Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Her meal... can't be more 300 calories by my estimation. Tomatoes (20 cals), hummous (80 cals?), bread (100 cals), falafel balls (100 cals maybe?), idk what the rest is but mainly looks like veggies. She's so irresponsible.
Please please let's not count calories here 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 75

lizzie2707

Go to a college or university. There we have loads of people her age. How many people are doing cartwheels and walkovers outside on the quad? Zero. Nilch. You will find them walking to classes or sitting with other students having intellectual conversations, chilling out, going to the library, reading their mail, doing homework, studying. Now, if she were on scholarship or on the university gymnastic team, she would be flipping in the gym, with her fellow teammates. But she isn't. She is in her backyard playing like a little girl. And, for some bizarre reason, feels the need to share it with the world via social media, probably thinking she is really good so let's brag about it. If she is so good, why isn't she on the team. Whatever happened to being in the trampoline group she joined in first year? Did she find out everyone else was better than her so left? I chose to stop doing gymnastics beyond 17, in spite of having been on my High School team. I was ready to move on to more adult themed pursuits, like running after classes with fellow students, skiing and playing tennis with fellow co-workers on weekends. I was not unhappy moving on, it is part of life. It is growing up and finding new exciting things to do and not have some desperate need to look back into the past with regret of aging or feeling as though you are leaving your best years behind. When it comes to growing up, Ruby is pretty famous for putting on the breaks! Life is good and full of opportunities. Embrace it. If you spend all your time looking back, the present will pass you by before you even dipped your toes in it. You can't get it back.
lmao what the fuck kinda uni did you go to?? Fair enough if you find her gymnastics cringe (though I'm on the side of, if you enjoy something who cares, do it anyway), but this is just a wildly inaccurate portrayal of university. Skiing and tennis on weekends? You went to uni and immediately became 30 and middle class?? Admittedly Ruby is probably from the kind of family that does go skiing, but honestly in the UK it's a hobby that most students certainly can't afford to do. And seriously, you will not find students "walking to classes or sitting with other students having intellectual conversations, chilling out, going to the library, reading their mail, doing homework, studying" constantly. Reading their mail??? I got hardly any post during my degree, what the fuck? In the UK you're more likely to find them in the fucking pub. Intellectual conversations?? Sometimes sure, but not round every corner. This reads like the kind of student experience Ruby was hoping for, before arriving and realising it's actually a bunch of teenagers finally living away from home, drinking and shagging as much as possible. That's not the universal student experience, of course, but it's pretty standard in the UK. I agree that Ruby obviously has issues around growing up, and doing gymnastics may be a sign of them, but one of my flatmates (age 20) still does gymnastics regularly just because it's fun. She doesn't compete, but it's a great way of keeping your body healthy (obvs not combined with an ED), and she really enjoys doing it. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Saskia69

Chatty Member
Can't wait to receive it with my *dead fly included* fingers crossed

Not sings of binge eating, but of rapid weight gain (face and legs). I'm guessing the binging goes on behind the scenes lol
i am not wanting to “police” what people say - I know that’s a red flag on here and I was already sanctioned on the SJ thread for questioning someone’s comments on bulimia. But as someone who is recovered from anorexia, and knows that many people who follow this thread also struggle with an ED, I do think we need to be careful.

I find saying “lol” in relation to an eating disorder really quite troubling. I also want to make a quick interjection on the term“bingeing” in relation to anorexia recovery (based on something my therapist told me). It’s not true “bingeing”, it’s reactive eating. This often occurs simply out of our body’s desperation for food, and can be utterly terrifying; however, honouring it is one of the best things you can do. It is the reason I can call myself “recovered” now (or as much as I believe I ever will be, as like addiction I think it it always somewhat with you).

Personally I haven’t noticed any real change in her appearance. And I’m not talking about weight, so much as overall “life” in her face/eyes. They still look empty and drawn to me, which is so saddening to see as it takes me right back to where I was.

As I said, I don’t want to police. But reading comments on “rapid weight gain”/ bingeing, and calling her fingers “chubby” - I worry the impact that could have on others reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Does anyone know where to find this?

