Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a lawyer, but would love to understand (hypothetically) how an anonymous account with a fake name (not RSM obviously, who is really authentic and believable) could take legal action to defend their reputation?
I'm not a lawyer either, but its an interesting question. It *might* be possible in certain situations, because an anonymous account still has a reputation of its own. The twitter person who might have an idea would be The Secret Barrister.

Reactions: 8
Aha, RM knows...
Screenshot_20220419-144515_Chrome.jpg

Omg it is so obvious she is completely thrilled to have been tagged to DHOTYA. All this faux outrage 😂
Any attention online is good attention to her.
Meant to say I checked all the re/quote tweets etc; didn't see a DHOTY tag at all

Boom:
Screenshot_20220419-182626_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Social Services aren’t just there to take children away. In fact it happens a little bit too rarely I think.
However they can access support for people struggling. They aren’t the bad guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Social Services aren’t just there to take children away. In fact it happens a little bit too rarely I think.
However they can access support for people struggling. They aren’t the bad guys.
Yeah, I would imagine if they’re reporting people in food banks to SS, it’s more that they’ve spotted the family needs extra help? They won’t remove kids on the basis that you’ve used a food bank. I’ve had no dealings with them, but I would imagine it’s actually harder to have children at risk removed than everyone thinks.

Reactions: 15
It’s not the 1950s they don’t take children away because you are poor. I don’t think Social Workers can remove children, just make recommendations.
I’ve come into contact with lots of SW at work and they are such nice people.

Reactions: 14
Oh I was wondering what this Jack Monroe crossover was about (I find it really very difficult to even look at RM's timeline, my brain just sort of starts to melt whenever I do). Should have known it was some sort of targeted take-down. So is Jack also anti-Depher now?

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 10.53.17.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My reading of the original tweet is that the Depher person says: there's always a moment in all this work where you can tell a person and their family are not okay, and you realise again the political decisions that made that happen. But today was particularly bad; I met someone who wants to...
Screenshot_20220419-182142_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220419-182209_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
It comes back to the whole "if you ask for help Social Services will take your kids" business again, doesn't it?

Which, let's be honest, is a ... willful misreading.

(Yes, there are horror stories, but they make the press because they're rare, and we only usually see one side of the story anyway).

Yeah, I would imagine if they’re reporting people in food banks to SS, it’s more that they’ve spotted the family needs extra help? They won’t remove kids on the basis that you’ve used a food bank. I’ve had no dealings with them, but I would imagine it’s actually harder to have children at risk removed than everyone thinks.
SS could arrange for a family in a cramped house to be prioritised for a council house or help get a parent into work/access to the right benefits or funding for a child (nursery or free school meals). They could do plenty to help a struggling family. SS aren't going around like The Childcatcher, taking kids from poor families arbitrarily

It makes me so cross that people like RSM and Jack Monroe create this fear and share it with their (mostly gullible) audience. How awful to be a struggling parents and read those tweets and, worse, believe them and so avoid reaching out for help

• Angry
Reactions: 28
Hopefully like JM, 99.9% of RSM's followers are middle class people who are sucked in by the cos play. I would hate to think of the damage she does to people who are actually vulnerable.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Gosh - I find myself (as usual) agreeing with a whiff of a smidge of RSMs points. I have had reservations about DEPher for a while - especially their use of their “clients” pictures (consented or not) and they do come across as a bit holier that thou…..although I hasten to add, the bigger culprit by far is the people and system that allow for the need of DEPher in the first place.

yet, as usual, she comes across as a total horror about it all and makes you want to support her perceived adversary regardless of right and wrong.

anyway - has anyone noticed that all mention of books by the grifters has been stripped from their pinned tweets? A cursory mention remains in their bios but apart from the endless “book edits” by Jack, there seems to be very little literary output happening.

who would have though rising over twenty grand in one case (hope you had a lovely holiday, RSM) and over six grand in another case, would result in silence. Still - they all have a way to go before they reach the dizzy heights of Hatties 3+ year delay in “book edits”. I hope people haven’t marked these literary masterpieces down for next years Christmas presents!

