Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine Ruby getting bullied by Bully Maguire šŸ˜‚
"I'm gonna put some dirt dust and dead flies in your eye."

While we're on the subject of mind-boggling stupidity and Ruby's house of putrid squalor:

Ruby's mother's latest blog is up and...as usual, there's a lot to digest.

"Some friends were due to come over for a movie night and so I was running about trying to make the house look tidier and clean up before they arrived. I set the Roomba off downstairs and was soaking some dishes in the sink when my mobile rang. I answered but could hardly hear a word, so shut myself in another room to take the call. Minutes passed and by the time I emerged, there were a couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floor. Argh! I had left the tap running."

As always with Ruby and her mother, stupidity causes a problem that they then wildly and blatantly embellish, but they're never to blame. Her mother's frequent bouts of dangerous idiocy are always framed as someone or something else's fault. Here she was simply too damn busy juggling all that cleaning, getting ready for another Tory Covid-spreader get-together, when some inconsiderate person decided to call her. "Argh!" indeed.

giphy.gif

Let's unpeel the layers of stupidity here. "Soaking some dishes" generally means...well, soaking them - leaving them in a still body of soapy water. "Soaking some dishes" does not cranking the taps, standing back and having a glass of wine, which is what is being described as happening here for this whole thing to happen.

tom-and-jerry-cartoon.gif

Now, we've seen this family's kitchen. We know that zero cleaning takes place. But this tall tale of allegedly unavoidable disaster raises obvious questions.

They have a dishwasher. This is the whole point of owning a dishwasher - for the convenience of being able to load it up and walk away. They're the laziest, most spoilt toffs who ever dodged their taxes. There is zero possibility that given the choice between the option of soaking dishes in the sink before hand-washing them, or just shoving them all in the dishwasher and letting nature take its course, that Ruby or her mother would choose the former.

giphy.gif

To prove this point: Mother Granger previously posted a self-congratulatory blog about how she bought - (Gasp!) - an upright vacuum cleaner.

This is evidently used as nothing more than a novelty decoration/beret holder in that house, since Ruby's mother sends a poor underpowered and unprepared Roomba up against the mountainous piles of dirt, grime, dust and god knows what else instead of vacuuming. It's a bit like putting a butter knife in the hands of a malnourished child and sending up against the entire Roman legion alone; that poor bastard is gonna die in seconds.

HospitableSeriousHeifer-size_restricted.gif

(Ruby's Roomba, praying for the sweet release of death.)

The fact that Ruby's family let a Roomba handle all their household cleaning explains a lot about how constantly filthy that house is, considering they aren't known to work great on hard surfaces and Ruby's home is all tile and hardwood. But regardless, it's very clearly the lazy option, instead of mopping the kitchen floor or hoovering the living room(s). So the idea that Mother Granger would willingly do dishes by hand when there's a more convenient/lazy option available doesn't make sense. Either she's lying (most likely) or she's an idiot (also a given). It's definitely both.

Now, from the sounds of it, Mother Granger was alone in the kitchen. So what was making so much noise that Mother Granger had to flee the room? Was the noise on the other end of the phone, and Ruby's mother's just a complete moron trying to escape it by changing her location? Or is cleanliness such an alien concept in their house that the sound of running water is apparently so unfamiliar and abrasive to Ruby's mother that she had to run away and put a closed door between her and it to be able to hear a phone call?

"The Roomba was stranded roller deep, so I scooped it up and put on the radiator to dry off - not sure that is recommended in the manual."

So...Ruby's mother had the Roomba cleaning the kitchen? Roombas generally don't seem to be especially loud, and there's the obvious solution: If it's making noise and you want it to stop, just switch it off for a few minutes.

giphy.gif

And putting plastic objects on old, piping hot steel radiators is always a smart decision that never ends badly.

If Ruby's mother's attention span and object permanence are so non-existent that she'd run away leaving free-flowing water filling a plugged sink and shut herself in another room long enough for the kitchen to flood with water two inches deep on the floor, then it's easy to see where Ruby's complete life incompetence comes from.

"I grabbed some old dog towels and threw them about to soak up the access spillage, when the doorbell rang. I let in my guests, who hardly battered an eyelid when they saw the chaos in front of them."

No bleeping tit. If they'd visited your home before, they're undoubtedly well aware of the putrid state of squalor your house is perpetually in. They're more likely to be shocked that anyone in the family was pretending to do housework.

HOOKS-.gif

And how many "dog towels" do they own that we're to believe that she mopped up most of a two inch kitchen flood with them?

"Cathy offered to mop up but I said not to worry, as it would most probably evaporate overnight or while we watched the film - she looked dubious."

The state of horrifying mess and filth that infests their home is so commonplace that even the guests are offering to clean, because the people who live there clearly won't.

