Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby is a walking advert for Fortnum and Mason at this point. I think a sponsorship or #gifted products from them is basically her life goal. She's always showing us their tea and that ridiculous mug.

I looked up who's behind F&M, and colour me shocked...it's a Tory donor! Not that Ruby's done any research into this. But it doesn't help her desperate attempts to establish herself as left wing.

Screenshot_20220102-100725_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 10
I would love to know what Ruby thinks she is enough of an authority on to publish a book (see 'Things to do in 2022'). I guess she's starting to feel left out that so many of her 'influencer' peers have published books, but that doesn't mean that they're worth reading. Once again it's all about the bottom line, knowing that followers will buy something that is completely full of bad advice. Live a little, Ruby, and you might learn something to write about.

On another note, her videos are getting more and more slapdash and repetitive. The captions don't stay on the screen long enough to read, things jump around all over the place, clips are cut off halfway through and everything is only ever half explained (if that).
I’ve always wondered whether the length of time she leaves captions on-screen is an attempt to make her own reading speed seem impressive, while making her viewers feel bad about their ‘inadequacy’ in comparison. As if she wants them to think, ‘wow, I couldn’t possibly read that paragraph in two seconds, but if Ruby’s only given us that long to read it, that must be all she needs. Isn’t she clever! I wish I was more like Ruby!’ But maybe I’m being unfair.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I’ve always wondered whether the length of time she leaves captions on-screen is an attempt to make her own reading speed seem impressive, while making her viewers feel bad about their ‘inadequacy’ in comparison. As if she wants them to think, ‘wow, I couldn’t possibly read that paragraph in two seconds, but if Ruby’s only given us that long to read it, that must be all she needs. Isn’t she clever! I wish I was more like Ruby!’ But maybe I’m being unfair.
She does seem like the kind of person who would brag about how fast they can read or type like a 9 year old lmao

Reactions: 19
I always think she’s trying to hide something by just flashing it on the screen for a second or so, like she knows what she’s showing on the video doesn’t align with the image she wants to project, so she adds a disclaimer but hopes no one will pay enough attention to start questioning her truthfulness.

Of course, it could just be her general ineptitude. Her editing has really gone downhill, and it was pretty shoddy to begin with. I think she’s so overwhelmed with all the ”work” she’s set herself, and her inability to concentrate, that she’s now trying to actually follow her own advice and since ”a task will elongate to fill up the time you assign it,” she’s cutting all possible corners in order to finish tasks in a ridiculously short amount of time. Her latest video had a glaring example of this - she said it was 9:30 and she was going to write the first paragraph of he Dickens paper, then suddenly it’s an hour later and ”I’ve just been replying to some emails.” She then went on to do a million other pieces of ”admin”. Why would anyone do that? She’s on her winter break, all she has is a paper to write. She has the whole day stretching in front of her, she could easily get an entire first draft of the essay done. Instead, she writes one paragraph and then whiles away the rest of the day doing busywork.

Also, she wants us to have a productive 2020. Cheers to that! 💫🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Someone here mentioned that she never takes her dog along on her morning walks and today she posted an Instagram story of the dog on a leash...

Hi Ruby! 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This may be a BEC moment, but why on earth does she light only one wick of her new candle on the first day of her vlog, and then the second wick the next day? I'm no candle expert, but surely that's going to negatively affect how the candle burns?

Also, does she have both avocado and peanut butter (or something similar) on that one slice of toast? Ruby, you're allowed to have two slices! You don't have to combine them! 😖

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This may be a BEC moment, but why on earth does she light only one wick of her new candle on the first day of her vlog, and then the second wick the next day? I'm no candle expert, but surely that's going to negatively affect how the candle burns?

Also, does she have both avocado and peanut butter (or something similar) on that one slice of toast? Ruby, you're allowed to have two slices! You don't have to combine them! 😖
Not to mention afaik they're both sources of fats so it doesn't really make for a balanced meal to combine them

Reactions: 1
Not to mention afaik they're both sources of fats so it doesn't really make for a balanced meal to combine them
I think avocado on toast and peanut butter on toast is a legitimate meal, just not at all in the quantity that Ruby eats. Doubling up on one food group isn't bad as long as it doesn't happen every time (and I think it's fair to say it doesn't at all with Ruby).

