Ruby Granger #14 Roobee with an E, style stolen from Blakeney, busywork = productivity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her latest post she directly links her bad mental health to the making of “to do lists”… I want to say “thank god she’s finally realised it!” But then I also think “she’s been promoting this kind of behaviour in her videos for years now, and more intensively than ever in recent weeks.
As was said above, I really do feel she is having a crisis of identity. It’s really sad to see, as her whole life online has become so performative - and also how she constantly seeks approval from her audience, asking what content she’d like to see.
The irony is that she is obviously connecting her drop in views to her content/how she is, so thinks she needs to put on a persona to appeal to people. Yet I have a feeling that this is exactly why people (like me) are turning away. Because we see how inauthentic it is.

The endless the focus on aesthetics, which is antithetical to her former appeal to be true to yourself. I do believe that she was once true to that; yes, some people could see it as a bit obnoxious, but as someone who wasn’t hugely into things “typical teenagers/young adults” were I found it a breath of fresh air!

Now, however, I feel that she’s becoming a parody of her old self - a far more extreme version. I can’t recall her ever using to do lists/motion as much as she does now! I feel like, as has been said, she did have more balance before in her life.

It’s truly sad to watch and I can only pray the comments become frequent enough re her weight loss/mental health that she can’t simply ignore them. Then again, I think about Eugenia Cooney and how she still posts on YouTube. So I don’t have much hope 😞

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Ruby should just take a few months off between now and getting settled back in Uni and just focus on herself. If she doesn't start getting a handle on things she won't be attending Exeter in any way and depending on how long it takes her to recover, she could lose her place. She needs to buckle down, forget about numbers, YouTube, her stupid planner, everything, and just work on therapy, recovery and getting things moving in the right direction before she heads back, if she heads back. I feel like she is just crumbling apart. All the denial and deleting, without any explanations, has fueled controversy and distrust from her viewers, and it is only going to get worse. Take a long break and get it together, Ruby. You aren't you anymore. Find out who and what you are and stop trying on everyone else. It is ridiculous and toxic for all concerned. Kindness isn't baiting people, deleting concerned comments, trigger content and lying. She is such a hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
In her latest post she directly links her bad mental health to the making of “to do lists”… I want to say “thank god she’s finally realised it!” But then I also think “she’s been promoting this kind of behaviour in her videos for years now, and more intensively than ever in recent weeks.
As was said above, I really do feel she is having a crisis of identity. It’s really sad to see, as her whole life online has become so performative - and also how she constantly seeks approval from her audience, asking what content she’d like to see.
The irony is that she is obviously connecting her drop in views to her content/how she is, so thinks she needs to put on a persona to appeal to people. Yet I have a feeling that this is exactly why people (like me) are turning away. Because we see how inauthentic it is.

The endless the focus on aesthetics, which is antithetical to her former appeal to be true to yourself. I do believe that she was once true to that; yes, some people could see it as a bit obnoxious, but as someone who wasn’t hugely into things “typical teenagers/young adults” were I found it a breath of fresh air!

Now, however, I feel that she’s becoming a parody of her old self - a far more extreme version. I can’t recall her ever using to do lists/motion as much as she does now! I feel like, as has been said, she did have more balance before in her life.

It’s truly sad to watch and I can only pray the comments become frequent enough re her weight loss/mental health that she can’t simply ignore them. Then again, I think about Eugenia Cooney and how she still posts on YouTube. So I don’t have much hope 😞
Her post shows that she really is so so empty. No true insight. She says its easy to become consumed by social media and the reason she gives is 'because its a space we navigate and explore every day'. Really? That's the reason why its easy to become consumed by it?

Maybe she is unable to give a deeper hot take on the problematic side of social media. Lack of authentic connection, shallow imagery, becoming overwhelmed by personal insecurities and expectations. The irony of it all is that she doesn't even see that SHE is becoming part of the problematic side of social media. Makes me pretty angry if I'm honest.

Reactions: 18
^ This. Her family is loaded anyway, she doesn't need an income in no shape or form and I am guessing she must have saved enough to carry her through the next few months at least. No better time to do it, she really needs to step away from this constant stream of validation thirst and the need to label everything she does with a corresponding aesthetic. Life doesn't consist of aesthetics, none of this stuff was around until a couple of years ago and the people who like the libraries and classics and cottages and blankets still enjoyed them without needing a permission or a hashtag. She's such a slave to social media and the neverending public exposure it brings, no mattet how mindful she claims to be. I almost feel sorry for these students who don't know a life without the overwhelming flow of opinions online. Ruby has oh so many issues to work through and I don't think she can do that while she's also trying to keep up this parody of a persona she's created. She seems so unwell and joyless lately, and she's digging a deeper whole with all the lies and façade she puts up because she thinks it's who she is and it's what people want to see.

