or that you're a greedy idiot while charging £9 for a poor quality notebook; we already know, you can leave out those unnecessary words.

Untitled8498484.jpg

In case you were expecting anything new and original, Ruby shuts that expectation down faster than Oxford University shut her down with a rejection letter. The first footage we see is timelapse footage of her lazily repositioning her mattress, while one of the four orchestral songs she reuses ad nauseum, regardless of the occasion, plays loudly.

Even after six+ years of making videos for mass consumption as her primary source of income, the self-proclaimed queen of research, preparation and hard work has never bothered improving her filmmaking skills in any way. She never learned the incredibly basic filmmaking technique that a soundtrack is supposed to compliment the visuals to help tell a story, or at least tonally fit what we see onscreen.

Grieg's Morning Mood would've better fit the 'waking up in the morning' scene. Flight of the Bumblebee would've better suited the 'I am rushing around being productive' vibe that Ruby tries to fake with her overreliance on timelapse footage to give the illusion of busyness. Chopin's Funeral March would've accurately conveyed the death of creativity and Ruby's career prospects as it happens before our eyes.

The tiniest bit more effort would make a major difference. But nope, Ruby's just slaps the same four instrumental songs on at random, regardless of the footage, because any more effort than that would be too much for her.

Untitled8498098084.jpg

The 'more of the same old tit' vibes keep coming as Ruby slaps a 'morning tea of course' message on-screen.

Untitled849978898098084.jpg

Because it wouldn't be a rehashed Ruby video without wild exaggeration and blatant lies, she claims her tea is "always" Tetley Green Tea. Even though she's advertising like six new gifted tea brands a week and showing herself drinking pretty much anything but Tetley.

But Ruby just has to claim she ALWAYS does something she never does, because compulsive liars gotta lie compulsively.

Untit67868084.jpg

And because stupidity is synonymous with Ruby, she shows herself continuing to use a broken mug despite owning a shitload of other mugs, many of them gifted.

After overly familiar scenes of her chugging water alongside her tea and timelapse footage of ticking clocks, Ruby whispers that she's "gyoing to opyen some assay feedback". She has to whisper because she doesn't want Blakeney to hear what grade Ruby got for stealing all her ideas.

She gives the world's least convincing portrayal of 'nervousness' and 'shock':

Untit678689809809.jpg

Untit678689980809809.jpg

Then she humblebrags that the grade is much higher than she was expecting.

We know this is a lie. Ruby very clearly checked her grades off-camera. Her lies are confirmed by two things:
  1. Ruby always expects a First.
  2. She says she "JANuinely" was expecting a lower grade. This is one of Ruby's patented poker tells - if she says she 'GENUINELY' anything, it's bullshit.
So this footage serves no purpose other than for Ruby to brag about her high grades and pretend to be humble because she was only expecting a low First. She says she got a 74, but shows no proof and reads out no feedback.

"Hallo, it's Roobee, and tyooday, oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee FLOGGING."

giphy.gif

Ruby mentions that the video, in which Ruby will apparently torture people in worse ways than just talking to them, is sponsored by NordVPN. If you weren't familiar with NordVPN, this intro won't shed any more light, as she abruptly cuts mid-sentence while explaining what the service is and then just moves on to other things. NordVPN are gonna want their money back.

NordVPN is yet another service that Ruby never uses or mentions unless she's being paid to.

Speaking of ads, in another predictable Ruby habit, she shoehorns in yet another undeclared ad for a snack bar brand.

Untit678689988-980809809.jpg

Just like last time, and so many times before that, at no point does Ruby mention that this is a gifted product:

Untit678689988-98090-809809.png

If it weren't blatantly obvious by the way Ruby shoehorns a clear shot of the snack bar package and logo in almost every single video she makes (whether it's Perkier, Misfits or nu+cao bars), this is a gifted product that she's advertising.

Perkier have sent her boxes of these in the past and continue to do so. Even if she were currently paying for them, that past relationship with the brand needs to be declared.

Ruby, declare your ads, you lying, shilling shitweasel.

