Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's been tweeting incessantly since about 3am (cba screenshotting as it's mostly inane bollocks). No wonder her sleep schedule's fucked.

How's the zine coming along, Louisa?

Reactions: 5
She's been tweeting incessantly since about 3am (cba screenshotting as it's mostly inane bollocks). No wonder her sleep schedule's fucked.

How's the zine coming along, Louisa?
Yeah I often think that. I suppose she’d argue that it’s illness that messes up the sleep schedule. But I can’t help thinking that trying to sort the sleep schedule would be a healthy thing to do

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20220919-145443_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220919-145450_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220919-145454_Twitter.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the duck she's going on about here? Like, I understand all the words in the thread and *think* I get the overall message she's trying to convey but there's clearly some additional context here that she hasn't gone into.

Nice evoking of dead bodies, too. Jack's influence, no doubt.

Reactions: 12
What is it with these grifters and the use of horrifically triggering language without warning?

This is probably in response to some innocent elderly lib dem supporter asking her to RT something that isn't her cashapp beg.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1590215View attachment 1590217View attachment 1590219

Can anyone tell me what the duck she's going on about here? Like, I understand all the words in the thread and *think* I get the overall message she's trying to convey but there's clearly some additional context here that she hasn't gone into.

No. I used to follow her when she first appeared on Twitter and seemed like quite a sane, if angry, person. I unfollowed because these kinds of nonsensical threads gave me a headache and I never understood what she was saying. She tweets like someone who starts talking midway through a train of thought and thinks everyone else should already know what they’re talking avout.

Reactions: 10
At least she's not told anyone to boil themselves alive recently, I suppose 🤷‍♂️

But as to wtf she's on about there, also 🤷‍♂️

I have been faaaaar too busy to keep up with our usual grifters and scroungers - I have been dipping my toe softly and gently into Queen Grifter but, frankly, I would have to be working a 100 hour week at Tattle reading to keep up lately.

I quite admired her unabashed “give me money so I can have a holiday” approach. Obviously is cheeky but at least it’s honest cheek - unlike Jacks Patreon or the minor grifter pretending she is a recipe writer and compiling a book!

I have raised eyebrows around this though - after all, she crowdfunded an expensive wheelchair on the strength of paying it forward (which hasn’t happened) and in the context of crowdfunding holidays and extra outings from strangers on the internet, along with the cheeky comment from one of her kids (@dhoty) it seems we might well be looking at another desperate plea in 5,4,3, 2…….

(PS - No toaster you say? Who woudda thunk it!)
I cannot believe a fox shat on her toaster. This is the best toaster lie since Jack Monroe claimed not to own one whilst owning one that says toaster in big letters on it. In fact it may be my favourite ever lie about a toaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I cannot believe a fox shat on her toaster. This is the best toaster lie since Jack Monroe claimed not to own one whilst owning one that says toaster in big letters on it. In fact it may be my favourite ever lie about a toaster.
The fact that you even have a favourite lie about toasters to choose from says an awful lot about the world we now live in.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The fact that you even have a favourite lie about toasters to choose from says an awful lot about the world we now live in.
To borrow a quote:

If I had a nickel for every weird lie about toasters...

I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's strange it's happened twice.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
View attachment 1590215View attachment 1590217View attachment 1590219

Literal translation:

Please don't suggest any of the free community activities which include cooking lessons or food technology information as a kind of quid pro quo, as they may be humiliating, they may assist mainly the organisers (and not the participants), and people may kill themselves
Contextual translation:

I've typed two threads about booking my children into school holiday sports clubs or community fun days knowing that lunch will be provided and that a food/cooking info session for parents was part of the deal. I am considerably more superior than any other attendee, so sneered at the facilitators. In my "writing", I like to regularly imply people will die because it invokes the shocked likes that I like, though (gulp) it's getting harder to get those likes. I had to write this one about past, not current, events, actually so duck off and DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
Literal translation:

