Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video hasn't even started and this is already classic Ruby lazy fuckery:

Title: "preparing for my dissertation 🤓 Dark Academia study with me"
Intro card: "Daily University Vlog."

Go home, Ruby, you're drunk on stupid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The masters degree she looks at in the video is "MSt English (1830-1914)"and is at Oxford !!!

Still not over the rejection are you Ruby?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
One of the commenters has said she spotted "your friend Molly" in the park today...
I actually screenshotted that because I found that whole reaction bizarre? It was like Ruby was replying in the hope Molly was watching...? Or trying to hide the fact that Molly cut her off? Idk, here it is for anyone who didn’t see
031D0899-7ABA-4D23-9FD8-5B4A595D093E.jpeg

3E357C3B-85D9-4FF6-8A8B-46C3FB4B42AB.jpeg

38A23F89-85D3-4122-9CE2-B0BDA9504079.jpeg

82C2A691-80BB-4E06-9AB2-4EC6BF5E0ECE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She wants her dissertation to "have a dark academia feel so I can get really excited about it" - aesthetic should NOT be playing a part in this decision, Ruby.
Yeah, that's not how you approach an academic endeavor like a thesis, Ruby. An aesthetic is fine to decide your fashion style or your room decor. For anything else you need to move on from it and make decisions like a sensible adult

Reactions: 21
I saw that Oxford English masters too! Was wondering whether or not anyone else caught onto that. Are we going to be a getting videos about that?

Also did anyone else feel that that shot of her snacking just continued on for a bit too long? I don't know if it's me reading this thread that has made me hyperaware of everything food related with Ruby or if it's her attempt at damage control.

Reactions: 16
That was a lot of gratuitous snacking and food talk for a ”study with me” video 🙄 Also shoutout to all my favourite nuts a.k.a. macadamias in chat!

Tapers, Roobee. They’re still not called candlesticks.

Reactions: 9
Maybe she wants to write a dissertation about "aesthetic through the ages" 🧐

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Is it just me or did she pronounce thesis as faeces just to sound more intelligent at 2:37 in her new video:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What happened to Sasha?
As far as I know, Sasha lives locally to the university so didn't have to live in student accommodation like Ruby and Blakeney. As to why she's seemingly stopped appearing in videos, maybe she got bored of their repetitive interests?

Reactions: 3
nice passive aggressive hummus and crackers eating. Its like she's saying screw you to everyone whose worried about her, like a foot-stomping 8 year old

Reactions: 24
nice passive aggressive hummus and crackers eating. Its like she's saying screw you to everyone whose worried about her, like a foot-stomping 8 year old
Also I don't know who she's trying to kid with the whole "look I'm eating...there's nothing to worry about!" snack time clip. She takes a bite of carrot and eats half a cracker with hummus! Wow, she must be healed. Like you're not fooling anyone Ruby.

Livestream an hour long mukbang and then we'll talk...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I actually screenshotted that because I found that whole reaction bizarre? It was like Ruby was replying in the hope Molly was watching...? Or trying to hide the fact that Molly cut her off? Idk, here it is for anyone who didn’t see
View attachment 647540
View attachment 647541
View attachment 647542
View attachment 647543
Wow thats just... wow...

She's likely trying to hide the fact and thats her way of coping with rejection. If a previous commentator was right about Blakeney going to move out after this year, she will likely do the same thing.

One of my ex's had an ED, and she very regulary lied straight to my face without thinking, even about trivial things, I know this isn't a thing for every person with an ED but its not uncommon. Ruby is dangerously moving from "Eye rollingly funny study youtuber" to "Sad lolcow" , I really hope she gets some help soon, as honestly she needs to get a grip, I'm surprised her helicopter parents haven't stepped in yet to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hey, quick question - how does she manage to read so many books and articles about food while eating so little? I can't even watch a tiktok about cooking food without having a snack nearby like strawberries or nuts lol. Just reading about delicious foods makes me hungry

Reactions: 4
Hey, quick question - how does she manage to read so many books and articles about food while eating so little? I can't even watch a tiktok about cooking food lol. Just reading about delicious foods makes me hungry
A fixation/obsession with food is quite common when someone is suffering from an ed. Since they're starving their body they can't think of anything else. It's like when someone tells you not to think of something what do you do? You think about it.

It's the same if not worse with eds because you need food to survive.

Reactions: 14
Thanks, that makes sense! I'm learning so much about ED from this thread. I could never deny myself food and still keep up good academic performance. How she manages to read a page of a book and still retain information is beyond me lmao

Reactions: 3
Quick recap for anyone who didn't want to watch!

1625419751600.png

Excuse the weird screenshot - taken from 32 seconds into the video. I was going to pick a couple of these words to talk about - only a couple of them are particularly uncommon, but there's just too much to unpack here (especially the first three, holy tit)

At the beginning of the video, she says that she would like to write a dissertation about Victorian children's literature, 'Emily Dickinson's handwritten manuscripts', or 'boy actors in Shakespearean original productions' (all direct quotes, excuse me while I scream into the void), because these are the things that she's 'really, really interested in'. However, she also wants to keep in mind the masters' program that she's planning to do (has she mentioned this in other videos?)

Attempts to narrow down dissertation topic for the morning included writing down pros-and-cons lists of why she's interested in each of the topics, and additionally reading more into the masters' programs that she's interested in (clip at 2:56-ish for anyone interested in pausing to read)

List of 'What I'm Looking for in my Dissertation' at 4:55, for anyone interested in pausing - including highlights such as 'dark academia feel' and 'new and original'. She clicks on a list named 'Dissertation Topic Ideas' but then cuts out the clip before you can see what's on the page - bad editing? decision to not share? and then mentions her three primary topics of interest as being 'Victorian letter writing, Girlhood in Jacobean England, and Alice in Wonderland in relation to writing children's books'. Shout-out to all the Tattlers who absolutely called it.

Decides she doesn't want to focus on Emily Dickinson, which is apparently what she's spent her entire degree wanting to write, but had a change of heart.

While doing internship work - reads out the phrase 'so you will have to be content with English still [dearheart?], with my old, worn, English words' and then repeats the phrase 'old, worn English words' with 'how lovely is that?'

Not a great deal else in the vlog, imo. Cinematic music (I watched this on 1.75x, which made the soundtrack a lot more entertaining - the music around 8 minutes in sounded pretty great sped up, for the 0 people who were wondering), candles, lots of food shots as mentioned before.

Unrelated to the video, but sending much love to everyone on the thread struggling with EDs. One day at a time, you can get through this. Best wishes and support from a fellow ED sufferer <3

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.