Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suspicious… are you Ruby?
No, I feel like we should just come across a lot better sometimes in terms of tone and then we'd actually have a chance of achieving something with Ruby because we can commentate on her all day long like Chris Kamara but it means nothing if we miss an opportunity to actually persuade her to change her ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Just out of curiosity, what advice would we give Ruby if she genuinely did read here?
Whatever the polite version of “get off your high horse” is?

I would give her all the benefit of the doubt in the world if she hadn’t already been through the majority of university already which, at least personally considering I lived at home with parents throughout my entire degree, was still the stage where I became so confident and independent even whilst living at home

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No, I feel like we should just come across a lot better sometimes in terms of tone and then we'd actually have a chance of achieving something with Ruby because we can commentate on her all day long like Chris Kamara but it means nothing if we miss an opportunity to actually persuade her to change her ways.
But first a person has to be open to critique. I asked her a very polite and reasonable question about how much we had donated to charity by watching the ads from her bullying videos and I got (a) radio silence (b) when I dared to repeat my request I got blocked.
This is consistent with Ruby taking issue with her university lecturers' critique, which she dismisses as she believes she knows better. And is also, unfortunately, consistent with her calling everyone a "bully" who happens to disagree with her.
The world is going to wipe its dirty hands all over her if she believes she can go through life with this attitude.

Reactions: 21
Just out of curiosity, what advice would we give Ruby if she genuinely did read here?
Get offline, take off the ‘Ruby Granger’ straight-jacket, get some therapy (decent, challenging therapy and not some dippy-ass waftiness from ‘someone your mother knows’), be open to criticism because you are not and never will be ‘perfect’ (whatever your version of that is), realise that you don’t need to sell every inch of your soul to make money and recognise that even if you stop producing content tomorrow least you’ll be able to walk away from this with some property and a degree of anonymity - see that as a blessing and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Why did she block you?

What do you think it was because of?
I asked her (very nicely) how much money we had raised by watching the adverts in her bullying video. She had taken this video down - which I told her I understood. I asked her subsequently if the money we had raised by watching the ads to this video would still be donated, and she assured me it would. But when I asked her how much we had actually raised I got silence. I repeated my question and I got blocked.

Get offline, take off the ‘Ruby Granger’ straight-jacket, get some therapy (decent, challenging therapy and not some dippy-ass waftiness from ‘someone your mother knows’), be open to criticism because you are not and never will be ‘perfect’ (whatever your version of that is), realise that you don’t need to sell every inch of your soul to make money and recognise that even if you stop producing content tomorrow least you’ll be able to walk away from this with some property and a degree of anonymity - see that as a blessing and move on.
"dippy-ass wackiness" - Classic!

Reactions: 1
Honestly I would probably just advise her to have a break from social media for a while and also to take life a bit less seriously.
That and maybe get a job or something before she leaves uni. I think she comes across as being very naive and having few skills other than academic ones. She’s barely handled the transition from her cozy private school to university, I dread to think how she’s going to handle the transition from university to real life. I think having a job particularly in a setting where she had to deal with people would teach her some much needed skills and give her a lot more confidence.

Reactions: 26
Honestly I would probably just advise her to have a break from social media for a while and also to take life a bit less seriously.
That and maybe get a job or something before she leaves uni. I think she comes across as being very naive and having few skills other than academic ones. She’s barely handled the transition from her cozy private school to university, I dread to think how she’s going to handle the transition from university to real life. I think having a job particularly in a setting where she had to deal with people would teach her some much needed skills and give her a lot more confidence.
Honestly, I am genuinely thinking about not watching her vids anymore because you can see the implosion coming from a mile away - she is just going to spiral completely at some point. I can see her trying to stay in academia for a while longer and either coping (or not … ) with an MA but I just can’t see her managing real life and it makes me sad. I can see her staying at home to ‘concentrate on YouTube’ but it’ll just be another Holly-Gabrielle-esqe failure-to-launch, making a bit of cash from online stuff but totally non-functional in the social sense.

Reactions: 14
Nothing she hasn't already been told I'm sure but, don't let school be your entire personality. Too late now possibly, but I walked that path when I was younger bc so much pressure was put on me + book smarts were the only thing I was ever complimented on for a good few years there...you can't stake so much of your self esteem on something that is as finite as this stage of your life. Learning can be lifelong but even with all that Tory money, school really can't be.

