Ruby Granger #16 Rooberoy Lockhart, author of ”Erimenthal Me”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the cover of the Baudelaire book in her insta stories🤣 isn't that a bit too mature for lil young Roobee?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel for the book club admins.
View attachment 737912
I do and I don't. It can't be easy for them to be following the lead of someone who is clearly terrible at leading.

That said, at this stage they could have put a plan place for how to proceed when Roobee decides she can't be bothered to reply to them. It's as easy as messaging her explaining that if she's not replied by X date before the start of each month, then they/ the community will choose a book by poll/ other method. They can phrase it in a way that panders to her ego, and even suggest to her that she be the one to make the group announcement instead of them so she can pretend that she thought of this first. As she's going into final year, she has a good reason to say she's busy too!

Mods not being proactive in explaining to members what's going on, and then dismissing the frustrations of members who have tried to be proactive and organise something is punishing community-minded behaviour. The final kicker of, "[p]lease be kind to us" when a proactive person has tagged them in an ongoing conversation about poor organisation is Roobee level avoidance of the topic, and victimhood mentality.

Reactions: 35
I do and I don't. It can't be easy for them to be following the lead of someone who is clearly terrible at leading.

That said, at this stage they could have put a plan place for how to proceed when Roobee decides she can't be bothered to reply to them. It's as easy as messaging her explaining that if she's not replied by X date before the start of each month, then they/ the community will choose a book by poll/ other method. They can phrase it in a way that panders to her ego, and even suggest to her that she be the one to make the group announcement instead of them so she can pretend that she thought of this first. As she's going into final year, she has a good reason to say she's busy too!

Mods not being proactive in explaining to members what's going on, and then dismissing the frustrations of members who have tried to be proactive and organise something is punishing community-minded behaviour. The final kicker of, "[p]lease be kind to us" when a proactive person has tagged them in an ongoing conversation about poor organisation is Roobee level avoidance of the topic, and victimhood mentality.
Well, now that you put it that way, I don’t either 😂 Maybe just in the sense that they’ve clearly bitten off more than they can chew and now have no gracious way of backing out. Roobee’s little leghumpers will cry out at the least indication something is done without Roobee’s express approval.

• Haha
Maybe just in the sense that they’ve clearly bitten off more than they can chew and now have no gracious way of backing out.
^ Phrased like that, I do feel sorry for them in that way too 🤣

Also knowing Ruby, if they did show even a spark of initiative she'd probably ban them and claim that they were trying to stage a coup or something. Damned if you, damned if you don't and all that.

Reactions: 6
her isnta caption made me laugh did she just say her grandad's 75th birthday meal with the family was fun but not particularly special. She's all heart

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just caught Ruby's latest masterpiece on YT, and I've suddenly realised what bothers me so much about her Victorian 'series'.

Unlike other YouTubers or TV historians, who present how historical events influenced (aka. forced) a Victorian's way of living in that particular time period, Ruby presents a middle class Victorian way of living as though it's a valid contemporary life choice.
  • Why buy a cheap pack of 20 bic pens when you can go out and spend £50 on an antique pen and ink?
  • Why make a nutritious meal with the wide variety of foods available nowadays, when you can eat gruel watery pea soup that takes hours to boil up?
  • Why dress in contemporary clothing which keeps you warm/cool, can be washed easily etc., when you can buy a never-ironed linen dress from Etsy made bespoke to your size for £100+ which is barely enough to keep you warm in summer?
  • Why buy a brand new suitcase on wheels, when you can have a mouldy old trunk which isn't fit for purpose and can't be easily transported further than being dragged a few inches across the *cough* dusty *cough* floor?
Not only do all these things rely on you being able to splash the cash, but they reject clearly more functional and logical choices in order to make life harder than it needs to be. I'd like Ruby to go for 3 days without using her phone (i.e. Instagram), her Apple laptop, or her iPad and she how she does. Without an outlet to share her aEsThEtIc (ew) life, and without the validation of others saying how enviable her lifestyle is, does it have value then?

