Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re her latest reel.... I really don't think influencers are short of people messaging them telling them how amazing they are and how much they look up to them etc. That's the problem with a lot of these insta huns, their vanity just thrives off followers licking their hole! P.S I love Rosemary and I do not put her in the Insta hun category 😆

Reactions: 4
Re her latest reel.... I really don't think influencers are short of people messaging them telling them how amazing they are and how much they look up to them etc. That's the problem with a lot of these insta huns, their vanity just thrives off followers licking their hole! P.S I love Rosemary and I do not put her in the Insta hun category 😆
But have you messaged her to tell her you love her? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Conflicted about this one. A lot of influencers are criticised for valid reasons. Rosemary by contrast actually gets very little flack because she conducts herself quite well. It may be a job but I firmly believe influencers don’t add any value to the world. They encourage overconsumption. They frequently exploit their children. There are a huge number of influencers in Ireland alone and yet nurses, midwives, teachers, doctors and trades are in short supply. I won’t be messaging any of them to tell them how wonderful they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Conflicted about this one. A lot of influencers are criticised for valid reasons. Rosemary by contrast actually gets very little flack because she conducts herself quite well. It may be a job but I firmly believe influencers don’t add any value to the world. They encourage overconsumption. They frequently exploit their children. There are a huge number of influencers in Ireland alone and yet nurses, midwives, teachers, doctors and trades are in short supply. I won’t be messaging any of them to tell them how wonderful they are.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This generation we are living in with "influencers" I resent it. Overconsumption is exactly what they promote. I hate that I'm not one of the few ppl who are off all social media,I should really consider it.

Reactions: 7
I actually like Rosemary and her content, particularly as she's not afraid to admit she has changed her mind about things e.g. having children.
However the majority of Irish influencers do not create positive content. They create content aimed at encouraging mass consumerism, pay for very little and promote anything for money. It's disgusting and if you actually critique them you are blocked. They also get plenty of comments from sheeple fawning over them which feeds their already overinflated sense of self.

Rosemary, as you said you read here, your podcast is well liked, your content is usually very good, don't drag yourself down by trying to associate or empathise with the likes of FBG, Rosie, Lisa, Sue, Aoibhe, etc. This thread has been active for over 18 months and 14 pages, there's not a lot of negative critique for you.

Reactions: 29
I really feel Rosemary (and anyone else jumping on the Taylor fatphobia bandwagon) is missing the point in her Anti Hero video. She is talking about body dismorphia and ED, she is well aware she is thin but no matter what she looks like or the number the scales say she will always feel she needs to be smaller. In my opinion this is not a Taylor issue it's society's problem. I don't think any woman stands on the scales and feels happy. Joe Wicks named it perfectly - 'The Sad Step'. I haven't weighed myself in years apart from at the doctors when they take the measurements.

Reactions: 16
I really feel Rosemary (and anyone else jumping on the Taylor fatphobia bandwagon) is missing the point in her Anti Hero video. She is talking about body dismorphia and ED, she is well aware she is thin but no matter what she looks like or the number the scales say she will always feel she needs to be smaller. In my opinion this is not a Taylor issue it's society's problem. I don't think any woman stands on the scales and feels happy. Joe Wicks named it perfectly - 'The Sad Step'. I haven't weighed myself in years apart from at the doctors when they take the measurements.
I read the article and some of the comments, I think RMC has missed the mark on this one massively, she mentioned on some of the comments that by stepping on the scales she was telling her fans who were fat that her greatest fear was being like them? Don't know how she came to that conclusion. It's fairly obvious that it was all about her feelings, and her thoughts. I think a line from the song is literally I'm the problem, it's me.

I know another comment mentioned about being too PC, maybe that wasn't the right word to use but it's certainly looking for offence at every corner. Nothing wrong with being PC at all, but looking to be offended through others music must be exhausting.

Reactions: 11
Her and Louise McSharry are slimphobic. They are constantly moaning about how society is to fat people but never give any positive advice apart from “duck skinny people and their body dismorphia”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her and Louise McSharry are slimphobic. They are constantly moaning about how society is to fat people but never give any positive advice apart from “duck skinny people and their body dismorphia”
I don’t think Rosemary is slim phobic in quite the same way as louise mcsharry.

I find Rosemary (possibly as she’s now happy in her personal life) to be accepting of herself and not bothered or threatened by others.

