Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks sore to be fair…. The thought of USA medical bills would make anyone’s eyes water 🫣

Reactions: 9
I had one once and it's horrific. Hope it clears for her soon I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Reactions: 3
I had one once and it's horrific. Hope it clears for her soon I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
I've had styes in the past, but never that bad and never needed antibiotics or medical treatment.

Maybe it's my parenting style but I was sort of taken aback when she said on stories that her meds were ready when she went to collect the baby from the childminder, but chose to come straight home in case he would throw a wobbler if his routine was changed and they didn't go home. Like, it's understandable if it's to go pick something unnecessary up, but Rosemary needed that medication ASAP. Sometimes you have to put your well being before your childs rigid schedule. Having a sick mammy will lead to an unhappier baby in my experience. One of mine was a clingy toddler but if I needed to get meds to make me better, I'd be damned with the routine and get the meds! Would that be just me? Not giving out about her parenting, but in the same reel she said that the doc said she could end up in hospital if it wasn't treated. I just don't understand the logic whereby you are prolonging suffering and illness to yourself just to avoid a tantrum.

Reactions: 17
I've had styes in the past, but never that bad and never needed antibiotics or medical treatment.

Maybe it's my parenting style but I was sort of taken aback when she said on stories that her meds were ready when she went to collect the baby from the childminder, but chose to come straight home in case he would throw a wobbler if his routine was changed and they didn't go home. Like, it's understandable if it's to go pick something unnecessary up, but Rosemary needed that medication ASAP. Sometimes you have to put your well being before your childs rigid schedule. Having a sick mammy will lead to an unhappier baby in my experience. One of mine was a clingy toddler but if I needed to get meds to make me better, I'd be damned with the routine and get the meds! Would that be just me? Not giving out about her parenting, but in the same reel she said that the doc said she could end up in hospital if it wasn't treated. I just don't understand the logic whereby you are prolonging suffering and illness to yourself just to avoid a tantrum.
It was only going to be a couple of hours before the husband collected them. I would have gone home as well. Dealing with a cranky, overtired child who probably wouldn't sleep later would be worse IMHO.

Reactions: 6
It was only going to be a couple of hours before the husband collected them. I would have gone home as well. Dealing with a cranky, overtired child who probably wouldn't sleep later would be worse IMHO.
Same. Dealing with an overtired screaming toddler is far harder to deal with

Reactions: 5
She's been talking about financial issues but then buys Dr Maarten sandals for the sake of fashion 🤷‍♂️

Edited as I see she's returned them but they're still #AF. I don't get it. Just buy a comfortable non branded summer sandal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
After being told that if it got any worse she would be hospitalised?

I nearly ended up in hospital with a kidney infection a few years ago. I went from being uncomfortable with what I thought was a UTI to being doubled over with back pain within the space of 2 hours. Only because I rang my GP at 4.30 in the afternoon and he told me to come straight in because there's certain infections you just can't mess with. He told me had I waited until the following morning that he would have been sending me to A&E to have my kidneys flushed out.

I just wouldn't risk my own health like that. I used to think I was immortal, I was never sick, never been in hospital and then when I had kids my mindset switched to what if I did get really sick who would be there for them. I really began to feel my own mortality the older I got and my outlook totally changed. I really value my health, particularly when I see so many people my age diagnosed with various things that literally have stopped them in their tracks, with both mental health and physical health issues.

Reactions: 9
Her newsletter was talking about how she is going through depression again.
I know she's mentioned a few times recently but jesus that was just so sad to read. The bit about how her mam "would" call makes it seem like the poor woman has passed, she must be missing home terribly.

I know she's mentioned a few times recently but jesus that was just so sad to read. The bit about how her mam "would" call makes it seem like the poor woman has passed, she must be missing home terribly.
It was so sad and felt like a real insight into living with depression. Poor Rosemary

It doesn't make it sound like she passed away she's simply saying if she lived near by she might pop in.

Reactions: 6
I pre-ordered the book today after she posted that it's 20% off, there's free shipping too which was the cherry on top for me!.
I know it'll be different entirely, but the newsletter today reminded me how much I like her writing style. Had a wee cry after the newsletter, as someone who can't really describe feelings at all, it was really refreshing to see it described so succinctly.

• Heart
Reactions: 18