Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
re: reduced raspberries

For me it's not the fact that she bought something for reduced price, it's how she worded it. "Never manage to find reduced berries!" as if she has to wait for the price to be reduced to enjoy them? Who is she kidding? It's nice to be able to afford whatever you feel like eating and everyone knows she is quite well off, I don't know why she is acting like she has been chasing yellow stickers left and right, as if she has to make do with whatever is reduced that day.
It's similar to the time she complained that a £20 book was just sooo expensive. It's a bit painful to see her try to relate to normal uni students who actually have to budget.

Reactions: 19
By the way y'all, it's autumn. I don't think Ruby has mentioned it in a while. Don't forget to appreciate it!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It's similar to the time she complained that a £20 book was just sooo expensive. It's a bit painful to see her try to relate to normal uni students who actually have to budget.
She'll soon split the difference with being fake poor and having superficial interest in history and combine the two.

A sneak preview of her next video, coming in November:

"Black Death Friday Shopping Haul 💀😂+ Thanksgiving Pilgrim Morning Routine 🤠🥳 (vlog) 📚 dark academia || university 🙈 *AD*"

To celebrate Thanksgiving, Ruby hunts for new high street books she likes the covers of and tries to put together a Thanksgiving dinner on a budget just like regular people, while spreading Autumn cheer and untold germs along the way.

And because her trip to Waterstones in a mouldy vintage plague doctor outfit didn't stretch to ten minutes, she's also included yet another historically inaccurate morning routine, this time from the perspective of a young pilgrim child at the time of the first Thanksgiving.

Don't worry, her Thanksgiving dinner is totally sustainable and vegan; she made sure not to have cheese with any of the turkey meat she added to her porridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
hi everyone, long time lurker who has finally made an account

I don't know if this was already mentioned in other threads, but does anyone else remember that one time Roobeetina was reading and raving about a Stephen King's book, both on YouTube and GR, how it was so good and scary as per usual of such a great writer, but didn't realise it wasn't actually from SK but from a wannabe author with a very similar name? I was dumbfounded. How does a self-proclaimed ✨bookworm✨ not notice the glaring differences in quality writing? Scratch that, how did she not notice the name at all? During the time she was reading it, the time she was filming reading it, the time she was editing the video, the time she spoke about it, the time she added it on GR and wrote about it, etc? People had to tell her it wasn't a SK book!

I remember this being the breaking point for me regarding her so called love for books and literature. I was already skeptical of it all, and also annoyed with the constant and because it's me I'm reading a book while I brush my teeth but this was really something else.

• Wow
  • Heart

I don't know if this was already mentioned in other threads, but does anyone else remember that one time Roobeetina was reading and raving about a Stephen King's book, both on YouTube and GR, how it was so good and scary as per usual of such a great writer, but didn't realise it wasn't actually from SK but from a wannabe author with a very similar name? I was dumbfounded. How does a self-proclaimed ✨bookworm✨ not notice the glaring differences in quality writing? Scratch that, how did she not notice the name at all? During the time she was reading it, the time she was filming reading it, the time she was editing the video, the time she spoke about it, the time she added it on GR and wrote about it, etc? People had to tell her it wasn't a SK book!

I remember this being the breaking point for me regarding her so called love for books and literature. I was already skeptical of it all, and also annoyed with the constant and because it's me I'm reading a book while I brush my teeth but this was really something else.
Damn is thé video still up? Don’t remember this at all!

Reactions: 2
Damn is thé video still up? Don’t remember this at all!
I do remember that in one of her What I read this year videos she mentioned a book that she bought and read under the impression that it was by Stephen King, when it was actually by a different author.

Reactions: 2
Roobee is back on Instagram gushing about her parents and how much she misses them. 'Absence is one of the greatest indicators of love.' I guess by that logic she doesn't give a **** about Martha?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I do remember that in one of her What I read this year videos she mentioned a book that she bought and read under the impression that it was by Stephen King, when it was actually by a different author.
Okay I found the video, it's her "I read 150 books in a year video" from early 2021 and the book in question is The Sickness by Stephen R. King

Side note, if this author's actual name is Stephen R. King, how lucky are they to be an author and share their name with a commercial giant like Stephen King? This must happen a lot that people buy this guy's books thinking they're by Stephen King lol

Reactions: 13
Roobee is back on Instagram gushing about her parents and how much she misses them. 'Absence is one of the greatest indicators of love.' I guess by that logic she doesn't give a **** about Martha?
Everyone: What about Martha?