Reactions: 25
I echo the idea that she should go offline until October, she could look after herself and get some help, and then if she feels able, come back with "back to uni" vlogs. There's almost 2 months before universities start back, a perfect opportunity for a break from socials.

Reactions: 20
I echo the idea that she should go offline until October, she could look after herself and get some help, and then if she feels able, come back with "back to uni" vlogs. There's almost 2 months before universities start back, a perfect opportunity for a break from socials.
Hello its robeeee so here is a 2hour long video that is very highly requested about how my morning routine changed over the last two months
Including footage from Ruby's first day at primary school

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yup, she's aware that it's a problem, but admits no blame and takes no accountability for encouraging endless to do lists and the most disorganised and toxic study habits.

And on top of that, her solution isn't to look at the problem and why it's causing stress. It's to have no more than a few hours' break from the endless, pointless listmaking and social media profiles that she refuses to take a prolonged break from (after making a video a week ago announcing that she'd stopped wasting time on social media before wasting more time than ever.)

She’s completely detached from reality. She clearly has major problems that need addressing with professional help, but in this case I don't believe honestly that she had a bad mental health day for any other reason than she got called out for lying and had a tantrum, and put the usual "woe is me!" messages online so that if anyone else called her out, her fans would swarm them.

The dangerous messages she’s passing to kids is insane. "Waste your life and drive yourself to stress with my broken, backwards study processes for 12 hours minimum a day, and then if it gets too much, have your family drive you somewhere scenic for an afternoon, then get right back to being productive!"

Honestly I think her getting a normal job or volunteering would be so helpful. What helps me break Ed rules is just hanging out with people who don’t have eating disorders and seeing their freedom. I find it inspiring and a good reality check.

having a job and being exposed to people of all types has helped develop my independence and sense of responsibility. Maybe Roobee can do that...

• Heart
She spent the day in London with Blakeney, and in the Insta stories, Blakeney's hair is now shorter.

Which makes me wonder which will win out: Ruby's compulsion to imitate Blakeney's appearance, or her insistence on keeping the exact same length hair to keep reusing old footage wherever she can?

Reactions: 19
This is someone who won't touch a gate without a handkerchief but will happily take her mask off and talk in an enclosed space in London, for the sake of tasting tea 😂

Screenshot_20210804-054405_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
This is someone who won't touch a gate without a handkerchief but will happily take her mask off and talk in an enclosed space in London, for the sake of tasting tea 😂

View attachment 695549
The handkerchief thing was so ridiculous. That gate probably hadn't been touched by a living being since before Covid was a thing. Secondly, I would guess it's way better to touch it with your hands and then make sure you don't touch your face or anything until you can wash them properly, than touch it with a cloth handkerchief that you then put in your pocket and continue touching with your hands until you wash it. And knowing Ruby we know she didn't wash it as soon as she got home lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The handkerchief thing was so ridiculous. That gate probably hadn't been touched by a living being since before Covid was a thing. Secondly, I would guess it's way better to touch it with your hands and then make sure you don't touch your face or anything until you can wash them properly, than touch it with a cloth handkerchief that you then put in your pocket and continue touching with your hands until you wash it. And knowing Ruby we know she didn't wash it as soon as she got home lmao
Or just open the gate like a normal person then sanitizer her hands after

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She spent the day in London with Blakeney, and in the Insta stories, Blakeney's hair is now shorter.

Which makes me wonder which will win out: Ruby's compulsion to imitate Blakeney's appearance, or her insistence on keeping the exact same length hair to keep reusing old footage wherever she can?
I thought the same, the shorter hair suits Blakeney and I too wonder if she will get to enjoy her new style without being copied straight away.

she stares so intently whenever Blakeney talks, and she always agrees with whatever she says
It’s a bit much isn’t it?

