Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Worse than that, remember her "Finding Like-Minded People at University"? Big, big yikes
In which her advice failed to mention that maybe going into proper uni halls and sharing a flat would be a good way to make friends... And y'know maybe drinking something other than Tea or coconut water 😂

I'd genuinely kill to see Ruby in a pub/club actually doing something normal for a Uni student.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In which her advice failed to mention that maybe going into proper uni halls and sharing a flat would be a good way to make friends... And y'know maybe drinking something other than Tea or coconut water 😂

I'd genuinely kill to see Ruby in a pub/club actually doing something normal for a Uni student.
The result would be exactly what we can see in your profile picture tbh lmao

I don't think anyone has to drink alcohol so they can make friends. I personally mever really enjoyed the club scene, but I still made friends at uni despite being a bit of a recluse, because I still made the effort to actually meet people half way instead of forcing them to fit into my definition of a perfect setting. Ruby is so rigid in her approach to the world, I'm really curious how she'll be in a work/home environment that she can't easily control.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
We were supposed to get a new video 8 minutes ago, what happened?

Oh wait. Roobee’s general ineptitude is what happened.

edit: Ooo, we got ourselves a premiere in 35 minutes! Everybody grab a bev and we’ll see you in the comments! Remember our secret codeword!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Aw c'mon! It's her internet service that's faulty, you can't blame her, she's out there camping!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Did she even give advice? I haven't seen it since she first uploaded, but I seem to remember this being another classic Ruby "I'll just slap a random title on instead of having the title reflect the video" situation that actively avoids anything useful or interesting in favour of a vlog montage.

I recall the closest thing to advice about how to make friends was: "Just be friends with people you're already friends with! Or have your existing friends introduce you to their friends! (And then ruin the friendship for everyone three weeks later.)"

Which is daft as an actual video on how to make friends at uni, especially as an introvert, is useful and relevant content for her viewers. On trend for Ruby though: Always avoid new, relevant and interesting content ideas in favour of the same old half-assed crap.

Aw c'mon! It's her internet service that's faulty, you can't blame her, she's out there camping!
Ruby's just staying committed to the cosplay, and they had no internet in the Victorian era. Not to worry though, Ruby's latest vlog will be assembled onto a zoetrope, and she will be delivering one to each of her subscribers in 6-8 months (with an invoice of £699.99 for manufacturing and shipping costs.)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s live streaming her new dark ackadaymia study video in half an hour lads, hope you’re all ready!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s live streaming her new dark ackadaymia study video in half an hour lads, hope you’re all ready!
gotta love the specifics. it's not just a study session, it's a dark acadaeeeiaeieiaemeea study. aesthetics fit everything in your daily life! brb going to take an egyptian-maritime-trade dump before ruby gets on her premiere!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

edit: Ooo, we got ourselves a premiere in 35 minutes! Everybody grab a bev and we’ll see you in the comments! Remember our secret codeword!
Dark Macademia is back? Ruby thought showing herself looking as gaunt and awkward as ever in the thumbnail would attract viewers? This is gonna be a shitshow. Let me grab the popcorn.

Reactions: 16
Did she even give advice? I haven't seen it since she first uploaded, but I seem to remember this being another classic Ruby "I'll just slap a random title on instead of having the title reflect the video" situation that actively avoids anything useful or interesting in favour of a vlog montage.

I recall the closest thing to advice about how to make friends was: "Just be friends with people you're already friends with! Or have your existing friends introduce you to their friends! (And then ruin the friendship for everyone three weeks later.)"

Which is daft as an actual video on how to make friends at uni, especially as an introvert, is useful and relevant content for her viewers. On trend for Ruby though: Always avoid new, relevant and interesting content ideas in favour of the same old half-assed crap.
I am pretty sure her advice boiled down to 'approach people and talk to them'.

Similar to what she did when she started uni, I can remember her making 'friends' with some randys that's were never seen or heard from again.

I am happy she has Blakeney at the very least, Uni would definitely be worse for her and she would be a lot worse off if she didn't have her.

I am unfamiliar what your refering too with ruining a friendship later tho, care to fill me in?

Reactions: 7
I am pretty sure her advice boiled down to 'approach people and talk to them'.

Similar to what she did when she started uni, I can remember her making 'friends' with some randys that's were never seen or heard from again.

I am happy she has Blakeney at the very least, Uni would definitely be worse for her and she would be a lot worse off if she didn't have her.

I am unfamiliar what your refering too with ruining a friendship later tho, care to fill me in?
Molly and Ruby are no longer friends - Ruby refused to stop posting content that was triggering to people with eating disorders, and Molly, who's recovering from an ED, wisely ejected Ruby from her life.

Considering Ruby met Molly through Blakeney, I imagine this is going to cause issues for them, too. I'd be shocked if the plans for Ruby and Blakeney to live together again this year go ahead.

Reactions: 13
Molly and Ruby are no longer friends - Ruby refused to stop posting content that was triggering to people with eating disorders, and Molly, who's recovering from an ED, wisely ejected Ruby from her life.

Considering Ruby met Molly through Blakeney, I imagine this is going to cause issues for them, too. I'd be shocked if the plans for Ruby and Blakeney to live together again this year go ahead.
I didn’t realise Ruby met her through Blakeney! That makes the whole situation even more awkward in that case

• Wow
Reactions: 9

Oh wow that makes complete sense.

That must be horrible for Molly, she seemed so nice too!

I kinda feel sorry for Blakeney also, as if she was pals already with Molly she must feel like she's picking the side of her flatmate, which is never a good thing from experience.

Thanks for explaining I had no idea!

Reactions: 12
I didn’t realise Ruby met her through Blakeney! That makes the whole situation even more awkward in that case
Yeah, Ruby was weird and vague about the specifics (not surprising that she wouldn't say how she met her friend in a video about how to meet new friends) but it amounted to "Blakeney was friends with Molly online, then I started talking to her--well, actually I already knew her at the same time!" It was weird and struck me as another of her "If Blakeney has something, I have to have it and then claim it was mine all along" weirdisms.

Oh wow that makes complete sense.

That must be horrible for Molly, she seemed so nice too!

I kinda feel sorry for Blakeney also, as if she was pals already with Molly she must feel like she's picking the side of her flatmate, which is never a good thing from experience.

Thanks for explaining I had no idea!
Yeah, I'm really glad Molly has the sense and perspective to just remove Ruby from her life when she started knowingly posting toxic things that were impacting her. It's the healthiest thing for Molly. I can absolutely see things with Blakeney getting more strained over the summer.

And Molly just posted a new video! Counterprogramming an alternative to the Ruby stupidity!

Reactions: 18
Ran for the hills at the prospect of another year with Ruby.

(I actually have no idea, I'd be curious to know too.)
My guess is she got a boyfriend or a job and Ruby deemed her too grown-up to allow her into her fort

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She wants her dissertation to "have a dark academia feel so I can get really excited about it" - aesthetic should NOT be playing a part in this decision, Ruby.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.