Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
‘The tone is just so JADE’ - thanks Ruby, that’s the only advice against buying this book that I’ll ever need.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Hi! Long lurker here :)
This is going to be a long post, but I wanted to take a closer look at her bookshelves... because I have a feeling Ruby is not the passionate, academic muse she tries to sell us.
First, the “classics shelf”, as she claims.
1628439328882.png

We find a book called “In the Kitchen. Essays on food and Life” that was actually published in 2020. Are we sure, Ruby, that this book belongs near Daphne du Maurier and Huysmans? The same applies to Kurt Vonnegut’s (2005) and Ian McEwan’s (2014). Do you really know what a classic book is?
Then the “contemporary books”:
1628439356308.png

Now, Ruby, as you are an almost third year English Literature student, you should know that Thomas Hardy’s “Far from the Madding Crowd” (1874) and “The Scarlett Letter” by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1850) are NOT contemporaries… maybe they belong to the upper shelf, with the rest of the 19th century literature. The same applies to, again, Daphne du Maurier’s “Rebecca” (1938) (why she doesn't put books by the same author together is beyond me), sharing space with Neil Gaiman’s “The Ocean…” (2013) and “The Vegetarian” (2007). Oh! And here we can see a Sherwood Anderson's book, bear it in mind.
Let’s continue:
1628439681375.png

She calls this part “Coffee-table books” … poor “Found in Translation” short-stories collection, isolated, set aside in the leftover shelf. Again, where is the "literary" logic?
1628439742507.png

Look! Another Brontë book nice old beautiful book! Above Hamlet a nice old beautiful book!
1628439926571.png

Finally we arrive at the “NICE OLD BEAUTIFUL EDITIONS” station. Let’s see. Another decontextualised Brontë, Mary Shelley, random antique (perhaps without literary value) books, another Sherwood Anderson (remember the other? Why has she decided to put this copy here is a mistery).
1628439959855.png

Poetry books.
Ruby, Hoffmann's "The Nutcracker" is not poetry, darling...
1628439976605.png

And finally, at the end of this nightmare, the most strange decision: putting the Penguin Little Black Classics books at the bottom corner. The explanation is simple: at this point we all know that Ruby the Matilda, the Lisa Simpson and the Hermione Granger doesn't know what a classic book is.

The conclusion:
this girl, a self-proclaimed bookworm and literature enthusiast, follows no logical pattern when it comes to placing her books. What's more, she commits inaccuracies and demonstrates that she not only doesn't know literature, but doesn't appreciate details. She loves aesthetics, but below the surface there is only mediocrity and vanity, the worst combination.

(sorry in advance, I'm not a native english speaker!)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Imagine if there was a horror game based on ruby, where you had to creep around her house, over dead fly's, random shit on the floor and try not to loose your life going up the stairs, to try and steal her planner without being caught by her. And when if you got caught by her, she would come out of her room, like "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE" and start chasing after you, as she skips and twirls behind you, throwing planners at you and rambling on about her favorite seasons.
maxresdefault (5).jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

MGB01

VIP Member
bright side at least daddy granger made a cameo, missed you king even if I don't support your tax dodging

• Haha
Reactions: 58

gossip_guy

VIP Member
A lot of people have asked her how the planner differs from last year's.

00.jpg

XFqHtXE.jpeg

Literally all she changed was the most minor, superficial things, but she's acting like that's a great selling point.

One other cool addition to this year's planner, according to Ruby, is that there's a blue ribbon bookmark to hold your place in the planner. Seems like a helpful thing to include in your planner! Wait...what's that? It's not actually included?!

001.jpg

The "cool thing about this year's planner" doesn't actually come with this year's planner. You have to pay extra for it...

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

gossip_guy

VIP Member
"I couldn't possibly be racist, as I have many black friends! Look, here's one now!"

(Enter Jade, with an extreme fake tan, dreadlocks and holding the results of an online ancestry test that claims she's 0.0007% African.)

• Haha
Reactions: 52

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I started having a read through Ruby's mum's blog, and it's instantly apparent where Ruby gets some of her traits from...

