Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This advert for the school that Ruby went too is so pretentious, the girls in it are like little Ruby clones. These fuckers are setting up franchises of Ruby's 😂
Dear Lord. Was this advert the inspiration for that video she did where she was just walking about looking like a serial killer for the first few minutes?

Does anyone know the one I mean, or is this just a nightmare I had?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Only 571 students across 14 years? Far cry from my state secondary with 1100 - surely those numbers are incredibly low? She must have driven her poor teachers up the wall if the classes were such small sizes, they wouldn't have been able to escape 😳

The whole school gives off a very coddled vibe, not one of those students would last in your typical state school where years have 150-200 kids. Even my (later) private secondary had 100+ per year. They have 40 (on average).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Only 571 students across 14 years? Far cry from my state secondary with 1100 - surely those numbers are incredibly low? She must have driven her poor teachers up the wall if the classes were such small sizes, they wouldn't have been able to escape 😳

The whole school gives off a very coddled vibe, not one of those students would last in your typical state school where years have 150-200 kids. Even my (later) private secondary had 100+ per year. They have 40 (on average).
They probably only have about 20 kids per class (if not less) - a friend of mine went to my local private school and he said his class sizes were around that (versus the 35+ in my state school classes).

This advert for the school that Ruby went too is so pretentious, the girls in it are like little Ruby clones. These fuckers are setting up franchises of Ruby's 😂
wow, we don't even have toilet papers in our school...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20211106-170426_Instagram.jpg

Ruby is branching with her 'favourite person'. Doesn't sound creepy at all. Also literally all she eats is sugary dessert type stuff and carrot porridge/plates of vegetables. You never see her eating actual proper meals.

Screenshot_20211106-170416_Instagram.jpg

This is clearly an independent bookshop that could benefit from a Ruby shout out given how many followers she has, but of course it's not Waterstones and there's no chance of sponsorship so she keeps it nice and vague. 'A cool bookshop.'

Screenshot_20211106-170436_Instagram.jpg

Nothing to see her, just rich Ruby accepting another gifted food package that would have been better donated to people who actually can't afford food. She's so grossly out of touch.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
View attachment 850409

Ruby is branching with her 'favourite person'. Doesn't sound creepy at all. Also literally all she eats is sugary dessert type stuff and carrot porridge/plates of vegetables. You never see her eating actual proper meals.

View attachment 850411

This is clearly an independent bookshop that could benefit from a Ruby shout out given how many followers she has, but of course it's not Waterstones and there's no chance of sponsorship so she keeps it nice and vague. 'A cool bookshop.'

View attachment 850413

Nothing to see her, just rich Ruby accepting another gifted food package that would have been better donated to people who actually need to eat. She's so grossly out of touch.
See it’s a common phrase round here for like best friend or often used for partner/boyfriend/girlfriend so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were actually together 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
They probably only have about 20 kids per class (if not less) - a friend of mine went to my local private school and he said his class sizes were around that (versus the 35+ in my state school classes).
I remember that when did my A-Levels my class went to London to see a history lecture. My teacher got talking to a member of staff from an independent school and was utterly gobsmacked when the teacher revealed that she had just four students in her A-Level history class - we had twenty. It’s a very different world.

Reactions: 11
Charcoal latte? ffs. Charcoal is seriously my least favourite health/weight loss fad, all it does is bind up micronutrients and you can do yourself some serious bleeping damage in the long run. But of course our Roobee doesn’t care, she’s just looking to be frail and sickly so mummy can take care of her and she won’t ever have to think about nasty proletarian things like jobs and independence.

hey Roobee, I hear scurvy is all the rage this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I remember that when did my A-Levels my class went to London to see a history lecture. My teacher got talking to a member of staff from an independent school and was utterly gobsmacked when the teacher revealed that she had just four students in her A-Level history class - we had twenty. It’s a very different world.
In high school my class started out in our first year with 15 people and we ended in fifth year with 12 people. My school was a state school, the reason there were so few of us in my class (there were about 150 people in the whole year) has to do with how high school works in Italy which is a little hard to explain and I don't want to go off topic. Anyway being such a small group of students was absolutely fantastic for socialization. We were a very tight-knit group, we were all friends, there was never any drama, nobody was left out or marginalized, and teachers loved dealing with such a small number of students.
However I think that being used to this kind of experience all throughout your education and never experiencing anything different can definitely foster the "only-child syndrome" that Ruby seems to suffer from. Must have been a huge shock for her when she got to university and she had to share lecturers' attention with dozens of other students who are just as bright and ambitious as her.

