Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And her calendar entry shows that she wasn't completely alone when she was in London as she was 'shopping with' someone for at least part of her trip.
And the beach trip last week to see a "friend" (read: child of her parents' friends) that she was posting about in her stories that she painted as a solo adventure on the train? Turns out Martha was there, too (she didn't warrant a mention in Ruby's stories at the time evidently, that would've shot a hole in her newfound pretend independence).

Ruby first pretended this was a solo trip to see a friend, now mentions it as a trip just to see her sister and friend (note the use of "my friend" for added independence vibes, not "friend of the family").

But if the logistics of how the family surfboards got there when both Ruby and Martha came from uni weren't a dead giveaway, guess who else was there that Ruby has carefully neglected to mention or post photos of...

Has she gone a single week without dragging her parents to Devon or running to see them? And guaranteed, there's no way her parents went to fetch Martha from uni for this like they do with Ruby.

Ruby, either grow up and actually spend time away from your family for your own personal growth or just commit to your "I'm happy being a sheltered child and we need to normalise that!" stance, but stop lying about it.

Reactions: 38
Omg I actually cannot get over the playlists ahahahha what the fuck? And I thought my taste in music was weird

Reactions: 1

I swear oatmeal is 95% of her diet at this point. I feel like she only eats something different when she's at restaurants.
I genuinely thought that was a plate of mushy peas with banana and that was not at all what I needed on a Monday morning

Reactions: 9
Omg she’s paying her uni fees out right!!! Holy shit. Doesn’t surprise me as it’s quite common for private school parents to continue to pay but fuck me why does she need to show that on her calendar

Reactions: 22
It really does seem like she has steered the proJACT into fangirling over Dickens 'aesthetic' rather than actually answering the question, I hope her group mates add some content themselves that saves their own grades.

Reactions: 11
I feel like a murder themed dickens escape room is a bit random he's hardly Agatha Christie (love you pie-rot) when I think dickens I don't think murder. Maybe a room where you have to escape the spirits of Christmas past, present and future would have been more apt or one that takes you round Charles Dickens London where each room is a different part of london relevant to his books.

Reactions: 28
When she started taking photos of her Dickens books for the project I did wonder if that was part of the reasoning for going home. I really think she is going to struggle with her dissertation, she's going to try so hard to pidgeon-hole it into her particular interests rather than based on literature, it seems.

Reactions: 15
It feels like she’s gone right back to where she was with her very first university assignment, where she thought that doing it the Roo-bee way was going to dazzle her tutors and get her the highest, most tippety-top grades ever seen in the world of acadaymia. We all know how that went but it almost feels like she hasn’t learned anything since then and she’s taken her upcoming dissertation as a reason to go completely off-piste again.

Reactions: 16
Anyone else think that 'death in the workhouse' is so incredibly tone-deaf and ignorant that I'm not sure wether to laugh or cry...? XD

Reactions: 30
OMG I feel so embarrassed for her - it's so cringe that she can't be open about this (like an adult would be, so I guess she's on brand). She so carefully curated her photos to make sure her parents weren't in them too!

Omg she’s paying her uni fees out right!!! Holy shit. Doesn’t surprise me as it’s quite common for private school parents to continue to pay but fuck me why does she need to show that on her calendar
I spotted that too! Why on earth she isn't taking advantage of being able to get a tuition fees loan, I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Anyone else think that 'death in the workhouse' is so incredibly tone-deaf and ignorant that I'm not sure wether to laugh or cry...? XD
Yep. I mean, it could be worse but the cognitive dissonance involved in combining that with comment about child poverty in the same post is quite special.

Reactions: 7
I spotted that too! Why on earth she isn't taking advantage of being able to get a tuition fees loan, I don't know.
To be fair, if you can afford not to take out a loan, why would you? Of course it’s going to be down to everyone’s personal circumstances, but given her parents can obviously afford it, I totally get why they would help her out. Repaying student loans takes most people a long time and is a financial pressure which for her is avoidable. It’s a slap in the face to most people, but if her parents are willing then fair enough.

Reactions: 37
The tax evasion part killed me

But can we talk about the smile song. It's tormenting...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Maybe if her dad paid the correct level of tax she would need a partial loan!!!
Scum bags!

Reactions: 6
(this is fun)

edit: just noticed the fish in the background, it’s a great fit with the dead eyes tbh

Reactions: 18
Maybe if her dad paid the correct level of tax she would need a partial loan!!!
Scum bags!
Yes the fact that the reason they have that money is the result of wildly immoral money management is clearly another - very serious - issue.

Reactions: 18
I think it's safe to say at this point she's still modelling her whole life off of fictional characters. She's just dropped Hermione- or stopped mentioning her at least! - and moved on to Anne with an E, Little Women and Sara from a Little Princess.

Ruby, as we know you read here. If you really must live your life as someone else, please for your own sake get over your aversion to popular culture/watching TV and find yourself an adult, 21st century character to model yourself off instead. I recommend watching Holby City and looking out for Chloe (Series 21-22). She's more your agegroup than Anne and the LW squad, gives off slight Hermione vibes but is much more grounded and likeable (and normal!), is a bit of a perfectionist and struggles with her mental health but has a balanced life and manages to live in her flat share with her friends and not go running home to her mum every week. You'd find her emotional dependency on her mum in series 21 very relatable, and copying the growing up and out of that she does later on would do you a ton of good. There's also a bunch of incredible Chloe fanfiction that covers that and her mental health struggles too, better than the series does tbh. Anything by iseultlabelle is like the All The Young Dudes of Holby City fanfic.

She's got a nice, slightly quirky but modest dress sense that would suit you better than the Victorian child look too.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Reactions: 2
Rory Gilmore

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.