Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met with my English tutor twice this semester, once per coursework essay we had to submit, just to briefly discuss ideas - one I chose to work on a really difficult book, and the other was a slightly odd assignment of I kind I hadn’t done before. Each meeting was 10-15 minutes. I really feel for her diss supervisor, they’re going to be getting constant questions and I bet Ruby’s going to ask for wayyy more meetings than she’s allowed (at my uni we had a certain number of hours of contact time allowed with our supervisors, I assume Exeter is similar).
For the English dissertation at Exeter (at least when I was there), we only had a certain number of times we could see our tutor in person to discuss it. Also to receive feedback, as while we can bounce off ideas it has to be substantially our own work.

In terms of written feedback, you are allowed to submit one 1000 word extract (usually an introduction) and from there you can only run past ideas over email.

Reactions: 11
Any guesses which modules she's going to take in 3rd year? My bets are on "Writing for Children and Young Adults" and "Food and Literature in Early Modern England".
She'll also dip into a neonatal childcare module so she can study the correct food for a baby to eat. She'll spend the entire lecture asking the teacher irrelevant questions, like what a 19th Century baby's daily routine might look like. She'll complain afterwards that this module wasn't very fun - too much caring for others, not enough dressing up.

No, this girl does need to reflect on everything. Especially taking money from the Holocaust memorial trust and STILL not telling us how she is “reinvesting” the funds.
She reinvested the money into a Victorian-era child's bed and a boater hat for herself, which is undoubtedly what everyone who suffered and died during the Holocaust would've wanted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Sure, there can be another 100 reasons... But not when she’s been reading and recommending books on eating disorders, conspicuously bodychecking on camera, and showing every ED trick ever invented (exercising 5 times a day, cold water, frozen fruit, food cut up into small pieces, filling up on water/tea etc etc etc) FOR LITERAL YEARS. sdkfjhakjdfh I just want to shake these people 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Her fans getting the ball rolling on the "She's already addressed it, case closed! Mentioning it further is harassment and bullying!" tactic for her as predicted.

Her comments are a nightmare of stupidity:

screen2.jpg

Ruby leading the charge on romanticising childhood regression.

screen1.jpg

She camped for one night in Brighton with her parents parked in earshot. They keep her so sheltered and enable her so much that it's no wonder she's gotten worse this year. It'd be one thing if they were keeping her on a short leash to monitor her eating habits, but they're not doing that either. "That's okay, Ruby, you can just watch us eat these fish. You fill yourself up on a can of coconut water instead."

Imagine being a 21 year old uni student, your new best friend suggests you go on a summer camping trip and then she says "My parents are coming, too. Don't worry, they won't bother us, they'll just lurk in a nearby van while my dad tracks me on a GPS app."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Wait so was she actually camping in the garden I thought you were all joking

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Wait so was she actually camping in the garden I thought you were all joking
Yup. She's been camping three times over the last month from the looks of it.

Once in Brighton with Blakeney with her parents parked close by in their campervan.
Once in her garden with Blakeney.
Once in her garden with her family.
Following the pattern of proximity, the next camping expedition will just be her setting up a blanket fort in her parents' bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Her fans getting the ball rolling on the "She's already addressed it, case closed! Mentioning it further is harassment and bullying!" tactic for her as predicted.

Her comments are a nightmare of stupidity:

View attachment 646200

Ruby leading the charge on romanticising childhood regression.

View attachment 646201

She camped for one night in Brighton with her parents parked in earshot. They keep her so sheltered and enable her so much that it's no wonder she's gotten worse this year. It'd be one thing if they were keeping her on a short leash to monitor her eating habits, but they're not doing that either. "That's okay, Ruby, you can just watch us eat these fish. You fill yourself up on a can of coconut water instead."

