Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm new here but I wanted to just throw in my two cents.
Hello and welcome but re your first paragraph and username; that is a LOT of personal info and ur education is an uncommon combo that makes you easy to google you might want to redact some of it! (I realise that might sound a bit creepy but you never know who is reading these threads!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello and welcome but re your first paragraph and username; that is a LOT of personal info and ur education is an uncommon combo that makes you easy to google you might want to redact some of it! (I realise that might sound a bit creepy but you never know who is reading these threads!!)
I'm not worried. I have very good privacy settings and next to no presence on public social media. Thanks for the concern tho.

Reactions: 5
She's applying to Oxford cause it's Oxford, not cause it's the best university for what she wishes to study
I think this is a big thing. At least they do seem to have some masters related to her interests, but I think even if they didn't she'd be applying there because she cares more about the prestige than studying what's right for her, even though a uni's reputation matters less at PG.

Reactions: 11

"This weekly stress tracker, printed in a calming green..."

"Calming green"? Jesus, just looking at that triggers my anxiety. It's like being beaten in the face with a big sockful of Altoid tins. It's a minty assault on the senses.

Key cause of stress this week: The sight of this damn thing.

Gonna need an extra stress tracker just to deal with the stress of looking at this stress tracker.

That's some 'Michael Gambon as Dumbledore'-ass definition of the word "calm" right there.

(Also there is no Saturday or Sunday on this weekly stress planner. Apparently human beings are incapable of stress on the weekend?)
I’m straggling to understand how this works. Does it come with instructions? What does the score out of 25 mean? What’s the scale I’m using? Even working out how to fill this in is causing me stress …

Also, shout out to the massive privilege that assumes you always get two days off (and presumably, ‘stress-free’) and they’re always Saturday and Sunday.

Reactions: 17
I’m straggling to understand how this works. Does it come with instructions? What does the score out of 25 mean? What’s the scale I’m using? Even working out how to fill this in is causing me stress …

Also, shout out to the massive privilege that assumes you always get two days off (and presumably, ‘stress-free’) and they’re always Saturday and Sunday.
I'm gonna take this to my boss when I'm on the rota to work weekends. Apparently there's no stress allowed those days, I guess I never got the memo?

Honey, she shouldn't be charging a single penny for that. What the duck am I looking at? It's greige, it's wonky, it's weird, it's confusing, it's a graphic designer's worst nightmare.

I used to follow a tumblr called Emma Studies which has an online Etsy for student printables. Feast your eyes -- this is the sort of thing that Ruby's aiming at, and it's not much more than having a basic grasp on line, proportion, and colour.

I cannot. Even.

View attachment 649331
Yup, and people are regularly making cottage industries out of planner/sticker stores.

In everything she does that could make her money (and we know she loves money), she half-asses it and actively overlooks obvious, no-brainer opportunities. She leaves money on the table every time (figuratively speaking - we know she doesn't give to charity.)

She has a stationery store that claims to be for all your academic essentials. No pens. No pencils. No highlighters. Those are easy, obvious products - slap a logo on, or a motivational quote and it'll sell to her fans and beyond. That's not even getting into the entire wealth of personalised planner options of stickers, washi tape, etc.

She latches onto these fad Pinterest aesthetics, but did the glaringly obvious option of offering a dark academia planner or folio or quill-style pen on her store, or a cottagecore-themed line of products ever occur to her? Nahhh. That requires a modicum of thought and effort. She can't even be bothered to restock what's supposedly her flagship product.

(Again, I imagine Sixteenth took the reigns on her and Jack's "companies" and their limited product options are a result of using the cheapest, easiest manufacturer they could find, but any aspiring CEO/entrepreneur with their name and face tied to a brand should be putting in effort and ensuring higher standards.)

It's the same with her channel - her brand is her entire identity, but she's too lazy to put any effort in, and even super-obvious opportunities to grow her brand and expand her audience (and make more money in the process) are too much hard work.

Reactions: 12
It's the same with her channel - her brand is her entire identity, but she's too lazy to put any effort in, and even super-obvious opportunities to grow her brand and expand her audience (and make more money in the process) are too much hard work.
The honestly biggest glaring example of her laziness is her outro, she's been using it for what seems like forever, like she genuinely looks like a child in it. And am no calligraphy snob, but it's pretty mediocre, and doesn't even seem like her best attempt.

How hard is it to make a new outro Ruby!?! And how hard is it to put it on every video!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The honestly biggest glaring example of her laziness is her outro, she's been using it for what seems like forever, like she genuinely looks like a child in it. And am no calligraphy snob, but it's pretty mediocre, and doesn't even seem like her best attempt.

How hard is it to make a new outro Ruby!?! And how hard is it to put it on every video!?!
Don't forget the intro! Yesterday we got a video with a 'Daily University Vlog' intro, which was filmed weeks ago and featured zero footage at university. And if they're daily, where's today's video, Rubes? She just slaps the same old crap on everything she does.

Reactions: 20
I think this is a big thing. At least they do seem to have some masters related to her interests, but I think even if they didn't she'd be applying there because she cares more about the prestige than studying what's right for her, even though a uni's reputation matters less at PG.
That's exactly the thing!

She claims she's wanted to go to Oxford since the age of ten. Before the age where you would really know exactly what university entails and what it's for.

