Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is quite endearing when people can find beauty in ordinary things but after a while it becomes exhausting lol

Reactions: 23
It is quite endearing when people can find beauty in ordinary things but after a while it becomes exhausting lol
There’s a very small line between it being a good thing and becoming creepy and exhausting 😂
Definitely think it’s great how some people can see the beauty in everything (I can’t) but Ruby has surpassed that stage a long time ago. Now it just highlights how out of touch she is with reality.

Reactions: 14
I used to watch her videos ageeeees ago and having just seen her thread on here it's reminded me she exists as I haven't heard anything of her for ages, I've read through this one and have seen references to her and ED behaviours, can someone explain this so I'm in the loop?

Reactions: 2
I used to watch her videos ageeeees ago and having just seen her thread on here it's reminded me she exists as I haven't heard anything of her for ages, I've read through this one and have seen references to her and ED behaviours, can someone explain this so I'm in the loop?
Well, she like to show us her tiny meals, regularly eats baby food, seams to always try to make every meal “healthy” and continues to take pictures of herself to look smaller. Did I miss something?

Reactions: 6
The Ruby book club thing is annoying me. Ruby's put her name to something and is using it to boost her brand (from which she's made tens of thousands of pounds), she's basically abandoned it despite finding time to post on social media every day, she hasn't given the admins authorisation to fully take over the running of it, and people in the group are still defending her? All of their excuses are rubbish too.

'Ruby's been busy with exams' clearly not so busy that she couldn't spend hours on a victorian morning routine

'Ruby doesn't owe you her time, she should be making people pay to interact with her' she's a minor studytube celebrity, not some major Internet sensation. And it doesn't matter how famous or successful you are - it's rude to leave people in the lurch and it's rude to ghost people. It would take her literally a minute to sort this book club debacle

'Ruby has appointed admins to run the group' the admins were given limited roles, and were basically doing grunt work until they took matters into their own hands (because they had no choice)

I don't know if Ruby realises how bad this whole thing makes her look. It's sloppy and unprofessional. If she doesn't want to bother with it anymore, she needs to just be a grown up and say so. I imagine that she's lost interest because a) it doesn't bring in revenue and she's all about the $$$ b) it exposes her as someone who doesn't really know much about books

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The Ruby book club thing is annoying me. Ruby's put her name to something and is using it to boost her brand (from which she's made tens of thousands of pounds), she's basically abandoned it despite finding time to post on social media every day, she hasn't given the admins authorisation to fully take over the running of it, and people in the group are still defending her? All of their excuses are rubbish too.

'Ruby's been busy with exams' clearly not so busy that she couldn't spend hours on a victorian morning routine

'Ruby doesn't owe you her time, she should be making people pay to interact with her' she's a minor studytube celebrity, not some major Internet sensation. And it doesn't matter how famous or successful you are - it's rude to leave people in the lurch and it's rude to ghost people. It would take her literally a minute to sort this book club debacle

'Ruby has appointed admins to run the group' the admins were given limited roles, and were basically doing grunt work until they took matters into their own hands (because they had no choice)

I don't know if Ruby realises how bad this whole thing makes her look. It's sloppy and unprofessional. If she doesn't want to bother with it anymore, she needs to just be a grown up and say so. I imagine that she's lost interest because a) it doesn't bring in revenue and she's all about the $$$ b) it exposes her as someone who doesn't really know much about books
the least she could do is give the admins a proper pay, give them more power and then say this is a Ruby Granger "approved" or "inspired" club, that she doesn't have time to manage it fully but will share her opinions, participate and suggest books - kinda like what Emma Watson did, she didn't claim to run the club fully..

Reactions: 24
the people defending her on the facebook post is so funny lol. if she's going to be THAT inactive she needs to remove her name from the book club.

Reactions: 12
One thing struck me about her latest content “crisis” story where she asked which thumbnail you’d be most likely to click on... it’s all surface level again. It’s all about appearances, not substance, end I feel it pretty much embodies my issue with Ruby.

From the Victorian routine videos to her book reviews and now the book club, it is all so performative. It lacks true meaning, and it’s really quite sad to watch as I feel she doesn’t know how to be any other. And the more her audience enable her with their sycophantic gushing the more entrenched she becomes - and the more damaging.

