Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please could someone give a brief overview about the suggestion that Ruby stole charity money? I don’t really want to go through her videos to find it. I wonder if anyone has received their planner yet?
i saw two posts tagging her on instagram saying they had received their planners. rooby liked one of them, because she has time to go through her tagged posts and like the ones that make her look good, but she of course doesn't have time to take care of the pumpkin productivity dumpster fire.

It's funny because it is genuinely a stationary business. Her business is stationary. 😂

View attachment 949544
yikes, those are two seperate spellings? 😬 i just realized i've most likely been spelling stationA/Ery wrong

Reactions: 8

Martha filling the content void left by Ruby and releasing her own daily routine video.

I generally find Martha infinitely more tolerable and likeable than Ruby (not that that's a high bar to step over), but good lord, she's reached peak levels of goth teen cliché by reading alone in the rain in a graveyard.

Other than that, it's a video that feels full of (completely unintentional) Ruby shade as she accidentally dunks on her sister for 7 whole minutes.
  • Martha points out that she has no embroidery skills whatsoever, but she can at least use an iron. Ruby felt that.
  • She does laundry like a self-sufficient adult human. Ruby could never.
  • She casually shows that she can play the saxophone, which is more talent than Ruby has ever had at anything aside from lying and stealing.
  • She makes a point to show that she uses a random playing card she had lying around as a bookmark, where Ruby makes a big superficial production out of hand-making crappy bookmarks or charging money for cheap, tatty ribbon bookmarks.
  • She also made the smart choice by dropping out of uni when she realised she'd given it a fair shot, hated it and would never use the degree anyway. Meanwhile Ruby's rapidly deteriorating forcing herself to finish uni despite having no interest in any of it and constantly complaining about every aspect of uni culture apart from the part where she gets praise for things.

Untitled000032.jpg

I'm sure Ruby (hopefully) said it a lot more supportively in real life, but it's hilarious how passive-aggressive and condescending Ruby's comment sounds here. 😂

"Marsha, I don't think uni is the right path for you. Some lesser people just aren't built for the macademia struggle."
"My name's Martha."
"Yes, that's what I said - Morla."
"MARTHA."
"
Mohmoh?"
"MARTHA."
"Murrmurr?"
"MAR-THA!!"
"Yes, of course, Marvin. Now if you'll excuse me, I have 36 unsolicited letters to write to the same lecturer."

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I think it's safe to say that Ruby is officially AWOL. I imagine she's not posting anything or uploading any videos because of the backlash she'll get. Her Christmas eve instagram post is full of complaints about the planners. When will she understand that as a grown adult and a supposed businesswoman she has to address this issue? Does she not understand her contractual obligations to people who pay her money for a product?

Reactions: 29
I think it's safe to say that Ruby is officially AWOL. I imagine she's not posting anything or uploading any videos because of the backlash she'll get. Her Christmas eve instagram post is full of complaints about the planners. When will she understand that as a grown adult and a supposed businesswoman she has to address this issue? Does she not understand her contractual obligations to people who pay her money for a product?
What a way to end the year, right?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah, she's really backed herself into a corner with her avoidance tactics.

Too many people are rightfully pissed off about the planners that her posting her usual inane bullshit will just be another new post or comment section for people to fill with complaints and criticism. So she can't do that.

And she's left it far too late to actually respond to the criticism and make things right. She can't address things now without coming off like an ignorant scammer who only addressed it because she'd exhausted all other options, and there's really no explanation or excuse for her and her customer service ghosting everyone. So she can't do that either.

Reactions: 15
Yeah, she's really backed herself into a corner with her avoidance tactics.

Too many people are rightfully pissed off about the planners that her posting her usual inane bullshit will just be another new post or comment section for people to fill with complaints and criticism. So she can't do that.

And she's left it far too late to actually respond to the criticism and make things right. She can't address things now without coming off like an ignorant scammer who only addressed it because she'd exhausted all other options, and there's really no explanation or excuse for her and her customer service ghosting everyone. So she can't do that either.
To be fair to Ruby (sorry …) there’s probably very little she can do right now. All of the production and distribution has been outsourced and trying to raise anyone between Christmas and New Year is going to be a struggle. There’s no excuse for the fact that complaints haven’t been dealt with before the holiday, but Ruby’s probably just nodded along when her agency suggested who to use for the planners - if anything they’re a big part of the problem because it’s not like this hasn’t happened before. It’s a good lesson in looking behind the money before you stick your name all over something (especially if you’re going to relinquish control) but we all know that Ruby will just see the complaints as ‘bullying’ and won’t learn anything from this.