Ruby's mother believed that two inches of water would just evaporate overnight - if not in two hours - in a house with no modern heating system in the dead of winter.

200w.gif

Again, either she's lying her ass off and this two inch high flood of water was actually a small puddle, or just didn't exist, or she's a colossal moron. It's still both.

"I had hardly a clue what was going on during the latest Bond."

Ruby's mother, to no surprise, is easily confused by a relatively straightforward popcorn action movie.

e70a12be3486f9050532d0ba3065d5d1b7768be2.gif

Another week, another wildly embellished tale of disaster that (if it even happened) was the result of stupidity, but is blamed on the unfair whims of outside forces. This family is too dumb to function.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52

While we're on the subject of mind-boggling stupidity and Ruby's house of putrid squalor:

"Some friends were due to come over for a movie night and so I was running about trying to make the house look tidier and clean up before they arrived. I set the Roomba off downstairs and was soaking some dishes in the sink when my mobile rang. I answered but could hardly hear a word, so shut myself in another room to take the call. Minutes passed and by the time I emerged, there were a couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floor. Argh! I had left the tap running."

As always with Ruby and her mother, stupidity causes a problem that they then wildly and blatantly embellish, but they're never to blame. Her mother's frequent bouts of dangerous idiocy are always framed as someone or something else's fault. Here she was simply too damn busy juggling all that cleaning, getting ready for another Tory Covid-spreader get-together, when some inconsiderate person decided to call her. "Argh!" indeed.

View attachment 971034

Let's unpeel the layers of stupidity here. "Soaking some dishes" generally means...well, soaking them - leaving them in a still body of soapy water. "Soaking some dishes" does not cranking the taps, standing back and having a glass of wine, which is what is being described as happening here for this whole thing to happen.

View attachment 971035

Now, we've seen this family's kitchen. We know that zero cleaning takes place. But this tall tale of allegedly unavoidable disaster raises obvious questions.

They have a dishwasher. This is the whole point of owning a dishwasher - for the convenience of being able to load it up and walk away. They're the laziest, most spoilt toffs who ever dodged their taxes. There is zero possibility that given the choice between the option of soaking dishes in the sink before hand-washing them, or just shoving them all in the dishwasher and letting nature take its course, that Ruby or her mother would choose the former.

View attachment 971036

To prove this point: Mother Granger previously posted a self-congratulatory blog about how she bought - (Gasp!) - an upright vacuum cleaner.

This is evidently used as nothing more than a novelty decoration/beret holder in that house, since Ruby's mother sends a poor underpowered and unprepared Roomba up against the mountainous piles of dirt, grime, dust and god knows what else instead of vacuuming. It's a bit like putting a butter knife in the hands of a malnourished child and sending up against the entire Roman legion alone; that poor bastard is gonna die in seconds.

View attachment 971037

The fact that Ruby's family let a Roomba handle all their household cleaning explains a lot about how constantly filthy that house is, considering they aren't known to work great on hard surfaces and Ruby's home is all tile and hardwood. But regardless, it's very clearly the lazy option, instead of mopping the kitchen floor or hoovering the living room(s). So the idea that Mother Granger would willingly do dishes by hand when there's a more convenient/lazy option available doesn't make sense. Either she's lying (most likely) or she's an idiot (also a given). It's definitely both.

Now, from the sounds of it, Mother Granger was alone in the kitchen. So what was making so much noise that Mother Granger had to flee the room? Was the noise on the other end of the phone, and Ruby's mother's just a complete moron trying to escape it by changing her location? Or is cleanliness such an alien concept in their house that the sound of running water is apparently so unfamiliar and abrasive to Ruby's mother that she had to run away and put a closed door between her and it to be able to hear a phone call?

"The Roomba was stranded roller deep, so I scooped it up and put on the radiator to dry off - not sure that is recommended in the manual."

So...Ruby's mother had the Roomba cleaning the kitchen? Roombas generally don't seem to be especially loud, and there's the obvious solution: If it's making noise and you want it to stop, just switch it off for a few minutes.

View attachment 971038

And putting plastic objects on old, piping hot steel radiators is always a smart decision that never ends badly.

If Ruby's mother's attention span and object permanence are so non-existent that she'd run away leaving free-flowing water filling a plugged sink and shut herself in another room long enough for the kitchen to flood with water two inches deep on the floor, then it's easy to see where Ruby's complete life incompetence comes from.

"I grabbed some old dog towels and threw them about to soak up the access spillage, when the doorbell rang. I let in my guests, who hardly battered an eyelid when they saw the chaos in front of them."

No bleeping tit. If they'd visited your home before, they're undoubtedly well aware of the putrid state of squalor your house is perpetually in. They're more likely to be shocked that anyone in the family was pretending to do housework.

View attachment 971039

And how many "dog towels" do they own that we're to believe that she mopped up most of a two inch kitchen flood with them?

