Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So gaslight your kids?
Honestly I’m surprised if they’re allowed presents when they awake as that’s a fairly working-class thing.
I'm intrigued, what are the differences between a working class Christmas and a middle class Christmas? I don't think I'm old enough to have much insight into this, if you don't mind explaining? I'm genuinely very interested!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@binkbonk , don't make relive it!

Lights out in Australia after a beautiful Christmas Eve with friends. Peace be with you!

• Heart
The help.

Christ - she is NOT and never has been working class. That might actually be her biggest deception as I have seen at least one anti-Jack tweeter tweet favourably about her being an “authentic” working class voice. She is about as working class as one of the Two Fat Ladies.

Reactions: 6
I'm intrigued, what are the differences between a working class Christmas and a middle class Christmas? I don't think I'm old enough to have much insight into this, if you don't mind explaining? I'm genuinely very interested!
The main one, apart from the financial differences, is that the big afternoon meal is called 'dinner' in w/c families and 'lunch' in m/c families.

Reactions: 1
It’s middle and upper class to open your “presents from under the tree” later in the day. After the Xmas dinner, or after the Queen’s speech (or King’s speech as it will be for the forseable)

Reactions: 4
It’s middle and upper class to open your “presents from under the tree” later in the day. After the Xmas dinner, or after the Queen’s speech (or King’s speech as it will be for the forseable)
I’ve genuinely never heard of anyone doing this, how do the kids have the patience? The most I’ve heard is only stocking gifts before an early-ish marker - eg until parents get up/before breakfast/grandparents arrive.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve genuinely never heard of anyone doing this, how do the kids have the patience? The most I’ve heard is only stocking gifts before an early-ish marker - eg until parents get up/before breakfast/grandparents arrive.
No idea, have never known anyone so posh

• Haha
Why do all these people hate their children? Wake them up, it’s not a punishment it’s Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.