Rosie Ramsey #2 Has a gorgeous son, loves a sing along, where's the wine gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The camper van was no more risky than going to the supermarket 🙄 they went to outdoor places. And if you weren’t allowed on trains they wouldn’t be running. If you weren’t allowed in hotels they wouldn’t be open. If you weren’t allowed in bars they wouldn’t be open. Shall I go on?

I know people who worked on the Covid wards and they were out and about everywhere!

I’ll be going back to work in a school with 1500 other people in one building in September with no masks allowed. If I’m ok to be doing that then I’m sure a woman meeting her mum and sister is fine.
My comments were only based on the NHS advice that pregnant women stay at home as much as possible and follow the advice on social distancing - just seems odd to to go go on two breaks away given this. The advice is quite clear still about family bubbles and she doesn’t appear to have followed this - so many asymptomatic cases if I were pregnant i’d be erring on the side of caution but I respect your view.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My comments were only based on the NHS advice that pregnant stay at home as much as possible and follow the advice on social distancing - just seems odd to to go go on two breaks away given this. The advice is quite clear still about family bubbles and she doesn’t appear to have followed this - so many asymptomatic cases if I were pregnant i’d be erring in the side of caution but I respect your view.
Well said - I think lots of people (influencers or not) have decided that because they’re bored of social distancing that they don’t have to do it anymore...

Reactions: 13
I agree, I don’t think she shouldn’t have posted them going against the rules. If you’re going to do it at least don’t broadcast it to everyone.
Sadly it seems that lots of people aren’t bothering to follow the guidelines anymore.

Reactions: 7
One picture is from the number 10 twitter account (yesterday), one from Rosie. Does that look like at least 1 metre distance to you?
So when I go back to work in 2 weeks with over a thousand people do you really think I’ll be social distancing the whole time? Will I hell. It will be impossible for me to social distance. But that’s ok they are only from hundreds of different households. Not just the three we see in the pic.

I agree, I don’t think she shouldn’t have posted them going against the rules. If you’re going to do it at least don’t broadcast it to everyone.
Sadly it seems that lots of people aren’t bothering to follow the guidelines anymore.
No because the guidelines are all over the place. So people can fly of to another country in a air conditioned plane with hundreds of people but a woman can’t meet her sister and mum. Doesn’t that sound a bit ridiculous?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So when I go back to work in 2 weeks with over a thousand people do you really think I’ll be social distancing the whole time? Will I hell. It will be impossible for me to social distance. But that’s ok they are only from hundreds of different households. Not just the three we see in the pic.
I am also a teacher and teach small children. If I saw any of the parents from my class flagrantly breaking the rules and posting it online, my respect for them would vanish as they clearly don’t care for my wellbeing or the wellbeing of the children in my class. I have no choice but to go to work in 2 weeks with no mask and probably little social distancing. The risk can be minimised if people follow the rules in their personal life. It’s not black and white like if you can’t distance in one respect you should just do whatever you like, unnecessary contact should not be happening. Yes go for a meal, yes get the train, yes go to the pub if that’s what you want to do, but follow the social distancing rules to minimise risk for everyone.

Also nobody is saying don’t meet up with people, you can do that without pushing your faces together. I met with a friend last week and I managed not to put my face on her face, it’s not hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s hardly at an illegal rave! She met with her mum and sister 🤣
You heard it first here guys, you’re only breaking the rules if you go to an illegal rave! Feel free to do anything else you fancy, don’t worry about the consequences!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I am someone who was pregnant during covid- I left work on a Tuesday in March and haven’t returned since- as a pregnant woman why would you risk the health of your unborn child? For me there simply isn’t enough knowledge, research or continuity in advice for anyone, let alone those who are pregnant.
In the 5 month between me leaving work and having my baby I saw no one- and I mean no one outside of my house except for medical professionals!
I just think influencers like Rosie have some level of responsibility to at least look as though they are trying to follow guidance. Especially as we are looking likely to have local lockdowns in parts of the north east!

Reactions: 13
My comments were only based on the NHS advice that pregnant women stay at home as much as possible and follow the advice on social distancing - just seems odd to to go go on two breaks away given this. The advice is quite clear still about family bubbles and she doesn’t appear to have followed this - so many asymptomatic cases if I were pregnant i’d be erring on the side of caution but I respect your view.
to be fair, I don’t think that is the NHS guidance any more. I’m pregnant and midwife has said just be mindful of distance outside of your bubble but you can go out and about as you usually would. They only recommend shielding in the 3rd trimester if you have a heart condition too

(not that that means I’m getting on trains and going shopping in city centres!)