I’m overweight myself and it’s sucks how people judge you on it. People treat you as weak, greedy and not worth knowing. I could get skinny if I chose but that won’t make me a better person. People do treat thin people better so much in life. It’s really weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t think Rosemary is slim phobic in quite the same way as louise mcsharry.

I find Rosemary (possibly as she’s now happy in her personal life) to be accepting of herself and not bothered or threatened by others.

I’m overweight myself and it’s sucks how people judge you on it. People treat you as weak, greedy and not worth knowing. I could get skinny if I chose but that won’t make me a better person. People do treat thin people better so much in life. It’s really weird.
100% I’m a fat person myself but I just think the entire “scandal” about TS is ridiculous and damaging. Slim people can still view themselves as fat and that not a bad thing. Rosemary is jumping on the TS hate train as if she didn’t have severely disordered body image when she was literally eating mince for breakfast. I’d have thought she’d known better

Reactions: 10
I haven’t fully tuned into the TS thing. Partly from a bit of self preservation… I’m hoping that TS was trying to make a point that was badly missed… I’ll delve into things a bit later…

Just to illustrate my own experiences… my Mam and sisters were discussing someone we know… sis said ‘when is her wedding’ Mam said ‘next summer, but I hope she loses at least some of the weight first’ ….. stayers no sagely… I eventually say, when I knew I’d control over my voice ‘she doesn’t have to lose weight first, they are a very gentle happy couple, they are happy as they are’…..

Think they forgot I was there tbh

I dunno. As a non fat woman who has mostly been non fat for most of my life and also deeply feared and/or believed I was "fat" almost all of that time: I can relate to Tay Tay. This is what growing up in the 80s and 90s landed most of us with. We traded diet tips at school and bought magazines with heroin-skinny models on the cover and thought that was what we were supposed to look like. The fact that Taylor is deeply not in any way fat was sort of the point to me.

I get where Rosemary is coming from, yeah she could've used "ugly" or whatever instead to avoid hurting her overweight fans, but wouldn't that diminish the point she was making, i.e that "fat" is such a heavily weaponised word, and that as a collective women are conditioned to fear it?

Reactions: 18
Rosemary, let the Taylor tit go. She removed it from the video, what more do you want?

I like Rosemary, I do but as I've said elsewhere she's missed the mark on it and reposting content that agrees with her line of thinking is just more damaging I think - if I wanted to find a source that said the earth was flat or the sky was green and the grass blue, I'd find it, so reposting this is just a "look, I'm right, see" manoeuvre which is a bit juvenile I think.

Again, I do like Rosemary but can be a bit much sometimes putting her opinion down everyone else's throats. Of all the comments I read on her insta (of which some had very valid points and interesting views) she replied to none of them with a : good point/touché/interesting/oh I never saw it like that, they were all no/you're wrong/this is why you're wrong type comments.

Reactions: 9
I like Rosemary, I do but as I've said elsewhere she's missed the mark on it and reposting content that agrees with her line of thinking is just more damaging I think - if I wanted to find a source that said the earth was flat or the sky was green and the grass blue, I'd find it, so reposting this is just a "look, I'm right, see" manoeuvre which is a bit juvenile I think.

Again, I do like Rosemary but can be a bit much sometimes putting her opinion down everyone else's throats. Of all the comments I read on her insta (of which some had very valid points and interesting views) she replied to none of them with a : good point/touché/interesting/oh I never saw it like that, they were all no/you're wrong/this is why you're wrong type comments.
Completely agree. I've raved about her on here and find her self awareness on the pod very refreshing but it's seriously lacking here. She is just projecting insecurities onto Taylor, in my opinion. Also Taylor Swift is such an easy punching bag for these things. Lizzo and Beyonce had lyrics with 'spazz' in them recently and there wasn't nearly as much up roar. That is so much worse, and completely thoughtless if you ask me.

Reactions: 6
Wouldn’t be her biggest fan but feel very sorry for her over the situation with Coilean and hope no one gives her tit over it

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She adore(d) Coilean. Hopefully works out okay for her and her parents. Would hate to see the poor thing needing to be surrendered 😢

She adore(d) Coilean. Hopefully works out okay for her and her parents. Would hate to see the poor thing needing to be surrendered 😢
I’d say someone will take her in. Feel sorry for Rosemary being so upset. Hope her mum recovers ok too…must be difficult having elderly parents at home