Untit678667869.jpg

Ruby walks to campus and goes off on a nature fetish tangent, somehow amazed that the sun is still "VARRY low in the sky" first thing in the morning. No tit, Copernicus, that's kinda how the sun works.

She explains that her first seminar is on tropes and world-building in children's fiction. This could be "varry" helpful for Ruby, since even after a lifetime of compulsive lies, she's still no more convincing a creator of childish fictional events than she ever has been, so she needs all the pointers she can get.

Untit67866789089.jpg

Blakeney tries her best to outpace Ruby and get the duck away from her, but it's no use.

Untit6788099789089.jpg

On their way to a "dissertation WARKshop", they gaze in awestruck wonder at a building on campus that they haven't been to before. It looks like your average ramshackle public building.

Ever the wordsmith, Ruby announces that "it looks VARRY 1970s...like VARRY VARRY..."

Blakeney points out how big the trees are and adds that it's "like a whole new world".

Y'know, like that scene in Aladdin where Aladdin promises to show Princess Jasmine all the wonders that the world holds, only here those magical wonders are represented by a building on the same campus they've frequented for 3-4 years that looks like a block of council flats.

aladdin-jasmine.gif

I have no idea what would get discussed in a dissertation workshop considering each student is writing about a wildly different topic, and Ruby's in no mood to shed any light either since she skips straight past it to go to Boston Tea Party again.

On the way, she says she's finishing listening to 'Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance' by Angela Duckworth on Audible.

Ruby rated this 5 stars on Goodreads, which is usually a great indicator that she didn't read or listen to it. She did not review it beyond the rating. The synopsis says this is a book about how "the secret to outstanding achievement is not talent but a focused persistence called grit", which is the opposite of Ruby's whole approach to life. She never tries at anything, cuts corners wherever possible and believes she's innately gifted and entitled to everything.

Untit67880997890-089.jpg

To hammer home her entitlement and lack of effort, Ruby chooses to once again take up a whole table in a busy café and order a single drink (which, to be fair, is better than taking up a table and ordering nothing at all like she often does). She then tries to shoehorn in the sponsor who paid her money for a professional featured ad, but delivers it as amateurishly as possible. She whispers that she's going to quickly change her VPN address to make sure "the server is PROTACKTED", and is almost completely drowned out by loud background noise.

Untit67880997809-089.png

She switches to recorded narration thereafter, but it's not much more professional as she reads out ad copy provided by the company while filming a poorly-lit view of her disgustingly grimy laptop screen. Some of the specks of dirt encrusted on-screen look like additional icons on the NordVPN map interface.

The lone drink that Ruby orders is a Mango Lassi.

Ruby claims it's "one of their smyoothies which is made with mangooo and avocadooo and cyoconut".

Boston Tea Party's menu says that's not true:

Untit6788090-89.png

After Ruby finishes her smoothie and the pocket avocado she apparently added to it, she switches to plain, free table water.

It's long past noon at this point, but she's eaten nothing all day.

She claims in the title and timeline heading that this she's 'café studying'. Other than Ruby bringing up a Notion page, there's no evidence of any studying, and she seems to do anything but.

She fucks around with the VPN for like an hour, clearly having no idea how it works despite ALWAYS using it ALL THE TOIYME.

She writes a letter to her cousin (who Ruby stresses HAD RECENTLY SENT HER A "LATTER").

She has to fill out a mysterious form related to her archive visit - presumably a liability form so the archive can bill her for all the peanut-butter-finger-smeared damage she did to the documents.

All that and no studying.

After a quick trip to Superdrug to buy coconut toothpaste, Ruby shoves in some desperate sponsor-chasing. Since the video's almost halfway over and she hasn't mentioned Waterstones yet, she films at Waterstones and mentions that she's at Waterstones and also that she's at Waterstones, just in case you didn't know that she's at Waterstones goes to Waterstones ALL THE TIME.

Unti890809-9.jpg

If this were an independent bookshop, she'd be like "and here I am at some nameless bookshop". But Waterstones have deep pockets, and Ruby wants to shove her grimy hands in there if it's the last thing she does. At this point, the only money she's getting out of Waterstones is if she pulls a Mother Granger and pretends to fall down the stairs, then slaps in a compensation claim.

