Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not to get dramatic but as someone who spent every summer PROPERLY camping with a PROPER tent with an overhead tarp and all the regular things that go with camping it really irks me when people say this is 'camping'. go to a proper campsite, i guarantee you that no one will have a tent like this lol. go to a festival or special event? yeah sure people might have these. one night in back weather and rubys tent is gone. thank you for reading my rant. i am simply just passionate about camping.
I hate to gate-keep camping but no one can deny the #casualmagic of forgetting bear and bug spray. Also wearing Victorian clothes scrambling up mountains or crossing a river. Everyone's having wild-caught salmon over the fire and Ruby's munching on leaves. Or she accidentally walks off the mountain because she's hiking while reading becuz she's the bestest very most productive hiker there is.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hate to gate-keep camping but no one can deny the #casualmagic of forgetting bear and bug spray. Also wearing Victorian clothes scrambling up mountains or crossing a river. Everyone's having wild-caught salmon over the fire and Ruby's munching on leaves. Or she accidentally walks off the mountain because she's hiking while reading becuz she's the bestest very most productive hiker there is.
Ruby also threw out most of the camping equipment before they left to make room for more books, her chandelier, an antique ottoman and 43 changes of outfits for their 2 night trip. A camping stove? Pssh, nobody will need that! But an ornamental writing desk? Now you're cooking with gas.

Oh no! One of the campers stepped in a bear trap! They're losing blood fast. Without medical attention, they won't last the hour! Better call for help! But Ruby threw everyone's phones in the river to maintain the period 19th Century aesthetic! Not to worry, Ruby can stem the blood loss with a towerneequett! But not before she applies some leeches, as was the custom at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Its been deleted due to BuLLyInG (literally every uni has a gossip/ anon page...). Wild guess as to who reported the page?
To be fair to Ruby, if you Google the page name then a load of articles come up saying that the site itself was deleted due to racist comments, back in 2019. So nothing to do with Ruby.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Imagine being a 21 year old uni student, your new best friend suggests you go on a summer camping trip and then she says "My parents are coming, too. Don't worry, they won't bother us, they'll just lurk in a nearby van while my dad tracks me on a GPS app."
Didn't she say in one of her videos she turned on GPS and shared her location to Daddy Bones when she was going for a walk? :unsure:

Reactions: 6
Didn't she said in one of her videos she turned on GPS and shared her location to Daddy Bones when she was going for a walk? :unsure:
She did in one of her videos in the winter closer to Christmas - honestly, this I don’t blame her for since women aren’t exactly often able to feel safe while just walking home, not saying this is the reason but just generally speaking I know I’ve done the same thing especially after the news in early 2021 (not being specific incase it upsets some readers because I know I’m still not over it)

Addition, apologies for double post: However, if she knows how to do this then I’m not 100% why they also need to be parked or living feet away from her if she wants to go “camping”,we all know her dad drives so surely she can share her location and if she worries they can come get her I know my dad felt soooo much better about me going here there and everywhere while he could drive so he was there if needed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
To be fair to Ruby, if you Google the page name then a load of articles come up saying that the site itself was deleted due to racist comments, back in 2019. So nothing to do with Ruby.
Yeah Exeter has had issues with confession pages.

The s*x confession page was closed down - and another one has now been set up - due to posts about (TW) s*xual abuse. (Sorry I'm not a prude, I just don't want to offend or trigger people.)

Exeter's Law Society was also closed down a few years ago due to racism.

• Wow
Didn't she say in one of her videos she turned on GPS and shared her location to Daddy Bones when she was going for a walk? :unsure:
Yup. Can't exactly picture Daddy Bones going all Liam Neeson in Taken if she gets abducted though.

"I have a very particular set of skills. They mostly involve avoiding paying tax on my wealth."

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her camping skills are a fail on every level. She's ill equipped to survive bad weather, the fire she'll undoubtedly start inside her tent, bear attacks, or Jason Voorhees. On a real camping trip, she's a goner.
I might have missed some posts but it seems like people are worried about the open fire because it is a fire hazard which it absolutely is BUT isn’t it well documents that open fires in a tent is such a huge carbon monoxide risk! There have been so many cases, including one a few years ago I think where an entire family (or I think three children) all died after having a fire burning overnight in their tent because the tent has to be so well ventilated if you’re going to have an open fire!
This might just be a me thing, I have always been so paranoid about carbon monoxide poisoning and I’m sure with that huge tent an open flap would give a lot of ventilation but it kills me and it kills me thinking about people copying the idea of ‘aesthetic camping’.

I do know this is me expecting too much and it maybe something I am just hyper aware of (I have a medical background!) but it does show how dangerous influencers can be, ‘a little knowledge is a bad thing’ etc

Reactions: 18
I might have missed some posts but it seems like people are worried about the open fire because it is a fire hazard which it absolutely is BUT isn’t it well documents that open fires in a tent is such a huge carbon monoxide risk! There have been so many cases, including one a few years ago I think where an entire family (or I think three children) all died after having a fire burning overnight in their tent because the tent has to be so well ventilated if you’re going to have an open fire!
This might just be a me thing, I have always been so paranoid about carbon monoxide poisoning and I’m sure with that huge tent an open flap would give a lot of ventilation but it kills me and it kills me thinking about people copying the idea of ‘aesthetic camping’.

I do know this is me expecting too much and it maybe something I am just hyper aware of (I have a medical background!) but it does show how dangerous influencers can be, ‘a little knowledge is a bad thing’ etc
That's another good point, definitely another risk she will have overlooked completely.

"Not to worry! If we pile up some branches and dry leaves in the tent, that will counteract the carbon monoxide buildup, as plants produce oxygen!"
"Don't the plants need to be alive for that? And won't this just provide more kindling for a fire?"
"You're not making any sense, Blakeney. I'm the brains of this operation. You're just here to make me look sociable and unknowingly give me fashion ideas."

• Haha
Reactions: 18

She's super irresponsible with the content she shares - as usual. Mostly children or young teens watch her and I bet some of them couldn't know better. Tbh I'd rather have my future "kids" watch someone who drinks and parties occasionally, even goes on dates with boys!, than Ruby.

Reactions: 6
Lol we know Ruby has no common sense.
She's the kind of dummy you hear about that goes hiking or camping and then needs to be rescued because she didn't check the weather beforehand or she gets lost and falls into a river

Reactions: 11
Low level carbon monoxide poisoning would explain her garbled sentences come to think of it

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Guys come on, she is clearly doing this because she's doing a "camp like a Victorian" video for that Victorian video series. Her next OOTD will include a pith helmet, long shorts, and some impossibly long socks. The backing music will be Professor Elemental's "Cup of Brown Joy".

Bits left on the cutting-room floor after reading Tattle will include: some trophy hunting, unabashedly problematic content, and a casual bit of carbon monoxide poisoning. Ok maybe the problematic content will be kept in.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This just came up as suggested for me, I think it was spoken about here before but I never watched it. I can’t believe they’ve gone from being internet friends, to real life friends to not being friends at all in 3 weeks 😩
0080783D-6214-4482-82F8-9584E0028654.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This just came up as suggested for me, I think it was spoken about here before but I never watched it. I can’t believe they’ve gone from being internet friends, to real life friends to not being friends at all in 3 weeks 😩
View attachment 647164
Wait what did I miss?

I didn't realize they weren't friends anymore??

I kinda felt sorry for Blakeley in this video NGL, Ruby kinda side-lined her and resigned her to 'camera operator' for most of the video.

• Heart
View attachment 647164
Worse than that, remember her "Finding Like-Minded People at University"? Big, big yikes

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.