Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shimmering

VIP Member
Honestly, I have no idea. The last public update on the book's page was from them and was over a year ago. I'm no longer a supporter of the project so I can't see if there have been any supporter-only updates published since then.

The last public tweet was this, where the fee paid per essay has reduced and pretty much all of the replies are people calling out the payment as too low.

View attachment 2414328
That's pretty damning. Not one mention of RSM in the tweet.

Kit De Waal must enjoy associating with grifters :rolleyes:
---
Shit I've just realised that now they are specifically targeting writers of colour the payment on offer has dropped!

What the hell?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The move to Scotland may be in the offing! Will RN be allowed to attend school up there? Will LO be asked to rewrite the curriculum on Scottish history once those wild celts realise what a genius is in their midst? Will RSM be able to use her vague association with Catholicism as an identity for people to bash? What will become of RD who lives on the drive?
I cannae wait!

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Nah, she's in debt after going private at the dentist for the genius. Long story, don't worry about the details, but until now the genius felt like a monster, was gaslit. Oh, look, here you go [any tweets out of order are unintentional, Louisa, NOT GASLIGHTING]:

View attachment 2270248View attachment 2270249View attachment 2270250View attachment 2270251View attachment 2270252
Why is she so fucking strange and dramatic 😂
Even a trip to the dentist is a melodrama.
No doubt a disclosing tablet was used and the dentist mildly said 'maybe try brushing a bit more in these areas' but this translates as GASLIGHTING and feeling UNWORTHY and an ANIMAL.

She seems to enable her children terribly in feeling like victims all the time. Its either be a victim or hit people you disagree with.
Never teach them 'Mm sometimes you come across people you don't like, or who don't like you. Best thing is to acknowledge that and just get on with your life'.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I hate it though. There are days I can’t do anything, there are days I can. There are days I push though and accept I’ll pay the price afterward. Not with this one, she’s the most disabled and also out buying cars and going to the pictures.

• Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
Bex should tell her "Bitch, I didn't ask"

She really thinks her opinions are worth broadcasting.

Guest is a fan of the old "hella" too.

Someone should tell them how out of date their slang is. On second thoughts leave it, it's funny watching the boomers try.

(And before anyone corrects me about calling RSM a boomer, she and guest are and always will be boomers to me, regardless of age)

• Heart
  • Haha

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Yeah to be fair she used a different L name right at the start (Linda? Lindsey?) and just added Britain as a surname to her fake name. It’s absolutely fair enough if you don’t want to use your name in the media. However she does get people cash app ing her a lot…

Was she engaging @MurielSnark and into the book project, or just hoping to sadfish cash from you?
Hi @HotesTilaire

She was enthusiastic about the book project but was also very vague about what was needed. For several reasons, I thought it was dodgy and that they were expecting a lot from contributors who were being asked to submit work without being formally commissioned and the fees were very low. There wasn't clarity about how the editing would work or what the overall shape of the book was -- I foresaw being asked to do a lot of extra work that would be unpaid and that didn't seem right to me, especially since it was to be about poverty.

I didn't like the fact that she was vague about who she really was and it made me feel that I wasn't going to be necessarily as well looked after as I would want on a collaborative project. I think my instincts were right now that it turns out the whole thing is still not complete.

She comes across well, is really well spoken and personable. But also seems chaotic and disorganised. I've seen her picking fights online, too, and I'm glad I stayed away, honestly.

Writing a personal testimony about one's poverty is very tough and potentially traumatising and I didn't trust her or Unbound to look after my best interests on such a project. That's just my opinion but I feel like it's been born out over the process of this non-book.

Luckily I don't have any spare cash so I didn't lose anything and I haven't ever given RSM money.

• Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
She's still going. Trigger warning for continued discussion of death. Also, my irony-meter just exploded. Bonus points for RSM admitting that she thinks Christianity is the only religion that believes in God.

Screenshot_20230925_133533_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133557_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133606_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133614_X.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I get irrationally annoyed by SCIENCE RSM - she is patronising at the same time as trying to pretend she is superior, clever, wise - a geeky science qween doing her own research and forging a path for her plebby and stupid fellow ME sufferers. So I get an inordinate amount of pleasure when someone comes along and tells her she is wrong.

Instead of being the Erin Brockovic of ME research, when you go to the library, do some Zine work, ducky. Although you are sooooo out of date now in your Zine stories, you would be better off binning the whole idea and asking your supporters to sanction giving the money raised to the contributors who’s voice will NEVER be heard whilst you are nominally in charge.

Attachments

• Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
The more tidbits she throws out to us, the more desperately sorry I feel for those girls. And let’s not forget she has moved a fair old trek away from her eldest too - she has form for callousness.

They aren’t children lovingly nurtured, supported and encouraged. They are fending for themselves in what sounds like a pigsty, with little to no support or help, whilst RSM fights imaginary keyboard wars with Canadians and other random strangers for clicks and shits.

• Sad
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
View attachment 2472391View attachment 2472392View attachment 2472393View attachment 2472394View attachment 2472395View attachment 2472396

I don't even have MECFS and I feel like I need to take to my bed after reading all that. Those poor bloody kids.
She’s a fucking liar. Find me one person with ME or Fibro, who wakes up without first acknowledging how shit they feel, gathering their thoughts. Certainly I‘Ve never “got straight on the phone” and never walked hither and tither. So to claim she’s absent-mindedly doing BOTH I can’t even.

• Heart

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
🚨 BOOK UPDATE KLAXON 🚨

Screenshot_20230613-214804_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230613-214812_Twitter.jpg

Er, I guess the update was just "I haven't made any progress because I've spent all my time ranting at minimum wage customer service reps on Twitter."

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm sure we can all remember numerous occasions when she felt judged for her appearance and disability eg that poor man in the coffee shop trying to make room for her wheelchair. Yet she is fine to make lots of vile 'observations'.

• Sick
Your children should not have to do those things for you. It's not clear to me if Saint Daddy is staying with her or nearby, but if he's not on the premises you are in sole charge of your children and you need to remain this side of sober in case something happens, not get so paralytic you need to be put to bed and have someone else take your makeup off.

Fruitjack

VIP Member
We've mithered a lot recently about the people who funded the book, but we haven't talked for ages about the people who wrote their stories out for her, for money, that she said could be written very easily and quickly, then said none of them were good enough (IIRC). What has happened to them???

• Sad

Wooh

VIP Member
Sadly rather early for a thread title.
No, it's not too early. Different thread from Jack Monroe: let's make our own rules!

Apart from the drama of internal expectation, the innuendo is so very funny. Thread title YEAH!

• Haha
Reactions: 15