Rosie Ramsey #2 Has a gorgeous son, loves a sing along, where's the wine gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She and Chris are the guests on today's episode of the Table Manners podcast hosted by Jessie Ware and her mum.
£600 on wine from fortnum. and mason at start of lockdown apparently ... these microwave curry / bread ads must pay well 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 12
£600 on wine from fortnum. and mason at start of lockdown apparently ... these microwave curry / bread ads must pay well 🤔
She has hit the jackpot with him and I think she knows it. She'd never be able to sustain the lifestyle they lead off her own back!

Reactions: 12
The only thing I can compare it to here is people will say how's the baby or this for the baby yadda yadda but rarely passed 1 yo!
My inlaws (from here in the north east, v close to Rosie, though I'm not so I notice some speech patterns more than they would ( I have plenty of my own scots phrases! )) still call my husband "the bairn" sometimes - he's 49.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My Dad still refer to me as the bairn (youngest of 5) & I’m nearly 40. From Rosie’s neck of the wood so a word I hear very often

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bairn aside, I do find Rosie’s use of regional slang to be excessive. Maybe I’ve been out of north east too long but sometimes I swear she only uses some words so she or Chris can give a patronising definition to the audience who don’t have a clue what they are saying - this morning was a case in pointing, prattling on about the word “clamming”. I dialed down my use of slang when I left Teesside because people outside the region didn’t understand me.

Reactions: 11
I’m Scottish and lived here all my life, I guessed clamming meant hungry but I didn’t know it was a Scottish word 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Getting really close to messaging her to stop eating on her stories, do not need to see half eaten biscuits in her mouth ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sunderland road area? well that’s not Cleadon 😅
They often talk in quite a lot of detail about the area they live. I guessed if you were local to Sunderland you’d probably guess where they live. A bit like us Scottish people who can tell where certain ‘influencers’ live because of their photos 🤣

Reactions: 1
I’m Scottish and lived here all my life, I guessed clamming meant hungry but I didn’t know it was a Scottish word 😂
Yeah. I’m Scottish. Came to north east in 1994. And I’ve only heard clamming down here in the south. Not a Scottish word.
She’s right about oxters though. I’ll give her that. (Those?)

Reactions: 2
harton Village. Where did she say they lived in Whitburn and cleadon towers? Chris always refers to Harton village.
A story a few months ago on IG she said she lived in Whitburn. Then I’m listening to early SMA podcasts around ep 12? She says she Lives in Cleadon towers.

Yeah. I’m Scottish. Came to north east in 1994. And I’ve only heard clamming down here in the south. Not a Scottish word.
She’s right about oxters though. I’ll give her that. (Those?)
The word Oxsters brings back a heap of memories for me. I too am Scottish and my grandma was born and bred in Fittie in Aberdeen and they all spoke fluent Doric there 😂 “mine and wash your oxsters” she would say 😂

Reactions: 3
Bairn aside, I do find Rosie’s use of regional slang to be excessive. Maybe I’ve been out of north east too long but sometimes I swear she only uses some words so she or Chris can give a patronising definition to the audience who don’t have a clue what they are saying - this morning was a case in pointing, prattling on about the word “clamming”. I dialed down my use of slang when I left Teesside because people outside the region didn’t understand me.
Yes! Excessive is how I felt at the start of this weeks pod! And by the end of it she's lowered it way down.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.