Ruby Granger #16 Rooberoy Lockhart, author of ”Erimenthal Me”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did make it quite clear that she only went home for the wedding (the one of the Thatcher cosplay), and that she was heading back afterwards, so I don't think that would be the reason for removing it. I can't think of anything especially bad or stupid she said in it that would make her want to take it down I don't think? Maybe she meant to upload it on a different day?
Is she really that behind on vlogs?
She was at uni and went back for the weird red outfit? But she just posted her moving back to uni vlog?

Reactions: 2
I know that she's been deleting her older Hermione roleplay videos, but has she been deleting others? One I noticed is gone is her "what I eat in a week" from her first year as a Lit student that she posted just before lockdown began. I can't find any others missing, but I thought that that was odd when I noticed it
I also remember that that video got some negative feedback with people commenting that she ate too little, but I feel like other food related videos have gotten more pushback than that one, so I fail to see the logic.

Reactions: 3
She posted three pictures with her dog in a post about going back to uni. She really does read here huh

Reactions: 3
Why did she move back to Exeter only to leave again? Why didn't she wait until after the wedding to move there?

She may have unlisted the video if something to do with the sponsorship isn't correct/the sponsor wants changes made.

Reactions: 6
Sorry if I’m being dumb here but if she’s deleted / unlisted it how come we can still watch it through that link? What is the difference between deleted and unlisted? 😅
Unlisted just means that you can't watch it without a direct link, but the video is still on the website so she can make it public whenever she needs.
Deleted completely removes it from YouTube, and she'd have to totally reupload it to get it back on.

Quite a lot of YouTubers upload early and just leave it private/unlisted until it's time for it to be public - every chance Ruby does too but has made a mistake this time?

Reactions: 9
I think the fringe would be ok if she didn’t wear her hair so long.
I think the fringe can look really good if the person has the right hair type/face type for it. Otherwise you just end up looking like a child with a giant, heavy fringe. I would know because when I was 14 my hair looked exactly like that and I'd rather shave my head completely than go back to that.
And yeah it does look better with shorter hair, like shoulder-length or a bob.

Reactions: 4
yet another advertisement in which she blatantly lies about how long she's been using the product

Also given she's obviously comfortable going into bookstores, I really don't get why she's shopping online for the most part? It may be the easiest way to get some uni books depending on availability, but surely for reading for pleasure, it's much more environmentally friendly to buy stuff in person?
She shows herself in Waterstones as often as possible, acts like it's her home away from home and touches all the pretty books to spread her germs, but rarely seems to buy anything there. She's just angling for a Waterstones sponsorship.

But for all the talk (largely by herself) of being such a bookworm and for how materialistic she is about everything else, she doesn't seem to buy a lot of books online or in person (makes sense, since she doesn't actually read them). It's why she struggled to fill the bookcase she didn't need and had to pad space with library books, borrowed books and stacks of stolen books from her parents.

Her sponsorship is definitely another sham. It's the same service she advertised for the uni house furniture video where she bought cheaply-made things at inflated cost and tried to spin it as a great deal for students. She hasn't used it since.

Decadence: A Literary Anthology, one of the first books shown - the best deal Ruby could find with this "service" is £20. It's £12.71 on Amazon, or around £9 used at Abebooks or on eBay.

I decided to replicate Ruby's entire Karma order to see how much money she actually saved shopping at Hive through Karma versus elsewhere.

Ruby's order came to £49.69 - with Karma's coupon discount magic, it conjured up a 5% discount for a total of £47.21.

That exact order on Amazon? £40.92. The only book that wasn't substantially cheaper was the hardcover Letters of Emily Dickinson, though there was a cheaper paperback option and I'm sure many other collected versions of Emily's letters to choose from that were much cheaper.

Want to buy them used? Entire order comes to £30.85 on Abebooks. Same order on eBay? £28.98.

