Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic entirely so apologies, but while I know it’s for engagement etc it always makes me laugh when Ruby posts these “classical music recommendations please” question boxes knowing full well she’s never going to follow through when books like this, and Google, literally exist 😂 it does just make her look like she has no common sense sometimes

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Off topic, but does anyone else find it bizarre that Ruby does not use her real name on her LinkedIn profile.
I mentioned this in previous thread i think. I believe it is an indicator that she will pursue the "youtube career" instead of literature/publishing career. I think nickname on linkedin is okay to use nickname if your career is based on youtube because thats how youre known in the sector. But it would be odd for people with more normal jobs like working in a publishing house etc. (I cant think of any other career options with english lit degree)

Reactions: 13
It’s interesting that so much of her audience is a lot younger than she is. There is really no sense of her audience developing / progressing along with her; you can imagine her followers ‘outgrowing’ her. I think most people Ruby’s age would find her content quite strange.

Reactions: 12
It’s interesting that so much of her audience is a lot younger than she is. There is really no sense of her audience developing / progressing along with her; you can imagine her followers ‘outgrowing’ her. I think most people Ruby’s age would find her content quite strange.
Same, i'm around the same age as Ruby and I find her content quite strange. I get she's at university but she seems to be doing uni work the majority of the day, even in the summer. I do wonder what she would be like once she gets a job because studying seems to be the only thing she enjoys. I didn't see the point in the work experience she did in the summer, I think it was just copying stuff down and sending it in.

Reactions: 11
If you look on Twitter or forums that mention Ruby, most people comment how they used to be an avid watcher 3 years ago but stopped watching a while back. Most of these people seem to either be recent graduates or people Ruby's age who relate more to age-appropriate things. This shows that she's not targeting her content to current university students, but to those still in school.

Reactions: 15
If you look on Twitter or forums that mention Ruby, most people comment how they used to be an avid watcher 3 years ago but stopped watching a while back. Most of these people seem to either be recent graduates or people Ruby's age who relate more to age-appropriate things. This shows that she's not targeting her content to current university students, but to those still in school.
I think maybe she's stuck for content and is just doing what she's been doing for years, in the fear she might lose followers.

I mentioned this in previous thread i think. I believe it is an indicator that she will pursue the "youtube career" instead of literature/publishing career. I think nickname on linkedin is okay to use nickname if your career is based on youtube because thats how youre known in the sector. But it would be odd for people with more normal jobs like working in a publishing house etc. (I cant think of any other career options with english lit degree)
Yh I think its weird she uses her youtube name on LinkedIn, what is she going to do for content though if she does it full time, because she can't be at university forever to just be a studytuber.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think maybe she's stuck for content and is just doing what she's been doing for years, in the fear she might lose followers.
Lots of YouTubers who have regenerated their channels have talked about that - I think Tyler Oakley is a good example of what can happen to a channel that stagnates.

Reactions: 2
Lots of YouTubers who have regenerated their channels have talked about that - I think Tyler Oakley is a good example of what can happen to a channel that stagnates.
So true, I think she look at people like Lydia Violeta who has went from studytuber to kinda lifestyle youtuber and her content seems really good at the moment.

Reactions: 4
She will probably milk a few more years out of being a studytuber as she's completing her Masters and maybe stretch it on even longer after that.

I think she will eventually run out of content though, as she already is. She's done about 32457 routines already and more than enough "productive" vlogs.

I could see her turning her youtube into more of a historical channel after university but she would have to really step it up. Most of the Victorian videos she's done haven't been well researched and put together.

I don't see her being much of a lifestyle vlogger either. Her whole channel focuses on academia so I think she would really struggle with content that isn't that and it would be very awkward (like when she tried ballet in London).

Lydia travels, has a normal social life, has studied abroad, and isn't a hot mess. She's basically the opposite of everything Ruby is. It's also obvious she enjoys vlogging far more than Ruby ever has.

She will probably milk a few more years out of being a studytuber as she's completing her Masters and maybe stretch it on even longer after that.

I think she will eventually run out of content though, as she already is. She's done about 32457 routines already and more than enough "productive" vlogs.

I could see her turning her youtube into more of a historical channel after university but she would have to really step it up. Most of the Victorian videos she's done haven't been well researched and put together.

I don't see her being much of a lifestyle vlogger either. Her whole channel focuses on academia so I think she would really struggle with content that isn't that and it would be very awkward (like when she tried ballet in London).

Lydia travels, has a normal social life, has studied abroad, and isn't a hot mess. She's basically the opposite of everything Ruby is. It's also obvious she enjoys vlogging far more than Ruby ever has.
If you take away the Victorian videos and routines off of Ruby's channel, there wouldn't be much left apart from the study videos. The fact that Ruby has to piece together any 'vlogs' from multiple days and pretend that everything happened in a single afternoon just goes to show how little purpose she has.

Reactions: 11
I find the routines very odd. How many different ways are there to show getting washed, brush teeth, have breakfast, etc? In any case, I wouldn’t feel comfortable broadcasting this to the world. Based on the number of subscribers, her channel is clearly successful, but the reasons for the adulation she receives is lost on me.

I find the routines very odd. How many different ways are there to show getting washed, brush teeth, have breakfast, etc? In any case, I wouldn’t feel comfortable broadcasting this to the world. Based on the number of subscribers, her channel is clearly successful, but the reasons for the adulation she receives is lost on me.
The routine videos aren't really even instructional, they are like pseudo-vlogs that often contradict each other.

