Ruby Granger #16 Rooberoy Lockhart, author of ”Erimenthal Me”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, there are many aspects of Ruby that make me cringe, but nothing makes me cringe quite as hard as this stupid holding-up-one-leg-pose that she likes to do so much 🙄 It's not even quirky or endearing, it just looks dumb! Instead of her limbs, maybe she should try holding up some accountability for all the ways in which she keeps disappointing her clueless fans.
I do always find myself wondering if she’s trodden in something, as that’s the only time I’ve ever done that pose.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm getting ready to pack for a weekend away
Am I doing it wrong as I've got our suitcases out am I suppose to go get three trunks with different levels of mould on them.
remember your candles and quills, weekend away essentials

• Haha
Reactions: 11
remember your candles and quills, weekend away essentials
Ffs anyone want a small human for the weekend he isn't going to fit in the car at this rate
There will be a typewriter in his car seat

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ffs anyone want a small human for the weekend he isn't going to fit in the car at this rate
See this as an opportunity to teach him about how to type to do lists.

Erimenthol probably learned to type lists of things to do on a vintage typewriter at 6 months old.

• Haha
I do always find myself wondering if she’s trodden in something, as that’s the only time I’ve ever done that pose.
It's another thing she learned from other people, but doesn't have the basic brainpower to realise why those people do it.

It's a daft pose people do in outfit of the day posts, but usually when they don't have enough room on camera to show their shoes, so they do that to get them in frame. Ruby, however, does it only when you can already see her feet on camera and there's about 5 feet of real estate in the frame above and below her head.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Put him in one of the trunks, maybe the one you're taking the complete vintage antique ceremonial tea set in, that way he can cushion it if you have to break suddenly too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Put him in one of the trunks, maybe the one you're taking the complete vintage antique ceremonial tea set in, that way he can cushion it if you have to break suddenly too.
Excellent idea the million dinosaur teddies that apparently need to come on holiday can go in there aswell

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
  • Why buy a cheap pack of 20 bic pens when you can go out and spend £50 on an antique pen and ink?
Even worse, she advises that you buy many of both, for maximum waste of money and resources. Then use a laptop or iPad anyway.

Speaking of, she's back to advertising that photo-to-text book quote app again, after spending multiple videos encouraging people to use note flags or scribble directly on their books and making zero mention of this app at all. She really is incapable of keeping any of her bullshit straight.

Reactions: 10
Erimenthol probably learned to type lists of things to do on a vintage typewriter at 6 months old.
absolutely correct. Are you really a good student without making a to-do list for you to check off what you want to go on your main to-do list?

Reactions: 4
Even worse, she advises that you buy many of both, for maximum waste of money and resources. Then use a laptop or iPad anyway.

Speaking of, she's back to advertising that photo-to-text book quote app again, after spending multiple videos encouraging people to use note flags or scribble directly on their books and making zero mention of this app at all. She really is incapable of keeping any of her bullshit straight.
I mean 1 Parker fountain or even refillable hotter ballpoint is a good alternative to single use BICS. I used 1 lamy pen throughout A-level and Uni (no one brought their laptops to lectures 12 years ago unless they had a learning need which meant it was easier- too big and heavy they were!)

Reactions: 7
What does that look like? Gotta see that...

Also, when did her obsession with the Victorians begin? I stopped watching regularly about a year(?) ago (after that "ad" she did with Google, which was basically an entire video about some Google feature), but have started watching again after finding this forum (which is amazing and has provided me with a load of laughs -- thanks all!).
I'd say that it started when her obsession with Hermione Granger started to fade. She needed another aesthetic now that Harry Potter was a bit too old ( I don't say that it's still not a thing, I'm still a fan of that universe myself, but it's not as trendy as years earlier and people seem to prefer the older version of the characters rather than the kids from the start ) and that she couldn't do her Hermione Granger impersonations at uni. And it's around the same time that she became obsessed with Miss Patina as well.

Not related at all, but I remember that in her videos from years earlier, she mentioned several times that she had a best friend called Ruby as well, she even made a whole video to defend her against some bullies, are they still friend ? I heard her speaking about best friends after but it wasn't her.

Reactions: 18
I mean 1 Parker fountain or even refillable hotter ballpoint is a good alternative to single use BICS. I used 1 lamy pen throughout A-level and Uni (no one brought their laptops to lectures 12 years ago unless they had a learning need which meant it was easier- too big and heavy they were!)
Oh, absolutely. But Ruby doesn't adopt reusable tools and practices to replace wasteful ones. She uses them in addition to them for the worst of both worlds.

For writing, she uses laptops, iPads/Apple Pencils, fountain pens, a metric shitload of disposable pens and stationery, and now a typewriter apparently.

