Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone fill me in with what happened with that Holocaust memorial thing she promised to spend the charity #AD money on?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can someone fill me in with what happened with that Holocaust memorial thing she promised to spend the charity #AD money on?
It was never mentioned again, of course.
But the North (Tattle) remembers

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Can she stop acting like she has to budget for food?
It's like when rich people scour charity shops and supermarkets for bargains so they can prove a point about budgeting 😬

Coincidentally, Ruby's mother posted a poem about the joys of finally having time alone to enjoy peace and quiet and how good that is for her mental health...shortly before Ruby comes back to ruin it.

Oh, here I am
Alone at last
Just me, the rain
Present and past

I sit by the window
And start to write away
I’m all cosy inside
On this grizzly, grey day

The silence is perfect
Drips are all that I hear
Settling into puddles
Nature’s very own tears

I relish the quiet
To be all by myself
To be in the moment
Just so good for my health

Looking out through the pane
I can see the willow tree
Bows majestically
Saying hello it's Roobee to me

A spider is stuck
Halfway down the wall
It’s stillness stills me
Doesn’t let me fall

The glass lamp shines down
My laptop gives light
The unlit fire waits
Until day is night

The garden fuschia sways
I feel like I should too
But how blissful it is
Until I do need to
This is one of the worst poems I've ever read 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Can she stop acting like she has to budget for food?
It's especially gross considering there's people who might actually need to rely on reduced foods, while this fuckwit's taking them off the shelf just to try to prove she's not rich for some reason.

Reactions: 22
Long time lurker , talking about ruby's non linear filming , that Waitrose is not in Exeter but near where home is , in a small town starting with B. (Won't name the town as I don't want to explicitly state the approximate area of where her family lives) Hasn't she been in Exeter for 6 weeks? No way this was filmed in September.
I KNEW I RECOGNISED IT I thought to myself that's not in Exeter and now I know why!

It's especially gross considering there's people who might actually need to rely on reduced foods, while this fuckwit's taking them off the shelf just to try to prove she's not rich for some reason.
Not going to lie I love a good yellow sticker I don't need to rely on reduced food but if I see a bargain I'm going to get it especially if I nip into the m&s garage to get petrol on my way home from work

Reactions: 15
WTactualF is this about? One, my brain always reads Ma Granger’s poetry in Pam Ayers’ voice which makes it even worse, and two, this verse? stanza? God knows? really is painfully bad.
It's pretty self-explanatory, I think; if you see random plants swaying about in the garden, you have to mimic their actions to blend in like camouflage, but only when the time is right (i.e., when Ruby arrives).

Then Ruby's mum stands in the garden, dancing like one of those inflatable tube men, hoping Ruby never notices her.

For real though, that poem is nonsensical.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Not going to lie I love a good yellow sticker I don't need to rely on reduced food but if I see a bargain I'm going to get it especially if I nip into the m&s garage to get petrol on my way home from work
Grabbing a bargain is one thing, but Ruby having her parents drive her to Tesco just to get reduced fruit to play make-believe on Instagram isn't cool, and isn't going to fool anyone into thinking she's just like regular people.

Everyone's well aware she has a bank full of spare sponsor/charity cash, usually shops at Waitrose, already has a giant freezer full of frozen fruits and free food deliveries coming from random vegan food places, so I'm not sure who she thinks will buy this.

Reactions: 20
Grabbing a bargain is one thing, but Ruby having her parents drive her to Tesco just to get reduced fruit to play make-believe on Instagram isn't cool, and isn't going to fool anyone into thinking she's just like regular people.

Everyone's well aware she has a bank full of spare sponsor/charity cash, usually shops at Waitrose, already has a giant freezer full of frozen fruits and free food deliveries coming from random vegan food places, so I'm not sure who she thinks will buy this.
I see your point sorry been a very long day at work with covid positive residents and not thinking straight

Reactions: 3
Coincidentally, Ruby's mother posted a poem about the joys of finally having time alone to enjoy peace and quiet and how good that is for her mental health...shortly before Ruby comes back to ruin it.