Also, all of her old videos with Ruby (the other Ruby).

Also missing:

- Having an evening similar to Hermione Granger
- How to act like Hermione when you're ill

and many others that I can't remember the title of.
I can't seem the find these ones either:

-'Hermione Granger Mid Afternoon (3pm-4:30pm) Routine (Cottagecore Coal Miner Goth Viking Academia)'
-'Hermione Granger Russian Cosmonaut Outfit Tutorial.'
-'How to act like Hermione Granger if she were trapped in a lift with that one person at work who she'd been having small talk conversations with for several years, but whose name she still didn't know, but by now it was far too late to ask.'
-'First time watching The Human Centipede as Hermione Granger.'
-'How to act like Hermione Granger when finding out that your father is under investigation for tax fraud.'
-'Day out in North Korea as Hermione Granger.'
-'Hermione Granger goes to prison for defrauding a charity roleplay.'
-'How to act like Hermione Granger when you're diagnosed with crippling, explosive diarrhoea.'

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 20.54.51.png

Ruby needs to channel this: dropping the facade of the pale Victorian waif and focusing on having fun, laughing and relaxing. She doesn't have to wear make up or wigs if she doesn't want to, she looks so different here, like she's had a life boost.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Go to a college or university. There we have loads of people her age. How many people are doing cartwheels and walkovers outside on the quad? Zero. Nilch. You will find them walking to classes or sitting with other students having intellectual conversations, chilling out, going to the library, reading their mail, doing homework, studying. Now, if she were on scholarship or on the university gymnastic team, she would be flipping in the gym, with her fellow teammates. But she isn't. She is in her backyard playing like a little girl. And, for some bizarre reason, feels the need to share it with the world via social media, probably thinking she is really good so let's brag about it. If she is so good, why isn't she on the team. Whatever happened to being in the trampoline group she joined in first year? Did she find out everyone else was better than her so left? I chose to stop doing gymnastics beyond 17, in spite of having been on my High School team. I was ready to move on to more adult themed pursuits, like running after classes with fellow students, skiing and playing tennis with fellow co-workers on weekends. I was not unhappy moving on, it is part of life. It is growing up and finding new exciting things to do and not have some desperate need to look back into the past with regret of aging or feeling as though you are leaving your best years behind. When it comes to growing up, Ruby is pretty famous for putting on the breaks! Life is good and full of opportunities. Embrace it. If you spend all your time looking back, the present will pass you by before you even dipped your toes in it. You can't get it back.
I’m the last person to defend Ruby but I honestly think the gymnastics stuff is just not that deep, and idk where you went to university but tbh the vast majority of UK university students don’t spend their weekends skiing and playing tennis 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 55

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Just went to check, and it's still not clear how she arrived before everyone else including the teacher. Perhaps, like Hermione, Erimentha has a time turner? Or else you're right, and she totally cut class. :eek: Hopefully Ruby will clear up this mystery in the sequel!

Chapter 20

I arrive to Physical Education promptly and change before any of my peers arrive. The tennis courts are empty and I run a quick lap of the vicinity, struggling to get warm. The sky is blue but the air is crisp and cold and I shiver underneath my jumper. The sun is watery amongst Byron’s “cloudless climes” and warms my scalp as though it were once again August. It is queer that barely a month ago the sun was so hot there was a hose pipe ban; that barely a month ago, I wasn’t scared to walk down school corridors by myself. The late September frost means that the court is a little bit slippery and I watch my feet as I jog, careful not to make a spectacle of myself by falling over. I can hear the chatter of eleven-year-olds drifting across the grassy ridge in front of the pitch: meaningless talk of weekend plans and television shows. I can hear Kimberly’s distinctively sly voice diffracting around the hill.

“Come on! Hurry up!" Mr Longrich calls. “See here, Miss Parker’s waiting for us all already. You really need to practise getting dressed more quickly — it shouldn’t be that difficult kids!” I can see my peers sniggering as he turns my way, his uncovered knees already turning blue in the cold. “You can have a house point for that speedy changing, Miss," he says loudly, only making the other students giggle more.
Mr. Aldrich. Mr. Longrich. Ruby's so obsessed with money that she can't stop naming all her teachers [Blank]rich.

