Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread isn’t fun when it’s like mumsnet. There’s a place for all this I know everything about baby talk and it’s not here! She’s really improved since having the baby I guess she just really is a bad pregnant woman..
Yeah exactly. No one is policing the thread they just don’t want it being derailed with endless debates on who’s the best mother. Same as with the babies name.

Set up a parenting advice thread if that’s your thing

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This thread isn’t fun when it’s like mumsnet. There’s a place for all this I know everything about baby talk and it’s not here! She’s really improved since having the baby I guess she just really is a bad pregnant woman..
Early days, she’s only been un-pregnant a few days ❣ However Covid has been a funny old time for all of us, which includes Mrs Ramsey too.

Reactions: 4
Just breaking up the "how you hold a baby" chat to say that the end of her insta stories where Robin is saying hello to baby Rafe have honestly melted me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why hasn’t she had a wash for two days? She has Chris there and probably her mum to help. Post surgery she should be maintaining good hygiene (I had 2 sections so aware it’s mega painful but you’ve got to do it!)

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but on the podcast Chris uses the phrase "I'm not being sexist but....." or "I don't wanna sound like a misogynistic pig here but...." an awful lot. To me, if you have to say "I'm not being sexist" chances are you probably are. He says it so often as well! I can't help but feel he has some really old fashioned (could be considered sexist) views such as some jobs being "pink jobs" (cooking, cleaning etc) and some being "blue jobs" (diy etc). Just how it comes across to me.

Reactions: 12
Omg yes he’s constantly so paranoid about being sexist 🙄 it’s so annoying, like yea we get it your “woke” 👍🏼

Oh my honestly love. Yes its hard having a new born but please check your privilege.
You have a husband at home 24/7 amd no money worries.
Many many have it harder

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but on the podcast Chris uses the phrase "I'm not being sexist but....." or "I don't wanna sound like a misogynistic pig here but...." an awful lot. To me, if you have to say "I'm not being sexist" chances are you probably are. He says it so often as well! I can't help but feel he has some really old fashioned (could be considered sexist) views such as some jobs being "pink jobs" (cooking, cleaning etc) and some being "blue jobs" (diy etc). Just how it comes across to me.
Yes I always notice that too. He definitely comes across as being the type who is probably quite ‘old fashioned’ with his views on things.

Reactions: 5
Oh my honestly love. Yes its hard having a new born but please check your privilege.
You have a husband at home 24/7 amd no money worries.
Many many have it harder
How does she not realise she's privileged! I had my first child at 17 my mum lived abroad and my now husband was working full time long hours so I had no one to help.. she has a husband who is home most of the time and loads of money.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 385464
Is she for real? Read the room Rosie. The crazy privileged?? Says her who’s got a husband at home all the time and her mum staying with her and clearly not afraid to admit it or break the rules. I’m not saying it’s wrong for her to have her mum there for support during the newborn phase if she needs it but come on Rosie, you’re not exactly living in the real world.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 385464
Is she for real? Read the room Rosie. The crazy privileged?? Says her who’s got a husband at home all the time and her mum staying with her and clearly not afraid to admit it or break the rules. I’m not saying it’s wrong for her to have her mum there for support during the newborn phase if she needs it but come on Rosie, you’re not exactly living in the real world.
She does a lot wrong. But you are allowed a support bubble if you have a baby under 1. So this time shes not breaking thr rules.

Reactions: 7
She does a lot wrong. But you are allowed a support bubble if you have a baby under 1. So this time shes not breaking thr rules.
I didn’t say it was wrong at this point, but she’s clearly been breaking rules before rafe came. Also, the point actually was about her calling people out for being privileged as she sits in her big house with no money worries with her husband at home and her mum.

Reactions: 12
She’s not breaking the rules at the moment but she has just admitted that she would break the rules if they changed them to something that didn’t suit her.
That’s exactly the kind of attitude that has got us into this mess, people doing what suits them and thinking they’re the exception to the rule.

Reactions: 21
I didn’t say it was wrong at this point, but she’s clearly been breaking rules before rafe came. Also, the point actually was about her calling people out for being privileged as she sits in her big house with no money worries with her husband at home and her mum.
I don’t know whether this is true but maybe her mum lives alone? In which case she can have a support bubble 🤷🏻‍♀️

Even if she would break the rules, probably best NOT to broadcast that on her platform. Where she is an influencer and therefore might influence others to do the same! head.

Reactions: 13
I don’t know whether this is true but maybe her mum lives alone? In which case she can have a support bubble 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ok fair enough. Still showing a disregard of rules though, as someone else has said she is an ‘influencer’ and shouldn’t broadcast it how she feels about it. Especially as it clearly said they wasn’t changing the rules for support bubbles.

Reactions: 3
She is perfectly in her rights to have her mum, who is single and lives alone, there as a bubble. Fine. But really? This story is awful. She has openly talked loads about how hard it was when she had Robin and Chris was away with work so this time she should be feeling lucky that he’s there and can help her. Plus she has her mum. She should be acknowledging how bloody lucky she is and reaching out with ideas of support for those women who may have had babies recently and be completely on their own. Insensitive and privileged, as always 🙄

Reactions: 14
Her mum lives alone. I am sure she mentioned on the podcast her mum had moved in whilst she was getting work done on her flat. I am guessing and has decided to stay so she can support them, see the kids and not be on her own. I’d I had the space in my house I’d do the same with my mum

She is legally allowed to bubble with her mum as she lives alone and they have a child under one so she is not breaking any rules.
Having a newborn is hard especially recovering from a caesarean but she does have her husband at home full time which is a lot more than most.
I was riddled with anxiety yesterday over the prospect of not having our childcare bubble as I rely on family to take care of my toddler whilst my husband and I work.
I feel like she doing it for engagement. I can’t see any other reason why she would need to post that when it’s been confirmed that bubbles are staying :rolleyes:
I wish she would just stay off instagram and enjoy her “maternity leave”.

Reactions: 5
There are so many rules within support bubbles and you can only form one. if her mum does live alone then she can only have one support bubble and the support would normally be for her benefit. By forming a support bubble with the Ramsey’s then this would mean she could not visit her other daughter or her other son.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.