Reactions: 9
Am I allowed to say this....?
"my favourite person": this is what you say when referring to the person you're sleeping with, right?

Reactions: 17
Am I allowed to say this....?
"my favourite person": this is what you say when referring to the person you're sleeping with, right?
I feel like you’re referring to a grownup thing here, and that’s not allowed in Roobeeland. What’s next, drinking and drugs?!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Charcoal latte? ffs. Charcoal is seriously my least favourite health/weight loss fad, all it does is bind up micronutrients and you can do yourself some serious bleeping damage in the long run. But of course our Roobee doesn’t care, she’s just looking to be frail and sickly so mummy can take care of her and she won’t ever have to think about nasty proletarian things like jobs and independence.

hey Roobee, I hear scurvy is all the rage this year!
It also decreases the absorption of oral medications, meaning you don’t get the dose you’re supposed to be getting. I don’t know why anyone would want to drink a charcoal latte anyways, sounds vile!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Ruby Granger #19: Seen uni, been #grateful, now can I go home forever?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I've always thought it was strange she was so desperate to go back to school given she was bullied there so won't have the best memories
It's because she wasn’t bullied.

None of her stories about being bullied add up at all. If you're bullied, you don’t completely forget about if and only realise you were bullied years later.

From everything she's said, the extent of her bullying actually amounted to people not wanting to hang out with her (big shocker considering she was a conceited, spoiled little tit who actively insulted and demeaned anyone who did normal kid things like watch TV).

She convinced herself that her being unpopular was the result of bullying years after the fact to make herself the victim and give herself an excuse for not having friends at school that wasn’t her fault. She thinks it gets her lots of sympathy and suits her "gifted, but relatable" bookworm persona that she’s crafted.

The Erimentha thing is the biggest indicator that she was the biggest bully at that place. Ruby has no clue that constantly shitting all over her classmates with snide remarks and unwarranted judgmental comments didn’t make her the hero of the story. And when it comes to her depictions of what she thinks actual bullying is, it's wildly unbelievable tit that clearly never happened.

Massive subject change: I did not expect Rubes to read clickforTaz's poetry. Do we think it was gifted or that she's trying to see whether there are any other YTers out there whose style she can copy now that she might be bailing out of acadAYmia?
It's flagged as gifted, which makes sense. It's definitely up Ruby’s alley though.

Taz is cut from the same cloth as Ruby, she's just much better at appearing relatable. Both put out an endless stream of recycled content. Both milk money and publicity from charities while avoiding giving back. Both have fake, crafted personas intended to draw an audience and make them appear relatable. Taz is just much more successful at being fake and creatively bankrupt.

The book is incredibly short, full of tiny individual poems so it can be read in multiple sessions, and we know Ruby loves a flimsy, insubstantial book. It's also full of terrible, pretentious, meaningless poetry that feels ripped from motivational "mindfullness" Intagram posts, so Ruby will love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Ruby Granger #19: Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I just watched her last video. Well the Q&A part, because I really don't care about her making videos about stuff as if she was trying to give tips to her followers when it's really her trying to feel good about not enjoying university because she puts too much stress on herself and doesn't eat. And I'm procrastinating homeworks so I'm gonna answer her answers.

1-How do you go to parties as an introvert
-I don't go to parties
Hot take, being introverted/extroverted doesn't exist. I'm gonna link an article about it and not explain it here but it's something I've been thinking about for a while now. I'm autistic, I have issues with some smells and sounds and flashing lights and people in general. And I've stopped myself from going to parties for so long because of it. I just started going out recently, and I really, really, like it. Yes, some events are not enjoyable. And maybe you will never like parties, no matter what kind of party, but why would you make the "executive decision" to never go to one?
Also, she associates parties with being an introvert, wich doesn't make any sense. Because she goes to social events that are not "parties". There is ways to go to "parties" and only talk to your friends.
"I'm an introvert haha in parties I will talk to the dog and read books while everyone is getting drunk and having sex, I am so smart" shut the duck up Rebecca this is why no one likes you.
Socializing is important, there are so many studies proving health benefits of social contact. There are ways to go out and enjoy it, even if you are not a loud person that talks easily to people.
Take it from someone who can be either extreme of the intro/extro-vert scale depending on the situation. If I'm confortable and with people I know/have stuff in common with, I can be the life of the party. But if I don't feel confortable, I'm gonna try to exist as little as possible.
I know her point is that it's ok to not go to parties, with the social pressure to do so, but she's missing nuance.
She's saying she went to one, and knows she doesn't like it so she doesn't go. That means she has an american movie view of what a party is. The number of time I didn't want to go to a social event and forced myself, to actually really enjoy it. And I'm not saying you should force yourself, or that you absolutely have to find parties you like. But it doesn't hurt to try, find people that you have affinities with and that respect your boundaries, find events where you can leave anytime you want to, and "parties" are gonna be a lot less scary and a lot more fun, I promise.

