Ruby Granger #14 Roobee with an E, style stolen from Blakeney, busywork = productivity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she ever mentioned this book series before? Because it feels like she’s just saying it’s her favourite because it’s been gifted.

D2B46D56-20C1-4E35-BF9D-07461EE784BD.png

Reactions: 9
Has she ever mentioned this book series before? Because it feels like she’s just saying it’s her favourite because it’s been gifted.

View attachment 696195
Yeah she has definitely talked about loving them before. I actually have nothing against uni students reading YA, but I do think it's a bit odd for a lit student to have a YA book as their most anticipated book of the year. There have been some big releases (Klara and the Sun, Kazuo Ishiguro; Filthy Animals, Brandon Taylor; Assembly, Natasha Brown; Detransition, Baby, Torrey Peters to name just a few I would highly recommend), and I get that not every lit student is going to be super keen on contemporary literature, but honestly you'd think she might pay a little bit more attention. It would be good to see her maybe talk about the Booker prize, the longlist for which has just been announced - I don't love the idea of literary prizes, but it is a big deal within the world of contemporary literature and it's a very easy booktube type topic. But it's so obvious she pays no attention to the actual world of literature beyond the occasional children's book. Good luck getting a job in publishing...

• Sick
Reactions: 27
Yeah she has definitely talked about loving them before. I actually have nothing against uni students reading YA, but I do think it's a bit odd for a lit student to have a YA book as their most anticipated book of the year. There have been some big releases (Klara and the Sun, Kazuo Ishiguro; Filthy Animals, Brandon Taylor; Assembly, Natasha Brown; Detransition, Baby, Torrey Peters to name just a few I would highly recommend), and I get that not every lit student is going to be super keen on contemporary literature, but honestly you'd think she might pay a little bit more attention. It would be good to see her maybe talk about the Booker prize, the longlist for which has just been announced - I don't love the idea of literary prizes, but it is a big deal within the world of contemporary literature and it's a very easy booktube type topic. But it's so obvious she pays no attention to the actual world of literature beyond the occasional children's book. Good luck getting a job in publishing...
Oh I have no issue with her reading YA, I’m older and still read a fair bit of it. Just seems like such a change from her usual “The Tiger Came to Tea” reads! You’re definitely right that she doesn’t seem to have any actual interest in publishing aside from the fact it sounds like a nice job. She struggles so much for content I don’t get why she doesn’t do something like reading challenges, like trying bestsellers in genres she doesn’t read, or the Booker prize list, or something like Jack Edwards where she reads books recommended by other you tubers (or maybe just Blankney).

Reactions: 15
before you watch her new video she just uploaded: I'm quite sure that video was recorded MONTHS ago (min. 4 months ago).

It's a "victorian light academia room transformation" and at the beginning she replaces the double bed with a single bed. But I can see the single bed in her old videos from months ago.
Now maybe I'm wrong, I've seen only half of the video, so maybe I missed something. But still. Mixing old footages with new ones just to confuse us and hide her weight loss isn't useful either for us or for her.

Also I'm quite sure she said in that video that next video will be about setting up the bookshelf.

• Haha
  • Sad
before you watch her new video she just uploaded: I'm quite sure that video was recorded MONTHS ago (min. 4 months ago).

It's a "victorian light academia room transformation" and at the beginning she replaces the double bed with a single bed. But I can see the single bed in her old videos from months ago.
Now maybe I'm wrong, I've seen only half of the video, so maybe I missed something. But still. Mixing old footages with new ones just to confuse us and hide her weight loss isn't useful either for us or for her.

Also I'm quite sure she said in that video that next video will be about setting up the bookshelf.
I'm sure she'll say something along the lines of "This video has been in the making for months now" to excuse the clips thrown together from all over the place and all different times of the year

Reactions: 9

I think you are right, this is definitely old footage.

Watching her clean the dust - she walked barefoot it in..... :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I think you are right, this is definitely old footage.

Watching her clean the dust, she walked bare foot it in..... :sick:
I understand not being able to clean all of the dust earlier because, as she mentioned, it would be quite hard to do so. I used to have a bed like that and it piles up surprisingly quickly. But to then walk around on top of all of it... :sick: Is this not the same person who didn't want to touch a gate that looks like it hasn't come into contact with any life form since the Triassic to avoid germs?

