Ruby Granger #17 Back to Exeter she goes, how long will she stay? nobody knows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @MGB01 for the title! Roobee is indeed back at Exeter, has so far been home once before term even started, and continues promoting stupidity in all she does, most recently the shopping app Karma, through which she is able to buy expensive tit at a 5% discount while the rest of us can obtain the same goods 20% cheaper just by using our brains a little.

But this is just the tip of the inanity iceberg, go grab a never-washed cup of tea and settle in for cosy automonal times with everyone’s favourite Roobster!

Reactions: 30
Just copying my post from the older thread.
Anyone has an idea on whether she really reads all the 8 books during her readathon? I mean is it physically possible?
im new here, sorry if this has been discussed already

Reactions: 1
Anyone has an idea on whether she really reads all the 8 books during her readathon? I mean is it physically possible?
She isn’t reading eight massive books - when she does her readathons she might read eight separate things but some are children’s books (sorry, middle-grade fiction), and she counts things like short stories or a novella as ‘books’. So if you‘re counting like that then reading eight relatively short things in a day is entirely possible, especially if you can focus on that exclusively and you have nothing else to do.

Reactions: 21
Physically possible? Sure.

Did she do it? Absolutely not. She used tricks and lies.

She picked incredibly short books. Anyone can read several books a day if they're 20 page picture books for kids or short stories.

She also didn't finish most of them. When she says she "read" a book, she usually means she read some of it, not the whole thing.

She also often lies about having read books and has openly admitted to skimming through massive sections and entire subplots of the books she reads before, so when she claims to have finished a book, always be dubious.

She barely reads, she just lies because she likes the fake praise she gets for her false accomplishments.

Reactions: 22
Rooble doodle doo trying to say fin-de-siècle is something I didn't know I needed til today. Moving to start my PhD (ironically in the fin-de-siècle) so playing her videos on random might help the last minute panic packing go faster.

Reactions: 19
Rooble doodle doo trying to say fin-de-siècle is something I didn't know I needed til today. Moving to start my PhD (ironically in the fin-de-siècle) so playing her videos on random might help the last minute panic packing go faster.
Good luck with your Phd! :)

Reactions: 9
She isn’t reading eight massive books - when she does her readathons she might read eight separate things but some are children’s books (sorry, middle-grade fiction), and she counts things like short stories or a novella as ‘books’. So if you‘re counting like that then reading eight relatively short things in a day is entirely possible, especially if you can focus on that exclusively and you have nothing else to do.
Damn I was feeling so bad for myself while seeing her reading so much 😀 like I was literally 100% sure she was really reading it all. But then I was like „wait a second, it’s Internet, there must be something“ and yeah, here we are.

Physically possible? Sure.

Did she do it? Absolutely not. She used tricks and lies.

She picked incredibly short books. Anyone can read several books a day if they're 20 page picture books for kids or short stories.

She also didn't finish most of them. When she says she "read" a book, she usually means she read some of it, not the whole thing.

She also often lies about having read books and has openly admitted to skimming through massive sections and entire subplots of the books she reads before, so when she claims to have finished a book, always be dubious.

She barely reads, she just lies because she likes the fake praise she gets for her false accomplishments.
Thanks for revealing the dirty truth! Totally feel relieved after that.
What about the other YouTubers and their readathons?
i am once again sorry, I’m completely new to the topic as you can see.
Also sorry for any mistakes, as English is not my first language.

Reactions: 10
Omg how did she say fin-de-siècle

make my day as a uni student studying professional French 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She says "Oh I don't want to vlog the wedding, I just want to enjoy being there" - it's not really your decision though is it Ruby? I don't think your family/cousin/whoever's there would want an amateur attempting to record the wedding anyway, even if you wanted to.

Also Ruby looks so annoyed that her parents didn't arrive when they said they would - she couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She says "Oh I don't want to vlog the wedding, I just want to enjoy being there" - it's not really your decision though is it Ruby? I don't think your family/cousin/whoever's there would want an amateur attempting to record the wedding anyway, even if you wanted to.

Also Ruby looks so annoyed that her parents didn't arrive when they said they would - she couldn't wait to get out of there.
She looked incredibly anxious in that clip of her waiting for her parents to arrive. Like girl relax they did not abandon you

• Haha
Her Depop says she'll be shipping items again October 20th, so looks like she's already planning on being back home then. Mid-week, part-way through term, the same week she bailed on living in Exeter altogether last year... She's absolutely gonna bail again.

She looked incredibly anxious in that clip of her waiting for her parents to arrive. Like girl relax they did not abandon you
She's also stood staring out the window anxiously waiting for them to arrive like a pet dog with separation anxiety because they're two whole minutes late, then mentions that she hasn't even packed her bag or done her washing up yet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
She looked incredibly anxious in that clip of her waiting for her parents to arrive.
Whenever she says "they're running a little behind" or "it's annoying" I get scared girl is MAD -especially if she is grimace-smiling as she says it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Whenever she says "they're running a little behind" or "it's annoying" I get scared girl is MAD -especially if she is grimace-smiling as she says it
It's always very passive-aggressive and always someone else's fault, like the rest of the planet didn't get the memo that the earth revolves around her.

Ruby's insistence on awkward scheduling forces her parents to drive countless miles to drop her off, then have to drive all the way home, then all the way back again to drop her off.

Ruby's parents want to enjoy their camping trip a little longer. Ruby gets annoyed that they're "late" even though there's zero need for them to be there yet as Ruby's clearly not ready.

Her parents should just dump her at the side of the road and make her hitchhike. Cut the cord already!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She's also stood staring out the window anxiously waiting for them to arrive like a pet dog with separation anxiety because they're two whole minutes late, then mentions that she hasn't even packed her bag or done her washing up yet.
This is too embarrassing 😭

Reactions: 8
Her Depop says she'll be shipping items again October 20th, so looks like she's already planning on being back home then. Mid-week, part-way through term, the same week she bailed on living in Exeter altogether last year... She's absolutely gonna bail again.
She's never going to leave home for good, is she? I remember when I moved 5 hours away to do my MA, I was devastated to return to living at my parents' house again when my tenancy ran out (my MA finished 3 weeks after my tenancy did) and lose my independence. I can't imagine Ruby ever feeling that independent.

It's always very passive-aggressive and always someone else's fault, like the rest of the planet didn't get the memo that the earth revolves around her.

Ruby's insistence on awkward scheduling forces her parents to drive countless miles to drop her off, then have to drive all the way home, then all the way back again to drop her off.

Ruby's parents want to enjoy their camping trip a little longer. Ruby gets annoyed that they're "late" even though there's zero need for them to be there yet as Ruby's clearly not ready.

Her parents should just dump her at the side of the road and make her hitchhike. Cut the cord already!
Did her parents even want to go camping or did she throw a tantrum about having to travel by herself to Exeter and forced them to accompany her there?

Reactions: 8
Did her parents even want to go camping or did she throw a tantrum about having to travel by herself to Exeter and forced them to accompany her there?
Given that most of her stuff was already at her uni house, she really didn't need to be taken there. She could have taken the train by herself pretty easily.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.