Roadside Mum #8 This is a criminal endeavour

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh sir Simon Wessely, Ean Proctor, stop reading ME history Louisa.
Ean got mistreated last century, nobody is going to throw you, a middle-aged head, in 2024, into a pool to see if you swim, or not. Worse luck.
They don't need to throw her into a pool, just put her in a bath with two inches of water.

Also, A Middle-aged head for next thread title.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh, she's always wanging on about needing another baby/more babies.

ME is one thing, but the woman is at least 45, in alleged grinding poverty, has given birth to a now deceased son, an eldest with epilepsy, autism and OTHER DISABILITIES YOU CAN'T EVEN FATHOM, and the ADHD and Autism apparently continue in the younger two.

I'd call it a day, tbh 😉😂

It's often an artefact of the later stages of perimenopause, thanks to the hormones going a bit haywire in a 'Last Chance Clearance, Final Closing Sale, Everything Must Go' cycle. I was most displeased to suddenly find myself desperately wishing I was pregnant, as it would have been a complete disaster for all concerned, but logic couldn't make estrogen listen.

Disregarding the fact that she is an utter prick to everybody, there are other things that could impact upon her health, both physical and mental, that have very similar symptoms to ME and perhaps being addressed could reduce her symptoms and make for a happier life.

1. Perimenopause. YMMV, but it's documented that women report things including exhaustion, depression, rages, pain, disturbed sleep patterns, mental fog and awful/heavy periods with accompanying back and pelvic pain, gastro disturbances and anaemia (which has tiredness/exhaustion/breathlessness/collapse as symptoms on its own). Also helps to prevent vaginal atrophy, which nobody wants to experience, and possibly has a protective effective upon bone density.

Easy to deal with - stick a patch on one's arse twice a week.

2. In her pill photo, she's got high strength, POM, cholecalciferol, at least 10,000 IU, if not more. So she's been diagnosed with a severe vitamin D deficiency. Not entirely surprising, as almost all of us spent at least one summer, if not two, pretty much confined to barracks due to lockdowns. She's also less mobile, might not be eating a high in vitamin D diet, drinks alcohol, smokes and has moved to somewhere with even less daylight than where she was before. The symptoms of a severe vitamin D deficiency include tiredness, depression, vulnerability to illness, muscle weakness and, commonly the first diagnosable/indication that a blood test is necessary, pain. Osteomalacia is an incredibly deep, constant pain in the bones and, from experience, is bloody awful.

Can be relatively low effort to deal with - take the supplements, try to eat oily fish regularly (also good for multiple other reasons), try to get time out of doors everyday, even if it's ten minutes in the afternoon sitting in her chair wearing a T shirt thinking 'duck me, it's cold, how much longer have I got before I can go back inside?'. Where possible, standing or walking with crutches is more beneficial than staying in the chair, as it's a small amount of weightbearing. It does take a long time to resolve, but once that deep pain stops, it's rather lovely. And worth the effort/drain to avoid the next stages of osteopenia (thinning of the bones) and eventual osteoporosis. Something that might help with leg/foot/back pain from weakness and deconditioning keeping her indoors is to get orthotics, even just commercial arch supports online - putting the body into a better alignment might help her to stand and move for longer as it reduces the physical effort needed to hold herself up.

3. SAD. She's chronically deprived of sunlight, both from not going out, keeping erratic hours and moving somewhere with less daylight that could make it better. If she went from living in a van, which would almost guarantee prolonged daily exposure to daylight (not just throughout Spring and Summer, but year-round) into a house she barely left, that's going to have an effect upon her.

On top of trying to get outside and see daylight for vitamin D synthesis from March, using a cheap daylight light or a sunrise clock helps. She was really happy being out and about in the summer when the days were long and the light was bright. It's also possible the flights were also providing an element of bright daylight that she hasn't been experiencing where she lives now. We're in the darkest, most miserable time of the year, so forcing herself outside in daylight could help her get back into the habit, rather than potentially staying indoors come Spring. Maybe a powerchair trip to the shop would be better than driving or sending the kids all the time.

4. Deconditioning. The forced exercise will fix you stuff is bollocks, but very controlled things can help address lack of core strength causing backpain, reduced flexibiliity, pain from unstable musculature, and can just feel pretty bloody good. Simply being immersed in a warm pool, not even swimming but just moving a little with the weight of gravity being taken off can help.

If the local pools aren't accessible then a referral for hydrotherapy could be an option; many hospitals also offer the opportunity to enrol in private hydro out of hours for a reasonable cost (£6 is less than a bottle of gin or packet of fags, after all) after completing a funded course. Stuff like that is the sort of thing that counts as a cost of disability and it would be perfectly appropriate to use a small proportion of PIP for.

Pool accessibility varies; I have one that comes complete with hoist and shallow steps, one with a sloped entry, both with fully accessible shower and changing areas - and two that just aren't an option if you can't haul yourself up and out of the water/climb a ladder just as the full effects of gravity hit you again - within a couple of bus rides, with a vehicle, that would open up into a huge number with varying degrees of access.