Basic editing effort took a back seat to Ruby's blatant sponsor-chasing, and she cuts in some narration that begins mid-word, mid-sentence:

"--nntrmeet Sasha and Blakeney fooor lunch..."

200.gif

Reminder: This is a sponsored video. A company paid to have their service featured in this bleeping mess.

Ruby goes to the No 1 Polsloe Café that we saw in her Instagram posts earlier this week for "brunch".

I'm not sure what she thinks brunch is, but she apparently sat down in Boston Tea Party at noon:

Unti88769-9.png

She then showed that it was 12:35 while she was trying to figure out what a VPN is:

Unti76879.png

She was messing around with that for long after, then wrote a letter, filled out a form, allegedly did studying for her children's literature module. So taking her at her word, she left BTP at least an hour or two after, then went shopping for toothpaste, went to Waterstones to browse for books, and then went to a café which Ruby herself says is "twenty minutes outside Exeter City Centre."

If you plot all the places she mentions into Google Maps, that's a 26 minute walk from door to door:

Unti768868779.jpg

That's not counting all the time she spent in each place before getting to her final destination.

So by this time, it isn't brunch. This is supper. Three weeks later.

Ruby seriously expects people to actually believe this audacious bullshit.

Unti8908090-099-9.jpg

She orders the vegan Greek yoghurt pancakes, the diameter of which is barely bigger than her small water glass. So all she's had to eat all day is a small dessert.

After that, it's time for 'Tea Time with Ruby', because Blakeney's clearly had enough of her and noped the duck out.

Unfhf7687679.jpg

She brews her tea using a glass tea pot that she doesn't seem to have cleaned since she got it, in a kitchen that looks just as dirty as it did in her videos a week ago.

Unfhf768767989879.png

If you were somehow still clinging to any doubt that Ruby is lying her ass off about the timescales of her videos and combining multiple days' worth of footage into one fabricated day to massively embellish the amount that she can get done in a day, then consider this:

At this point, after a lengthy study session in a café starting at noon, followed by a shopping trip for toothpaste, a browse of the books at Waterstones, a 20+ minute walk, a "brunch" meal and then a walk home, it's apparently only 3:34pm:

Unf769.png

you-cant-believe-her-shes-a-liar.gif

She swills the tea around her mouth and attempts to chew it. She smacks together her lips in what can only be described as anti-ASMR while muttering nonsense about the tea.

It smells like banana and also tastes like banana but not like banana but it also tastes A LOT LOIKE BANANA. It contains honey and tastes like honey, but Ruby's not a fan of honey, so why she claims to have purchased a tea called "HONEY BEE BEAUTIFUL" is a bleeping mystery.

Unf7690-099.jpg

Ruby reveals that, alongside the dissertation that she's failing completely at, she's chosen to do a creative writing module...

200.gif

Her assignment for this module is to write and illustrate a picture book, meaning Ruby will try to hand in that children's picture book that Blakeney self-published last year, but with Blakeney's name scribbled off and Ruby's written on instead.

Luckily for Ruby, this particular assignment is formative submission, so she probably won't be graded on it. Even so, that won't be the case with all her assignments, so by insisting on copying Blakeney's module options, she's really fucked herself over on this one.

This is another module that will focus on independent thought and creativity, which are her worst skills. Ruby is already floundering with the dissertation that relies heavily on those qualities, and now she has another to add to the table. Make the most of those grades from last semester, Ruby, because all signs point to you being completely screwed going forward.

Unf767657699.jpg

She shows that she's keeping all her uni handouts for the year in a Matilda folder, as though pretending she's 10 will somehow protect her from adulthood pummelling her in the face with disappointment over the next year.

After some more timelapse footage of a clock, Ruby reveals her planner for the day:

Unf76787987.png

See if you can spot the obvious problem/s...

You might wonder why meticulous planner Ruby neglected to include half the day's plans on her planner which she "ALWAYS" uses.

You might also wonder why her planner says the day in question is Wednesday 2nd Feb, when Ruby's café brunch visit with Blakeney and Sasha happened a week later, on Wednesday 9th Feb...