"To begin with it felt like sensory overload as a couple sitting behind me were noisily watching a Bollywood film. I had to keep re-reading my chapter of the wonderful book Hamnet I am enjoying immensly. My husband's eyes and attention were glued to his phone, so he was in the zone. A lady voice came over the tannoy informing us which stations were approaching and that the buffet cart would be too. Trains screeched as they tumbled past one another and ours rumbled on towards its destination. There must have been about a hundred people on one of them, all looking at their phones like zombies and just one other middle aged woman and a teenage boy staring out at the scenery. I overheard other passengers chatting but they are not loud enough for me to decipher exactly what they were saying, not that I'm nosy or anything. The couple behind me moved seats and then it became more relaxing, sitting back on a near empty carriage, watching the world go by. I've always loved seeing the trees and fields drift by in a blur, looking out of the window - gazing into people's gardens and daydreaming away."

This is a blog about buying a campervan. Why is there a giant, self-indulgent paragraph about train rides? Fuck if I know. But it's an enlightening read to say the least.

Mother Granger is instantly annoyed at the couple behind her. The heavy implication is that they're an Asian couple - this isn't just any film the couple are watching, it's a Bollywood film. (Shock, horror!) The seething Tory disdain for minorities practically drips off the page. How dare these people enjoy a film to pass the time on a long train journey in seats they paid for? Don't they know that Ruby Granger's mother is trying to enjoy literature? The distinction is clear: Bollywood films are annoying pop culture trash, but Ruby's mum is sampling the delights of high art, and that should take priority on this train.

Daddy Bones is glued to his phone, but this is no unproductive session of social media procrastination. He's ⚡📈IN THE ZONE📈⚡Stock market numbers are increasing, financial portfolios are through the roof, the Cayman Islands are filling up with Scrooge McDuck pools of gold. Whatever he's doing on that phone, he's crushing it. (In reality he was probably drafting a letter of complaint to the train company/their local MP over the couple sat behind them, or starting a petition to bring back segregation on public transport to protect the upper-middle classes from such audacious Bollywood abuse.)

The passing trains didn't just speed by. Oh, no. They screeched and tumbled past one another. Seems like a mass vehicular disaster, and I'm shocked nobody died. There must've been a hundred people on one of them, after all. Ruby's mother has Erimentha's gift of keen observational and cognitive superpowers, and is evidently able to count the number of passengers on a train flying past at high speed. She could also tell that they were all mindlessly looking at their phones aside from a single teenage boy and a middle-aged woman.

Again, clear distinction: When her husband is staring at his phone an entire journey, he's ⚡📈IN THE ZONE📈⚡ When the unwashed masses look at their phones, they're mindless zombies.

Mother Granger's observational powers apparently don't extend to superhearing, though. Try as she might, she couldn't hear the conversations of random passengers. Not that she was eavesdropping, of course! She'd have to be content to spy into people's gardens.

Spelling errors, muddled tenses and flowery bullshit writing, all to tell a rambling tale of self-importance, entitlement, hypocrisy and casual disdain for the lower classes. Ruby's definitely her mother's child.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

Saskia69

Chatty Member
That porridge was not made with all milk, that’s obvious just from looking at the colour. I generally try to be “eloquent” in my comments, for want of a better word, but I am just going to say it. STOP F**KING LYING.

My blood is boiling and I am genuinely writing this in tears, because her content is so damaging and hypocritical and phoney and I wrote this as someone who used to think she was amazing. Who believed she was genuinely a breath of fresh air on social media. Now I realise that she represents so much of what it wrong about it.

LIFE IS NOT ‘AESTHETIC’. It is not a show, it is not a game, it is not to be wished away or invented, it’s REAL. You know what Ruby?

As you are there wishing for storms to get your autumnal aesthetic, people’s homes are being destroyed by floods.

As you glorify in dark academia crap and fetishise restriction, people are on ED inpatient wards like I was exactly 3 years ago, crying over a slice of toast as my university friends graduated from Exeter.

I am honestly disgusted by her content right now and I feel so powerless. On silver lining is that I am been able to see how secure I am in my own recovery, as I am remarkably not triggered - instead, I’m angry. Yet this is where the silver lining ends, because I know how she will be affecting a young, impressionable audience an it makes me want to cry with frustration. Edit, I AM CRYING IN SHEER FRUSTRATION. Mainly because I went to her IG just now and I saw that no less than 4 girls who I was in treatment with (and still follow on there) had “liked” her latest photo. I also know that none of them are near recovered.

