Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how is watching films as a family not a sociable activity but one person reading from a book is?
has she ever watched a film and then discussed it like a normal person?

Reactions: 12
If you're looking to recreate the AncientEgyptcore aesthetic, then covering your floors, windowsills, furniture, food and loved ones in lots and lots of sand is essential. I also put this miniature camel ornament on the windowsill, and if I glance at it and squint when I get out of the shower, I'd like seeing a regular-sized camel off in the distance, and I'm instantly transported to another time, it's just so, so breathtaking."
God I love Ruby's thread so much, it never fails to crack me up 😂😂😂

Reactions: 7
Re the extra year, I think ages ago she said something about a course in English literature with a year abroad in America? I forget whether this was what she IS doing at Exeter, something she considered doing at Exeter, or the course she applied to at Oxford.

While obviously travel is to be discouraged during a pandemic, if she left after she was vaccinated and got tested/quarantined after arrival and stayed in one place once she was there, I don't see that it would be very dangerous to the public for her to do a year abroad next year. And since she obviously couldn't go home on weekends it might do her some good.

Edit: at 7:15 she says that the course she initially applied for at Exeter before she switched to philosophy and theology included a year abroad in the US or Canada. Perhaps she switched back to this rather than to straight English.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
has she ever watched a film and then discussed it like a normal person?
TV and film are clearly an unnecessary distraction from her studies, best left for the great unwashed commoners.

In one of her "your assumptions about me" videos she blamed her attention span for not being able to watch TV, but she seems so nervous and flustered about the subject and can't move on fast enough. Her attention span's clearly not a problem when studying for inordinate amounts of time, so maybe it's more of her obsessive compulsion to always be studying or her head will explode.

Even the films in her "all you need to know about the latest popular aesthetic" videos are so limited and narrow it's hilarious (and of the few she lists, I'm dubious that she's watched them as she says absolutely nothing about them.)

Which is half the problem - if she broadened her creative horizons a bit, she'd have more content to offer on the fad subjects she latches onto for views, instead it's a bare bones, barely researched overview video and more routine crap. But she takes the same 'narrow, shallow interest' approach to books as well, so at least she's consistent.

Re the extra year, I think ages ago she said something about a course in English literature with a year abroad in America? I forget whether this was what she IS doing at Exeter, something she considered doing at Exeter, or the course she applied to at Oxford.

While obviously travel is to be discouraged during a pandemic, if she left after she was vaccinated and got tested/quarantined after arrival and stayed in one place once she was there, I don't see that it would be very dangerous to the public for her to do a year abroad next year. And since she obviously couldn't go home on weekends it might do her some good.

Edit: at 7:15 she says that the course she initially applied for at Exeter before she switched to philosophy and theology included a year abroad in the US or Canada. Perhaps she switched back to this rather than to straight English.
It'd definitely do her the world of good, but being that far from her bubble is exactly why she won't do it.

Probably for the best really - acting like a Victorian child on a plane to America won't end well, and after pissing everyone off by twirling her parasol and frolicking up and down the aisle for the 15th time and unfurling all her calligraphy supplies onto her seatmate's table, someone will probably fold her in half and cram her into an overhead compartment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I studied abroad in America and I just don't see her enjoying it ... she's a homebody, she would be absolutely miserable 2000 miles away from her mini mansion. How would she even cope in a shared room?

Reactions: 25
I studied abroad in America and I just don't see her enjoying it ... she's a homebody, she would be absolutely miserable 2000 miles away from her mini mansion. How would she even cope in a shared room?
Idk I feel like even if she's uncomfortable at first it would do her some good... growing up is not meant to be a painless process for everyone, and she just seems to stick to whatever doesn't cause friction in her life... on a campus at uni she would still be very sheltered (no acknowledgment of her privilege, etc...) but this change in scenario and not being able to "escape" back home might kick some sense of reality into her...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Idk I feel like even if she's uncomfortable at first it would do her some good... growing up is not meant to be a painless process for everyone, and she just seems to stick to whatever doesn't cause friction in her life... on a campus at uni she would still be very sheltered (no acknowledgment of her privilege, etc...) but this change in scenario and not being able to "escape" back home might kick some sense of reality into her...
I definitely think it would help her grow, I just can't see her doing it ... I think she'd do well with the class style though -- lot's of tests, homework and extra credit.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When she asked for video ideas on insta, I literally said 'trying things out your comfort zone' - would both be interesting for us and beneficial for her. The privilege she has allows her to live in such a bubble and at this point it isn't healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When she asked for video ideas on insta, I literally said 'trying things out your comfort zone' - would both be interesting for us and beneficial for her. The privilege she has allows her to live in such a bubble and at this point it isn't healthy.
She isn't even comfortable reading books that deal with topics out of her comfort zone, let alone actually experience things IRL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She isn't even comfortable reading books that deal with topics out of her comfort zone, let alone actually experience things IRL
True, but maybe by camouflaging that as a "video idea" that will bring her views and that sweet sweet cash she might want to try it... or just pretend to try it at least (still a massive improvement for Roobee!)

Reactions: 6
And just like that I’m over Daddy bones. He looks like he’s about to tell me that he can’t possibly be a misogynist because he loves women no thank you
lol I wouldn’t put it past them to have posted this just to get back to the way things were, with Clare the only one after him 😂

eep sorry I ran out of time to edit but I need to add - you guys are spot on about her uneasiness with tv/film - I honestly don’t think it can actually be an attention span thing since she absolutely CAN focus when it’s reading or writing. I’ll confess to having a mild issue with this (so I may be projecting) but just watching something has not been an option for me ever since I learned how to knit. I can’t just binge Netflix, I have to be productive. (I used to have my own little private thing I called the Murder Sock Festival where I’d binge Dexter or something and knit socks on my summer vacay.) It fits in with her personality.