Oh, here I am
Alone at last
Just me, the rain
Present and past

I sit by the window
And start to write away
I’m all cosy inside
On this grizzly, grey day

The silence is perfect
Drips are all that I hear
Settling into puddles
Nature’s very own tears

I relish the quiet
To be all by myself
To be in the moment
Just so good for my health

Looking out through the pane
I can see the willow tree
Bows majestically
Saying hello it's Roobee to me

A spider is stuck
Halfway down the wall
It’s stillness stills me
Doesn’t let me fall

The glass lamp shines down
My laptop gives light
The unlit fire waits
Until day is night

The garden fuschia sways
I feel like I should too
But how blissful it is
Until I do need to
This poem reminds me of early high school years, doing poetry homework for English with a rhymezone.com tab open and just putting in whatever "fits".
So much of this makes zero sense or just flows so clunkily, it feels redundant to even bother picking parts out.

Also, "Saying hello it's Roobee" stopp it 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Final thing I will say on my mini rant (lol, sorry!) is that I totally agree there are plenty of things to criticise Ruby on - her bodychecking particularly infuriates me and I think it is totally irresponsible when she has a young audience. Though I would like to pose that whilst going home may be unhelpful in some ways to her - ie regression in certain ways - it may also be providing crucial support to her in others. I'm glad that if she thinks she needs to go home less she is taking steps to meet this goal - but my point was more generally that we can't just tit on everything she does for the sake of it - it kind of blunts the very valid criticisms that people make. For example, I personally felt the discussion a few pages back about her touching books in a bookstore was a bit OTT and then the criticisms of other things get lost!

(also, full disclaimer; I don't watch many of her videos so I might not be as clued up as some others on this thread are!)

Reactions: 5
I see your point sorry been a very long day at work with covid positive residents and not thinking straight
No worries, I totally agree with your point. At the end of the day, that food's there for anyone to buy, and a bargain's a bargain for most people.

In Ruby's case though, it's just a super transparent way to try to be relatable, like her food haul of home brand cereals suddenly getting posted after people pointed out her habit of shopping at expensive supermarkets while claiming to be on a budget.

And she's lucky she's studying in the UK. I did my undergrad degree in English and German lit in Germany where we don't have reading weeks, we're expected to cope with the workload as the term progresses.
but doesn't term start way later? Or it probably differs from Land to Land I guess. Cause I'm currently doing my Erasmus in Bayern and the term only started last Monday on October 18th.

Last edited:
but doesn't term start way later? Or it probably differs from Land to Land I guess. Cause I'm currently doing my Erasmus in Bayern and the term only started last Monday in October 18th.
Yeah, term starts later and ends later over here but the point I was making was that we don't have a reading week in the humanities at all.

Reactions: 1
re: reduced raspberries

For me it's not the fact that she bought something for reduced price, it's how she worded it. "Never manage to find reduced berries!" as if she has to wait for the price to be reduced to enjoy them? Who is she kidding? It's nice to be able to afford whatever you feel like eating and everyone knows she is quite well off, I don't know why she is acting like she has been chasing yellow stickers left and right, as if she has to make do with whatever is reduced that day.

Reactions: 25
re: reduced raspberries

For me it's not the fact that she bought something for reduced price, it's how she worded it. "Never manage to find reduced berries!" as if she has to wait for the price to be reduced to enjoy them? Who is she kidding? It's nice to be able to afford whatever you feel like eating and everyone knows she is quite well off, I don't know why she is acting like she has been chasing yellow stickers left and right, as if she has to make do with whatever is reduced that day.
yeah for me I wouldn't have minded if she said something like "found these berries on sale!" or some tit but she doesn't have to pretend that she can't afford them otherwise. it's disingenuous and hey, saying she found something cool on say is still going going be relatable, so there's no reason to be annoying.

same for her clothes. get a few high quality staples and stop getting miss pattina

maybe we're overreacting to this but coming from a third world country where fast fashion is the only way you can get affordable clothes it irks me that she's choosing to buy it/promote it when she can definitely shop more sustainably

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.