Reactions: 5
Please don't judge for this lol but when my depression was at it's worst I was so desperate for something to do, however mundane, and to have an escape of sorts I started looking into the process of buying a house (idk why I had no savings or job) but I mean like really hyper focusing on it, finding out everything I could and I ended up filling a full notebook with it. I think Ruby is doing similar with her studying, it's obvious she loves learning and that's great but the extent she does it seems to be because she want's to avoid her feelings or something in her life she isn't happy with because in her mind who is she if she isn't learning or being productive, actual learning aside she seems to study and make lists because she's so fixated on it and feels like she has to do it as oppose to wanting to do it and by her own admission is un healthy with it. I do think underneath it all she's a sweet girl who's a bit lost atm and making some really bad choices, truly hope she can hold her self accountable for damage she's caused her younger viewers and heal properly off camera

• Heart
Reactions: 30

View attachment 695549
Im impressed that she described the tea with words other than 'interesting' and 'really lovely'. Sounds like it was fruity and a bit nutty. Woody even. Nice words roobee.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Im impressed that she described the tea with words other than 'interesting' and 'really lovely'. Sounds like it was fruity and a bit nutty. Woody even. Nice words roobee.
Surprised it wasn’t leafy and branchy as well. You know, anything except floral, because a cherry blossom tea can’t possibly be that!

edit: we’ve clearly reached the ”witch eating crackers” stage 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Please don't judge for this lol but when my depression was at it's worst I was so desperate for something to do, however mundane, and to have an escape of sorts I started looking into the process of buying a house (idk why I had no savings or job) but I mean like really hyper focusing on it, finding out everything I could and I ended up filling a full notebook with it. I think Ruby is doing similar with her studying, it's obvious she loves learning and that's great but the extent she does it seems to be because she want's to avoid her feelings or something in her life she isn't happy with because in her mind who is she if she isn't learning or being productive, actual learning aside she seems to study and make lists because she's so fixated on it and feels like she has to do it as oppose to wanting to do it and by her own admission is un healthy with it. I do think underneath it all she's a sweet girl who's a bit lost atm and making some really bad choices, truly hope she can hold her self accountable for damage she's caused her younger viewers and heal properly off camera
I hope you're doing better now! ❤ Besides, hey this kind of knowledge may be very useful for you in the future!:p

When it comes to Ruby I don't believe anymore that she's a sweet girl deep down but got a little lost - the holocaust memorial was the turning point for me. Then came the sketchy giveaways, her crappy quality planner with a bleeping ribbon you have to buy separately, lies on depop (how stupid can she be), abandoning her book club, deleting comments from her social media and much more. She's only focused on the money.

I don't even think she actually loves studying - whenever she showcases the stuff she's supposedly very passionate about - like the Victorian times - her research is very basic level and has lots of mistakes (remember "a la francious" ?!). Same with the constant factual mistakes - how can you so badly misinterpret a quote from 1984 while being a literature student at Exeter. It's unacceptable. And there were many more! I think the only thing she loves is feeling the best in the class, acting like a know-it-all Hermione from the first two HP books and annoying everyone around her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

View attachment 695549
She's been like this even since the start of Covid, I don't know why anyone ever bought her lies.

She absolutely reminds me of kids who have a sick day from school, then after staying home all day, they want to go out to play with their friends after school finishes. But then they suddenly realise the following morning that they want another day off school, so their illness makes a magical reappearance, but nobody buys it because they've already proven they're not ill.

The 'ronaphobia magically appears only when it's time to think about going back to uni or she wants some sympathy, but blatantly vanishes otherwise.

she stares so intently whenever Blakeney talks, and she always agrees with whatever she says
But then cuts almost everything Blakeney has to say out of any YouTube videos or speeds past it and blatantly ignores every comment complimenting Blakeney. She's so strange. She wants to become Blakeney, but doesn't want Blakeney to share the spotlight with her.

Good lord. She's beyond parody at this point. The best she could say of her cherry tea was that it was fruity. Oh, no bleeping tit, Ruby. Shocked you didn't point out that it was "liquidy", too. And the other tea was "oaky and nutty" - aka the most overused way to describe anything that tastes like something. It's wine tasting cliché 101. I can't even.

I don't even think she actually loves studying - whenever she showcases the stuff she's supposedly very passionate about - like the Victorian times - her research is very basic level and has lots of mistakes (remember "a la francious" ?!). Same with the constant factual mistakes - how can you so badly misinterpret a quote from 1984 while being a literature student at Exeter. It's unacceptable. And there were many more! I think the only thing she loves is feeling the best in the class, acting like a know-it-all Hermione from the first two HP books and annoying everyone around her.
This, 1000%. She doesn't love learning or reading at all. She loves appearing smart and productive (or, more importantly, smarter and more productive than other people) and loves getting the false praise associated with that. But in practice she's abysmally lazy and inept. The only true passion she has is for herself. And lying. Oh, money, too. That's about it.

I thought the same, the shorter hair suits Blakeney and I too wonder if she will get to enjoy her new style without being copied straight away.
I think the major thing stopping Ruby from cutting her hair is it'd instantly make it impossible for her to get away with posting old photos as new any more. Everyone here picks up on her doing it already, but even her fans will raise questions when her hair suddenly grows 8 inches overnight.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.