2-How do you know when it's good to "give in" to recharging and when to push yourself more socially
-Basically the same messy answer, you should go out of your confort zone but also don't do it but also it's good because you'll find friends this way but also you don't have to
She clairly doesn't know what she's talking about. This is my opinion, but I don't think you should ever have to go out of your confort zone. There's a big difference between making an effort and going out of your confort zone.
I don't talk to people, I never take the first step. It's not my confort zone, it's something I don't like to do, gives me anxiety. Me going up to people and engaging in conversation would be an effort. I'm probably gonna make more friends if I start doing it more, effort=reward. It's a good thing.
I don't have conversations I don't enjoy. Me having a conversation with someone racist would be out of my confort zone, only to not seem "rude". There's no reward, I'm never gonna feel good about it. Will it happen throught my life? Yes, probably, and I'm never gonna get more confortable doing it if I force myself to do it. I don't want to practice so I feel good talking to people with fucked up system beliefs. I wanna have as little of these interactions as I can.
Pushing yourself to go talk to people when you don't want any more friends is going out of your confort zone. You don't have to do it.

3-How do you make friends when you're anxious to talk to other?
-Talk to people in your seminar groups
I don't think she knows what being like-minded means? My degree has a business profile, and I'm in the sustainable development profile. There are so many people that are unlike-minded to me in my program. I would say she's not wrong, but interests (especially as we get into adulthood) in common is far from being synonymous to "like-minded". Views about the world are really what unites good friends (in my opinion). She talks like she would be friend with anyone that likes poetry and tea, I mean, I love cartoons, but I don't mind if my friends don't like cartoons. We have other stuff to talk about. But if they were right wingers and looooved cartoons, my god, I would have a hard time. Maybe this is nitpicky but it's important know that being in the same program as someone absolutely doesn't mean you are compatible as friends.

4-Did you ever feel shame about going home so much?
-Yes
This point has been adressed a lot here, so I'm not gonna talk much about it, but "normalizing homesickness"... Ruby, homesickness is already something people find normal. Your weird relationship with your parents and the clear way you like to go home that much because becoming an adult an growing up give you mad anxiety is the weird thing. I stand by this, if you feel the need to live with your parents (not being near them, but live in the same house, I think wanting to see them and live close to them is completely normal) and be under their authority when you're past 21 years old and could physically/fiscally be 100% autonomous if you wanted to, you need to adress it and talk to a therapist about it because you're setting yourself up for major issues in the future.
She's also quoting John Stuart Mill wrong. Liberty is about free will from society yes, but if people want you to stop doing something that's armful for your mental health, it's not societal pressure.
That's where I draw the line between "making an effort" (forcing yourself to do something you don't like so you can make friends, get a job, tit like that) and "going out of your confort zone" (forcing yourself to do something you don't like because it's the socially acceptable thing to do).

5-I never go out with friends to party. Should I change that in university?
-No
The fact that probably no one asked her this question aside, we are now at a third reformulation of this exact same question, and since the answer is really obivous, I'm not going to adress it.

6-Omg Ruby shut up with your non-existent problems. Find a better therapist. Idk.

"we live in an extroverted society, unfortunately, which privileges and sees socializing as the best form of self-care, when actually for many people can be very draining and... it's ok to find it draining". u the best♥

This was the second top comment. It's painful. I can't emphasize that enough, it is very important for your mental health to see people. Find social interactions that you like and enjoy. If you find socializing draining, it's because your social circle doesn't respect your boundaries, or you're overdoing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
she posted the pic of the pancake place on her vegan ig with #supportsmallbusinesses I can't imagine living my life with that much cognitive dissonance

Reactions: 13
Ruby has no clue that constantly shitting all over her classmates with snide remarks and unwarranted judgmental comments didn’t make her the hero of the story.
...to the extent that she even said Erimentha's flaw was not realizing how jealous she makes people...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.