I also think this is partly why Roobee dropped the Adaptations course, it involved watching things as well as reading the book, and possibly making connections on a level that wasn’t completely text-bound, so it would have been outside her comfort zone in that way as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m sorry but this last video is so annoying in so many ways and I apologies in advance for the incoming rant😂 if I may add to all of the excellent comments that have already been made (special mention for the Egyptian night routine, I was in my doctor’s waiting room when I read it and actually chocked on my own spit trying (and failing) to laugh silently).
-Even the subtitles are half assed and probably just a copy and paste of the script she wrote for the video. This is however quite interesting because she apparently included a part about « Victorian skin care routine » in her script that she ended up not filming? (See video around 6:13) Why? And it gets better! Judging from the subtitles she did mention in her script that women in the period used opium ammonia and Mercury as skin treatment but she just casually and totally omits to mention that these are highly toxic and the consequence they could have? Again why?! How can you not think that it is interesting and important to reflect upon this sort of information critically? Then in the same script/cc content, follows a quote (from whom, she does not even bother to mention) about how « the look of the consumptive was very desirable: the woman with the watery eye and pale skin which of course was from the cadaver in the throes of death » ?! :sick:🥴🤮💀 Again just drop the quote and move on casually?
- The abrupt sound cut at 1:15 made me think for a minute that my phone sound did not work anymore, which was nice (not). Why can’t she just watch the video again or ask Clare or someone to do it before posting?
- Won’t dwell on how horrible and cringe was that « à la Francious » thing that gave me some very uncomfortable #HerculePoirotGate flashbacks. Ruby, if your unsure about pronounciation or spelling why not google it?
- I also don’t understand the incessant quoting of “x said this” about the period and “Y says that” in her videos. Not only does she fail to give at least minimal context about who those persons she’s quoting are (writers? Historians?) and when they said or wrote those things (during the Victorian period? Afterwards?) as to inform our understanding of the quotes themselves, but she also just seems to compile information and not articulate those quotes to her own thoughts...which would really be the most interesting part? To me this speaks to how she does not seem to put out these videos to provide clear , accessible and interesting information to her audience, but rather sees those videos as a way to say ✨« look at me I’m smart and my life is so aesthetic and I can quote people » ✨

sorry this is so long and sorry for any English mistakes my tired✨Francious✨ Brain might have missed 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Wait just a darned minute. There are subtitles? That are actually her script? You’re telling me I have to go back and watch all her videos one more time to fully absorb the extent of her half-assedness? Oh god the work is never-ending 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m sorry but this last video is so annoying in so many ways and I apologies in advance for the incoming rant😂 if I may add to all of the excellent comments that have already been made (special mention for the Egyptian night routine, I was in my doctor’s waiting room when I read it and actually chocked on my own spit trying (and failing) to laugh silently).
-Even the subtitles are half assed and probably just a copy and paste of the script she wrote for the video. This is however quite interesting because she apparently included a part about « Victorian skin care routine » in her script that she ended up not filming? (See video around 6:13) Why? And it gets better! Judging from the subtitles she did mention in her script that women in the period used opium ammonia and Mercury as skin treatment but she just casually and totally omits to mention that these are highly toxic and the consequence they could have? Again why?! How can you not think that it is interesting and important to reflect upon this sort of information critically? Then in the same script/cc content, follows a quote (from whom, she does not even bother to mention) about how « the look of the consumptive was very desirable: the woman with the watery eye and pale skin which of course was from the cadaver in the throes of death » ?! :sick:🥴🤮💀 Again just drop the quote and move on casually?
- The abrupt sound cut at 1:15 made me think for a minute that my phone sound did not work anymore, which was nice (not). Why can’t she just watch the video again or ask Clare or someone to do it before posting?
- Won’t dwell on how horrible and cringe was that « à la Francious » thing that gave me some very uncomfortable #HerculePoirotGate flashbacks. Ruby, if your unsure about pronounciation or spelling why not google it?
- I also don’t understand the incessant quoting of “x said this” about the period and “Y says that” in her videos. Not only does she fail to give at least minimal context about who those persons she’s quoting are (writers? Historians?) and when they said or wrote those things (during the Victorian period? Afterwards?) as to inform our understanding of the quotes themselves, but she also just seems to compile information and not articulate those quotes to her own thoughts...which would really be the most interesting part? To me this speaks to how she does not seem to put out these videos to provide clear , accessible and interesting information to her audience, but rather sees those videos as a way to say ✨« look at me I’m smart and my life is so aesthetic and I can quote people » ✨

sorry this is so long and sorry for any English mistakes my tired✨Francious✨ Brain might have missed 😂
Spot on! ❤

The script as subtitles shows how half assed everything she does is. It’s your bleeping job Ruby so maybe instead rereading Little Princess for the umpteenth time spend at least some of it on making these crappy videos of yours better.

Not to mention the ansolutely unacceptable factual and spelling mistakes. Francious, are you bleeping serious....🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
did she mean à la française with francious?
I also could not believe my eyes when I saw that. I thought she was maybe showing the pronunciation, although that would be the wrong pronunciation as well. I refuse to believe that a university student who presumably has access to Google and should have a vague idea of how French words are spelled misspelled something so egregiously. Like okay she doesn't speak French but I don't either, that's not an excuse lol

And why did she have to go out of her way and put it on the screen? To show everybody that not only doesn't she know basic French words, she still doesn't know how to spell it after presumably reading this word multiple times in a book or an article (she must have learned about service à la française somehow) and she can't even be bothered to check the spelling online?

Side note, the word francious has to make it into the title for Ruby Granger #11. I hope someone more creative than me remembers this when we get to page 48 lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.