Maybe she'll change it up in the sequel and branch out a little with her naming conventions.

A sneak peek at the character list for her next staggering work of genius:

The Productive Heroes:

Opulentia Sosowealthy
Honeysuckle Cashaplenty
Affluentina Goldmine
Chadwell Stocksandbonds.
Hershell-Henry Massiveinheritance III

The Villainous Bullies

Dave Skintpoor
Doug Notapenny
Charity Destitute
Jessica Bouncedcheque
Anny Sparechange

• Haha
Reactions: 49

gossip_guy

VIP Member
"Hello, it's Ruby, and as I said..." Umm, you haven't said anything yet. This is literally the first sentence you've spoken in this video.

Notable task spotted when Ruby's copying Dickens synopsis info from Google into Notion: "Make a page with my specific interests when it comes to Dickens." Your tutors don't care about your interests, Ruby. You're learning about Dickens, not how much you love the smell of elderberries in autumn, swindling charities and living in a bubble of privilege.

hh08.png

No longer content with trying to burn her own house down, Ruby threatens her viewers with arson.

Outfit count: 1

hh09.png

Ruby has been watching binge eating videos. I won't link to the video in question in case it triggers anyone, but if you search "Huge binge before school", it's the first result.

In slightly less concerning news: Unsurprisingly, Ruby's laptop is covered in a layer of grime and dust so thick that half the screen looks completely desaturated. So vintage! Such bacteria!

hh00.png

She's also OBSESSED with a playlist titled 'Reading the Song of Achilles', because along with adding every historical fiction book she can to her 'to read' list on Goodreads, she really wants everyone to remember that she pretended to finish it and totally, honestly, superduper loved it. Just don't ask her any follow-up questions. Reading that playlist title is the closest she's actually come to reading the book itself.

"It's currently 10:20..." Cut to:

hh01.png

"I also wrote up my thoughts and notes on Sketches by Boz, which - AS I SAID - I read recently." Methinks Rubert doth protest too much. Copying a synopsis from the internet and then pulling a bunch of quotes from other essays doesn't count as reading the book.

"I use Perlego so, so much..."

Ruberto has literally never used or mentioned it outside of sponsored ad videos, but mmkay.

"It's a digital alternative where you're able to access thousands of books for less than the price of one textbook." It's an £8 a month subscription. I know it's easy to forget, since you run away home minutes into every semester, but most people tend to spend more than a month at university. Don't paint it like a one-off cost, Ruby, that's just misleading. And you clearly don't use this yourself. Nobody waste money on this to reward this clown with a commission. Just use the university library and save yourself the money.

hh099.png

Outfit count: 2

hh089.png

Outfit count: 3 (That didn't take long! This is allegedly 45 minutes after the last outfit.)

hh189.png

Ruby conveniently burns her bagels so she doesn't have to eat all of it. In the upper left, you'll see that apparently Ruby and family just dump all their putrid rubbish in the sink like a clan of disgusting swamp trolls.

"I had to change into something else because ACTUALLY the weather got really warm?" She says, wearing a very thick jacket, on a completely different day than either of the previous outfits. The dress she was wearing in the second outfit also looked a lot lighter and airier if she took off the jacket she was wearing with it, so none of this adds up.

"I ate half of my bagel off-screen, honest!" Ruby cementing her newest video cliché: 'The Ruby Makes Dubious Excuses Segment'.

Ruby stealth-announces yet another new and useless product: The Pumpkin Productivity Timetable.

hh187.png

It's as cheap-looking, redundant and useless as it sounds. There's also a giant section of real estate taken up with a needless 'Accomplished' section, despite each entry having its own tickbox to signify that it was done. Yet another product designed by Ruby, for Ruby, with transparent ways of rewarding herself for the same tasks twice, baked right in. For everyone else, it's a waste of paper.

hh156.png

Presented without comment.