Ruby's new lie-logic is apparently that if you only combine footage from multiple Wednesdays, then you're not lying because it technically happened on the same day.

Unf7678798746.jpg

Ruby returns to the tea and says she doesn't like it at all, which must be embarrassing for her as the one time she's critical about something, she uploads the video just after Bird & Blend finally gift her something. Whoops!

She keeps smacking her lips for an inordinate amount of time and it's entirely repugnant. This should not be included in a video without a content warning or reimbursement for the cost of the ensuing therapy.

There's even more timelapse footage of her clock as Ruby says that for the creative module Ruby has to submit a portfolio including the picture book and a 4,500 word extract of an original middle-grade or YA book. Ruby notes that this structure is "a really cool prAMise". This is 100% going to be a trainwreck.

And naturally, Ruby wastes time bleeping around with Notion.

She starts to explain that she's going to go food shopping, but in her continued ineptitude, she cranks the instrumental music she's laid over the footage to the point where it drowns out whatever she's saying.

Un6576#6.jpg

Of course, she's gone to Waitrose once again - supermarket of choice for wealthy Tories.

She does a grocery haul, which is 95% fruit, a small sweet potato and a tin of chickpeas.

While she's cooking "dinner", sustainability queen Ruby leaves the fridge open for the duration:

U687wrewer67876.jpg

U68767876.jpg

I'd say this is a result of her brain being ravaged by malnutrition, but there's been so many occasions where Ruby shows a blatant disregard for energy saving practices that this is likely just her being a wasteful, thoughtless fuckwit once again.

U686.jpg

She does some uncoordinated "yoga" while cooking her "food".

U634276.jpg

She serves her food in a wide, shallow bowl to give the illusion that there's more than there is. Aside from some grapes that were eaten off-screen, there's no evidence that she's eaten anything else, since the brunch pancakes were eaten a week later. She takes a single bite and then cuts and the bowl has vanished.

After even more timelapse footage of Ruby staring blankly at her screen while the clock ticks by, Ruby claims that in just over an hour, she's written a dissertation plan for "all three chapters", a "mini thesis" for each chapter, the "TAXTS" that she'll look at for each, the "SACKondary comparative material" that she's going to look at, the critics she wants to look at and then "a list of things to include in that chapter". And for one chapter, she's included an "essay plan and the research question".

If we've learned anything from this and all other videos Ruby makes, it's that she lies her ass off about absolutely everything, but especially her timescales and accomplishments.

There are many options that would explain Ruby's claims.

1. She rushed all of the above, so it's a half-assed, Notion page bullet-point mess.
2. She already had the above done, and spent an hour copying it into Notion.
3. She has none of the above done and she's lying to make it seem like she's not floundering and making no progress.

The truth is, unsurprisingly, not a valid option.

U84245376.jpg

And then Ruby claims to edit from 8:30pm for "a few hours". To prove it, she films a clock. Again, considering how much she lies about the timescales of her videos, this proves nothing except that Ruby filmed a clock that can easily be adjusted. There's no evidence in any of Ruby's videos that she's ever spent more than a few minutes assembling anything in editing.

After ending the video, more footage surprisingly appears, like the mid-credits scene of a Marvel movie, only instead of getting a sneak peek at the next Avengers movie, we get to see Ruby pretending that she reads while brushing her teeth.

U89637984276.jpg

It's somehow less realistic and believable than a movie about someone getting superpowers after being bitten by a radioactive spider.

U845376.jpg

She also makes sure to clearly show the packaging and logo of the toothpaste multiple times in the same footage, which makes me believe that she's either sponsor-chasing again, or this was gifted and the footage of herself picking it up off the shelf to buy it was staged.

With all the other fabricated bullshit in this video, anything's possible.

Edit: Oh duck, there's a post-credits scene, too! This really is like a Marvel movie! No Doctor Strange here, though, just Captain Hollowskull and her continued schemes to swindle money. It's an ad for Pumpkin Productivity.

Don't forget, the "yaahrly planner" is still available, as is the "farstaahl notebook". I don't know what that is, but is sounds sinister and Lovecraftian. Better steer clear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.