If this isn’t a red flag, I don’t know what is 😞

• Heart
  • Sad

gossip_guy

VIP Member
"I've never done a chatty morning routine before!" This is the exact same routine we've seen 67,923 times before. The only difference is that she couldn't even be bothered to record narration or add any of the terrible royalty-free music she usually uses, so she just narrates as she goes and we're subjected to the disgusting sounds of her squeezing lotion out of bottles and sloshing water about. Ruby has reached peak laziness.

Ruby gets all defensive about her utterly insane habit of reading while brushing her teeth. "It's only two minutes of reading, but I just really enjoy it!" If you enjoy reading so much, give it your full attention. Covering a book in drool for the sake of 90 seconds' distracted reading does not make you a bookworm. It makes you an idiot.

She makes a point to say that her book about toffs murdering foxes was too precious to risk getting toothpaste on, but The False Rose is fair game. Sorry, Jacob Wegelius, you toiled for months writing that book only for it to be encrusted in dried toothpaste drool.

She's only just finished washing her face and claims to have been awake less than an hour and this is already the third outfit of the day.

ch.jpg

She puts on thick layer of child's suncream to the point that she looks like a circus clown. Can't see her skin colour, but her freckles are magically super visible. Hmm. Not buying it, Rubes.

"I always start my day by making my bed. It makes me feel so put together."

cho.jpg

Yet you couldn't be bothered to adjust the sheets to fit your mattress? Doesn't seem very put together, does it? I've seen crack dens with tidier beds.

"Making my bed has been so much easier since I got a single bed," she says, in the smuggest tone ever for some reason. If that's the case, get a smaller house, too - your family might be able to keep a single room clean without as much real estate to cover.

cjo.jpg

"Breakfast." Ruby, even that fucking rabbit would be hungry after this. Stop this shit already.

"The world is so beautiful at the moment," said the sheltered, privileged little Tory who wants for nothing and has never known struggle or responsibility. Ruby, read the room. The world is an ever-increasing nightmare for so many people right now. Optimism is great, your complete ignorance and lack of basic empathy are not.

Ruby decides to go for a walk after harassing the chickens. Her outfit magically changes from this:

kjoj.jpg

To this:

cjoj.jpg

And her hairstyle looks completely different.

Outfits worn so far: Four.

"It's...a bit past seven...I think it's about quarter past seven."

sWsCp1p.jpg

"I've been able to see the seasons change, and even the way the air tastes is different." That's probably extreme hunger, Ruby. It's what happens when you eat a teaspoon of food and then speedwalk for an hour - you get hungry and lightheaded and start to ramble like a mental patient.

The only signpost she can think of for seasonal changes is her academic studies, and Ruby equates "what's happening in the world" with, literally, what's happening in her own back yard.

"I'm going to enjoy my walk, be present and be mindful," she says, after setting up a tripod to endlessly ramble at a camera for footage for a routine she's already shown hundreds of times before.

"I dip into my book of poetry while I walk." Nothing says "present and mindful" quite like not paying attention to wear you're walking.

Oh, god, she's doing a poetry reading...

And now she's "mindfully" enjoying her walk and living in the moment by setting the camera down to record herself walking away, inevitably having to come back for it.

;kjoj.jpg

"I get so distracted..." Again: Hunger. Eat food. See a doctor.

"There is no such thing as how long you should spend doing something. You should do things because you enjoy doing them, and if that means spending longer on the task to help you enjoy it to a greater extent, then I think we should do that. The most important thing is enjoying everything we do."

This is, quite possibly, the stupidest thing I've heard all year.

If you need longer to complete a task, take longer. Maybe don't rigidly try to fit everything into 30 minute schedule windows like you do, Ruby. But spending longer doing something you don't enjoy won't magically make you enjoy it. Some things aren't there to be enjoyed. It's called "work." You should try it sometime. And it says a lot about you that even the things you think you're supposed to enjoy are considered "tasks."

"If you're writing an essay, you should always spend an extra hour more than you need to make sure you enjoy the process of essay writing."

Ruby pulls out a second breakfast. It looks a bit more like a full breakfast than her usual tiny portions. She also has her "acting" voice on as she makes a point to show how much there is, so we know there's some bullshit going on.

