Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking so too, her recent Instagram stories really look like she decided to spend some time away in her cottage. I mean, the perks of being a homeowner at 21 (going on 12), right? I wish someone would tell her that "slow living in the English countryside" is only a thing for those who can actually afford to aesthetically wander around the garden without a (financial) care in the world. Such a shame that the rest of us had a global pandemic to survive.

Reactions: 16
I can honestly imagine that cottage being a nightmare - cracks in the ceiling, damp, really energy inefficient etc. It sounds idyllic on paper, but I've rented a lot of 'character houses' that have been freezing cold and full of issues, and in most cases the landlords aren't bothered and rake in extra money because the house has 'period charm'.

Reactions: 15
lmao What is with the Nasa Sweatshirt? It is about as unaesthetic as you can get and suddenly she is in some random old fashioned cottage. Is this hers, the one we have been mentioning here? I swear, all we need to do is mention something and Ruby will do it. Pretty easy to sway her narrow little mind. Very pathetic. I am honestly not interested in her play house. If she was a graduate, had a secure job, mature, it could have interesting potential, but basically it is nothing more than a building where she can play house away from home and let her childish imagination fester even more. I can't believe her parent's indulge in this kind of behavior. I'm sure they are paying for everything. She will never, ever grow up to be a functioning adult and they are not doing her any favors. She desperately needs counseling.

Reactions: 14
just shows that cambridge (and working youself stupidly hard) is not a ticket to success
uuh sorry to quote myself but i'm thinking about this again and it's really annoying me lol. going to a university like cambridge or oxford opens up more opportunities for you than any other institution can possibly present you with. i just feel as though holly has squandered it, and it makes me furious because she could have done so many exciting things!

there are people who would have given an arm or a leg to attend that university, while (and i know i'm being quite harsh here) holly sat in her room pretty much 24/7, talked to nobody except her parents and learnt....what? how to memorize huge amounts of information? she already knew she could do that

similarly, ruby right now is such bad example of how to spend your time at university. i really hate the thought of younger kids going off to uni in the coming years and trying to emulate ruby! (i know there's a pandemic, and she was admittedly leading a *bit* of a better example before covid happened but still...😒)

Reactions: 13
Didn't she plan to have tenants in her cottage? I just assumed she got an AirBnB or similar for the week; it would be very similar to what others are doing as things are opening again (i.e., meet others, go somewhere, stay away from crowds).

Reactions: 10
I think the fact that she hasn't said where she is was deliberately calculated to fuel speculation. She can't just be honest and direct, can she?

Reactions: 10
lmao What is with the Nasa Sweatshirt? It is about as unaesthetic as you can get and suddenly she is in some random old fashioned cottage. Is this hers, the one we have been mentioning here? I swear, all we need to do is mention something and Ruby will do it. Pretty easy to sway her narrow little mind. Very pathetic. I am honestly not interested in her play house. If she was a graduate, had a secure job, mature, it could have interesting potential, but basically it is nothing more than a building where she can play house away from home and let her childish imagination fester even more. I can't believe her parent's indulge in this kind of behavior. I'm sure they are paying for everything. She will never, ever grow up to be a functioning adult and they are not doing her any favors. She desperately needs counseling.
Don't you know she loves space look she's even got the jumper

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Don't you know she loves space look she's even got the jumper
Remember when she said she was interested in astrophysics and PaigeY got all excited in the comments? This jumper is literally the extent of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Remember when she said she was interested in astrophysics and PaigeY got all excited in the comments? This jumper is literally the extent of it.
I'm sure it's a primark jumper aswell not that's there anything wrong with primark

Reactions: 3
I can honestly imagine that cottage being a nightmare - cracks in the ceiling, damp, really energy inefficient etc. It sounds idyllic on paper, but I've rented a lot of 'character houses' that have been freezing cold and full of issues, and in most cases the landlords aren't bothered and rake in extra money because the house has 'period charm'.
I lived in a 1920s house (which was converted into flats) for 3 years, and it was so problematic. Insulation was non-existent, and the heating was so old and insufficient that it would frequently be 12°C or below inside during the day if I didn't keep the heating on 24/7. It didn't help that the ceilings were so high so heat just disappeared. My landlord refused to have anything replaced unless it out-and-out broke down and became irreparable, so I had to no hope of improvements. I was not sorry to leave.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think that’s her cottage - I have no idea but I thought her place was tenanted and even if the tenants had moved out, I can’t see her moving a load of stuff in for a weekend? Also, although I can see Ruby buying a thatched cottage I genuinely can’t see that being somewhere she’d buy a potential rental purchase - the insurance costs along would be insane. I suspect they’ve gone on a trip down to Devon or Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend and she’s being cryptic so as not to get any comments about whether she should or shouldn’t be travelling.

Reactions: 3
Lmao I was like Ruby I think you mean astronomy? My boyfriend is a physicist, astrophysics is not accessible at all to a layreader like Ruby. I would love to see Ruby attempt to read an astrophysics article and realise that it's mostly very complex maths and there's nothing aesthetic about it

Reactions: 23
Lmao I was like Ruby I think you mean astronomy? My boyfriend is a physicist, astrophysics is not accessible at all to a layreader like Ruby. I would love to see Ruby attempt to read an astrophysics article and realise that it's mostly very complex maths and there's nothing aesthetic about it
i definitely get the impression she (mainly) says she’s interested in it to sound more intelligent (i know you can have an interest in something without being a pro at it, but still)

Reactions: 15
I don’t think that’s her cottage - I have no idea but I thought her place was tenanted and even if the tenants had moved out, I can’t see her moving a load of stuff in for a weekend? Also, although I can see Ruby buying a thatched cottage I genuinely can’t see that being somewhere she’d buy a potential rental purchase - the insurance costs along would be insane. I suspect they’ve gone on a trip down to Devon or Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend and she’s being cryptic so as not to get any comments about whether she should or shouldn’t be travelling.
I don't think anyone would have ago about her going on a holiday in the UK the government restrictions allow it

Reactions: 1
I'm sure it's a primark jumper aswell not that's there anything wrong with primark
Actually, I think there is a lot wrong with Primark...

First a disclaimer: I am aware that there are certain circumstance that can greatly limit the places you can shop (like income, size, availability, resources to research certain issues) and so I am usually very, very careful on who and when to judge somebody's shopping habits. (So please don't feel judged if you shop at Primark for one reason or another.)

Buuuut, in Roobie's case the combination of her wealth, her shallow level activism for sustainability, human and children rights and her conventional size just tick all the boxes for me to feel free to say: Nope, she shouldn't shop Primark. It is wrong. She has all the resources to come to the conclusion that it is not ethical at all and to change her behaviour accordingly.

(At least it was second hand, if I remember correctly.)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.