Reactions: 34
^ Phrased like that, I do feel sorry for them in that way too 🤣

Also knowing Ruby, if they did show even a spark of initiative she'd probably ban them and claim that they were trying to stage a coup or something. Damned if you, damned if you don't and all that.
They should finally call the witch out. It must be a bunch of stupid naive kids if they find excuses for busy bee Roobee all the time despite her not giving a duck. Everyone is busy, not only Ruby. More probably most people is much more busy than Ruby who has time jumping around in the fields and change her outfit 20 times a day. I don’t feel bad for them, she wasn’t giving a duck since a loooong time and they should have dome respect for their time and stop giving a duck too.

They should finally call the witch out. It must be a bunch of stupid naive kids if they find excuses for busy bee Roobee all the time despite her not giving a duck. Everyone is busy, not only Ruby. More probably most people is much more busy than Ruby who has time jumping around in the fields and change her outfit 20 times a day. I don’t feel bad for them, she wasn’t giving a duck since a loooong time and they should have dome respect for their time and stop giving a duck too.
Yeah I mean, it’s literally the summer and it’s not like she has a 9-5 job to attend 😭 it’s a bit awful of her to make out like doesn’t have time to pop onto the book club for literally half an hour a week and help the admins.

Reactions: 19
The outfit is bleeping dreadful imo, she just has zero style or taste whatsoever. The only time she looks half decent is when she’s copied an outfit from molly or blakney lmao
I’m no fashionista by any means but I think sometimes (not often) she wears outfits that could be decent if she knew how to wear them. A couple of weeks ago she put on white trousers and a pale green sweater, which would’ve been a good match if she wore clothes her size. I could totally imagine someone pulling off a long black dress + red jacket (and even the socks and shoes) if they had the right accessories, or makeup or just the right attitude, but Ruby just… doesn’t 😅

Reactions: 15
I’m no fashionista by any means but I think sometimes (not often) she wears outfits that could be decent if she knew how to wear them. A couple of weeks ago she put on white trousers and a pale green sweater, which would’ve been a good match if she wore clothes her size. I could totally imagine someone pulling off a long black dress + red jacket (and even the socks and shoes) if they had the right accessories, or makeup or just the right attitude, but Ruby just… doesn’t 😅
Yeah this is exactly what I meant. It's a little bit closer to what you might see a 21-year-old student wear in 2021. At least she's not wearing a bleeping bonnet.
Her ootd pose holding her foot up never fails to make me cringe. She literally looks like a little kid.

Reactions: 13
Honestly, there are many aspects of Ruby that make me cringe, but nothing makes me cringe quite as hard as this stupid holding-up-one-leg-pose that she likes to do so much 🙄 It's not even quirky or endearing, it just looks dumb! Instead of her limbs, maybe she should try holding up some accountability for all the ways in which she keeps disappointing her clueless fans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Honestly, there are many aspects of Ruby that make me cringe, but nothing makes me cringe quite as hard as this stupid holding-up-one-leg-pose that she likes to do so much 🙄 It's not even quirky or endearing, it just looks dumb! Instead of her limbs, maybe she should try holding up some accountability for all the ways in which she keeps disappointing her clueless fans.
petition to comment "is your leg alright" anytime she does it /s

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It's no different than her silly Matilda pose. She does look like a little kid lmao

Reactions: 2
It's no different than her silly Matilda pose. She does look like a little kid lmao
Imagine being 21 and still outsourcing all of your dominant personality traits directly from children's lit without any genuine reflection whatsoever. It's great to be inspired by what you genuinely love but even in the most extreme of cases it usually comes with a healthy side of self-awareness...

Reactions: 19
I still don't like this outfit and would never wear this but at least here she could pass as a 21-year-old
i mean she looks like Emily Gilmore going to a a DAR meeting…. So at least like an **adult** I guess?

or a London Guard 💂‍♀️ Lolol

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Ah so that's how you make friends at uni you go upto them and start talking in Victorian slang

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What does that look like? Gotta see that...

Also, when did her obsession with the Victorians begin? I stopped watching regularly about a year(?) ago (after that "ad" she did with Google, which was basically an entire video about some Google feature), but have started watching again after finding this forum (which is amazing and has provided me with a load of laughs -- thanks all!).

Reactions: 4
I'm getting ready to pack for a weekend away
Am I doing it wrong as I've got our suitcases out am I suppose to go get three trunks with different levels of mould on them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.