;kjkoj.jpg

Sure enough, she tears her crumpet into ridiculously tiny pieces, eats a miniscule fraction of it along with a single raspberry, and that's it. Ruby, you're fooling no-one. This shit's blatant.

Also she claims to be eating while writing a letter. Because I know I love getting letters covered in the disgusting remnants of someone's partially-chewed food.

;kjlkoj.jpg

Outfits worn so far: Five.

"Also just realised I haven't put suncream on yet." Umm...you had a thick layer of it on your face in the previous shot, Rubes. See a doctor about memory loss.

;kjlkjjhoj.jpg

Outfits worn so far: Six.

"So, after having the most mindful morning..."

"Yes, I do change outfits multiple times a day. I change my outfits a lot."

• Haha
  • Heart

snapesslut

Imagine if there was a horror game based on ruby, where you had to creep around her house, over dead fly's, random shit on the floor and try not to loose your life going up the stairs, to try and steal her planner without being caught by her. And when if you got caught by her, she would come out of her room, like "HELLO IT'S ROOBEE" and start chasing after you, as she skips and twirls behind you, throwing planners at you and rambling on about her favorite seasons.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Also why the hell has she put a blanket on the floor as a carpet? One false move and you’re going flying mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

gossip_guy

VIP Member
surely it has to be midday by the time she's finished the 'morning' routine?
You'd think so. And yet, in the footage of her planning the rest of her day immediately after her "mindful morning", it's 2:55pm.

Screenshot_20210729-010041_YouTube.jpg

This is why you shouldn't wear a watch on camera if you're going to lie about what time it is, Ruby.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

gossip_guy

VIP Member
"Today I'm going to be rearranging my bookshelf."

Seems simple enough.

"I'll start by drafting a plan in a notebook."

• Haha
Reactions: 47

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I've literally watched 10 seconds of this video and the before and after are identical from a style perspective.

She literally has zero idea what the "aesthetics" she latches onto are. Cottagecore, dark academia, light academia, half-caf non-fat mochademia with extra foam and added sprinkles, Victorian - it's all interchangeable in her mind.

"I never made use of the double bed!"

So...you never even roll around in your sleep? Or just starfish out? You just sleep like Dracula, awkwardly locked in a tight, fixed position until it's time to arise and leech off the lifeblood of charities and impressionable kids?

Dracula_(House_of_Frankenstein).jpg

All those books she either hasn't read or never will. I can't foresee Ruby reading 'Frat Girl' or 'The Death Cure'. Donate the books you'll clearly never read to your local library, for god's sake! Don't just use them as props.

"I have a lot of books and want to put them on display!" Note how she didn't say "I want my favourite books easily available with space to have the ones I'm desperate to read next, right at my fingertips." Just 'books on display', regardless of what they are or if she'll ever read them.

"I'm so happy I'll have a smaller bed that's easier to clean underneath of!" Don't lie. We've seen how you 'make the bed'. You just drop the sheet on the mattress and hope it'll magically fit and adjust itself, and then don't change the sheets for months. There's absolutely zero chance you ever clean under the bed, regardless of how easy it is.

"My double bed was impossible to clean without disassembling it!" Umm, no? You clearly just need to lift the mattress off and you have quite free access to clean under there.

Untitledlo.png

Almost every hoover comes with a nozzle attachment for this purpose. Run a hoover between the slats and that dust would've never been an issue. Reach an arm through and you can dust and polish, too. And you should've been flipping your mattress regularly, anyway. You're just a disgusting hoarder of filth and germs with an aversion to cleaning, don't make daft excuses.

Oh, god, this "cleaning" section is repulsive. Why would you show any of this?! Even her jumper is covered in dust. No dust mask, no gloves, not even socks. It makes my skin crawl. And now rewatch that recent video where she talks about making her bed in the morning, in the context of this. She dumps all her pillows and duvet directly onto this floor every morning and then puts it right back on the bed when she "makes the bed." Guaranteed, she hasn't cleaned it since this video (and it's debatable how much "cleaning" she actually did then), and this was filmed months ago.

Why do we need an extended shot of you swilling a drink around your mouth, Ruby? The answer is: We don't.

Untitled.png

I'm out, I've hit my limit with this video for one day.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46