Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We seriously all need to be vigilant about the sneaky shifts in our public healthcare.

I'm amused the Grifters and Exaggerators Club members always use "they" pronouns for their friends, as if stating a gender is a giant 🍉. I'm all for pronouns of choice - and am equally sure that they, the G&Es, just want to be Super Mysterious. It makes me smile

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There is now way, NO WAY AT ALL, that if she were to walk into a private GP practice (or an NHS one) in a condition so serious that she was dying….someone would not have helped her immediately.
A bloke came in to our surgery yesterday in a suicidal state and we helped him immediately. He wasn’t registered with us but we gave him support and ensured he got the help he needed.

A woman walking in barely able to breathe would have been given help straight away and questions asked later. So I am calling her comments utter bullshit.

Yes reception staff can sometimes be difficult but someone in the throes of an asthma attack with very low SATs would be obvious as in need of emergency help.

And getting your name and details from your child would be sensible so the ambulance crew can access some medical information Louisa. But you are a liar and this did not happen,

Reactions: 19
The temptation to tag the didn't happen of the year awards in this thread of tweets is high. Number of followers to number replies on that thread is telling. Louisa you are making things up again.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Asthma attacks - absolutely horrible and of course can quickly escalate without appropriate management.

Receptionists - yes some can be officious, I’d say the majority not. However, most would be able to quickly identify when someone is in crisis and make sure they are seen, which means either an über procedure driven receptionist, or a modicum of exaggeration on Louisa’s part. Now hmm, which would it be?

My 6 year old has been aware of what information to pass on to an appropriate adult in a medical emergency (and that’s with no pre-existing conditions) since he was about 4, so I don’t know why she was so surprised N could do it? I understand panic might set in somewhat but this is why you arm them with the information beforehand!

Reactions: 7
In my head all the grifters live in an alternative universe together, so she’s either at Jack’s or at Bex’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In my head all the grifters live in an alternative universe together, so she’s either at Jack’s or at Bex’s.
yesterday’s tales on both their parts almost seemed like a competition as to who had the worst day (or spin it as such)

Reactions: 5
There is now way, NO WAY AT ALL, that if she were to walk into a private GP practice (or an NHS one) in a condition so serious that she was dying….someone would not have helped her immediately.
A bloke came in to our surgery yesterday in a suicidal state and we helped him immediately. He wasn’t registered with us but we gave him support and ensured he got the help he needed.

A woman walking in barely able to breathe would have been given help straight away and questions asked later. So I am calling her comments utter bullshit.

Yes reception staff can sometimes be difficult but someone in the throes of an asthma attack with very low SATs would be obvious as in need of emergency help.

And getting your name and details from your child would be sensible so the ambulance crew can access some medical information Louisa. But you are a liar and this did not happen,
Exactly and, unpopular opinion perhaps, but I'd expect a 12 year old to have communicated her breathless, unable to talk mother was having an asthma attack (or "an asthma") the second they walked into the reception? Like... yes, upsetting for the 12 year old to see, absolutely, and there's definitely a conversation to be had about the level of care these kids are providing, but if you have an asthmatic parent (or parent with allergy/epilepsy/anything else similar) surely you know by 12 how to communicate when they need help?

There shouldn't be ad-libbing necessary at that age for something that is really fairly simple to communicate - ie Mum is having an asthma attack, she can't breathe, she needs an ambulance and help now. If it was real, it would actually quite worry me that it seems N didn't do that straight away and instead left RSM to try to breathlessly explain before finally chipping in.

Still not entirely sure what her actual point is. (Specifically, not just generally)

She's quite ill, decided to yomp to the shops, had an asthma attack, found a doctors', her mute kid couldn't do anything remotely useful, and then received treatment and sent on her merry way.

Err... so?

Oh yeah, duck the Tories, obviously.

NEXT!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Still not entirely sure what her actual point is. (Specifically, not just generally)

She's quite ill, decided to yomp to the shops, had an asthma attack, found a doctors', her mute kid couldn't do anything remotely useful, and then received treatment and sent on her merry way.

Err... so?

Oh yeah, duck the Tories, obviously.

NEXT!
She now seems to be claiming N didn’t actually realise how serious it was and that she might die.

A 12 year old. Didn’t know that if someone can’t breathe it’s serious and they could die. FFS.

Reactions: 6
She now seems to be claiming N didn’t actually realise how serious it was and that she might die.

A 12 year old. Didn’t know that if someone can’t breathe it’s serious and they could die. FFS.
We really need that eye-roll reaction emoji don't we?

Asthma looks like germs!!!!!!! What! Really! As a daughter of an asthmatic I’d say even as a small child I never thought it looked like a germy thing - so to imply a medical receptionist thought that, is just weird.
DA1C69E9-6E57-4673-BD83-AB1348E177D5.jpeg

ETA - attachment

• Wow
Asthma looks like germs!!!!!!! What! Really! As a daughter of an asthmatic I’d say even as a small child I never thought it looked like a germy thing - so to imply a medical receptionist thought that, is just weird.View attachment 2098203

ETA - attachment
Asthma looks like germs? EHHHHH?

Bit early for her to be on the gin isn’t it?

• Haha
Asthma looks like germs!!!!!!! What! Really! As a daughter of an asthmatic I’d say even as a small child I never thought it looked like a germy thing - so to imply a medical receptionist thought that, is just weird.View attachment 2098203

ETA - attachment
Is she telling on herself and the big dramatic can't breathe was actually "slightly coughing"? That would look like "germs" I suppose.

Asthma, not so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I've just run this statement by three family medical professionals:

"Asthma looks like germs."

I asked them to comment.

"What?"

I deleted their accounts.
They are trash cabbages

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Bex did say she was having visitors round and someone speculated RSM then this story happens. They are bleeping obsessed with being talked about!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.