Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel very sorry for Rosemary. I just hope her parents rethink it. My parents are older and have a dog. The dog is older too!

Reactions: 2
Reading between the lines I think maybe her mum tripped over the dog…such a horrible situation for them all🥹

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Reading between the lines I think maybe her mum tripped over the dog…such a horrible situation for them all🥹
Oh I didn’t realise that. How awful. I’m sure someone will help. I would if I had room

While I sympathise with the situation, the parents were elderly when they took the dog on and one incident shouldn’t lead to getting rid of it.
I would say Vinny will be sent the same way in a few years time, like with the husband’s cats.

Reactions: 7
Will one of them move back to be there for the parents I wonder? Hard going both kids in America.

Reactions: 3
How would a broken wrist mean the mother can’t travel for Christmas? Not asking in an arsey way, am genuinely curious! Also I would love if Liam took the dog. She loved him.

Reactions: 8
How would a broken wrist mean the mother can’t travel for Christmas? Not asking in an arsey way, am genuinely curious! Also I would love if Liam took the dog. She loved him.
She just may not be comfortable with travelling in that situ - also there could be more to it, that Rosemary isnt sharing so i wouldnt be reading too much into it.

She just may not be comfortable with travelling in that situ - also there could be more to it, that Rosemary isnt sharing so i wouldnt be reading too much into it.
I missed this, where does she say the mum can’t travel? I listened back to the stories and didn’t hear her say this.

How long could Coilean have left? Awful rehoming a dog at that age, there has to be other options for what life she has left in her.
Mad to think Coilean, the dog she loved enough to get a tattoo of on her forearm, could potentially be surrendered.

I missed this, where does she say the mum can’t travel? I listened back to the stories and didn’t hear her say this.
I heard it on her stories.

I heard it on her stories.
[/QUOTE]
Ah sorry I found where it was.

I really feel for her and Beatrice that the parents can’t travel over. They seem like a really close family and especially since rosemary can’t travel home for the foreseeable while she waits for her green card.

Reactions: 5
Will one of them move back to be there for the parents I wonder? Hard going both kids in America.
Very difficult for rosemary given her step children
And I don’t think Beatrice would uproot her 4 kids - plus she seems to have a decent career that she wouldn’t have in Ireland

I wonder who looks after Coilean when the parents have visited them, and have stayed for considerable periods. Difficult situation.

Did she get Coilean with Liam originally? I didn’t follow her back then.

People who don’t fully commit to their animals are the worst kind of people.
And this isn’t the first incidence of that happening with this one. She’s the flakiest person ever yet still takes on animals just to dump them later.

Reactions: 10
People who don’t fully commit to their animals are the worst kind of people.
And this isn’t the first incidence of that happening with this one. She’s the flakiest person ever yet still takes on animals just to dump them later.
What else happened like this?

Reactions: 1
I agree - I think theres more to this, like perhaps the parents are eyeing up a move to the US, as pointed out its not very practical for either R or B to move back to Ireland.

I really don't think its fair for them to be trying to rehome that poor dog again. She's 10+ now, thats far too late for a dog to be rejected and uprooted again. Not to mention, you're basically asking people to take on huge vet bills and end of life care in the not too distant future.

My parents are both in their late 70's and have animals. They'd need to be in a coma before looking to rehome any of their animals (2 cats, 1 dog). Actually the dog who is younger and more active than Coileann keeps them both active in a good way. I know her mothers broken wrist is a hassle, but its temporary and an elderly dog is not going to be jumping around like a puppy getting under peoples feet - even Rosemarys stories said that she sleeps a lot these days, totally normal for an older dog.

I honestly think the upset is more about Rosemary knowing that they're not doing right by that dog.

Reactions: 11
What else happened like this?

Seconding this. I can't recall any other instance of anything similar and I've been following her years

I agree - I think theres more to this, like perhaps the parents are eyeing up a move to the US, as pointed out its not very practical for either R or B to move back to Ireland.

I really don't think its fair for them to be trying to rehome that poor dog again. She's 10+ now, thats far too late for a dog to be rejected and uprooted again. Not to mention, you're basically asking people to take on huge vet bills and end of life care in the not too distant future.

My parents are both in their late 70's and have animals. They'd need to be in a coma before looking to rehome any of their animals (2 cats, 1 dog). Actually the dog who is younger and more active than Coileann keeps them both active in a good way. I know her mothers broken wrist is a hassle, but its temporary and an elderly dog is not going to be jumping around like a puppy getting under peoples feet - even Rosemarys stories said that she sleeps a lot these days, totally normal for an older dog.

I honestly think the upset is more about Rosemary knowing that they're not doing right by that dog.
I think there's more to it and she (rightfully) doesn't need to disclose her family's medical details to the world

Reactions: 8