Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm thinking that '20 mins productivity' might be referring to Pumpkin Productivity.

That is indeed a verbatim quote. According to the other presenter, reading Frankenstein is a "worthy" activity.
Prosaic = full of prose. Who knew! I wonder if she'd also think Hamsterley Forest is full of ham.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it says OTCC not OTEC, maybe it has something to do with Oxford? Because I doubt she's at the Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre.
It stands for Outrunning That Charity Comeuppance.

It'll just be another generic vlog full of recycled footage and 250 outfit changes in which she avoids any mention of having paid back all the charity she owes.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Judging by the planner on view in her 37,594,678th Insta story of her staring at her window, she also planned to force herself to go into town yesterday to do "admin" (read: pointless busywork) - an event so notable that she's put it in her planner twice to double-reward herself for doing nothing. (The admin section on her planner spread, which was created for such things, is blank.)

View attachment 997306

Monday:
  • Unpack
  • Town admin
  • Creative writing work
  • Carroll letters final
  • Edit book video
  • Edit OTEC(?) vlog (Finally, Ruby will share her vast knowledge of Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion!)
  • Yoga O Ballet O
  • 20 mins productivity
  • Study in town this afternoon
  • Admin after lunch
Tuesday:

• See habits
  • YT usefb̷̧̜̘̟͇̮͖͇͐l̷̨̻̻̬͉͌͆̏͒̓̃͆̽͘ą̶͙͉̫̯͍̗̘̮̯͕͚̼̦͆͋r̷͓͔̙̬̠͖̟̅͋͑͐̐͗̊͗̾͐̀b̴̛̥͇̗̬͕͎͎̎̆͒̄̒̅̿̈́̚ Joln folder
As you can see, Ruby has been very busy with her first days back and this isn't just multiple vague, duplicated entries to reward herself several times for the same timewasting busywork.

And we may have more Insta posts to look forward to of whatever café table she chose to occupy (likely at Waterstones) for most of a day while buying nothing and not wearing a mask.

Perhaps we'll get even more moaning about how she can't focus when studying in public, even though she already knows that but still chooses the loudest, busiest public places to study instead of the uni library, purely because she wants to feel special letting the common folk bask in the glory of her pretending to study.
What on earth could town admin consist of? 😂

Also I'm now being recommend outfits from one of Ruby's fave stores.
IMG_5487.jpg

And yet Ruby keeps hiding her former school's name on LinkedIn as if it's a reasonable privacy precaution when a) she's been at uni for 4 years and b) her home address is literally available online
If you type head girl Ruby Granger, her real name and school comes up as well. I think she's said too much and done a few too many interviews to maintain any semblance of privacy. The pitfalls of becoming a Youtube personality as a child.

Reactions: 14
It definitely took a second glance for me at first too; Ruby's name on the cover, books about children, a book co-starring the rain, recycled content and covers across two books...this author definitely has some things in common with Ruby!
Can I just say “a book co-starring the rain” is so unexpectedly funny to me I’m literally cackling out loud about it lmao. Although, you should really be a bit more careful lest you give dear old Roobee any ideas! I genuinely love this thread, legit get such a laugh out of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
B6754981-0097-454F-BCBA-A0BC86910965.jpeg
Ruby, you must not tell lies.
Ruby next day: Lets talk about having bad mental health, and it is okay not to be okay🙈
184A273C-A559-4454-8593-5665514F95EF.jpeg

Ruby's definition of "admin" is wildly different from everyone else's and she defines it as everything from small, pointless busywork tasks (like reminding herself to wake up and duplicating all her pointless to-do lists in 47 different places) to social obligations (like harassing her second cousin with several hundred page letters about Victorian bathing habits).

Town admin is where she forces herself to go into town to take up an entire café table to herself, buy nothing and just sit on display expecting other people to be impressed and applaud that she's pretending to look busy on her laptop in public.