Reactions: 18
that's a faulty statement though, isnt it? ruby's hair has always been longer than blakeney's as far as i can tell.

what i thought interesting about her newest ig post was that she referred to blakeney as her "best friend". over the years ruby has called several different persons her best friend, it seems to be changing quite often lol
I never said she'd been cutting her hair length to match Blakeney's. My point was that Ruby keeps her hair the exact same length at all times to aid in her ability to reuse old footage/photos unnoticed (by her fans, at least) but how long before her desire to look exactly like Blakeney wins out and she finally cuts it short at the expense of being able to resuse old footage?

Blakeney's hair might often be shorter (although I think this is the shortest I've seen it, and it looks great on her) but Ruby has always tried her best to style her hair exactly like Blakeney's without cutting it. Notice how she suddenly started having wavy hair half the time since being friends with Blakeney, even posting Insta stories devoted entirely to grimacing at the camera and noting how wavy her hair is.

I mean, just look at this and how often Ruby tries to match Blakeney's hair and outfits (Ruby's all about dungarees, ringers tees, stripy, yellow, summery tees in Exeter now, which is practically Blakeney's signature style) and tell me that's not the most blatant imitation:

Screenshot_20210804-170830_Chrome.jpg

Apologies for being off topic (or if this has already said), but am I the only fellow-book lover who is getting quite annoyed that Ruby will parade herself supporting independent and second hand bookshops on her Instagram, but she’ll prioritise putting “walking through corridors of books and the vanilla sweet smell of the pages” in the caption over, you know, the name of the fricking bookstore?! But Wittards, an international brand, she plasters the name everywhere 😂

The one in her latest reel is one I really like the look of their classics collection, but I have literally no clue what bookshop it is and they would have to graft for months to get the exposure of Ruby just popping their name in the caption, even if it’s after all of her romanticisation just at “Bookstore is …”, and she can’t even say security really because she’s positing this days after 🤷🏼‍♀️
And for someone who talks about promoting small businesses (yet never does) she almost never visits independent bookstores. It's always Waterstones, to the point where you'd think they sponsored her videos (although it didn't help her get her planners featured in Waterstones, like Jack's, so maybe she'll stop going there now.) I mean, one of her "recent" videos had her leaving one Waterstones to walk directly into another Waterstones. She's not a bookworm, or a friend of small businesses/independent bookshops. She's a brand-bleep fishing for a big sponsorship deal.

I'm sure she'll say something along the lines of "This video has been in the making for months now" to excuse the clips thrown together from all over the place and all different times of the year
Too honest for her. She'll say "Actually, I moved my double bed back in temporarily yesterday for around 10 minutes for another video but swapped them again in this video." Then she'll repost an old routine video from when she had her double bed and she'll accidentally forget to edit out a shot of the Daily Mail (Tory rag of choice for her family) on the kitchen table with the front page article being about Harry and Meghan announcing they're leaving the Royal Family.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Such a small thing
But when she's shopping for the cushion, why didn't she put music over it? Nobody needs to hear your heavy breathing and swallowing 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
"This is the same bed as our spare bed"
So, instead of wasting £70 and getting rid of a double bed, just swap them over? Why does she need to buy another bed?
She really irritates me

Reactions: 41
I understand not being able to clean all of the dust earlier because, as she mentioned, it would be quite hard to do so. I used to have a bed like that and it piles up surprisingly quickly. But to then walk around on top of all of it... :sick: Is this not the same person who didn't want to touch a gate that looks like it hasn't come into contact with any life form since the Triassic to avoid germs?
It's repugnant. Her faked germaphobia has always been impossible to believable considering how eager she is to sprawl out all over her kitchen floor when we've seen how utterly rancid the state of her house, and especially the kitchen is. Her entire house is a petri dish of germs not yet documented in the outside world, and she's happy to swim in it barefoot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
It's not even that, why film it and post it? Say you're taking the bed apart and then cut to the next scene, delete the footage when you realise how bad it's gotten under there, not film it and upload it, nobody needs to see how grimy you are 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Such a small thing
But when she's shopping for the cushion, why didn't she put music over it? Nobody needs to hear your heavy breathing and swallowing 🤢
Pure laziness. It's why her last video had no music or narration. Half-assing her videos was too much work for her. She realised she can quarter-ass it by skipping editing and post-production steps on her video entirely. Expect to see this a lot more.

Reactions: 10
The bleeping music she puts on her videos is so inappropriate every single time, it makes me laugh lol.
Also wtf you can tell she’s never actually cleaned anything before in her life when she’s walking around barefoot through the dust 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.