Reactions: 12
Honestly, I am genuinely thinking about not watching her vids anymore because you can see the implosion coming from a mile away - she is just going to spiral completely at some point. I can see her trying to stay in academia for a while longer and either coping (or not … ) with an MA but I just can’t see her managing real life and it makes me sad. I can see her staying at home to ‘concentrate on YouTube’ but it’ll just be another Holly-Gabrielle-esqe failure-to-launch, making cash from online stuff but non-functional in the social sense.
Literally :/ I can’t imagine what she would even film? At least now the ridiculous victorian morning routines make a bit of sense because a lot of her uni work revolves around that time period, and I agree she’ll probably stay in academia for as long as possible, but I think even she knows she can’t be doing that tit once she’s no longer studying… plus she’s so rigid and inflexible I don’t think she’ll be able to easily transition her channel into anything else either. She should just quit while she’s ahead really.
Tbh I think her parents have a lot to answer for in this situation, she shouldn’t have been allowed to live in this fantasy world for so long, it’s ultimately going to end up really holding her back in life.

Reactions: 11
To avoid repeating what has already been said: to stop pretending she is struggling with money when it comes to groceries or buying a book required for classes. She is swimming in cash, the landlord of a house she doesn't live into and not caring enough to let the fridge door open or turn off the lights since she doesn't worry about her bills. She definitely is one of the greediest YouTubers I know despite her supposed acts of generosity. But in general, she definitely to humble herself A LOT.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I would advise her to put more effort in everything she does (real effort, filling her days with busywork and copying her notes over and over doesn't count). She half-asses everything from maintaining the space she lives in to filming her videos.
I would also advise her to stop living her life according to the aesthetic she likes at the moment, and be a little more spontaneous. Quite frankly, she comes across like she lives with a broomstick up her butt. Not everything in your life has to be dark academia or cottagecore themed.

Obviously though the most important piece of advice which others have mentioned is that she needs psychological support. She clearly has a lot of unresolved issues that are actively harming her and will only get worse in the future, not only with her relationship with food but also her Peter Pan syndrome, lack of independence and her inability to accept criticism in any form.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Do not, under any circumstances, move back home once you graduate.
Just that.
Any other advice will be completely beyond her if she moves back in with her parents.

Reactions: 24
I quite frankly disagree. It's also alright to comment on problematic behaviour without being responsible to educate the problematic person in order for your critique to be heard. Like people here pointed out, people have been interacting with her very kindly and explained several times why certain aspects of her content are not alright. She chooses to ignore and block those voices. So I quite frankly give a tit about the tone we choose on this platform. We are no Ruby-correction institute, this is a gossip platform people turn mostly because they are disappointed and fed up with the Roobster.

(Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I react very sensitive to tone policing.)

Reactions: 25
I would advise her to (a) get some medical help as a matter of urgency (b) to recognise that she is not the cleverest person in the room (as she erroneously believes) (c) to stop stealing money under the guise of 'worthy cause'.
@PhoebeWeatherfieldCaulfield Also to realise that it doesn't matter if she's the cleverest person in the room.

Martha reminds me of Effy Stonem in the first few series of Skins a weird way, tries to be different and quirky to make up for the fact she’s trapped. When in reality, she’s nothing like the way she comes across. She over compensates. As for dropping out of uni, I think it’s the privilege. Even though I hated uni, there was no way I could drop out and have that much debt with nothing to show for it. Yet with people like Martha, did she really give it a try? Either way, doesn’t matter as she knows her parents are easily covering the cost. I’m sure the fees for one year of uni is less than 1 term of her old school..?
Oh wow, I KNEW Martha reminded me of someone and had been trying to figure out who it was for ages. Effy Stonem!! Thanks for that. Lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How ironic that Effy is the one with an ED lol
wait what? the actress? in skins cassie's the one with ED, hers is more disordered eating due to depression, side effect not main issue

anywho, had a look at the 2017 video, she posted it on the 3rd/4th of January and Ruby not being on time is on point. She mentions a certain Margot in that video too, maybe she's the one she gifted cups to?

Reactions: 1
wait what? the actress? in skins cassie's the one with ED, hers is more disordered eating due to depression, side effect not main issue

anywho, had a look at the 2017 video, she posted it on the 3rd/4th of January and Ruby not being on time is on point. She mentions a certain Margot in that video too, maybe she's the one she gifted cups to?
Sorry, never seen Skins, got the actresses mixed up. I do think that Effy's character had an ED?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.