Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oo, she knows some words we don’t! Like ”spendid” and ”sumptious” 😂😂😂
edit: Honestly, every single one of those words (edit 2: except ”vellichor”, because I can’t see ever using it unironically) are ones I would’ve been embarrassed to be looking up in my third year of uni, and English isn’t even my first language.
Also, in chat, someone asked her what she was reading, and surprise surprise, it’s another children’s book. After all, she has 4 months ”off”. In the meantime, here’s her erstwhile friend Molly making her way through what is clearly a formidable reading list of proper grown-up books where the total page count is probably somewhere in the tens of thousands. Night and day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
She also google searched something beginning with "daddy" at 6:56 in the video !!!

Could it be daddy bones !?!?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20210704-184950_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Ruby arrives at a banquet for English Literature students

"Oh, isn't the decor just sumptious?"

A dozen scholars roll their eyes as Ruby sticks her chin in the air and grins from ear to ear

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 647606🤔
Edit:someone already posted this 😅 sorry for the double post
No worries about double-posting! The phrase at the bottom 'I walked the aisles of bookshelves, consumed in vellichor', struck me as something she would unironically craft as an Instagram caption or something. Then I got curious, searched it up, and found this website ('most beautiful words in the English language') containing that exact phrase. (Yes, I have too much time on my hands.)

There have been comments in previous threads about how she seems like a social chameleon - always conscious of how she comes across, trying to blend in or project a very specific image of herself. Trying to consciously integrate words into her vocabulary is one of many examples of her doing exactly that. Not sure whether to laugh or feel sad for her - I think a lot of us have been there in different ways, feeling like we need to be someone else.

Incidentally, my spell-check marks 'vellichor' as wrong and suggests 'vermicelli' in place. Nothing to do with Ruby, but it gave me a good laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Quick recap for anyone who didn't want to watch!

View attachment 647559

Excuse the weird screenshot - taken from 32 seconds into the video. I was going to pick a couple of these words to talk about - only a couple of them are particularly uncommon, but there's just too much to unpack here (especially the first three, holy tit)
Where she's written "sumptious" does she mean sumptuous? If so it certainly doesn't mean cosy where the duck is she getting these definitions 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Quick recap for anyone who didn't want to watch!

View attachment 647559

Excuse the weird screenshot - taken from 32 seconds into the video. I was going to pick a couple of these words to talk about - only a couple of them are particularly uncommon, but there's just too much to unpack here (especially the first three, holy tit)

At the beginning of the video, she says that she would like to write a dissertation about Victorian children's literature, 'Emily Dickinson's handwritten manuscripts', or 'boy actors in Shakespearean original productions' (all direct quotes, excuse me while I scream into the void), because these are the things that she's 'really, really interested in'. However, she also wants to keep in mind the masters' program that she's planning to do (has she mentioned this in other videos?)

Attempts to narrow down dissertation topic for the morning included writing down pros-and-cons lists of why she's interested in each of the topics, and additionally reading more into the masters' programs that she's interested in (clip at 2:56-ish for anyone interested in pausing to read)

List of 'What I'm Looking for in my Dissertation' at 4:55, for anyone interested in pausing - including highlights such as 'dark academia feel' and 'new and original'. She clicks on a list named 'Dissertation Topic Ideas' but then cuts out the clip before you can see what's on the page - bad editing? decision to not share? and then mentions her three primary topics of interest as being 'Victorian letter writing, Girlhood in Jacobean England, and Alice in Wonderland in relation to writing children's books'. Shout-out to all the Tattlers who absolutely called it.

Decides she doesn't want to focus on Emily Dickinson, which is apparently what she's spent her entire degree wanting to write, but had a change of heart.

While doing internship work - reads out the phrase 'so you will have to be content with English still [dearheart?], with my old, worn, English words' and then repeats the phrase 'old, worn English words' with 'how lovely is that?'

Not a great deal else in the vlog, imo. Cinematic music (I watched this on 1.75x, which made the soundtrack a lot more entertaining - the music around 8 minutes in sounded pretty great sped up, for the 0 people who were wondering), candles, lots of food shots as mentioned before.

Unrelated to the video, but sending much love to everyone on the thread struggling with EDs. One day at a time, you can get through this. Best wishes and support from a fellow ED sufferer <3
All of these are so easy you shouldn't need to annotate their meaning on the side. You can really tell she doesn't read that many adult books. How does she even understand anything in them if she needs to annotate the meaning of "loquacious" or "ephemeral"?

Where she's written "sumptious" does she mean sumptuous? If so it certainly doesn't mean cosy where the duck is she getting these definitions 😭
Obviously she's making it up herself based on the context where she read them. What could go wrong after all

Reactions: 10
Aware that I'm being incredibly pedantic here (and it's far from the biggest issue on that list) but opulence does not mean luxurious. Luxury or luxuriousness, yes. One is a noun, the other is an adjective. Wouldn't normally pick on something like this but for a final year English student who apparently loves words and langauge...girl get it together.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m new to the ruby Molly drama so sorry if this has been answered, but how do we know that they aren’t friends anymore? Seems like Molly has just unfollowed, maybe they had a private discussion

Reactions: 6
Yeah but a whole entire tub of it?
the tub/plastic container in the sink contains a mixture of aquafaba (the chickpea liquid)+ the running water she used to wash them. No idea why the container is there (some people use them when washing dishes to save water, but i'd remove it when rinsing food like that, just ignorance from Ruby as always) but the rest is normal?

Nothing gross here, it's nowhere near the dead fly.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.