Imagine being a 21 year old uni student, your new best friend suggests you go on a summer camping trip and then she says "My parents are coming, too. Don't worry, they won't bother us, they'll just lurk in a nearby van while my dad tracks me on a GPS app."
It sounds like the start of a horror movie to be honest

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ok firstly I think Ruby and I have used very different tents lmao

271E7CC3-DEC4-4A37-AE15-8B86B5B67545.png

It feels like doing Duke of Edinburgh would have been really valuable to her. Actually dead that she thinks this is ‘camping’ 💀

Also
5CA9264E-8D8E-430B-A317-BC7AD0461F91.png
Ruby not really liking a book with graphic sex scenes?? Surely not?! I’ll be honest I didn’t think much of the book either (though Circe her second one is great), but it’s just so predictable. It literally says “sexy” on the cover, there is absolutely no way she’s going to like it

• Haha
Reactions: 34

View attachment 646276
It feels like doing Duke of Edinburgh would have been really valuable to her. Actually dead that she thinks this is ‘camping’ 💀
Ruby Granger's Guide to Productive Victorian Cottagecore Camping:

Step 1: Unpack your chandelier*.
Step 2: Ensure you have as many open flames inside the flammable tent as possible.
Step 3: 💀 RIP, campers.

*Or "chan-delly-ay" to Ruby, probably.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
oic she’s reading the June book for her book club 😂😂😂 How about you check your #pumpkinproductivity planner Roobee, IT’S bleeping JULY.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

View attachment 646276

AlsoView attachment 646282 Ruby not really liking a book with graphic sex scenes?? Surely not?! I’ll be honest I didn’t think much of the book either (though Circe her second one is great), but it’s just so predictable. It literally says “sexy” on the cover, there is absolutely no way she’s going to like it
I love this book but yeah I'm not surprised she isn't enjoying it, though not very graphic it isn't suited to her Victorian sensibilities but she did enjoy call me by your name which is way more graphic (need I mention the peach scene). I would pay money to see how she pronounces some of the names, I had to google some and I love greek mythology

Reactions: 15
I love this book but yeah I'm not surprised she isn't enjoying it, though not very graphic it isn't suited to her Victorian sensibilities but she did enjoy call me by your name which is way more graphic (need I mention the peach scene). I would pay money to see how she pronounces some of the names, I had to google some and I love greek mythology
I doubt very much she actually read CMBYN though. She skimmed it, at most.

I mean, this is her classic review of it:

"Aciman's writing is rich and quiscent. Past, present and future intercept in Call Me By Your Name, and I love that this book is etched with memories which are immediate and distant at the same time. Just like Elio and Oliver's relationship which is both carnal and abstract.

One of the best final few pages of any novel I've read."

It's not only word vomit nonsense, it could apply to almost any book. She read the back cover and spouted vague nonsense to jump in on the popularity train of people who enjoyed it at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I doubt very much she actually read CMBYN though. She skimmed it, at most.

I mean, this is her classic review of it:

"Aciman's writing is rich and quiscent. Past, present and future intercept in Call Me By Your Name, and I love that this book is etched with memories which are immediate and distant at the same time. Just like Elio and Oliver's relationship which is both carnal and abstract.

One of the best final few pages of any novel I've read."

It's not only word vomit nonsense, it could apply to almost any book. She read the back cover and spouted vague nonsense to jump in on the popularity train of people who enjoyed it at the time.
I’ll be honest, I had to go to Goodreads and check to make sure this review wasn’t a parody 😂😂😂 It isn’t, she really is just that stupid 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

View attachment 646276

Also
View attachment 646282
Ruby not really liking a book with graphic sex scenes?? Surely not?! I’ll be honest I didn’t think much of the book either (though Circe her second one is great), but it’s just so predictable. It literally says “sexy” on the cover, there is absolutely no way she’s going to like it
Shocking! Not. This is one of my favourite books ever, but naturally I'd get it if someone wasn't a fan of it, different strokes different folks and all that. But if she rolls her eyes and tries to pass it off as something not suitable just because she can't wrap her mind around the theme, I might actually find the power in me to reach through a screen and slap her lmao. Lighting my prayer candle so that Miller can eventually 'convince' the literary goddess that is Ruby Granger.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ll be honest, I had to go to Goodreads and check to make sure this review wasn’t a parody 😂😂😂 It isn’t, she really is just that stupid 😂😂😂
Yup! It's one step removed from just saying "Words flow into sentences, which metamorphose into paragraphs, themselves forming ebullient chapters in which the characters are unveiled to us. They are often blithesome, occasionally mournful - always alive, unless they're not. The 350 pages are filled with a narrative chronicle of events. Contains some of the best words I've ever seen written down."

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.