Reactions: 10
To be fair to Ruby (sorry …) there’s probably very little she can do right now. All of the production and distribution has been outsourced and trying to raise anyone between Christmas and New Year is going to be a struggle. There’s no excuse for the fact that complaints haven’t been dealt with before the holiday, but Ruby’s probably just nodded along when her agency suggested who to use for the planners - if anything they’re a big part of the problem because it’s not like this hasn’t happened before. It’s a good lesson in looking behind the money before you stick your name all over something (especially if you’re going to relinquish control) but we all know that Ruby will just see the complaints as ‘bullying’ and won’t learn anything from this.
I think she could post a public apology on her main Instagram and reassure people that she will do everything possible to rectify the situation, as soon as she can get in touch with the warehouse. And stop liking posts by influencer friends saying how amazing the planners are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Just watch, she’ll come back in a week or so as if nothing’s happened, all refreshed from her ”social media break”. She’ll post something in her stories about ”I heard there had been some problems with shipping while I took a well-deserved break, I understand everything’s been resolved now though xx” and from that point on, all comments saying the planners still haven’t arrived will be deleted as bullying. She’ll post a ”how to take care of your mental health” video right after her gift haul and include things like ”only doing what you enjoy,” ”curating a positive online space” and ”exercising and eating healthy food” (in that order).

Reactions: 35
True, but this has happened year after year, with every product release. Ruby has had every chance to realised there's a problems and push for her agency to change something, or at the very least, bring release dates forward to account for manufacturing/shipping delays after they happened before.

And if all else fails, she could have salvaged what little integrity she had left distanced herself from Pumpkin Productivity entirely after realising that quality issues and major logistical problems were order of the day with the production company that her management insisted on using.

I'm no great fan of Jack Edwards, and I think his products are just as shoddy, but the difference in communication when things have gone wrong could not be more night and day. There's been nothing stopping Ruby from getting out in front of this, making her apologies and being transparent.

Instead she and her company have actively lied about the situation and then ignored everyone entirely. Worse than that, she's actively encouraged people to keep buying them and telling them they'd get it in time for Christmas, despite knowing that wasn't true.

Reactions: 17
I think it's a cynical move to repost/like stories by her influencer friends (who've magically received their planners), while continuing to delete all complaints and queries. At best it's highly insensitive.

Reactions: 13
If that was the case and she genuinely had her hands tied she could still post something along those lines: "Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that several people have yet to receive the 2022 planner they ordered. Unfortunately, with the holidays and all, there is not much I can do right now other than assure you that I will personally make sure everything is sorted out as soon as possible." She could then offer to refund shipping costs or offer a substantial discount on PP products to those who still haven't received their planner (obviously after discussion with her management).
That's ignoring the fact that she has been receiving complaints for weeks and she could have handled this before the holiday season, when it's notoriously difficult to get any business done.

If she truly cared about her brand and the people who bought her cheap, over-priced planner, she would be keeping everyone posted as she works hard to get her management to do something. Instead she ghosts everyone for weeks and stops posting on social media just to avoid the consequences of her or her team or their contractors not doing their job properly, and to avoid having to watch her bank account deflate as she gives people their money back. That's not how the real world works, Ruby. If you mess up at your job you can't just stop showing up until your co-workers forget about it. That's only going to make things exponentially worse for you.

She's a greedy, immature, incompetent little girl who only sees her audience as the means to get even richer with zero effort.

Reactions: 25
yikes, those are two seperate spellings? 😬 i just realized i've most likely been spelling stationA/Ery wrong
Uh oh, I didn't mean to have a Ruby finger-wagging moment. ''DID YOU KNOW...'' :p

But yeah, you could say that her business is stationery and her stationery is stationary.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nah she is a pussio for just disappearing. This isn’t just a couple of missing planners, there are tonnes of people in her comments all saying the same thing. I think she needs to put out a proper apology and start issuing some refunds ASAP. People have paid for a product that they never received, no one is communicating with them and now she’s just ran off.
It is absolutely appalling to still not have dispatched them when people ordered them in November, in my eyes it’s literally theft considering that customer service has ignored some of then for weeks ad well.

If that was the case and she genuinely had her hands tied she could still post something along those lines: "Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that several people have yet to receive the 2022 planner they ordered. Unfortunately, with the holidays and all, there is not much I can do right now other than assure you that I will personally make sure everything is sorted out as soon as possible." She could then offer to refund shipping costs or offer a substantial discount on PP products to those who still haven't received their planner (obviously after discussion with her management).
That's ignoring the fact that she has been receiving complaints for weeks and she could have handled this before the holiday season, when it's notoriously difficult to get any business done.

If she truly cared about her brand and the people who bought her cheap, over-priced planner, she would be keeping everyone posted as she works hard to get her management to do something. Instead she ghosts everyone for weeks and stops posting on social media just to avoid the consequences of her or her team or their contractors not doing their job properly, and to avoid having to watch her bank account deflate as she gives people their money back. That's not how the real world works, Ruby. If you mess up at your job you can't just stop showing up until your co-workers forget about it. That's only going to make things exponentially worse for you.

She's a greedy, immature, incompetent little girl who only sees her audience as the means to get even richer with zero effort.
Amen to that, she clearly doesn’t think this her fault or responsibility, but at the end of the day it’s her business and she’s the one who chose to work with that company so the blame falls squarely on her shoulders imo.

Reactions: 14
Just noticed on the website it says that ‘Pumkin Productivity will not refund or reship items if untracked shipping has been selected’. No mention of what to do if the items are not sent. It also says somewhere that orders will be despatched within 5 working days.

It baffles me why anyone would want to buy Ruby’s tat at top notch prices, but she clearly treats her customers with disdain. The longer this saga goes on the more useless the planners will be. It is so immature just to ignore all the complaints; she is acting like a child.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.