"Cathy offered to mop up but I said not to worry, as it would most probably evaporate overnight or while we watched the film - she looked dubious."

The state of horrifying mess and filth that infests their home is so commonplace that even the guests are offering to clean, because the people who live there clearly won't.

Ruby's mother believed that two inches of water would just evaporate overnight - if not in two hours - in a house with no modern heating system in the dead of winter.

View attachment 971040

Again, either she's lying her ass off and this two inch high flood of water was actually a small puddle, or just didn't exist, or she's a colossal moron. It's still both.

Ruby's mother, to no surprise, is easily confused by a relatively straightforward popcorn action movie.

View attachment 971041

Another week, another wildly embellished tale of disaster that (if it even happened) was the result of stupidity, but is blamed on the unfair whims of outside forces. This family is too dumb to function.
I have no words. Roomba on radiator?ā€¦spillage will evaporate?ā€¦dog towels to soak up ā€œa couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floorā€?ā€¦
AD2BDF66-4BA6-44A7-9C4E-5C9E3818DE9C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Her mums blog posts are literally so pointless. Itā€™s just her recounting in detail these random events thatā€™ve happened to her and youā€™re reading it like okay so whatā€™s the point weā€™re leading up to here? And then it just ends.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

One of the things on her to-do list at 14 was ā€œmake a poster about saving the beesā€...just saying, that is something I would have done at like 7.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Her mums blog posts are literally so pointless. Itā€™s just her recounting in detail these random events thatā€™ve happened to her and youā€™re reading it like okay so whatā€™s the point weā€™re leading up to here? And then it just ends.
"I am an idiot and overflowed the sink a tiny bit" becomes:

"The great kitchen flood came without warning as I was hard at work, being very intelligent.

No sooner had I ticked off the first of many household chores when with a great crashing splooshy sound, the sink exploded and all the plates and dishes that I had diligently cleaned with elbow grease and other cleaning things that people use to clean things, came whooshing across the kitchen and smashed to the floor.

A gushing geyser of brown water blasted out of the sink like a tornado.

After several minutes of running around trying to find my phone, which didn't want to stay where I left it, and several more minutes on hold, I managed to finally get hold of a plumber. There's never one when you need them!

The plumber finally arrived and inspected the sink and determined that the problem was an excessive build-up of dirt and massive clumps of food and rubbish in sinks all over the house that had clogged the pipes. I read between the lines. What he wanted to say was his was the working class scum in town, flushing things they shouldn't and ruining everyone else's plumbing! Isn't it always the way?"

• Haha
Reactions: 20

View attachment 971034

View attachment 971035

View attachment 971036

View attachment 971037

View attachment 971038

View attachment 971039

View attachment 971040

View attachment 971041

No wonder Ruby is so useless when it comes to household chores. It runs in the family.

Btw, my mom owns a Roomba and, as you described, it's not a 1:1 substitute to regular vacuuming: she normally uses it to give a sort of preliminary clean up to the floors, which she then vacuums and mops again herself.
Putting a Roomba in that big ass house and letting it run wild is also basically ineffective because they're not exactly efficient when they move around and it would take too long to clean everything thoroughly. We usually lock it in a room and let it clean that, then move it to the next and so on. Otherwise it just keeps spinning around aimlessly.
And again, you can't just rely on that. You still have to vacuum and mop every now and then (if you care about not living in squalor, that is).

I also can't get over the fact that there are guests coming and she is just now putting dishes in the sink to soak. So they will presumably still be there when their friends arrive. And idk about you but I only soak dishes and pots when they have some sort of crusty food remains on them because I used them for cooking or something, otherwise I just wash them right away. So did she just have a pile of pots still lying around from when she cooked lunch, or did she just soak 'regular' dishes that they ate from and that you could just put in the dishwasher as they are? Does she think you can just leave dishes in soap and water for hours and they'll magically clean themselves?
If that's the case I hope her guests didn't eat or drink anything off of her dinnerware

Reactions: 23
The more I learn about Clare, the more I completely understand so much of Ruby's behavior and how she developed some of her worst habits. Her mother is too much! They all act like they are God's gifts to the world, who should be praised for simply existing. All of these blog posts, (greatly embellished or not) are written by someone who thinks way too highly of themselves, even though there is absolutely nothing that remarkable about Clare from everything I can tell. Why does she try to pass off doing household chores and hanging out with friends as some grand adventure worthy of documenting on a blog? Doing chores and watching a movie sounds like an average night for most people, Clare. Sorry, but your life really isn't that interesting.

She clearly reinforced having a conflated sense of self and of entertaining delusions of grandeur, in her own daughter by constantly telling Ruby that she was a special little snowflake. And of course Ruby internalized that. No wonder she has never learned how to accept even slight criticism. Anyone who doesn't praise Ruby for being the best and brightest at all times, is just a jealous bully, because her mummy said so.