Contextual translation:
Further to above, tweets. I'm exhausted like JM is exhausted
Screenshot_20220920-175424_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220920-175509_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220920-175532_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220920-175600_Chrome.jpg

Sorry I made a chaos in the above post. If you search "mandatory food education (from:roadsidemum)" on twitter you'll find the 23 May 2022 thread where she relates her hilarious tale of taking down the food class teacher. Highly recommend. A taster:
Screenshot_20220920-181256_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-181313_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
CBA to screenshot but she has a massive Grifty rattle thread going on tonight
She's such a bullshitter! I don't believe they use a food bank or launderette. Sure she didn't even know when her local food bank opened when she rang up demanding them to open on the bank holiday, and the amount of twitter threads she's done about her washing machine ... come on RSM you fantasist.

I can't stand the way she goes on as if everyone else is taking their kids on elaborate weekend trips constantly. Read the room love, there's a cost of living crisis.

She's such a bullshitter! I don't believe they use a food bank or launderette. Sure she didn't even know when her local food bank opened when she rang up demanding them to open on the bank holiday, and the amount of twitter threads she's done about her washing machine ... come on RSM you fantasist.

I can't stand the way she goes on as if everyone else is taking their kids on elaborate weekend trips constantly. Read the room love, there's a cost of living crisis.
I think the last paragraph is her telling on herself and how she grew up.

Reactions: 5
A lot of the things she has listed are just general not spending money on things you can’t afford which doesn’t maybe mean poverty. The bit about not buying the kids toys they want. I grew up poor but I wouldn’t say in poverty but sometimes parents have to say no to buying toys at the drop of a hat. I’m sure it happens to those with more money too. It feels like she thinks (or apparently her kids) think they are in poverty as they can’t have every waking thing they want.

She needs to stop ranting on twitter and concentrate on home schooling her child, who would be better off in school not just for learning but for a break from her.
Also concentrate on writing the book, I've paid for. I wonder how many people have actually forgot they paid for this book?? 🤨

ridiculous thread. I read it thinking well I didn’t buy my child any toy she wanted, I didn’t take her on extravagant outings at weekends, I was (still am) a huge fan of the yellow sticker counter, love a browse in a charity shop, live a big bag of hand-me-downs. None of these things necessarily say poverty to me. I’m just not extravagant/profligate. And I don’t believe a 10 year old said “create stability”

That thread is so stupid. Some of the stuff on it is just everyday life whether people have money or not. We’re doing ok financially but my husband moans about the MOT and paying road tax and the kids leaving the lights on because that’s what he does. And ‘we can’t go horse riding’; like wtf?! The average kid on the street doesn’t have horse riding lessons, it doesn’t mean they’re in poverty. What’s all the guff about using the launderette when she’s made multiple threads about her washing machine?!

Also thought this was very telling
A00C0B70-2892-46F7-B6B7-50B0BF38087B.jpeg

It’s the ‘anymore’. This is someone who’s had to downgrade their lifestyle for whatever reason, and thinks she’s entitled to a certain standard of living. Are we totally sure she isn’t Jack?

How she has the audacity to send those children to school without proper uniform when she's going on about the holiday they just went on and buying alcohol is beyond me. She isn't in poverty, she's just gone on bleeping holibobs. I'm 'skint', literally waiting till payday to buy decent food rn and I regularly tell my daughter if I don't have the money right now etc for anything but I'd never class myself as poor. The majority of things she's listed there are not essentials, they're luxuries that the majority of people have to save for. Not like her who decided in a week to take the kids away for a week.

She makes me so incredibly angry. Child benefit, universal credit, housing benefit, PIP, the money or (not) partner contributes - She isn't in poverty she just doesn't manage her money properly.

Reactions: 8
Popping over from the Jack Monroe thread to say I only know the basics about RoadsideMum and she’s never really been on my Twitter radar until now. Today three people I follow have retweeted her thread about her kids knowing they’re in poverty. I don’t know if it’s because of Jack and her endless poverty appropriation but it really rubbed me up the wrong way because most of that thread is nothing to do with being in poverty. Why are these people like this?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.