Reactions: 8

No because the guidelines are all over the place. So people can fly of to another country in a air conditioned plane with hundreds of people but a woman can’t meet her sister and mum. Doesn’t that sound a bit ridiculous?
I agree it’s a shambles because of the government, my point was that lots of people are breaking the rules, but when you have a large following it’s probably best not to broadcast it to everyone or you will get criticism. I actually really like Rosie but I just think that was misjudged.

Reactions: 4
So I'm absolutely not defending broadcasting breaking the rules and squishing their faces together all for the gram (did we really need a photo of the three of them!) But if their mum has bubbled up with one of them then she counts as part of their household so it's two households rather than 3 so they can stay the night together, but absolutely social distancing is meant to be adhered too even in those circumstances.

I don't really understand why the rules are being broken (other than the Cummings fiasco peeing everyone off) the rules are clear, yes they are ridiculous in that you can go to a theme park but only see one other household in your garden - but all the weird measures such as pubs, shops, cinemas etc it's all for the economy - what's awful is instagrammers doing what they want with no acknowledgment that it gives people authority to copy. The logic is with schools etc parents should minimise how many connections the kid has to try and make schools as safe for everyone

Reactions: 3
to be fair, I don’t think that is the NHS guidance any more. I’m pregnant and midwife has said just be mindful of distance outside of your bubble but you can go out and about as you usually would. They only recommend shielding in the 3rd trimester if you have a heart condition too

(not that that means I’m getting on trains and going shopping in city centres!)

It's still the advice on the NHS web - but I appreciate things are updating and changing all the time and the guidance of your midwife is obviously best https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/pregnancy-and-coronavirus/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I thought it was up to 6 individuals from separate households or 2 households? So the 3 of them are fine, the close proximity isn't!

I may well be wrong though.

Reactions: 5
I mean to all those saying 'the rules are quite clear', the amount of contradictory info just on this thread alone suggests otherwise. I don't know about you lot but I haven't got a bastard clue what I can and can't do now 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
The main point is, she has quite literally actively decided to become a fully fledged instagrammer, so has a certain amount of responsibility to follow the rules (at least for the gram) same goes to all the others who have broadcast themselves breaking the rules.
Also is there 2 separate pages for Rosie? Eg a rave one?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I can’t moan about her going out and about whilst pregnant and meeting up with her family. I am 20 weeks pregnant, have a husband that works a lot of hours a week and 2 small children. I have to be going out and about or we just wouldn’t be getting anything done! I do the food shops, take my kids out on walks, work almost full time hours some of which are in the office etc. To say that pregnant women are putting their unborn child at risk is completely unfair. Yes we don’t know what all of the risks are yet but we are also advised by midwives that we can do things just adhering to social distancing especially up to 28 weeks.

I know that Rosie is in a more privileged position than most especially as she has Chris at home to do a lot of the things that some people may see as higher risk, but there’s no rule stopping her from going away for the weekend etc just because she’s pregnant! If she wants to go then she can!

She still annoys the absolute crap out of me with her constant singing and mentioning her pregnancy every millisecond, but I can’t bemoan her trying to make the best of a bad situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The main point is, she has quite literally actively decided to become a fully fledged instagrammer, so has a certain amount of responsibility to follow the rules (at least for the gram) same goes to all the others who have broadcast themselves breaking the rules.
Also is there 2 separate pages for Rosie? Eg a rave one?
Yeh she has a rave thread too!!

I can’t moan about her going out and about whilst pregnant and meeting up with her family. I am 20 weeks pregnant, have a husband that works a lot of hours a week and 2 small children. I have to be going out and about or we just wouldn’t be getting anything done! I do the food shops, take my kids out on walks, work almost full time hours some of which are in the office etc. To say that pregnant women are putting their unborn child at risk is completely unfair. Yes we don’t know what all of the risks are yet but we are also advised by midwives that we can do things just adhering to social distancing especially up to 28 weeks.

I know that Rosie is in a more privileged position than most especially as she has Chris at home to do a lot of the things that some people may see as higher risk, but there’s no rule stopping her from going away for the weekend etc just because she’s pregnant! If she wants to go then she can!

She still annoys the absolute crap out of me with her constant singing and mentioning her pregnancy every millisecond, but I can’t bemoan her trying to make the best of a bad situation.
Nobody is saying don’t go out or go away for the weekend, people are saying everyone (pregnant or not) should be distancing and taking appropriate precautions, not posting selfies showing that you’re not following social distancing because you think that your followers absolutely need to see proof of every single little thing you do.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.