Are all rich people mediocre, insufferable assholes, or is the Bones family just uniquely awful?

Reactions: 33
Minutes passed and by the time I emerged, there were a couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floor. Argh! I had left the tap running."
How can that happen?
Is this thing for preventing this event (in German "Ɯberlaufschutz") not standard in the UK? (see attached picture)
Or is their sink so muddy, that it doesn't work anymore?

And: @gossip_guy I loved the GIF with the girl clinging on the tree in the flood. šŸ˜‚ Made my day!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
How can that happen?
Is this thing for preventing this event (in German "Ɯberlaufschutz") not standard in the UK?
Our sinks do have overflows like that, she's just lying for the story

Reactions: 14
How can that happen?
Is this thing for preventing this event (in German "Ɯberlaufschutz") not standard in the UK?
There's one of those in most sinks in the UK. Ruby's sinks have them.

Aside from the drainholes being blocked, the only other way this would happen is if the tap was flowing faster than the water could drain away.

Which doesn't add up - that's not how anyone soaks dishes, and they certainly don't wander off without noticing that the taps are still flowing full blast.

Reactions: 12
I'd be mortified if someone came over and offered to do chores in my house for me.
Evidently Cathy was horrified that Clare was going to leave the kitchen floor covered in water and offered to mop it up herself out of exasperation. Only Clare failed to take the hint. I am surprised she was graceful enough to refuse her offer and did not make her guest mop her floor lmao

Reactions: 24
one of the rare moments where i actually feel bad for ruby because i canā€™t help thinking her absolute stupidity is only partially her own fault

• Haha
Reactions: 25
One of the things on her to-do list at 14 was ā€œmake a poster about saving the beesā€...just saying, that is something I would have done at like 7.
Also, study capitals. Both of these sound like tasks you would get at school (not at 14 though, more like in elementary school). But Ruby gave herself these "tasks". I feel like these elementary school-ish tasks are what Ruby feels most comfortable with, to the point where she actually gives herself assignments like that.
Also, "listen to music" as a point on tour to-do-list/schedule...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
O
There's one of those in most sinks in the UK. Ruby's sinks have them.

Aside from the drainholes being blocked, the only other way this would happen is if the tap was flowing faster than the water could drain away.

Which doesn't add up - that's not how anyone soaks dishes, and they certainly don't wander off without noticing that the taps are still flowing full blast.
If the sink was full of dishes its volume would be reduced so I can see how that could cause an overflow if she left the tap on for long enough, however a couple of inches of water on the floor?? Doesnā€™t add up lol, like how long was she on the phone for and how powerful is that tap?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If the sink was full of dishes its volume would be reduced so I can see how that could cause an overflow if she left the tap on for long enough, however a couple of inches of water on the floor?? Doesnā€™t add up lol, like how long was she on the phone for and how powerful is that tap?!
Yeah she's totally exaggerating, presumably to make a very dull blog post about cleaning slightly less dull.

Reactions: 9
Also these people are bleeping wasteful. Between the daughter leaving the fridge open while she cooks dinner and the mother leaving the tap running while she's on the phone I don't know what's worse

• Angry
Reactions: 22
ā€I let in my guests, who hardly battered an eyelid when they saw the chaos in front of them.ā€ Guess we know which side of the family Rubyā€™s propensity for malapropisms comes from šŸ˜‚

Also, I was going to ask why sheā€™s so obsessed with the condensation on her windows, but after Clareā€™s blog post, I can only assume all the Boneses are now documenting incidents of dampness for the inevitable insurance claim in an effort to make it look like not their fault.

7970611D-37F9-4E49-9922-06FD52547446.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ngl when I read the line "I set the Roomba off downstairs" I automatically assumed she was referring to Ruby and then got very confused until I figured out she meant a type of vacuum cleaner.

Look what you people have done to me with all your nicknames for Ruby!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Ngl when I read the line "I set the Roomba off downstairs" I automatically assumed she was referring to Ruby and then got very confused until I figured out she meant a type of vacuum cleaner.

Look what you people have done to me with all your nicknames for Ruby!
I mean Ruby and a roomba both do twirl around in circles doing a half hearted job

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I had to comment because I found the 30 year mark interesting. My family has been using the same plastic tree since 2001 and it still lights up and has even moved counties with us. So it's definitely possible or nearly possible. I'm going to see to it that our tree reaches 30 now.
It's possible, ours is the same age as me! It doesn't look grand or stylish but who cares. Side effects are assigning a personality to your tree after spending 30+ Christmases with it and refusing to part with it even though it desperately wants to retire šŸ˜‚

Ruby's tree corner looks grim, does this girl ever clean anything? Or did the tree drop all the needles at once in protest of being photographed by The Manky Princess?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.