I found it much easier to walk out of a pool than hoik myself out of the bath, so with the pool showers, it became far easier to maintain hygiene than when left with a bath I couldn't necessarily get myself in or out of.

Granted, that may not feel possible for her right now if she's struggling to dress herself, but maybe it could be in the future if she starts to feel improvement from looking at the other aspects that all have symptom overlaps with ME/CFS.

There's no magic bullet for anything she describes and maybe it is all 100% ME/CFS. But even if it's 5% or 10% or 20% of her pain/exhaustion/everything caused by something other than the single diagnosis, it might make a difference to her (and by extension, the kids). There's no way that sending fucktons of money, raging at children who don't want to be forced to be carers and living on booze, fags and deliveroo whilst doing weird tit like having the internet boyfriend watch you sleep (or say he does when he's actually watching TV or hitting up Tinder) is going to improve her health one bit, whatever the actual root of her illness might be.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Gross. Just gross. Kids neglected and treated like slaves - removed from their support network, father and friends.

And the big focus is on the scummy mummy and her “health”. In between burgering visits and video calls.

I hope the dad takes them away and My Love is left in a cycle of skint misery with the fat, lazy slob.

If you had any time spare, ML, then maybe crack on with the thief’s “book”? Not spreadsheeting Holland and Barratts performative munchy invent.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Gross. Just gross. Kids neglected and treated like slaves - removed from their support network, father and friends.

And the big focus is on the scummy mummy and her “health”. In between burgering visits and video calls.

I hope the dad takes them away and My Love is left in a cycle of skint misery with the fat, lazy slob.

If you had any time spare, ML, then maybe crack on with the thief’s “book”? Not spreadsheeting Holland and Barratts performative munchy invent.
So ML is getting the idle article on BUPA or similar?
Oh she'll just love that. Her favourite hobby being herself and her health.

Reactions: 8

Jesus, that's a wanky way of rehashing the content of my post, isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The man can't operate a bread maker, so I wouldn't be too excited

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They sound about as rational in their thinking as Guest and her friend who thought that gas radiators were filled with gas and could therefore be replaced with a gas cooker.

She lies in her pit balanced on tins for days starving and dehydrated and neglecting her kids. How are you going to routine, rota and robot your way out of that? Put down the crack pipe and pay for a carer you dumb duck - unless your solution is continue to use two vulnerable young children as slave labour?

Screenshot_20240204_223808_X.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
...Robots? The woman can barely afford to buy essentials according to her, so where's the budget for a robotic home help coming from? Or is the child genius going to cobble something together out of old tins (leftover from fixing the bed) and spare Powerchair parts?

• Haha

It’s already been done, ackshually
By AI
I think you have to avoid like whey, excessive protein, fags and gin.

---
Also Louisa, get a visible subscription. It monitors your energy use via an heart rate monitor all day. Send you texts when you overdo it Kind of like an AI toothbrush except much, much cheaper.

Reactions: 8
They sound about as rational in their thinking as Guest and her friend who thought that gas radiators were filled with gas and could therefore be replaced with a gas cooker.

She lies in her pit balanced on tins for days starving and dehydrated and neglecting her kids. How are you going to routine, rota and robot your way out of that? Put down the crack pipe and pay for a carer you dumb duck - unless your solution is continue to use two vulnerable young children as slave labour?

View attachment 2736342
'Can paid help be engaged?'
Kerchiinng.

Ps this is a mild query. Where is the bleeping BOOK?

• Haha
She's off on one about ML and his grand plans.

Maybe his magical spreadsheet will suggest avoiding the excessive boozing, lying, tweeting, raging, and smoking as a good first step?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Together, they’ll cure ME. She’ll be the next ProfPaul Garner, scientist who loves a bit of bad science, self-diagnosed and cured all in a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Together, they’ll cure ME. She’ll be the next ProfPaul Garner, scientist who loves a bit of bad science, self-diagnosed and cured all in a year.
And she'll have lace edged shrunken boot cut jeans as well. Living the dream, and not a book to be seen

• Haha
The crowdfunder for their "how to cure ME" manual goes live tomorrow on Unbound. Publication date 2044.

• Haha
This does remind me though of that crank guy who claimed to be able to cure anything with water or whatever it was. IIRC he died of Covid in the end, mind you.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Right now, RSM and ML are googling the original recipe for CocaColaTM

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Today in "How to cure ME by conserving your precious energy and saving it for things like your book and caring for your children", RSM has decided the best use of her time and limited energy is to unload on an Internet random who has had ME for 51 years and expressed mild scepticism that ML could cure ME through the medium of vibes.

Screenshot_20240206_110017_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240206_110029_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240206_110040_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240206_110101_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240206_110109_X.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What a condescending witch. And an Unbound book thief

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.