Call me dramatic, but I genuinely feel her content can be damaging. she started off in A Levek by promoting toxic productivity culture, and now she’s shifted to this perpetual childhood. Both worlds are just so out-of-touch with reality.
I really hope being back in Exeter helps her see this, though I do wonder if she was encouraged to go back by her parents or made the decision entirely independently.

Reactions: 21
😂 she really went into a monologue on how all the berries growing on a couple of brushes were gone by the end of fall, and how magical it was that so many passersby must have picked and eaten them, maybe made jam from them...

I started to rewatch this video to relive the hilarity and no less than a minute in, Ol' Rubes has offered up the following gems:

"I use Scrivener when writing, it's a wonderful program for writing, I would highly recommend it to anyone... (Sharp intake of breath, then awkward cut)"

Umm...yes? You were saying? Why is it good? What useful features does it have to warrant a recommendation? What makes it better for writing than, say, Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, etc.? Is this not a writing vlog? (I've used Scrivener before and personally found it very unwieldy and cluttered, which sounds right up the Rubester's alley as "cluttered" and "overly busy" are synonymous with "productivity" in her mind.)

"I'm writing a middle grade book, I've never written a children's book before..."

Rubert, do you have dementia? The only book you've written is a children's book! It's literally in the description of your video: "My Middle-Grade book."

I just can't. Elon, send her to the moon please.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She’s daily vlogging this week! Yay! Expect at least three videos spread out over the next two weeks until they peter out and she never mentions it again!

Reactions: 12
So this is creepy. Her publicly wishing a 16 year old happy birthday and saying they're friends. She's a 21 year old woman ......

Screenshot_20210531-065149.png

Screenshot_20210531-065219.png

• Sick
Reactions: 18
It always creeped me out that the majority of her friends group is made of her much younger cousins. Like don’t get me wrong, it’s great you have good relationship and so on but they were her “main” friends up until she started uni. It was super creepy she would only spend time with kids years younger than her rather than someone around her age. When you’re in your 30s let’s say the 5 years age difference isn’t that big of a deal cause everyone is adult but when you’re this young it’s quite worrying. And yes, if Ruby was a man, she would be officially considered a creep and cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If Ruby were a man, that "you're mine" would creep the hell out of me.

I guess I'll choose equality and be creeped by Ruby as well
I don't think it's Ruby saying "you're mine", is it? It looks like that's the caption the girl has put on her own post.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So this is creepy. Her publicly wishing a 16 year old happy birthday and saying they're friends. She's a 21 year old woman ......

View attachment 597330

View attachment 597331
As if she’s only just turned 16 today as well, so that means that Ruby happily went and befriended a 15 year old? I know I’m really pointing out the obvious here but that is so so creepy to me. I struggle to relate to some adults I know who are a couple of years younger than me sometimes, I cannot physically imagine becoming friends with an actual child.
I don’t like that, I feel like theres a weird power imbalance, she’s an adult with a big social media following and a load of money, and she’s befriending kids? Nah that’s odd

• Heart
Reactions: 26
As if she’s only just turned 16 today as well, so that means that Ruby happily went and befriended a 15 year old? I know I’m really pointing out the obvious here but that is so so creepy to me. I struggle to relate to some adults I know who are a couple of years younger than me sometimes, I cannot physically imagine becoming friends with an actual child.
I don’t like that, I feel like theres a weird power imbalance, she’s an adult with a big social media following and a load of money, and she’s befriending kids? Nah that’s odd
I'm Ruby's age and my brother is turning 16 (his birthday is tomorrow actually) and I don't think I'd be able to be friends with a girl his age. Maybe if there was a kind of mentoring or older sister/younger sister dynamic. But let's be honest, what advice could Ruby give to a 15 year old? She's barely matured past that age herself.

Reactions: 17
Ruby is definitely dressing very differently now she's in Exeter. It seems a bit silly to spend so long to cultivate an 'aesthetic' only to abandon when you aren't in your bubble of home.

Reactions: 13
In any case, I get that teenagers want to be (and often get) popular online, and that girl seems talented enough, so sharing her content to Ruby's bigger audience is a nice gesture. But also sharing a young girls profile with a larger audience is irresponsible and not wholesome at all. She's basically streamlining all the creeps to this child.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.