Outfit count: 3.5

Ruby mentions that she keeps changing her mind about her dissertation topic, which bodes well. She's tentatively settled on Emily Dickinson's letters, so that she can shoehorn thousands of words of unrelated, poorly researched nonsense about Victorian fountain pens and calligraphy etiquette in there.

hh17.png

Outfit count: 4

"There's no vanilla in this, but it kind of tastes...and smells a bit...vanilla-y." - Ruby Granger, Taste Expert and Master Wordsmith, 2021.

hhh]17.png

Pictured: Ruby Granger, wondering where it all went wrong, and struggling to remember what day she's supposed to be pretending this is.
Not pictured: The LG Gram laptop.

And that's about all the stupid I can stomach for one day. So far, nothing resembling Dark Academia, unsurprisingly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

otravlen

i didn’t want to make a comment about the school debate, but i just wanted to say that i do think some of you are forgetting about neurodivergent people. saying that people who have issues with the school system are lazy is not totally true, and kinda stinks of ableism imo, which i’m not here for

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Literally dying at her suggestions about the first day of school. For Christ's sake, Ruby, you're 21. Wtf are you doing "making sure you come home by 4 to pack your bag"? Does she think people her age spend the day cycling around fields and playgrounds with their friends like it's Stand By Me and they have to be home by dinner? Then a bath and straight to bed?
Like I don't want to act like I'm the most mature and well-adjusted 22-year-old on Earth but the day before my classes start I'm gonna be shopping at Ikea with my boyfriend who's moving in with me. I don't know a single person my age who would even fathom being home at 4 so they can start packing their bag for their first day of school. A 6 year old would not get as excited for the first day of school. It's sad.

Reactions: 45

gossip_guy

VIP Member
A reminder that Ruby's incredible lack of marketing skills don't begin and end with her nails, here's how she chose to show of her latest Depop item for sale - a grey skirt from (you guessed it) Miss Patina:

P0.jpg

First up, there's a blurred photo of Ruby wearing the skirt while recreating the Arthur's Fist meme for some reason:

The focal point of the photo isn't the skirt that's for sale, it's the dog's butthole. Because if there's one thing that convinces a reluctant buyer to drop down cash for a skirt, it's seeing a canine anus.

P0 (1).jpg

Next, a photo of Ruby rubbing the skirt all over the filth and grime of the ashy, dirt-laden fireplace hearth.

She obscures 40% of the skirt that's on sale to provide an element of mystery. Prospective buyers may wonder, "What does the pattern on the skirt look like?" or "Wait, is the dingy fireplace included in the sale?"

P0 (2).jpg

Then Ruby offers up a photo of herself wearing the skirt on the most overcast day possible for the worst natural light. The skirt has clearly seen different seasons, countless cities, many adventures and has infinite stories to tell. The one secret it won't share is what it actually looks like.

P0 (3).jpg

And finally, the clearest shot, in which we see a little more of the pattern. It's a teaser trailer to the feature length experience that the skirt's owner will get once they click 'Buy', wait several weeks, email Ruby to see when delivery will be, and - after many long, flowery emails in which Ruby talks about herself a lot but sheds no light on your late parcel woes - perhaps get to see the skirt in person one day.

Because Ruby's incapable of refraining from making everything about herself, 35 words of the 61 word item description (57%) are an irrelevant aside about her wardrobe habits that have no actual bearing on the item she's selling:

"Grey poodle skirt from Miss Patina (small) with black embroidered cats. I bought this nearly two years ago (since I have a burgundy one from them which I love) but I just don’t think grey suits me and so I haven’t worn it all this year. It’s still in perfect condition and is a well-made, versatile, vintage, preppy, unique piece 🤍"

I've said it before, Ruby, I'll say it again:

Buyers need to see one or more clear pictures of the current condition of the item they're potentially going to buy, along with a short description of brand, size and its condition. You can also include additional promo photos of the item from the website you bought it from. That's it.

They do not need a photoshoot of yourself in which the listed item is barely visible, or a blathering tale about your favourite colour and season. Save that shit for your diary.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I'm a glutton for a punishment, so I sat through the second half of her new video.

