Roadside Mum #6 It is immoral to charge me for my own victimisation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She might slip under the radar, it’s harder because you need council permission to withdraw your children from school there but she won’t have to withdraw the krays if she never sends them to school…
She can’t fly under the radar, social services and child services will be wise to this sort of thing. She needs a doctor so she’ll be registering herself, accompanied by one or both krays, surely.

Reactions: 2
She can’t fly under the radar, social services and child services will be wise to this sort of thing. She needs a doctor so she’ll be registering herself, accompanied by one or both krays, surely.
I mean more for the homeschooling. It will be effectively the same as England if she doesn’t need permission to withdraw (which she won’t if she doesn’t enrol them in school, and she doesn’t have to do), the council/authority can and should check up on the education but it will depend on where she is, how on it they are, whether she and the krays can talk a good talk etc. Especially if she goes down the undiagnosed special needs route.

Reactions: 3
I mean more for the homeschooling. It will be effectively the same as England if she doesn’t need permission to withdraw (which she won’t if she doesn’t enrol them in school, and she doesn’t have to do), the council/authority can and should check up on the education but it will depend on where she is, how on it they are, whether she and the krays can talk a good talk etc. Especially if she goes down the undiagnosed special needs route.
Oh I agree, but Scotland must know parents exploit the council permission loophole. And it will be known that they’re new in town. She can’t totally hide them.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just seen this obviously I can’t speak for all Scottish schools but round here while blazers are in the list, many kids don’t wear them or it’s just any blazer from any shop if they do
IMG_1865.jpeg

• Sad
I’ve just seen this obviously I can’t speak for all Scottish schools but round here while blazers are in the list, many kids don’t wear them or it’s just any blazer from any shop if they do View attachment 2146935
Wait… a blazer for primary school is £85? RN is probably on the cusp of primary or secondary depending when her birthday is, but LO is firmly primary, especially in the Scottish system.

Wait… a blazer for primary school? RN is probably on the cusp of primary or secondary depending when her birthday is, but LO is firmly primary, especially in the Scottish system.
If she turned 11 before Feb 28 this year she’ll start secondary this August. The summer term here ends at the end of June so depending on when the move is they may just skip the end of the summer term

The wording on that tweet is odd…’£85 for one each’. Is that £85 for one blazer or for two for each of her kids? If it’s the latter, £42.50 for a blazer is pretty standard. It was £35 for a blazer when I was in school and that’s going back over 30 years now.

Reactions: 5
The wording on that tweet is odd…’£85 for one each’. Is that £85 for one blazer or for two for each of her kids? If it’s the latter, £42.50 for a blazer is pretty standard. It was £35 for a blazer when I was in school and that’s going back over 30 years now.
Any amount will be a shock, as one of the kids doesn’t even have a school uniform at the moment

Reactions: 4
If she turned 11 before Feb 28 this year she’ll start secondary this August. The summer term here ends at the end of June so depending on when the move is they may just skip the end of the summer term
Ah for some reason I thought she was 10! I think RSM has posted varying ages.

A lot of secondaries here have blazers too (very rarely primaries which I know is a difference) and the prices would be the same region presuming she actually means it’s £85 for both…

Interesting to see Louisa attempt to make a drama out of a lost polling card this morning...
Oh did she? Do you actually need a polling card to vote in England? We don't in NI, they look your name up on a list. Though we have needed photographic id for years.

Reactions: 8
Oh did she? Do you actually need a polling card to vote in England? We don't in NI, they look your name up on a list. Though we have needed photographic id for years.
No. It actually states on our polling cards in England that you don't need to take it to the polling station. I've never taken one once!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No. It actually states on our polling cards in England that you don't need to take it to the polling station. I've never taken one once!
She’s such an attention seeker. I’m surprised she’s not claiming she doesn’t have ID despite being a driver.

If she suspects she’s got a faulty socket that her toaster is plugged into, why on earth is she using the socket at all leaving it plugged in (presumably with switch on as well) overnight? She’s asking for a fire, this is Jack M level fire safety stupidity.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And my polling card this year actually explains which ID you can use too.

Oh, it WOULD have blown up three devices that all cost about £40 right? What’s that rattling I can hear?

Reactions: 5

The previous LA will act on it once they disappear, because the school has to notify them of EHE as well. If you actually read the CME (Children Missing From Education) policies for LAs (I don't expect anybody who doesn't literally do this sort of tit for a living to, but it completely contradicts the perception of EHE and moving = freedom from pesky child protection procedures), they all require schools to notify them of this before they have permission to remove them from their registers. As soon as this happens, the original CME team then get checking for the change of address and when it's found - which it will be, you don't get benefits including housing costs without evidencing a new address - they notify the new area which is, being Scotland, very, very thorough about these things. And that's before you add in the information provided with the risk assessments and potential SS involvement when this all gets put together.

Oh, and they'll contact RD as well. Best not to piss him off too much when you're already taking his children away from him, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The previous LA will act on it once they disappear, because the school has to notify them of EHE as well. If you actually read the CME (Children Missing From Education) policies for LAs (I don't expect anybody who doesn't literally do this sort of tit for a living to, but it completely contradicts the perception of EHE and moving = freedom from pesky child protection procedures), they all require schools to notify them of this before they have permission to remove them from their registers. As soon as this happens, the original CME team then get checking for the change of address and when it's found - which it will be, you don't get benefits including housing costs without evidencing a new address - they notify the new area which is, being Scotland, very, very thorough about these things. And that's before you add in the information provided with the risk assessments and potential SS involvement when this all gets put together.

Oh, and they'll contact RD as well. Best not to piss him off too much when you're already taking his children away from him, eh?
See, I knew it wouldn’t be simple to just disappear

• Heart
Dragged off to vote (indeed aided to vote) by the 11yr old little one yesterday (after almost being seriously burnt by a toastie being thrown at her). Aye. Right. As we say up here.
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1898.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Could use get a postal vote, you lying tit. Th 3 adults in this household all did. Took us barely 5 minutes to apply (back in February) and we all sent our votes back early last week. Why is everything SUCH AN EFFORT when easier options exist.

Oh yeah, a pity me / duck everyone. tip rattle.

The RM character is a total bleep

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.