Ruby Granger #14 Roobee with an E, style stolen from Blakeney, busywork = productivity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like there’s not muchto recap, it’s all just same old same old 😂 Let’s see.
- Roobee and Molly are totes besties, guys! Nothing to see here!
- Two spoonfuls of yogurt with frozen fruit and 4-5 flakes each of three different kinds of bran cereal is still a valid meal in Roobeeverse
- Body checking continues
- Roobee is releasing another academic planner, 2 weeks after everyone has already purchased a planner
- the planner has a ”celestial” theme because if you didn’t know (can we take a moment to hate on this phrase, she uses it all the time as if we’re supposed to know everything she gets up to… I mean we do lol), Roobee is interested in astrophysics, which means there are star doodles on a powder-blue background, and one particularly wonky planet doodle she drew herself
- 28-minute video on how to reduce time spent on social media. Irony, thy middle name is Philomena.
- Roobee’s reflections on her internship include all about how SHE felt about transcribing letters and includes such gems as ”His semicolons look like exclamation points, but good thing I’m such an astute reader that I realized at some point [ed. note: probably after being told] that they weren’t” as well as a recording of herself reading one of the letters, which nobody asked for.

Reactions: 28
I feel like there’s not muchto recap, it’s all just same old same old 😂 Let’s see.
- Roobee and Molly are totes besties, guys! Nothing to see here!
- Two spoonfuls of yogurt with frozen fruit and 4-5 flakes each of three different kinds of bran cereal is still a valid meal in Roobeeverse
- Body checking continues
- Roobee is releasing another academic planner, 2 weeks after everyone has already purchased a planner
- the planner has a ”celestial” theme because if you didn’t know (can we take a moment to hate on this phrase, she uses it all the time as if we’re supposed to know everything she gets up to… I mean we do lol), Roobee is interested in astrophysics, which means there are star doodles on a powder-blue background, and one particularly wonky planet doodle she drew herself
- 28-minute video on how to reduce time spent on social media. Irony, thy middle name is Philomena.
- Roobee’s reflections on her internship include all about how SHE felt about transcribing letters and includes such gems as ”His semicolons look like exclamation points, but good thing I’m such an astute reader that I realized at some point [ed. note: probably after being told] that they weren’t” as well as a recording of herself reading one of the letters, which nobody asked for.
She also seems to think it's impressive that a third year English Lit student has learnt to read carefully and pay attention to punctuation and names.

Reactions: 18
Screenshot_20210726-091850_Chrome.jpg

What is it with Ruby just posting the weirdest photos? This looks like she's mourning her dead dog near some rusty garden furniture guaranteed to give tetanus to all who use it.

(Don't worry, the dog's alive and well, and the family have chosen to dye one or both of the dogs' fur purple to match Martha's hair for some reason like a bunch of fuckwits.)

Screenshot_20210726-092149_Chrome.jpg

It doesn't matter if it's animal safe dye, Martha. The dog benefits nothing from this, you're just using the poor old thing like a fashion accessory, you self-indulgent clown.

Don't the poor dogs have enough to deal with dodging death and disease in that house full of biohazardous squalor and dangerous piles of random rusty crap without being subjected to your family fashion experiments?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Just started her “social media” video and I’m only a few minutes in but I’m already annoyed that she fluctuates so many times between talking about limiting social media, her time on screens and then using technology in general - yes they overlap but they’re not all interchangeable Ruby. She even mentions, where does Notion fall into that? If she was actually thinking critically, even sensibly, about this she would be able to say “okay, I found I’m procrastinating essay writing by scrolling through Instagram so we’re going to tackle that, but I need Notion as it helps me plan my essays so here’s a program like Forest that limits the tabs/apps you can use but some are on a list that you can access” that alone is better than half of the waffle she’s shoved in this video - another example is YouTube, I know she does mention intentional watching but considering she’s a YouTuber I’m sure no one would begrudge her watching YouTube for general inspiration considering it’s her job but nope everything is negative now 🙃