Reactions: 12
Sorry but if RSM spends the next couple of years very occasionally mentioning "book edits" with no sign of the book I'm going full RSM = JM truther, can't stop me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I hate to say it but In my early diagnosis days I was depressed and acted out kicking off like this. It didn’t las5 too long, I did have to do some apologizing when I’d got past it. I have known other women with ME/CFS who have stayed “stuck” in that mode and carry on like it for years, making their own life (and everyone else’s) harder.
I’ve worked (albeit briefly) with people who have CFS/ME and sadly there is a “type” that RSM encapsulates beautifully. The angry, I’m not going to listen to any advice because you don’t know me and my body, I’m going to kick and scream about how unfair life is instead type. It’s an awful diagnosis to have but sometimes people don’t or can’t help themselves at all and sadly it seems a pretty common reaction to CFS/ME.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry but if RSM spends the next couple of years very occasionally mentioning "book edits" with no sign of the book I'm going full RSM = JM truther, can't stop me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ha ha! Yes - birds of a feather, the whole sorry bunch of them. We know she isn’t but RSM would be the ultimate Jack sock puppet, wouldn’t it! I mean, they both use the same horror struck graphic language to wallow in their “lived experiences” etc.

I meant to mention that tweet about being declined “housing” due to her not being eligible. Of course, the council are entirely right to not give her priority housing when she cannot evidence in any way whatsoever her requirement for it - but I must admit to pondering over her back pay after 30+ months of “claiming” PIP and how many holidays wheelchairs she can pay it forward for when it comes through.

Blimey she’s a gobby cow isn’t she? Just been on the hellsite and seen her rants about social services. Apparently food banks routinely refer families to social services.

Thats surely not a thing is it? Amazed nobody has challenged her on it.

Blimey she’s a gobby cow isn’t she? Just been on the hellsite and seen her rants about social services. Apparently food banks routinely refer families to social services.

Obviously we don’t know the truth of what foodbanks do or don’t do but surely if there is a chance that children could be starving then a referral to social services might be the right thing to happen? They aren’t just going to take anyone’s children off them at the drop of a hat.

I find that more preferable to the JM story of her and her son being starving and She wouldn’t go to her parents for help but could drink value lager etc!

Reactions: 11

I very much doubt it. However, if they come into contact with somebody speaking of suicidal ideation/intent, there is evidence of physical abuse/neglect of an adult or child or disclosures made, they'd be legally (and morally) obliged to make a report, as otherwise, they could be turning a blind eye to the sort of things that make the news when people assume that Somebody Else Would Deal With It, it's a personal lifestyle choice or a 'cultural' matter/none of my business/not my problem.

A lot of foodbanks also put a huge amount of time into signposting people to other sources of help or providing some help themselves - such as with benefit claims, appeals against decisions, information and help to claim discretionary housing payments, prescription charges, etc. It's not all about trying to steal children for the private care sector or to eradicate certain ethnic groups. There is a historical context of organisations doing something this, yes side eyes the Church and not just the RC variety - but no, not now.

But then again, I also have bias in this - because I was kept off the radar deliberately to hide abuse. It's remarkable how similar in tone certain people are when they talk about conspiracies and interfering and so on. And how they respond to others who might disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I very much doubt it. However, if they come into contact with somebody speaking of suicidal ideation/intent, there is evidence of physical abuse/neglect of an adult or child or disclosures made, they'd be legally (and morally) obliged to make a report, as otherwise, they could be turning a blind eye to the sort of things that make the news when people assume that Somebody Else Would Deal With It, it's a personal lifestyle choice or a 'cultural' matter/none of my business/not my problem.

A lot of foodbanks also put a huge amount of time into signposting people to other sources of help or providing some help themselves - such as with benefit claims, appeals against decisions, information and help to claim discretionary housing payments, prescription charges, etc. It's not all about trying to steal children for the private care sector or to eradicate certain ethnic groups. There is a historical context of organisations doing something this, yes side eyes the Church and not just the RC variety - but no, not now.

But then again, I also have bias in this - because I was kept off the radar deliberately to hide abuse. It's remarkable how similar in tone certain people are when they talk about conspiracies and interfering and so on. And how they respond to others who might disagree.
Sorry that happened to you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
the hamster hasn't got cancer, hurray! but it's going to be *expensive*

edited "highlights" because, good g-d, it's dull

Screenshot_20220421-143141_Twitter.jpg

20220421_143315.jpg

20220421_143328.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.