She heard somewhere that it's the most prestigious, and that all the smartest people go there. And that's it. I highly doubt she looked at their course syllabus and decided that would be the right course for her.

She just made up this fantasy in her head for the day when she would be able to tell all her old teachers (and rub it in to her classmates' faces). The day she would stand by watching her mum call all her aunties and uncles and grandparents saying "guess what? She got in!!!"

I think that right there is the moment she dreamed of, not the actual going to lectures and learning stuff.

Maybe she had a romantisised montage in her head of herself as Hermione Granger working extra extra hard with a feather quill in a dusty library, and being validated for how smart she is how much harder than anyone else she works and being the best in her class.

She put her hopes on a daydream that she'd feel good and validated some day, but then when she got rejected, it shattered that fantasy so hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

She claims she's wanted to go to Oxford since the age of ten. Before the age where you would really know exactly what university entails and what it's for.

She heard somewhere that it's the most prestigious, and that all the smartest people go there. And that's it. I highly doubt she looked at their course syllabus and decided that would be the right course for her.

She just made up this fantasy in her head for the day when she would be able to tell all her old teachers (and rub it in to her classmates' faces). The day she would stand by watching her mum call all her aunties and uncles and grandparents saying "guess what? She got in!!!"

I think that right there is the moment she dreamed of, not the actual going to lectures and learning stuff.

Maybe she had a romantisised montage in her head of herself as Hermione Granger working extra extra hard with a feather quill in a dusty library, and being validated for how smart she is how much harder than anyone else she works and being the best in her class.

She put her hopes on a daydream that she'd feel good and validated some day, but then when she got rejected, it shattered that fantasy so hard.
If she gets in, it's going to hit her so hard that she's just not up to it. Or she's going to get there and do ok and realise that she's not the genius she thinks she is.

Reactions: 22
Instead she sits in a dusty room with a dead fly doing extra work

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Un.png

Look at this Wendy Darling bedroom bullshit right here.

You're a 21-year-old woman, for god's sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

It is a bit pathetic that she can't let go of the fantasy she had when she was 10 when she dreamed about going to Oxford. Or rather that she can't seem to translate her childhood dream into a realistic objective or a project to pursue in her adulthood, take off her rose-tinted glasses and embrace the mundane or non-aesthetic parts of it. Like there are people who dream of becoming doctors or astronauts when they're children and then they grow up and do just that. But usually it's because over the years the dream has grown with them, they have realised they are actually very good at what it entails, they're passionate about it, they make realistic plans on how to achieve it, et cetera. They don't just stick to the expectations they had as children and believe that it's all going to be just like that.

View attachment 649520

Look at this Wendy Darling bedroom bullshit right here.

You're a 21-year-old woman, for god's sake.
Imagine inviting a partner or a date to stay the night (as many 21 year old university students do) and opening your bedroom door to reveal this lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I really don't get that low hanging light right above her pillows
Nothing about this house makes sense to me. She has what looks like bare, untreated floorboards. Child's bed awkwardly dumped in the middle of the room. An extra light dimmer a foot below and to the left of the other light dimmer, in case a toddler needs to adjust the brightness? At least she's put up her "murial." You can absolutely tell it's Ruby's room - it looks like it was designed by/for a child psychopath.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It is a bit pathetic that she can't let go of the fantasy she had when she was 10 when she dreamed about going to Oxford. Or rather that she can't seem to translate her childhood dream into a realistic objective or a project to pursue in her adulthood, take off her rose-tinted glasses and embrace the mundane or non-aesthetic parts of it. Like there are people who dream of becoming doctors or astronauts when they're children and then they grow up and do just that. But usually it's because over the years the dream has grown with them, they have realised they are actually very good at what it entails, they're passionate about it, they make realistic plans on how to achieve it, et cetera. They don't just stick to the expectations they had as children and believe that it's all going to be just like that.
OT but when I was 6 we had to make posters showing what we wanted to be when we grew up, and for some reason I said I wanted to be a waitress. Guess who bleeping smashed that dream 😂😂

Seriously tho, surely when she was still getting therapy this must have come up?? Like no therapist could possibly have missed all this can they, unless she just straight up lied in all her sessions. I wonder whether that's why she stopped - it is true that to get better you have to want to, maybe she just refused to acknowledge she had a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
OT but when I was 6 we had to make posters showing what we wanted to be when we grew up, and for some reason I said I wanted to be a waitress. Guess who bleeping smashed that dream 😂😂

Seriously tho, surely when she was still getting therapy this must have come up?? Like no therapist could possibly have missed all this can they, unless she just straight up lied in all her sessions. I wonder whether that's why she stopped - it is true that to get better you have to want to, maybe she just refused to acknowledge she had a problem.
I get the impression she didn't take therapy seriously or treat it the way she needed to. I doubt she was open and honest about most things. It always struck me as something she treated like another box-ticking exercise - six sessions and then she believes she's magically cured of what ails her.

Also, congrats on crushing your dreams like an absolute boss!

Reactions: 18
Did Ruby ever give a reason why she changed her bed from a double to a single? She has a big room that could easily fit a double bed in with lots of space so I don't understand why she would want a smaller one.

Reactions: 10
Did Ruby ever give a reason why she changed her bed from a double to a single? She has a big room that could easily fit a double bed in with lots of space so I don't understand why she would want a smaller one.
she's obviously embracing her "inner victorian child" by having a wrought iron single bed lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 33

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.