Reactions: 14
Do you think the new planner will cost more than the old one? I only wonder because there is much more "content" in it,

Reactions: 2
I’m finding Ruby’s content to be increasingly damaging, as is everyone on here I am imagining. I myself am 20-something and have a long-standing history of anorexia, with various relapses and whatnot. Despite knowing the BS that comes with relapses and how much happier I am overall in recovery, I can’t help but find her content incredibly triggering and that it brings relapse thoughts to my mind. This girl really needs to stop posting food and exercise, she has so many followers and considering I am older than her and still influenced negatively, I hate to even think about the younger followers she has who will likely copy her (consciously or subconsciously) and think it’ll make them ‘productive’ or whatever.

Just started her “social media” video and I’m only a few minutes in but I’m already annoyed that she fluctuates so many times between talking about limiting social media, her time on screens and then using technology in general - yes they overlap but they’re not all interchangeable Ruby. She even mentions, where does Notion fall into that? If she was actually thinking critically, even sensibly, about this she would be able to say “okay, I found I’m procrastinating essay writing by scrolling through Instagram so we’re going to tackle that, but I need Notion as it helps me plan my essays so here’s a program like Forest that limits the tabs/apps you can use but some are on a list that you can access” that alone is better than half of the waffle she’s shoved in this video - another example is YouTube, I know she does mention intentional watching but considering she’s a YouTuber I’m sure no one would begrudge her watching YouTube for general inspiration considering it’s her job but nope everything is negative now 🙃
I don't think even she knows what she's talking about. It's ironic that this video about focusing her attention more is as much the result of her scattered mind and attention span as anything.

She just believes that, no matter the problem or situation, Notion lists add structure, structure equals planning, planning equals productivity, and productivity is the ultimate goal in all things. Therefore, Notion is the solution to everything. It's The Ruby Granger Transitive Property of Productivity Theory, and it's indescribable nonsense.

Her problem is her atrocious attention span and complete lack of organisation and time management skills. She fills far too much of her life with redundant planners and lists, when clearly none of it gives her life balance or structure and her attention span is still non-existent. Her proposed solution for this is a baffling system of lists, trackers and post-it notes on top off all the tit she already uses. She's talking about solving the problem with more of the problem. It's like saying "My house is burning down. Better add more fire to stop the fire."

I doubt she even wants to do things like read more or watch films or spend time with family. She seems to actively dislike those things, treats them like a chore but enjoys pissing around with Notion all day long, which is partly why she seems to find any excuse for a new list or tracker. She can't milk YouTube for ad money from just her bizarre Notion/list/planner systems though, so she has to pretend to enjoy other things "for the aesthetic."

All of this is moot anyway. The title of the video is "How I stopped wasting time on social media." Past tense. She's fixed the problem! You might ask why nothing's changed and she seems to be spamming Instagram with as much meaningless "aesthetic" crap, ads and recycled garbage as ever after pledging to be more mindful about using Insta, avoid social media more and live in the moment. But you're just being negative and bullying her! She stopped wasting time instantly! It's done! Case closed! Ruby accomplished yet another thing! Go Ruby!

Reactions: 14
Is that supposed to be art? Or what is it? Can't define....

View attachment 680243
Staining paper with tea to make it look old and crinkly is a classic 12 year old doing a history project in school move.

More importantly, who in the sweet love of duck puts 'play with dogs' on their to do list??? Those poor animals, if you have dogs you just play with them because... well of course you do, you love them and take care of them! What the duck??? (I haven't seen my dogs in 7 months and really want to play with them lol this has made me bitter)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I never took her for one to be wearing spaghetti straps, I'm shocked to my core 🧐

The latest PumpkinProductivity post in insta uses the word tangible again, must be the word of the week. It lost all meaning by the end of her last video.
It's a good job that listing description says she's never worn one and there's zero proof to the contrary, or young Ruby would be shooketh!

A562A016-1974-413E-9038-4763CB44AC75.jpg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.