A minute of searching will find substantially cheaper deals than cluttering your browser with dodgy add-ons that likely syphon your data. Small discounts off overpriced items isn't a deal. It's a waste of money. Ruby's just spouting misleading bullshit and outright lies for money, as usual.

Other takeaways:

Why is Ruby still annotating Sketches by Boz? She's been supposedly reading and making notes on that for several weeks now. Surely the only benefit to starting the required reading in the summer is that you're not still screwing around with it all when uni starts.

Ruby claims to have no time to read for pleasure because she's too busy with required reading. I call bullshit. Ruby just drags out the uni reading far more than required (see above) and doesn't actually read anything else for pleasure, since she doesn't actually enjoy reading, merely the appearance of being well-read.

The length of this email 😐😐😐😐😐
My favourite part of this email: Her first question goes straight to the subject of money, greed, capitalism and the apparent hypocrisy of making money while claiming to do things to be helpful and informative. Excuse me while I laugh hysterically at the irony.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
She shows herself in Waterstones as often as possible, acts like it's her home away from home and touches all the pretty books to spread her germs, but rarely seems to buy anything there. She's just angling for a Waterstones sponsorship.

But for all the talk (largely by herself) of being such a bookworm and for how materialistic she is about everything else, she doesn't seem to buy a lot of books online or in person (makes sense, since she doesn't actually read them). It's why she struggled to fill the bookcase she didn't need and had to pad space with library books, borrowed books and stacks of stolen books from her parents.

Her sponsorship is definitely another sham. It's the same service she advertised for the uni house furniture video where she bought cheaply-made things at inflated cost and tried to spin it as a great deal for students. She hasn't used it since.

Decadence: A Literary Anthology, one of the first books shown - the best deal Ruby could find with this "service" is £20. It's £12.71 on Amazon, or around £9 used at Abebooks or on eBay.

I decided to replicate Ruby's entire Karma order to see how much money she actually saved shopping at Hive through Karma versus elsewhere.

Ruby's order came to £49.69 - with Karma's coupon discount magic, it conjured up a 5% discount for a total of £47.21.

That exact order on Amazon? £40.92. The only book that wasn't substantially cheaper was the hardcover Letters of Emily Dickinson, though there was a cheaper paperback option and I'm sure many other collected versions of Emily's letters to choose from that were much cheaper.

Want to buy them used? Entire order comes to £30.85 on Abebooks. Same order on eBay? £28.98.

A minute of searching will find substantially cheaper deals than cluttering your browser with dodgy add-ons that likely syphon your data. Small discounts off overpriced items isn't a deal. It's a waste of money. Ruby's just spouting misleading bullshit and outright lies for money, as usual.
Jesus Christ, that’s ridiculous. Honestly this is one of those occasions where I’m slightly torn though - it’s much better for someone like Ruby, who for all her money saving bullshit can afford it, to shop at Hive than Amazon. It’s more expensive but it’s also far more ethical. They support independent booksellers and aren’t, you know, Amazon. Not everyone can afford to shop ethically (eBay always a better option than Amazon though), but given Ruby can I’m fine with her doing so. Acting like she’s making massive savings for the sake of a sponsorship when she clearly isn’t though is just ridiculous. Even better, why not trawl through some charity shops - especially at uni, where people often donate books after their course is over - you can generally find most of your required reading on the cheap in places like Bernardo’s and Oxfam. Plus it means stuff doesn’t have to be shipped to her, which is a) worse for the environment and b) more expensive. I mean come on, the majority of those books she could have got from the physical Waterstones she loves showing herself visiting, so why buy them online??

Also it’s worth noting that students get a 10% discount on Hive, so rip to Karma only getting her 5% off.

Reactions: 10
Hey guys, I’m new here. Started watching Ruby probably a month ago and I am really really doubting whether she really reads like 8 books a day?!? Is this physically possible? I’ve tried reading an older thread right after her readathon in December but found nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.