It's the same with her academics, where she apparently uses Notion, calendars, all manner of crappyy apps, numerous paper planners (yearly and academic), paper notebooks, etc., all of which serve the exact same purpose.

She's just an unquantifiable moron. Anyone with common sense would have streamlined all of the tit she does by now to save herself time and a mountain of waste, but to her, productivity is multitasking, and multitasking is doing the same task multiple times in different mediums.

I'd say that it started when her obsession with Hermione Granger started to fade. She needed another aesthetic now that Harry Potter was a bit too old ( I don't say that it's still not a thing, I'm still a fan of that universe myself, but it's not as trendy as years earlier and people seem to prefer the older version of the characters rather than the kids from the start ) and that she couldn't do her Hermione Granger impersonations at uni. And it's around the same time that she became obsessed with Miss Patina as well.

Not related at all, but I remember that in her videos from years earlier, she mentioned several times that she had a best friend called Ruby as well, she even made a whole video to defend her against some bullies, are they still friend ? I heard her speaking about best friends after but it wasn't her.
She also went super heavy on the Victorian stuff once one of her Victorian routine videos attracted over a million views, and she subsequently ran the subject into the ground as fast as possible by making the same Victorian-themed videos over and over, so she never attracted that kind of audience again.

It was just after this that she was all over Instagram asking her fans what they think her "aesthetic" should be and what content she should make - she clearly has no idea herself, and can't just make interesting, original content because she has no creative drive or talent. She just imitates other aesthetic fads, occasionally gets lucky with YouTube's algorithm and then makes the same video over and over.

She's doing it again now, after her first back to school video got a lot of views, she's made essentially the same crappy mess of a video twice more in a week, but again, she's failing to replicate those high views because people don't want to see the same thing they just watched.

Last edited:
  • Why buy a brand new suitcase on wheels, when you can have a mouldy old trunk which isn't fit for purpose and can't be easily transported further than being dragged a few inches across the *cough* dusty *cough* floor?
It fascinates me that she is so messy in terms of cleaning. I would have thought that she would be the person to clean obsessively since she cant seem to relax for a second.

Reactions: 15
Oh, absolutely. But Ruby doesn't adopt reusable tools and practices to replace wasteful ones. She uses them in addition to them for the worst of both worlds.

For writing, she uses laptops, iPads/Apple Pencils, fountain pens, a metric shitload of disposable pens and stationery, and now a typewriter apparently.

It's the same with her academics, where she apparently uses Notion, calendars, all manner of crappyy apps, numerous paper planners (yearly and academic), paper notebooks, etc., all of which serve the exact same purpose.

She's just an unquantifiable moron. Anyone with common sense would have streamlined all of the tit she does by now to save herself time and a mountain of waste, but to her, productivity is multitasking, and multitasking is doing the same task multiple times in different mediums.

She also went super heavy on the Victorian stuff once one of her Victorian routine videos attracted over a million views, and she subsequently ran the subject into the ground as fast as possible by making the same Victorian-themed videos over and over, so she never attracted that kind of audience again.

It was just after this that she was all over Instagram asking her fans what they think her "aesthetic" should be and what content she should make - she clearly has no idea herself, and can't just make interesting, original content because she has no creative drive or talent. She just imitates other aesthetic fads, occasionally gets lucky with YouTube's algorithm and then makes the same video over and over.

She's doing it again now, after her first back to school video got a lot of views, she's made essentially the same crappy mess of a video twice more in a week, but again, she's failing to replicate those high views because people don't want to see the same thing they just watched.
I'm not following her on Insta so I only saw the videos but it's not surprising coming from her who seem to not have that much inspiration by herself. I really miss the period where she made a simple autumnal morning routine, it seemed more authentic. Now she's just surfing on various weird trends to make views.

Reactions: 3
it's just so funny because it doesn't align with her simple living ideal lol

Reactions: 4
I put mouldy trunk on while I cook lunch, and holy tit she actually says ”the man of the letters” and seems to think it means a man who wrote a lot of letters 😂😂😂

Reactions: 7
it's just so funny because it doesn't align with her simple living ideal lol
She just hears other YouTubers and influencers say things like "slow living" and "sustainability" and parrots the words without any action. There's zero common sense, initiative or self-awareness. It's just monkey see, monkey do, monkey fling tit at people in the form of shoddily made videos.

Reactions: 8
Rooberoy (I love love love the title!) is currently listening to a spoti playlist called "reading the song of achilles"...
Maybe she loved it, after all the fuss.

Reactions: 1
Does Ruby have a Spotify account? I’m so nosy about what type of music she’d listen to

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.