Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
- I also don’t understand the incessant quoting of “x said this” about the period and “Y says that” in her videos. Not only does she fail to give at least minimal context about who those persons she’s quoting are (writers? Historians?) and when they said or wrote those things (during the Victorian period? Afterwards?) as to inform our understanding of the quotes themselves, but she also just seems to compile information and not articulate those quotes to her own thoughts...which would really be the most interesting part? To me this speaks to how she does not seem to put out these videos to provide clear , accessible and interesting information to her audience, but rather sees those videos as a way to say ✨« look at me I’m smart and my life is so aesthetic and I can quote people »
I think you nailed exactly why she does it. She equates uni essays with the height of academic intelligence, so she wrote her script like one of those.

Only she wrote it like a first year essay thrown together after a night out, an hour before the deadline, with random quotes dropped in to pad it out and hit the word count, and forgetting to spellcheck or include citations and footnotes.

If this is any indication of how she writes her actual essays, I'm baffled that she's got a passing grade for any of them.

Reactions: 21
I can't wait to see the amount of in-depth research she puts into her AncientEgyptcore phase!

"Hello, my name is Ruby and today I'm going to be showing you an Ancient Egyptian study routine.

"The day starts with some power poses - the ancient Egyptians were the inventors of yoga, and you can see many, many examples of their poses enscribed on walls and pyramids - these beautiful drawings are known as "hyroglyphians.""

(Ruby does her usual backyard yoga routine, with added 'walk like an Egyptian' poses.)

"Now it's time to get washed up and ready for the day. The only water source available to the Ancient Egyptians was the Nile river, so they all bathed in this and washed their clothes in there, too. This was also a social activity as all the villagers would get the chance to meet up and talk while washing up, and I just find that so, so inspirational, the idea that even in Ancient Egypt, people found time to take a break from life and talk to their neighbours. I think that's something we can learn from even today.

"Since I don't have the Nile river available to me, I'm just going to have a shower in my bathroom, but I've covered the floors of my house with sand to recreate the experience, and because it's just so aesthetic. If you're looking to recreate the AncientEgyptcore aesthetic, then covering your floors, windowsills, furniture, food and loved ones in lots and lots of sand is essential. I also put this miniature camel ornament on the windowsill, and if I glance at it and squint when I get out of the shower, I'd like seeing a regular-sized camel off in the distance, and I'm instantly transported to another time, it's just so, so breathtaking."

(Cut to Ruby's outfit-of-the-day: A child's Indiana Jones costume.)

"Now that I'm dressed in the traditional clothes of the era, it's time to read for a while. Ancient Egyptians had to be very careful when reading because most of their textbooks were cursed by the god Anubis, and if they read those books, they might be cast into the eternal hellfires of damnation or may unleash undead mummies on their village. Such an interesting time to live in.

"Since the worst thing we have to worry about in the 21st Century is bullying, I'm just going to recreate the Ancient Egyptian reading experience by closing my eyes and picking a book at random from this stack, but I've included some grown-up books in there, to add an element of danger; those adult books have sex and violence in them, so I'll have to be very careful not to pick one of those."
I’m an Egyptologist and just imagining this made me cringe lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I watched the video after 3 cocktails, definitely needed more alcohol to enjoy that bullshit. My favourite part though was our Clare’s acting while Ruby was reading the book. Very believable. I’m in bed now with my hair looking like tit because I didn’t brush it for 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I watched the video after 3 cocktails, definitely needed more alcohol to enjoy that bullshit. My favourite part though was our Clare’s acting while Ruby was reading the book. Very believable. I’m in bed now with my hair looking like tit because I didn’t brush it for 5 minutes.
Clearly Ruby should've given her mum some situational method acting prompts to get a believable 'shocked' reaction from her.

Like..."Picture yourself waking up to a world where the Tories weren't in power and we had to pay higher taxes just for being stupidly wealthy."

Or..."Mum, I've decided to work behind the counter at Greggs. I start Monday."

And even more shocking..."You have to clean that putrid shithole we call a kitchen. Those little doors all over the walls? They're called cupboards and that's where the pots and pans should go, not piled up on the countertops encrusted in filth."

• Haha
Reactions: 37
this was in my recommended..thought i’d share it with you guys 🥲 almost cringed as hard as when i watched Ruby’s latest video tbh

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Glad to see she’s back in Exeter for a while. She always seems to grow up a bit when she’s on her own, maybe because it’s harder to find fields to frolic in 🤣

Reactions: 16
I know it’s probably just because of her study tube aspect that most of her audience know her due to her studies, but I do find it a little sad that she’s described being back in Exeter as “being back at university” when in actuality she’s just back in the city for a holiday from home? I know this is really petty but I worked literally at/for my university consistently throughout the whole summer so that’s why this really stood out to me but for me it just shows how much either she literally thinks or how much she thinks she has to put out on her social media that her personality = student/university

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know it’s probably just because of her study tube aspect that most of her audience know her due to her studies, but I do find it a little sad that she’s described being back in Exeter as “being back at university” when in actuality she’s just back in the city for a holiday from home? I know this is really petty but I worked literally at/for my university consistently throughout the whole summer so that’s why this really stood out to me but for me it just shows how much either she literally thinks or how much she thinks she has to put out on her social media that her personality = student/university
Good for her that she decided to stay away from home for so long. Being back into society and not holed up in a mansion in the countryside can only do her good.

Reactions: 23
It’s great to see she’s back in Exeter with Blakeney! Hopefully she’ll behave a bit more like a 21 year old now

Reactions: 26
Honestly, this is the healthiest thing she’s done all year. Good for her!

Reactions: 30
can't wait to read all the boot-licking responses
"Have some patience! Ruby is very busy with her studies, and she's 7th Level Cottagecore now - she can only communicate via telegrams and wax-sealed communiqués (or çomminùqouęsés, for the "correct" Ruby-approved spelling/pronunciation) and those take time to arrive to more modern civilized eras!"

• Haha
Reactions: 56
"Have some patience! Ruby is very busy with her studies, and she's 7th Level Cottagecore now - she can only communicate via telegrams and wax-sealed communiqués (or çomminùqouęsés, for the "correct" Ruby-approved spelling/pronunciation) and those take time to arrive to more modern civilized eras!"
"Leave Ruby alone!!! 😭"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.