Rochelle Humes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone would else would be the complete opposite and declaring they’d got a bargain! There’s no embarrassment in it! Nob!

Reactions: 7
Ummmm wonder what exactly Marvin means by this, are these clothes for blacks only I wonder?
Nobody says clothes are only for white people (not whites, mind) when we used to see ads with only white people in it?

Give it a rest. If you don’t understand why it’s so important and refreshing to see black people in a ad campaign that’s fine, but don’t make out it’s reverse racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
That’s not what he’s saying
What's he saying?

Nobody says clothes are only for white people (not whites, mind) when we used to see ads with only white people in it?

Give it a rest. If you don’t understand why it’s so important and refreshing to see black people in a ad campaign that’s fine, but don’t make out it’s reverse racism.
Have you never seen blacks before in advertising? Why is this refreshing, because all of them are black?

Yes it's reverse racism, and its not needed.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What's he saying?

Have you never seen blacks before in advertising? Why is this refreshing, because all of them are black?

That is great to see the black community included....

Reactions: 12
What's he saying?

Firstly, stop saying blacks. It’s black people.
Secondly, up until very recently, black people weren’t highlighted in advertising - they would either be in the back or not in copy at all. Source: have worked in the industry for years. Using black people in copy reflects the diverse country we live in. A bit like when Tesco did Ramadan ads - they make loads of money at that time, it’s important to show that they do cater to that community.

Racism is intrinsically when you discriminate against other people. One ad with sharply dressed black men isnt stopping white people from shopping at Next. Stop reaching.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That is great to see the black community included....
Aren't they normally though?

Firstly, stop saying blacks. It’s black people.
Secondly, up until very recently, black people weren’t highlighted in advertising - they would either be in the back or not in copy at all. Source: have worked in the industry for years. Using black people in copy reflects the diverse country we live in. A bit like when Tesco did Ramadan ads - they make loads of money at that time, it’s important to show that they do cater to that community.

Racism is intrinsically when you discriminate against other people. One ad with sharply dressed black men isnt stopping white people from shopping at Next. Stop reaching.
It's not stopping white men buying, but it's not helping either, have a look at Jd, Size etc 95% of models are now black, everyone jumping on the BLM bandwagon, everyone scared incase they get called racist.

Of course there should always be Black, Brown, White, Asian but my point is since BLM everyone is going overboard representing the minority while the majority are told to shut up because it's racist.

For Marv to say what he did I see as racist. But because it's said by a black man about black men it's absolutely fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

It's not stopping white men buying, but it's not helping either, have a look at Jd, Size etc 95% of models are now black, everyone jumping on the BLM bandwagon, everyone scared incase they get called racist.

Of course there should always be Black, Brown, White, Asian but my point is since BLM everyone is going overboard representing the minority while the majority are told to shut up because it's racist.

For Marv to say what he did I see as racist. But because it's said by a black man about black men it's absolutely fine.
No they aren’t and if you have never noticed, then you are privileged.

Be thankful that you haven’t had to grow up not being represented or only represented in a bad way.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Well they haven’t been and now black men and black women are being truly represented. Especially black people with a darker skin tone. There is no bandwagon

Reactions: 12
Can we return to the sheer embarrassment our Roch endured at the hands of a reduced item at Boots please?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just popped on to say she did a story about the baby having dairy issues.
Then today posted lactose free stuff. I'm hoping she knows lactose free isn't dairy free.
Also she may well be fully aware and she may just be cutting out lactose and if so I'll shut my face but I had to say it!!!

Reactions: 8
Oh my god ! Seeing blake on the play mat on the work top island , gave me a heart attack 😱😱why would you do that I know hes little but still !

Reactions: 2
I just popped on to say she did a story about the baby having dairy issues.
Then today posted lactose free stuff. I'm hoping she knows lactose free isn't dairy free.
Also she may well be fully aware and she may just be cutting out lactose and if so I'll shut my face but I had to say it!!!
I was thinking exactly the same. The majority of kids are allergic to the milk proteins, not the sugar in milk (lactose). She will need to cut out all dairy and dairy containing products from her diet if she is exclusively BF. Not only that, it can take up to two weeks for dairy to completely leave a human body.

It’s a funny old world when many new mums will be following her and probably doing the same.

Reactions: 3
I was thinking exactly the same. The majority of kids are allergic to the milk proteins, not the sugar in milk (lactose). She will need to cut out all dairy and dairy containing products from her diet if she is exclusively BF. Not only that, it can take up to two weeks for dairy to completely leave a human body.

It’s a funny old world when many new mums will be following her and probably doing the same.
Isn’t that other horror Lucy Meck on this bandwagon?

Reactions: 4
Isn’t that other horror Lucy Meck on this bandwagon?
And it is a bandwagon. I don’t doubt that there are some babies that are dairy or lactose intolerant but it would present itself quite clearly with rashes, bad bowel movements and bad vomit not regular baby vomit. But from experience, 90% of babies have colic/reflux in their first 3 months and are fussy and pretty miserable most of the time and the standard midwife/health visitor response is to switch to dairy free formula or cut dairy from diet if breastfeeding. Whereas in overwhelming majority of cases they just grow out of it by 12 weeks and meanwhile you should just eat all the chocolate and cheese you want to get you through it.

Reactions: 5
God can this women get any more ridiculous, how embarrassing buying something on offer, 😡

Now she's taking credit that Boots have sold out of the stuff, just waiting now for a ton of the stuff to arrive at her door from Boots as a #gift

I dislike this women more everyday.
She really is the most dreadful parasite.

Reactions: 3
Whereas in overwhelming majority of cases they just grow out of it by 12 weeks and meanwhile you should just eat all the chocolate and cheese you want to get you through it.
I disagree with you here. Babies who suffer with CMPA will not outgrow by 12 weeks. Some a year, some by 5 years.

highly unlikely to be sensitivity to lactose, but this is usually following a stomach bug and that can disappear within weeks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.