Reactions: 14

View attachment 998576

If you type head girl Ruby Granger, her real name and school comes up as well. I think she's said too much and done a few too many interviews to maintain any semblance of privacy. The pitfalls of becoming a Youtube personality as a child.
Sometimes I wish Miss Patina would calm down a bit. I know 'quirky and vintage' is their brand but the top and skirt would be fine by themselves without the beret etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sometimes I wish Miss Patina would calm down a bit. I know 'quirky and vintage' is their brand but the top and skirt would be fine by themselves without the beret etc.
It's like one of those pictures that the more you look at them the more horrifying details you see

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Miss Patina is not my style at all but I can appreciate how one item as a statement piece in an otherwise relatively typical outfit would work. The cardigan for example wouldn't look particularly odd styled with a jeans and Converse. Though I do think the cat collars are irredeemable.

Reactions: 24
It's like one of those pictures that the more you look at them the more horrifying details you see
It's the sheer madness of the outfit. Aside from it assaulting the sense, let's just consider:

(1) who in their wrong mind wears ankle socks (ie bare legs) and Mary Janes in the middle of January?
(2) she realises that she is always cold, so she decides to throw in a beret for good measure.
(3) being a Tory she decides she can't leave home without her opera glasses, as its quite common for the jolly people of London to spontaneously burst into a song and dance about how fun it is to be a chimney sweep (she's seen "Mary Poppins" after all)
(4) She has a mobile phone, a tablet and multiple laptops. But why use any of those when she can go analogue and take a guide book to London and a fold out map with the tube zones on it. The latter is an utter waste of time. There's no way on this earth is Ruby venturing outside zone 1. Deptford? Brixton? YUCK!
(5) she doesn't like going unaccompanied, so she has brought Mr Teddy and Mr Kitty with her for company. If she gets into any trouble they will look after her. And if not, like Charlotte Elizabeth, she will skweem, and skweem and skweem until she makes herself sick.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, the beret is the only thing I would wear from that outfit. The skirt is not horrendous by itself but I'm sure it has that weird knee length Ruby's skirts always have.

Reactions: 3
It's the sheer madness of the outfit. Aside from it assaulting the sense, let's just consider:

(1) who in their wrong mind wears ankle socks (ie bare legs) and Mary Janes in the middle of January?
(2) she realises that she is always cold, so she decides to throw in a beret for good measure.
(3) being a Tory she decides she can't leave home without her opera glasses, as its quite common for the jolly people of London to spontaneously burst into a song and dance about how fun it is to be a chimney sweep (she's seen "Mary Poppins" after all)
(4) She has a mobile phone, a tablet and multiple laptops. But why use any of those when she can go analogue and take a guide book to London and a fold out map with the tube zones on it. The latter is an utter waste of time. There's no way on this earth is Ruby venturing outside zone 1. Deptford? Brixton? YUCK!
(5) she doesn't like going unaccompanied, so she has brought Mr Teddy and Mr Kitty with her for company. If she gets into any trouble they will look after her. And if not, like Charlotte Elizabeth, she will skweem, and skweem and skweem until she makes herself sick.
I think it’s a post from the Miss Patina account, not Ruby’s

Reactions: 9
Miss Patina do some nice individual pieces, but a lot of their stuff is just plain weird, with seemingly random patches and motifs all over the place. Definitely meant as statement pieces - if you put two or more of their garments together to create an actual outfit it's just A Lot.

Also, a lot of their clothes just seem kind of cheaply made, mostly out of flimsy synthetic materials. I bought one of their cardigans secondhand and the construction isn't great; I've already had to sew it back together more than once. It's very telling that Ruby keeps shilling for a brand that's basically tacky fast fashion at a luxury price point, as if expensive clothes are automatically ✨sustainable✨.

Reactions: 21

View attachment 998576

Can anyone tell what that little mustard-colored square thing next to the London guide is supposed to be?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.