Reactions: 11
I’ve always wondered whether the length of time she leaves captions on-screen is an attempt to make her own reading speed seem impressive, while making her viewers feel bad about their ‘inadequacy’ in comparison.
I AM EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PERSON WHOS FOOLED BY THESE KIND OF TRICKS! :( I thought she is a bookworm before reading gossip sites :p

Reactions: 13

Combining foods in small amounts like she does is a pretty typical ED thing to do, when you think you can only have a very limited amount of food and can’t make up your mind what to have because your body wants to eat ALL THE THINGS to avoid starvation, this is the kind of bullshit ”meal” you end up having.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
"I LOVE mist. Mist might be my favourite weather, maybe even more than snow. Probably even more than rain, and THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING because I love rain." Why does Ruby do this? Why does every new thing she encounters have to be her FAVOURITE? Same reason she constantly claim she ALWAYS does things she never does: Narcissists and compulsive liars often exaggerate and lie about the tiniest things for attention or just for no reason at all. Everything's a competition, and Ruby always has to win, even if the only other opponent is her last remaining brain cell.
I used to work in a primary school, and 5 year olds made these kind of statements all the time, but do you know why they can get away with that, Ruby? Because they are still developing emotionally and socially, learning what is an acceptable thing to say and what is downright ridiculous. You're an adult, you don't need to go on rants about your favourite things like you're trying to bag the role of Maria in a revival of the Sound of Music. I don't think I've had a single conversation about someone's favourite things since I was a teenager, because usually these things come up naturally, rather than forcing them into people's ears. Liking something =/= personality.

Every aspect of life isn't a competition to one-up others with how much you love something vs. how much I love it. My advice to Ruby: chill out and stop taking yourself so seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I bet she didn’t post “What I got for Christmas” to avoid comments from people who ordered planners who would have said, “guess what I DIDN’T get for Christmas”

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Actually going to defend Ruby and her food here,, it’s honestly one of the best combos

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Ruby is a walking advert for Fortnum and Mason at this point. I think a sponsorship or #gifted products from them is basically her life goal. She's always showing us their tea and that ridiculous mug.

I looked up who's behind F&M, and colour me shocked...it's a Tory donor! Not that Ruby's done any research into this. But it doesn't help her desperate attempts to establish herself as left wing.

View attachment 957241
Sounds about right!

I wonder how Ruby feels when Molly, her source of inspiration/imitation on so many occasions, shows herself reading The Guardian and doing the crossword with her mum - a wholesome left-wing family bonding moment - while Ruby's family share the Telegraph, don't pay their taxes and go on a family shopping trip to Waitrose like a bunch of Tory stereotypes.

And Holly and Molly have been showing themselves taking covid tests regularly on-screen. Meanwhile Ruby just lies about taking them when she's gone everywhere in public with symptoms, seemingly unvaccinated. Oh, the betrayal Ruby must feel from her inspo queens.

Reactions: 18
Ruby just lies about taking them when she's gone everywhere in public with symptoms, seemingly unvaccinated
She's not lying she takes the test in her bag with her she just hasn't completed taking the test as it wasn't on her admin list

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She's not lying she takes the test in her bag with her she just hasn't completed taking the test as it wasn't on her admin list
The instructions were too long and had too many complicated words, but she heard about pregnancy tests before in an article about the dangers of teen parties. Ruby applied this knowledge to Covid tests and has just been peeing on them this whole time.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Actually going to defend Ruby and her food here,, it’s honestly one of the best combos
Another avocado and PB on toast fan here! The PB is a good source of protein and I doubt she's going to overload on fats. It's actually a refreshing change to the jam she usually has

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am not sure its worth critiquing her food like this. She is for sure harmful but I dont think its benifitting anyone to do this, we can mention her weird food combinations without analysing the nutritional value.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.