It's ostensibly a new day, at an indeterminate time, and Ruby is "reading" 'When I Had a Sister' while probably daydreaming about what it'd be like if she didn't have a sister anymore.

"Think of all the additional attention and presents I'd get!" Ruby probably thinks to herself, while continuing to plot a house fire.

hhh]6.png

To the right, on her laptop we see that Ruby is cataloguing all the books she pretends to read in Notion. Her overuse of Notion is nothing new, but the sheer extent to which she wastes her life cataloguing things in multiple, redundant systems is still constantly flabbergasting. This is all information she puts in Goodreads, too.

She also stresses how important it is to note down her "main takeaways" from every book, because you can't do anything just for fun, and apparently it helps her remember the book. In fairness, it probably is a struggle to remember what happens in a book if you've never actually read it.

She doesn't actually show any of these "takeaways", presumably because they'd be filled with such enriching insights as:
  • This book was big.
  • This book was heavy.
  • This book had pictures. I like pictures.
  • The cover had green on it. This reminded me of nature. Then I went to frolic in the field.
  • I saw lots of big words in this book when I flipped through the pages. I will take those words and use them at random. Big words are nice.
That or she'd just copy other people's opinions and reviews and shove those into Notion as her own.

"I just finished my book," Ruby says, despite the book being written by Catherine Simpson and this copy of it belonging to the local library.

She also appears to have a minor stroke as she visibly struggles to remember the name of the book she's pretending to have read:

hhh7.png

Ruby's then off to London, where she's chosen to dress like something resembling a normal adult for a change:

hhh8.png

After seeing that billboard, presumably Ruby had to have her mother explain to her what a "pension" is, and then what "work" means.

Ruby likely furrowed her brow, confused, then turned to her mother.

"But mummy," she probably asked, petulanty, "this "work" thing sounds frightfully hard and terribly boring. Why don't people just take money from Holocaust charities and get paid to lie about loving things they've never used, like I do?"

Ruby's mother lifted her into her lap and pinched her cheek with pride.

"Because we're more special than other people," Ruby's mother whispered, as she dotingly cleaned a giant glob of dust off her daughter's face. "But that's our little secret. Just make sure you vote Conservative to make sure the evil migrants and poor people don't come to take our money away. But that's our secret, too. If anybody asks, you voted Lib Dem."

"Yes, mummy," Ruby said, before nervously checking her bank balance to make sure the tides hadn't turned against her yet.

They're going to Fortum & Mason's for some ice cream, and Ruby's excited that they have vegan ice cream. Although with Ruby's hazy definition of what veganism is, she probably assumed that this meant her ice cream came with roast suckling pig.

hhh78.png

Ruby's solution to having a fragile, vintage copy of Dombey and Son that she claims to treasure is to continue treating it like crap, taking it with her on a trip to London with her mother for some reason, shoving it in a bag to get banged around, then wonders why pages are falling out. A Kindle edition of the book can be bought for as little as 45p. But nothing like destroying a supposedly cherished book in public "for the aesthetic".

Super-organised and ultra-efficient planner Ruby, who keeps timetables upon lists upon plans upon schedules shockingly managed to fuck up when reading the train schedule and they missed their train.

"So we got here on time and instead we've got half an hour to wait until the next one," she says, staring in contempt at the world around her. Again, Ruby's stupid mistakes are always someone else's fault.

Life advice for Ruby: If you're "on time" for the wrong train, you are not on time. Perhaps spend less time wasting hours with useless to-do lists and more time learning how to cope in basic life.

hhh788.png

hhh7988.png

"Remember to wear your mask!" Ruby scolds, her nostrils exposed, after neglecting to wear a mask herself for almost the entire pandemic thus far.

hhh798i.png

*I really want to pretend to read this!

Fixed that for you, Rubes.

Ruby rushes to justify shopping at an expensive place by saying it's "a special occasion", although aren't they all when your sense of self worth is as inflated as Ruby's?

