Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this not what a lot of college students are doing? I go to a pretty prestigious university in the us and I won’t deny I can be lazy but honestly a lot of us are just trying to do what’s necessary to get the grades we want. I understand though that Ruby’s whole brand is studying and academia and you’d expect her to be putting in a lot of effort.
Word 💀 highest possible grades with the minimum effort possible is always my goal tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Word 💀 highest possible grades with the minimum effort possible is always my goal tbf
Yeah, but then again we can all be honest and admit that this is our strategy and don't need to pretend we are the study queen that just always studies to the max and is just sooooo passionate about studying that she just does it naturally from 4 am to 10 pm.

Reactions: 14
Is this not what a lot of college students are doing? I go to a pretty prestigious university in the us and I won’t deny I can be lazy but honestly a lot of us are just trying to do what’s necessary to get the grades we want. I understand though that Ruby’s whole brand is studying and academia and you’d expect her to be putting in a lot of effort.
I don’t think doing what’s necessary to get the grades (which we all do!) is the same as strategising the easiest way to get a first so you can boast about it later. We were always told to follow our interests and put learning before exams - which is what Ruby claims to do but it seems like she does the opposite. to me it seems like she always chooses the tasks that require the least from her, even if she might not necessarily be the most interested/engaged in them. She puts getting a top grade before everything else to maintain her “top student” persona and I think that’s a problematic image for her to project on her fans without them seeing the full story.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, but then again we can all be honest and admit that this is our strategy and don't need to pretend we are the study queen that just always studies to the max and is just sooooo passionate about studying that she just does it naturally from 4 am to 10 pm.
Yeah tbh I don’t think ruby even does get the highest grades with the minimum amount of effort anyway. She is very inefficient in the way she studies and wastes a lot of time on useless busy work lol

Ruby? Lying? How very dare you…
In case anyone is in any doubt - I have recently been blocked from Ruby's YouTube channel because I asked - very politely - how much money we had all raised from watching the adverts in her "bullying" video (the one she took down). She had previously assured me that the money would still be donated, even although she had removed the video. But when asked how much had been raised, I was blocked. Enough said.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
In case anyone is in any doubt - I have recently been blocked from Ruby's YouTube channel because I asked - very politely - how much money we had all raised from watching the adverts in her "bullying" video (the one she took down). She had previously assured me that the money would still be donated, even although she had removed the video. But when asked how much had been raised, I was blocked. Enough said.
That block is well deserved imo. Don’t you realise that questioning Rubys actions is considered a very serious form of bullying?! Smh!!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Don't know if this was previously spoken about but I was just browsing Miss Patina site and it struck me that all the models in the pictures all look the same, very thin and waif looking. I wonder if seeing those pictures lead to her sudden weight loss. She wears so much Miss Patina stuff, I wonder if she was sent clothes, put them on and the cut was too tight (none of it looks elasticated) and felt it was too snug so she decided to lose some weight. To me she's never looked overweight in the slightest so I wonder if wanting to fit the vintage Miss Patina 'aesthetic' she started restricting. Just a theory of course.

Reactions: 12
Don't know if this was previously spoken about but I was just browsing Miss Patina site and it struck me that all the models in the pictures all look the same, very thin and waif looking. I wonder if seeing those pictures lead to her sudden weight loss. She wears so much Miss Patina stuff, I wonder if she was sent clothes, put them on and the cut was too tight (none of it looks elasticated) and felt it was too snug so she decided to lose some weight. To me she's never looked overweight in the slightest so I wonder if wanting to fit the vintage Miss Patina 'aesthetic' she started restricting. Just a theory of course.
I’ve been wondering about this, too. All of the models on Miss Patina’s website look like tall, waifish 15 year olds. Ruby has never even been “chubby,” but she never looked like the Miss Patina girls and never will. She’s too old now and she just has a different body type.
If she is trying to get that look and still can’t after all she’s put her body through, I think that would be really hard on her mental health and might prompt her to just keep pushing herself and restricting more and more, but it’s just not possible for her.

Reactions: 9
I missed this, what is this about?
I did a summary/recap of it in more detail here:

But long story slightly shorter, Ruby did a group project where she was tasked with making Dickens modern and relatable to a new, younger audience.

She/her group chose to do an escape room, even though it's an activity more suited to murder mysteries and not at all suited to Dickens. Though it was a group project, Ruby very clearly (either by hostile takeover or by group decision) took the lead and did everything.

