Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, IMO, this might be worth keeping an eye on. A very vocal agreement with an article that essentially calls out Jacks nonsense. But for me, the conversation she has not yet replied to is even more interesting. We know RSM is completely insufferable with her eleventyfive tweet threads on how to be poor properly. So now it’s time to fess up and admit that your good buddy (that has NEVER promoted your project and has actively stolen your thunder and photo) Jack Monroe is a fraud that is entirely unhelpful?

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Shock/horror - she has not replied to the respectfully made request for information of povvo writings. I thought we might have been given a bit of info on all the submissions she surely is hard at work wading through but it has been ignored. And we absolutely know she will have seen it because she police’s her responses and interactions like a hawk.

Still - here’s a novel way of prepping a rattle…I wonder how long it will take before the cashapp becomes a “sponsor my kid” gateway? And probably for that Manchester foodbank that pays out more in wages than food. Not that they will see much of it.
I feel so sorry for the child she's supposed to be homeschooling
This one isn’t the “academic” genius and she is currently dreaming of swimming 30+ km to freedom! Says a lot, really.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I know we can barely catch our breath at the moment, what with Grifty Kitchen. Who has time for real life, eh?

Thank God we have “Mum of the Year” to break things up a bit.

And we have also had the first oblique beg for the swimming.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
I just don't know where RSM's children have learnt to be perpetually outraged!

It's an utter mystery.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I know we can barely catch our breath at the moment, what with Grifty Kitchen. Who has time for real life, eh?

duck's sake. They've just been swimming. In winter. Swimming makes adolescent girls/women (there's actually research that has confirmed this and it's one of the reasons why swimming baths always used to have a vending machine selling pure shite right by the exit, usually in a direct line from the female changing rooms) almost possessed by cravings for hot, sweet and salty foods. My two genuinely couldn't handle the trip home, walk from the bus stop and then wait for me to make something to eat unless they'd been topped up on either chips or a hot sausage roll and a yum-yum. They're hangry, that's all.

Next time, give them food as soon as they leave, don't expect them to come home and then wait to be fed without a full blown meltdown. If you're not putting petrol in the mould bucket at the moment, you've got enough for sausage rolls.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
This is mighty good advice, Dragon.

Reminder that the last round of swimming lessons were paid for by the kindness of a stranger. So cute that RN can potentially raise money for RSM because RSM received money.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
duck's sake. They've just been swimming. In winter. Swimming makes adolescent girls/women (there's actually research that has confirmed this and it's one of the reasons why swimming baths always used to have a vending machine selling pure shite right by the exit, usually in a direct line from the female changing rooms) almost possessed by cravings for hot, sweet and salty foods. My two genuinely couldn't handle the trip home, walk from the bus stop and then wait for me to make something to eat unless they'd been topped up on either chips or a hot sausage roll and a yum-yum. They're hangry, that's all.

Next time, give them food as soon as they leave, don't expect them to come home and then wait to be fed without a full blown meltdown. If you're not putting petrol in the mould bucket at the moment, you've got enough for sausage rolls.
I can’t imagine a swimming lesson without a hot chocolate and a Kit Kat from the vending machine after. But I grew up in the 80s.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t imagine a swimming lesson without a hot chocolate and a Kit Kat from the vending machine after. But I grew up in the 80s.

Mine weren't big eaters at all unlike their mother, but winter swimming meant they could smell the chip shop from over half a mile away at one pool and the other had a Greggs' between us and the bus stop. They were never pests about food at any other time (one needed to be encouraged to eat daily as she just wasn't that bothered), but they genuinely needed it after swimming in winter. As soon as I read that it was a known thing, it made perfect sense to me based upon their behaviour - and I did have a jar of hot chocolate at home for them as well (didn't mind chips at the bus stop or sausage rolls on the bus, but drew the line at hot drinks where they could easily be spilled).

I just included the food as part of the cost of swimming.

• Haha
Mine weren't big eaters at all unlike their mother, but winter swimming meant they could smell the chip shop from over half a mile away at one pool and the other had a Greggs' between us and the bus stop. They were never pests about food at any other time (one needed to be encouraged to eat daily as she just wasn't that bothered), but they genuinely needed it after swimming in winter. As soon as I read that it was a known thing, it made perfect sense to me based upon their behaviour - and I did have a jar of hot chocolate at home for them as well (didn't mind chips at the bus stop or sausage rolls on the bus, but drew the line at hot drinks where they could easily be spilled).

I just included the food as part of the cost of swimming.
Honestly I’m mid forties now and nothing makes me hungry like swimming does.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Honestly I’m mid forties now and nothing makes me hungry like swimming does.
I had two Border Collies, and the only time they were tired after exercise was post-swimming. And after their first ever day at the beach (because they were country river dogs), absolutely passed out. Woke up to eat dinner, thrice!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

This explains why I-used to come out of swimming demanding a 20p hot choc!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

It’s just siblings (and hangriness). I notice she says her eldest wasn’t like that. But her eldest was essentially an only child for much of their childhood.

Reactions: 4
I swim after work every day and it makes me starving. I’m always trying to persuade my family to eat earlier. Thanks for the science.

im sad she shouts at her kids so much :(

• Heart
It’s just siblings (and hangriness). I notice she says her eldest wasn’t like that. But her eldest was essentially an only child for much of their childhood.
Given the age gap, I’d say for all of their childhood.

Even if you end up close, you don’t have a typical childhood sibling relationship with a gap like that, there’s too much of an imbalance and RSM seems to fail to realise that. I bet she pulls out that RE never fought with RN like RN fights with LO as well, ignoring the fact that if a 15 year old had turned on a two year old it would have been very different to a 11(?) year old and a 9(?) year old.

(Not sure how old they are exactly but you know what I mean!).

That and allowing for different personalities and that it sounds like they were a lot more comfortable and stable financially when her eldest was young, plus she wasn’t affected by the ME per her own timeline means the kids have had entirely different upbringings. And yet she’s clueless about it, the mind boggles!

Reactions: 4
Given the age gap, I’d say for all of their childhood.

Even if you end up close, you don’t have a typical childhood sibling relationship with a gap like that, there’s too much of an imbalance and RSM seems to fail to realise that. I bet she pulls out that RE never fought with RN like RN fights with LO as well, ignoring the fact that if a 15 year old had turned on a two year old it would have been very different to a 11(?) year old and a 9(?) year old.

(Not sure how old they are exactly but you know what I mean!).

That and allowing for different personalities and that it sounds like they were a lot more comfortable and stable financially when her eldest was young, plus she wasn’t affected by the ME per her own timeline means the kids have had entirely different upbringings. And yet she’s clueless about it, the mind boggles!
Agree. RE also has a different father (one RSM claims was abusive to her) and I don’t know at what point inRE’s life RD came along or even whether RD was ever in RE’s life much so the circumstances are totally different. But yes you’d think she’d have understood all that.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.