Reactions: 16
And what's with the reading while bushing her teeth, you'd read about one page and probably get toothpaste on the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I like the way Holly Gabrielle's channel is going, I think when she was doing her masters and doing daily vlogs it was good but got quite repetitive but I think she's doing well the now with the different type of content she's doing like when she did vlogmas. Tbh I thought Holly's channel would get a bit boring after she left uni because like Ruby, studying was the main content of her channel.

Reactions: 3
I too think routine videos are quite pointless. If they were workout or skincare routines I would understand the appeal, but with regular morning/night ones? Tbf I started following her when she was doing Theology because of her Q&As about uni, I must have watched one or two of her routine videos in total. I don't even get the point of having a routine IRL, unless you have some mentall illness that requires you to live with a lot of structure.

Reactions: 3
Oh wow I did not know Ruby Granger the youtube persona has her own Linkedin, that is so weird to me! Just had a look and her blurb about herself contains gems such as "The role of Head Girl at school given me invaluable experience working as a leader, on projects such as this.". There's a punctuation error and a missing word, plus it seems really strange to me to put the fact that you were Head Girl at school front and center in a text that's supposed to show that you're a confident social media entrepreneur who's almost finished with university. If I were an employer I wouldn't be too impressed with that profile tbh.

Also it was news to me that Ruby's channel is apparently "offering an insight into how social media can be used to tackle big issues like World Hunger". Like wtf, I've never noticed that Ruby's content is about tackling world hunger. Then again what do I know, maybe her tiny portions of porridge are all part of an elaborate performative art project about world hunger 🤔

Also, given the current planner delivery disaster, I'd maybe take this sentence down if I were Ruby: "I have also gained important experience in management since I manage communication with the printing and postage companies myself, as well as customers directly". Like uh. Maybe don't explicitly draw attention to this on your Linkedin if one quick social media/Google search will tell potential employers just how badly that management project is actually going.

But at least I got one truly interesting bit of information from this truly bizarre read: During her time as head girl, Ruby apparently "helped introduce recycling bins into the Pre-Prep department and set up a school Holocaust Memorial" and was a "Holocaust Education Trust Young Ambassador (LFA)" - so that's where she got the idea from! That's why she took money from the holocaust charity so she could set up more memorials like that! Except she hasn't actually done that yet cause I'm sure it would be on her LinkedIn if she had because every little thing she ever did is one there, recounted in great detail so as to make Ruby sound like the most impressive high-achieving person ever. I hate people like that. I mean sure, it's LinkedIn, you're supposed to present yourself in a positive light, but there's a difference between doing that and bragging like crazy, imho.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, I'm sure the wonders of Ruby's LinkedIn page have been discussed here before.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The bit where it says she can offer freelance video-editing services made me roll my eyes.

Also, I have no idea what a Pre-Prep Department is.

Other than that it seems very long and I would get bored half way if I was a potential employer. I can understand great detail for senior positions, but it all seems excessive for an undergraduate with next to no experience in anything that might be useful in the real world

Reactions: 12
Oh wow I did not know Ruby Granger the youtube persona has her own Linkedin, that is so weird to me! Just had a look and her blurb about herself contains gems such as "The role of Head Girl at school given me invaluable experience working as a leader, on projects such as this.". There's a punctuation error and a missing word, plus it seems really strange to me to put the fact that you were Head Girl at school front and center in a text that's supposed to show that you're a confident social media entrepreneur who's almost finished with university. If I were an employer I wouldn't be too impressed with that profile tbh.

Also it was news to me that Ruby's channel is apparently "offering an insight into how social media can be used to tackle big issues like World Hunger". Like wtf, I've never noticed that Ruby's content is about tackling world hunger. Then again what do I know, maybe her tiny portions of porridge are all part of an elaborate performative art project about world hunger 🤔

Also, given the current planner delivery disaster, I'd maybe take this sentence down if I were Ruby: "I have also gained important experience in management since I manage communication with the printing and postage companies myself, as well as customers directly". Like uh. Maybe don't explicitly draw attention to this on your Linkedin if one quick social media/Google search will tell potential employers just how badly that management project is actually going.

But at least I got one truly interesting bit of information from this truly bizarre read: During her time as head girl, Ruby apparently "helped introduce recycling bins into the Pre-Prep department and set up a school Holocaust Memorial" and was a "Holocaust Education Trust Young Ambassador (LFA)" - so that's where she got the idea from! That's why she took money from the holocaust charity so she could set up more memorials like that! Except she hasn't actually done that yet cause I'm sure it would be on her LinkedIn if she had because every little thing she ever did is one there, recounted in great detail so as to make Ruby sound like the most impressive high-achieving person ever. I hate people like that. I mean sure, it's LinkedIn, you're supposed to present yourself in a positive light, but there's a difference between doing that and bragging like crazy, imho.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, I'm sure the wonders of Ruby's LinkedIn page have been discussed here before.
What happened with the planners? Did they not turn out the way she wanted them too?

The bit where it says she can offer freelance video-editing services made me roll my eyes.

Other than that it seems very long and I would get bored half way if I was a potential employer. I can understand great detail for senior positions, but it all seems excessive for an undergraduate with next to no experience in anything that might be useful in the real world
I can just imagine people she went to school with reading it and being like no you didn't, wtf is this bullshit.

Reactions: 8
Ruby’s content is a really weird mix of stuff. Some of it seems to be aimed at much younger ‘school-age’ viewers, to whom she’s selling this strange idea that uni is either terribly aesthetic school you live at or endless essays you write at home. Alongside that are videos that suggest she’s living almost exactly the same lifestyle as her mum, minus the ethanol or any any kind of social life.

Traditionally, it’s the part of the school that educates children up to the age of 7.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.