Ruby claimed the group had designed and built a working escape room, but there was no evidence of this. What she actually did was slap together a half-baked social media campaign for a new hypothetical Dickens-themed escape room. She put as much effort into it as she does her YouTube content: Almost none.

The core promotional images were lazy, 5 minute Photoshops. It failed as a fake business campaign as the Instagram page she made for it had no address, no prices, and she hadn't thought to add even the most basic fake details. There were also sloppy, inaccurate details all over it (Ruby claimed "The Dark Knight is a retelling of A Tale of Two Cities", but it's actually The Dark Knight Rises which alludes to AToTC).

Most damningly, she posted on her personal Instagram and begged all her followers to go follow the Instagram page for her escape room. There was zero legitimate reason for her to have people do this.

It was a uni assignment. The assignment was not to actually attract a young audience, but to put work into creating something that, in theory, would. She was supposed to be graded on the work, not her follower count. Nobody should've been aware of the Instagram profile besides Ruby's group and her tutors.

Ruby did this so she could weaponize her big social media following and give herself a big, unfair advantage over other groups. She no doubt included this in her project as a mark of her own success to try to sway the grader - "Our project attracted x thousand followers in one day, proving just how relevant our project made Dickens to the young YouTube/TikTok crowd! 🙈 Our work was clearly FIRST class! 💫 "

Not a single one of those people followed based on the merits of the content. They did so because Ruby the influencer asked them to.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
There were also sloppy, inaccurate details all over it (Ruby claimed "The Dark Knight is a retelling of A Tale of Two Cities", but it's actually The Dark Knight Rises which alludes to AToTC).
I absolutely love the ease with which you debunk so many of Ruby's claims. Really shows how little effort she puts into... well, anything education-related.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve been wondering about this, too. All of the models on Miss Patina’s website look like tall, waifish 15 year olds. Ruby has never even been “chubby,” but she never looked like the Miss Patina girls and never will. She’s too old now and she just has a different body type.
If she is trying to get that look and still can’t after all she’s put her body through, I think that would be really hard on her mental health and might prompt her to just keep pushing herself and restricting more and more, but it’s just not possible for her.
This may be part of it. I also recall someone saying that the school she went to used to weigh everyone weekly, and they were super weird about food (you couldn’t bring a packed lunch and you could have dessert or a piece of fruit, but not both). Oh and let’s not forget the fact that she’s been reading and recommending books about anorexia since about 2018.

It would be super ironic if Miss Patina had a role to play in it, because blindly aspiring to the impossible body image promoted by fashion - and fast fashion at that - has to be even more anti-feminist in Roobee’s mind than wearing makeup. But I guess the odds are stacked against all young women in one way or another. What I wish for Roobee (lol I’ve just had coffee and it’s very early in the morning so I’m feeling a bit sentimental) is what I would wish for my younger self: to let go of unrealistic expectations and figure out what YOU want.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It was a uni assignment. The assignment was not to actually attract a young audience, but to put work into creating something that, in theory, would. She was supposed to be graded on the work, not her follower count. Nobody should've been aware of the Instagram profile besides Ruby's group and her tutors.

Ruby did this so she could weaponize her big social media following and give herself a big, unfair advantage over other groups.
And there's Ruby's personality in a nutshell. That's who she really, truly is: a spoiled, narcisstic, self-absorbed brat who's willing to sell her own grandmother if it gives her advantage over others. She's manipulative and a liar.

Come on Ruby, upload the 'what I got for Christmas' video already! I'm bored and need content 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Come on Ruby, upload the 'what I got for Christmas' video already! I'm bored and need content 😂
Hey now, Ruby's very, very busy!

She had a lot of gifts, and you know what that means! 2,472 excuses to write rambling thankyou letter essays to people!

Of course, there's no actual "thankyou" in them, they'll just be endless, indecipherable essays about what Christmas means to Ruby, full of wildly inaccurate "Did you know?" "facts" about the traditional Victorian Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Their sizes only go up to a UK 12 usually as well. They sometimes have a 16 which is classed as xxl or something !

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Their sizes only go up to a UK 12 usually as well. They sometimes have a 16 which is classed as xxl or something !
It's so depressing. Hate being labelled an XXL when I'm literally the average UK dress size. I wish they'd do away with that kind of BS subjective sizing

Reactions: 18
Maybe she's tired of the backlash she receives every time she posts one of these videos and she won't post a christmas haul this year

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.