Ruby:

• Haha
Okay I found the video, it's her "I read 150 books in a year video" from early 2021 and the book in question is The Sickness by Stephen R. King
There's another one before that where she's reading it in that bench swing thingy.

@Fastgirl154 I'll search for the video later but I have this:

1635078534183.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If absence is one of the greatest indicators of love the same way that, say, a wart on the nose is one of the greatest indicators that you’re dealing with a witch, then it’s the other way around and Martha is in fact the most beloved child. Yet again, Roobee misuses a word while trying to sound deep.

Reactions: 8
I just checked this post out. It's completely insane.

Again, there's absolutely nothing wrong with spending a lot of time with parents. If you're lucky enough to have a family you get along well with and enjoy spending a lot of time with, by all means, embrace the time you have with them and enjoy every moment of it. But, like any relationship, it's important to have a well-balanced life outside of them, for their sake and yours. Your entire existence can't be entirely dependent on one person forever. It's not healthy.

It's only been two weeks since she was on holiday with her parents. She's been sending them daily letters, calling them, texting them, video chatting, and now she's posting about them like she's posting as if she's been reunited with them after spending 18 months in a prison camp. She's almost obsessively dependent on the presence of her parents and it's absolutely not normal or good for her.

Also, "absence is the greatest indicator of love" is a completely backwards, mangled sentence - the wording she's used make it seem like the more someone is absent, the more they'll love you, when she hasn't been absent from her parents for any length of time. I think she meant to say "absence makes the heart grow fonder. Again, third year uni student and total bookworm, clearly.

Reactions: 34
I wonder if she still goes to therapy? I think she has more serious underlying issues that she needs to address. It’s one thing going home frequently, and another to be going home frequently, regressing to a child-like state, and other problematic things that Ruby does.

I’ve been a lurker for a while. I used to enjoy Ruby’s vlogs a few years ago when I was doing my A-Levels. One thing I’ve noticed about a few studytubers I admired is that they seem to have stagnated, especially after they’re finished with uni.

I can only imagine what she will be like post graduation.

Reactions: 14

Again, there's absolutely nothing wrong with spending a lot of time with parents. If you're lucky enough to have a family you get along well with and enjoy spending a lot of time with, by all means, embrace the time you have with them and enjoy every moment of it. But, like any relationship, it's important to have a well-balanced life outside of them, for their sake and yours. Your entire existence can't be entirely dependent on one person forever. It's not healthy.

It's only been two weeks since she was on holiday with her parents. She's been sending them daily letters, calling them, texting them, video chatting, and now she's posting about them like she's posting as if she's been reunited with them after spending 18 months in a prison camp. She's almost obsessively dependent on the presence of her parents and it's absolutely not normal or good for her.

Also, "absence is the greatest indicator of love" is a completely backwards, mangled sentence - the wording she's used make it seem like the more someone is absent, the more they'll love you, when she hasn't been absent from her parents for any length of time. I think she meant to say "absence makes the heart grow fonder. Again, third year uni student and total bookworm, clearly.
Daddy Bones' bob is really coming in nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

So that's what you get for over-indulging in your child the way Ruby's parents do. A self-obsessed, smug narcissist who believes the world revolves around her.

Reactions: 11
“Absence is the greatest indicator of love” = if they’re absent from your life, then they love you..that’s how it reads. I know what she’s trying to say, but to me that’s the completely wrong way to say it

Reactions: 21
So that's what you get for over-indulging in your child the way Ruby's parents do. A self-obsessed, smug narcissist who believes the world revolves around her.
Getting comments constantly that say things like “you are an exceptional human being, I’m not sure you realize how genuine and good you are” doesn’t help either. I cringe to think how far up her ass her head is.

Reactions: 18

Not the video in question, but this immediately reminded me of her "I Pretended to Read 7 Books in 1 Day" video, where she claimed to be reading Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and yet was constantly getting the name wrong.

"Oh, wait! It's not The Shank-shaw Redemption, it's Rita Hayworth and the Shank-shaw Redemption," she said, while literally looking at the cover which had the actual title on. It was as if she'd never even heard if it or properly looked at the title, let alone read any of the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.