Rosie Ramsey #2 Has a gorgeous son, loves a sing along, where's the wine gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really disappointed they’ve accepted all that free stuff when they can more than afford to buy the best of everything themselves. They could have done a giveaway or asked for it to be donated to someone who really needs it instead.
Not a good way to endear yourselves to the public, especially in the current situation with people losing their jobs left right and centre.

There is a #gifted at the bottom.
It’s interesting that everyone here professes that they’d turn free stuff down or give it away. I call BS on that. Also, brands gift stuff to these peope because they are the ones with the followers and whonwill get them sales. It doesn’t benefit them for it to be passed on to charity as then they don’t get the coverage.
View attachment 296303
This is totally obscene. How can she not see how greedy this looks? She was at a food bank onlythe other day. Why would they send two nappy bins and two prep machines too? Couldn’t she donate these to a women’s shelter or something?
you do realise that sometimes brands don’t even ask and they just send stuff anyway and you literally don’t know when stuff is going to arrive.

Reactions: 11
It’s interesting that everyone here professes that they’d turn free stuff down or give it away. I call BS on that. Also, brands gift stuff to these peope because they are the ones with the followers and whonwill get them sales. It doesn’t benefit them for it to be on to charity as then they don’t get the coverage.

you do realise that sometimes brands don’t even ask and they just send stuff anyway and you literally don’t know when stuff is going to arrive.
And? It doesn’t mean she has to lord it all over IG gushing her thanks and tagging them. She isn’t obliged to advertise for them because they send her free stuff. It’s the fact she willingly accepts the free gifts that makes her greedy.

Reactions: 16
And? It doesn’t mean she has to lord it all over IG gushing her thanks and tagging them. She isn’t obliged to advertise for them because they send her free stuff. It’s the fact she willingly accepts the free gifts that makes her greedy.
No that is EXACTLY what it means. If brands send you stuff then you advertise it. It would be bloody ungrateful to receive free stuff and not advertise it. Her work is literally Instagram and ‘influencing’.

Reactions: 13
No that is EXACTLY what it means. If brands send you stuff then you advertise it. It would be bloody ungrateful to receive free stuff and not advertise it. Her work is literally Instagram and ‘influencing’.
I absolutely agree however she could just donate it once she's done? Or ask the brand if she can advertise the product for them with the mention of donating it. Surely that also looks good for the brand as well

Reactions: 9
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

new thread title: moan moan, groan groan, cruising around in £50k motor home

• Haha
Reactions: 30
No, she could decline the free stuff and ask that they donate it to a charity instead and then post about that. That way Tommee tippee still get their advertising on her Instagram. I have seen influencers do this before!

Reactions: 22
No, she could decline the free stuff and ask that they donate it to a charity instead and then post about that. That way Tommee tippee still get their advertising on her Instagram. I have seen influencers do this before!
Exactly this! And fwiw, I would have declined any freebie offered. I’m lucky I was in a position to buy everything our baby needed and Feathering The Empty Nest posted a very kind “thanks but no thanks I have everything we need” post - the Ramseys could take a leaf from her book. There’s a big difference between gracious and grabby.

Reactions: 16
I can’t believe there are people defending her! If I had been gifted free stuff, no I wouldnt turn it down but Im (a) not a millionaire and (b) wasn’t preaching only a couple days ago about food banks!

it shows her food bank posts were not genuine, she doesn’t actually care about those in need. As somebody else said, just because she can accept them doesn’t mean she should.

also, the point about companies gifting people without telling them - I do agree this does happen however there was NOTHING stopping her from posting how generous Tommie tippee have been but in the current climate she believes the items are better placed in a womans refuge or similar. Plenty of other people with lots of followers on the gram do good things like that! What’s stopping her? She doesn’t actually care, she only cares about money and fame.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think I read (might have even been on here?) that she mentioned on the podcast/somewhere that Chris gave her an allowance every month, so she doesn’t seem to have full access to the money which I find a bit strange.
Don’t blame him, he needs to protect his cash. I think In their situation that she hasn’t previously contributed to the household heavily that it’s his cash. However now she’s an ’influencer’ she may be earning her keep. Still not sure who she influences now and who would buy something because of her? Nor liking that piece of material over her head.😙

Reactions: 3
Exactly - surely that’s better advertising for firms if their products go to people in desperate need with the added bonus of raising the profile of people in need via someone with a large social media following? The hypocrisy of encouraging us all to support food banks etc then go on an expensive mini break to London (whilst we’re all supposed to be minimising travel) and then accept a bunch of unneeded freebies is breathtaking

Reactions: 10
I mean she’s got to do a giveaway, right? Who would need two Perfect Prep machines?
I just think, yet again, they haven’t read the room at all here. She visited a bloody food bank last week and was going on about how people are struggling, and now the shows an actual ceiling high pile of freebies from Tommee Tippee!! It would do hers and TTs PR so much more good if they donated this

Reactions: 12
New thread title - “Rosie & Chris, Rosie & Chris, Chugging along on the freebie gravy train”

(Anyone remember Rosie & Jim?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It’s interesting that everyone here professes that they’d turn free stuff down or give it away. I call BS on that. Also, brands gift stuff to these peope because they are the ones with the followers and whonwill get them sales. It doesn’t benefit them for it to be passed on to charity as then they don’t get the coverage.
I wouldn’t turn down a freebie personally as I’ve just been made redundant, so I’d gladly accept. However if I had their money I absolutely would give it away, there’s no need for it.
I know why brands give things away to influencers with large followings, giving them to any old person won’t increase their sales but if Rosie had done a giveaway or raffle for the baby stuff then that definitely would have increased sales for TT and been much better PR for all parties.

Reactions: 10
I understand why companies send freebies out (it’s all advertising) but when she’s just visited a foodbank she could have either donated it and still do a big insta reveal of what was sent or kept it and wheeled it all out when the baby had arrived. Everyone loves a freebie and I find those with the most money are the most frugal/tight!!!

Reactions: 3
She could even give one of each thing away And it’s still plenty left for her!

Yes we all love a freebie BUT just days after visiting a food bank when you are a millionaire then no It’s So insensitive to accept this amount of freebies! Buying all that themselves wouldn’t even make a dent!

Reactions: 8
I'm still annoyed at her for accepting all those freebies. It wouldn't have normally bothered me quite this much but the fact only days ago she was preaching about food banks is the height of hypocrisy

Reactions: 9
I'm still annoyed at her for accepting all those freebies. It wouldn't have normally bothered me quite this much but the fact only days ago she was preaching about food banks is the height of hypocrisy
The post has been taken down

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.