She bought another modern copy of The Secret Garden, because her vintage copy is "ugly" and she wanted a "beautiful" one. She also bought a load of matches because her house, against the odds, hasn't been reduced to embers yet.

LG Gram laptop sightings in this book: Zero.

Trying to find a trace of dark academia content in this "dark academia days" video like:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

MGB01

VIP Member
Ruby Granger 17: Back to Exeter she goes, how long will she stay? nobody knows

• Haha
Reactions: 42

lizzie2707

my first thought when I saw that was that she looks so old!! And not in a bad way, just like an actual 20 something - it really suits her! That being said, I don’t agree that she should do stuff with her hair or start wearing make up because she looks “so much prettier”. No woman should do anything with their appearance (especially wearing makeup) unless they want to, regardless of whether they’d be better looking if they did. Nevertheless, that whole video is an example of how lovely Ruby could be should she just relax and stop performing so much on her channel, and at least stop actively cosplaying as a child (ignoring the money grabbing tendencies obvs).

Reactions: 42

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Term starts on September 20th for Exeter, so we could get a move-in vlog as early as mid-November!
Don't forget the 4,506 videos in her 'Return to Uni' prep series:

• 'Night Before the First Day of University' - Ruby shows you how to plan your first day of uni, including making sure you're home at 4pm three days prior to get a jump-start on planning, and blocking all your closest, most treasured friends on social media to avoid distractions.
  • 'Night Before the Night Before the First Day of University' - Plan your plan for your to-do list of to-to lists to do.
  • 'Night Before the First Day of University: Morning Routine' - Witness an average 39 hour morning in Ruby's life! Gaze in horror as she drinks too much water and eats nothing. Scratch your head in confusion as the seasons and outfits change countless times at random, all in the course of a single morning.
  • 'Night Before the First Day of University: Night Routine' - Like the morning routine, only "later". Except it's still morning for 93% of the footage.
  • 'What's in my University Steamer Trunk (Besides Mould)?' - How many backup typewriters can one person fit in one dilapidated trunk? Tune in to find out!
  • 'Antique Back to University Furniture Haul' - Ruby teaches the tips and tricks she used to stretch her £9,394 annual furniture budget as far as possible, using her most favouritest apps and services that she's never used before! #ad #sponsored
  • 'Unboxing my Penny Farthing (University Edition)' - Watch Ruby unbox her genuine antique penny farthing (with real rust!) and place it in the corner to look at on her way out of the house to get chauffeured everywhere in her parents' car.
  • '48 Back to University Essentials' - Ruby unveils the hottest essentials for the 2021-2021 university year, including an antique sextant and globe for charting your course to campus, a city street atlas for charting your course to campus, and Google Maps app for charting your course to campus.
  • Planning for First Day of University (Home Learning Edition) - Ruby makes the "shocking" decision not to return to university, since her fear of Covid/burglars/giant spiders/asteroid strike/bubonic plague/higher taxes for the rich/adulthood/bullying has had too much of an impact on her mental health to deal with being away from home.
  • First Day of University Outfit Try-On (Home Learning Edition) - Ruby tries on her mostest bestest favouritest boater hats to choose the right one for her first new day of avoiding adult responsibility and modern reality.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

lizzie2707

lol I got distracted by the gymnastics stuff and totally forgot what I actually meant to post lmao. So, to change the subject, may I present:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 22.18.34.png

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 22.19.25.png

First the review, which...well, yeah. Second, the comment underneath it which is a) quite right, and b) hysterical when compared with the absolute idiocy of the review. Third, Ruby and minimalism??? She owns a whole bloody house no one is living in, despite the really rather serious immigration crisis currently ongoing. That's fine though because she probably posted an insta story about how utterly horrible the situation in Afghanistan is, so she's done her bit. She buys antique opera glasses?? She owns two laptops purely to get ad money??? She has so much stuff. Stuff with no purpose beyond being owned. Not even a pair of shoes? She's constantly getting clothes she only wears once gifted to her ffs. There may be division over the gymnastics, but surely we can all unite over this being total and utter horse shit.

Reactions: 40