Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still not over it. I'd give anything to be able to see her supervisor's face when she utters the words "dark academia".
I am almost 100% sure that she would never say that to her supervisor, as she would be embarrassed.

Reactions: 12
Oh jesus I know I'm guilty of watching the queen's gambit, downloading the chess.com app, and feeling way too badass when I checkmate someone even though I'm playing people who are terrible at the game since my rating is awful

But at least I know the rules and am in some way engaging my brain, rather than just taking pictures with the bleeping game pieces because the physical objects are apparently the most important part

Like we're still in a global pandemic. Chess is a great way to pass time. You don't have to be a grandmaster to enjoy it. But for duck's sake just learn the rules before you incorporate chess into the personality. The game can be hard but the basic rules aren't.

Reactions: 17
I am almost 100% sure that she would never say that to her supervisor, as she would be embarrassed.
But would she? Does she understand what you're supposed to be embarrassed by? Any of us would be embarrassed to say "I want my dissertation to follow an internet aesthetic that makes me feel smart" but none of us would post what she does online

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
And what if she doesn’t get in again?
We'll never heard a word about it I'd imagine. Just like with Jack Edwards (allegedly).

But would she? Does she understand what you're supposed to be embarrassed by? Any of us would be embarrassed to say "I want my dissertation to follow an internet aesthetic that makes me feel smart" but none of us would post what she does online
True. It's the equivalent of me going up to my supervisor and saying "I'd like a project with a happy and carefree feel", or "I'd like a project that allows me to romanticise everything". At this point, I'm not even 100% sure that she understands what dark academia is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I really hope her diss supervisor is brutal because I think she needs knocking down a few, would probably do her good tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I really hope her diss supervisor is brutal because I think she needs knocking down a few, would probably do her good tbh
She'd run back to mummy and daddy's mansion and cry that her supervisor is bullying her. Then mummy and daddy Granger would try to get them fired for upsetting their Ruby

I'm no chess expert but is that board even possible? With all of the pawns still in the starting position but the pieces behind moved?
I'm willing to bet she doesn't even know how the board is set up at the start.

But I wouldn't be surprised if she bought that board just for the photo opportunities.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And what if she doesn’t get in again?
pure speculation but if she doesn't get in she might blame it on her eating disorder...similarly if her diss ends up being a train wreck she could claim that she was too ill to be able to write it to her fullest potential 🤷‍♀️ i wouldn't put it past her

side note: in her alice in wonderland and """gymnastics""" videos she seems to be perfectly healthy so i think she's being very, very manipulative with her angles in her stories (unless the footage is old)

Reactions: 15
pure speculation but if she doesn't get in she might blame it on her eating disorder...similarly if her diss ends up being a train wreck she could claim that she was too ill to be able to write it to her fullest potential 🤷‍♀️ i wouldn't put it past her

side note: in her alice in wonderland and """gymnastics""" videos she seems to be perfectly healthy so i think she's being very, very manipulative with her angles in her stories (unless the footage is old)
Tbh I think if she did blame it on that, it’d be completely fair. She already looks malnourished, I worry that it’ll be even worse in a few months time :/

Reactions: 10
I honestly think she is making such a mistake applying for Oxford again, she’s clearly shown that she’s not a particularly resilient person and I genuinely think doing a masters there would finish her off...
Especially true considering she might be struggling with an ed at the moment. I don't think she realizes that eds will ruin you or be what tips you over the edge, considering she's going into her final year of uni and looking into masters. She literally couldn't have picked a more stressful time to starve herself. I understand eds are not a choice, but she really needs to wake up before it's too late.

She's going snap at some point. It's not a matter of if...it's when.

Reactions: 14
has nobody told ruby that no matter how excited you are about your disso to start with, by the time it’s handed it you’ll never ever ever want to even look at that subject ever again? because she might just put herself off victoriana and “dark academia“ for life LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I could see that as well but hey thats understandable, she's sick and needs helps.

If nothing else she should at least take a break between undergrad and postgrad. That's my biggest regret. I went straight into a graduate program after my undergrad and regret it so much. I wish I took a year off to work and get some more experience in the real world because now I'm in a program with loads of people older than me who have 10+ years experience and it's intimidating.

But Ruby would never take time off from uni, and she especially would NEVER take time off to work a real job. That's a joke.

Reactions: 14

I think the Alice in Wonderland footage is old, she uploaded something similar back in February

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Especially true considering she might be struggling with an ed at the moment. I don't think she realizes that eds will ruin you or be what tips you over the edge, considering she's going into her final year of uni and looking into masters. She literally couldn't have picked a more stressful time to starve herself. I understand eds are not a choice, but she really needs to wake up before it's too late.
I agree with this to an extent, she definitely shouldn't be looking to do an MA next year. Take a year out, recover, maybe get a proper job (if it wouldn't interfere with recovery), do the MA next year if she still wants. That being said, I suspect the two things are connected. Anecdotally, a lot of the people I know who got EDs started struggling around either GCSEs or A-Levels. I'm sure there's a pretty direct link between stressful times and the development of EDs, the same way there is with a lot of mental illnesses. That's especially true for someone like Ruby, who really won't have had much to stress about for the whole of her degree, since she hasn't needed to worry about finance or work. She's basically known exactly where she's going to be and what she's been doing for the last 3 years, and now she's running out of time and doesn't have that same security ahead of her. She probably hasn't had to deal with this kind of stress or anxiety since applying for uni. Honestly I'm not surprised the ED has developed/suddenly gotten a lot worse now, and since I'm certain she won't decide to take a year out I really can't see recovery coming any time soon. If she doesn't get into Oxbridge she'll have a meltdown, if she does it'll give her an identity crisis when she realises she's not as smart as she thinks she is and the ED will get worse as a result.

Tut tut, look at these horrible people spreading negativity in the comments of Roobee’s ”gYmNaSTicS” post 🤭 She will not be discussing her weight loss! Please respect and keep the comment section a ✨positive✨ place! 😡
A70D2B76-8A3F-4E22-A371-58FF013F9CBA.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.