Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fell asleep searching out of date food for new ways to get that cereal bill down

Needs more ziners by 25 Feb! Is no one applying their 6 to 8 hours of work for a chance at £250?
The issue for me would be the terms for the £250 do I retain copyright or am I handing it over

If my work isn’t used what is the retention period ?

A bigger concern is who am I sending my work to ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Still not taken into account that those on the bare bones of their arse probably aren’t sitting on Twitter, then?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
1. Isn't it illegal to rent out a property with no smoke alarms?
2. What kind of extravagant cereal is she buying, or is she just buying it in industrial quantities? Surely it would be cheaper to buy in bulk? I don't know why I am bothering to think in depth about this, it's a liiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So the zine is going to be checked for the technical side of publishing by Unbound and the contributions are all done by others. RSM is going to be skimming through them and choosing her favourites - and possibly knocking up an intro that involves ThatPic(TM). Even 20 contributors won’t be more than £5k but over £20k has been raised. And the contributors are not going to retain their “stories” rights.

It’s a complete scam and the ones being scammed are the poor sods whose stories are going to be milked for content and future begging threads.

What a horrible monster you are. If you had any passion about poor people having a voice, why aren’t you shouting from the rooftop about your Patreon Queen and Master of Grifters stealing your voice instead of re-tweeting her and generally being one of her sycophantic acolytes? Because we know you read here and know the truth.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
1. Isn't it illegal to rent out a property with no smoke alarms?
2. What kind of extravagant cereal is she buying, or is she just buying it in industrial quantities? Surely it would be cheaper to buy in bulk? I don't know why I am bothering to think in depth about this, it's a liiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee

It means she's shopping on the Approved Foods website.

To save 50p a box on stale cereal, you have to spend £22.50 and if they're still doing what they used to do, for that heady £6 saving on twenty quid you wouldn't have spent in the first place (and usually involves at least one box of crisps 'because they're cheap'), you then pay a fiver P&P.

The site is a scam to flog off shite to people who can't see that it's not a bargain if you wouldn't have bought it in the first place. And cereal doesn't store too well in a place full of damp...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It means she's shopping on the Approved Foods website.

To save 50p a box on stale cereal, you have to spend £22.50 and if they're still doing what they used to do, for that heady £6 saving on twenty quid you wouldn't have spent in the first place (and usually involves at least one box of crisps 'because they're cheap'), you then pay a fiver P&P.

The site is a scam to flog off shite to people who can't see that it's not a bargain if you wouldn't have bought it in the first place. And cereal doesn't store too well in a place full of damp...
I can’t see who would use approved foods as a viable option unless you’re one of those large families with over 10 kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can't see the original tweet but apparently we missed some drama when someone was meeeeean about RSM's rate for writing the zine for her submissions. Yep, she's still desperately seeking contributors.

Screenshot_20220210-105103_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-105115_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-105140_Twitter.jpg

I for one would LOVE to hear the aunt's side of things.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Can't see the original tweet but apparently we missed some drama when someone was meeeeean about RSM's rate for writing the zine for her submissions. Yep, she's still desperately seeking contributors.

View attachment 1052480

View attachment 1052481

View attachment 1052482

I for one would LOVE to hear the aunt's side of things.
FFS they do know it takes longer to write academic work because of this pesky little thing called research? A thousand words an hour would be fine if you didn't care about what you were writing, if you're just sitting there churning it out, but some people do like to put, you know. a little *thought* into things. Just who the eff would take writing advice from the creator of the most tedious, nonsensical twitter threads ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
FFS they do know it takes longer to write academic work because of this pesky little thing called research? A thousand words an hour would be fine if you didn't care about what you were writing, if you're just sitting there churning it out, but some people do like to put, you know. a little *thought* into things. Just who the eff would take writing advice from the creator of the most tedious, nonsensical twitter threads ever.
I know 😂 Her writing 'style' is bloody awful. So boring and never getting to any point.

And I'm aghast at her moaning on about not being able to afford..... marbles. bleeping marbles. And some idiot actually sent her the money.

• Haha
But £250 doesn’t seem much to me, for people who are essentially being asked to provide the content for the book. Am I missing something?

• Heart
I worked night and day to hit the funding target? Since when was Tweeting work?

But £250 doesn’t seem much to me, for people who are essentially being asked to provide the content for the book. Am I missing something?
they’re supposed to be grateful

Jesus christ, she's now doxxing the person who questioned her.
Like a goanna inside a dead wombat, she's in it and she won't give it up

And this, for crying out loud

Screenshot_20220210-221646_Chrome.jpg

I worked night and day to hit the funding target? Since when was Tweeting work?

they’re supposed to be grateful
But she had to tweet in between chopping pOtAtOeS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Like a goanna inside a dead wombat, she's in it and she won't give it up

And this, for crying out loud

View attachment 1052543

But she had to tweet in between chopping pOtAtOeS!
You can work up to (I think) 16 hours a week and still claim Carers Allowance and according to her you can whip your 3000 word essay off in 3 hours, so there’s no problem.
Completely agree. This is a real scam and I hope people see through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
also, in one tweet, it's just a few hours work, won't interfere with uc at all! then it's "everyone's going to get notes back" eh? 🤨

the more she tweets, the worse it is

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You can work up to (I think) 16 hours a week and still claim Carers Allowance and according to her you can whip your 3000 word essay off in 3 hours, so there’s no problem.

Completely agree. This is a real scam and I hope people see through it.
More "information"

Screenshot_20220210-230348_Chrome.jpg

How could anyone think they'd get a fair go with this witch?

Then there's this gem, in the Aunt is a scientist witch thread.

Oh, we wish!

Screenshot_20220210-225914_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Why so long for the writers to get their money, though? The funding for the book has already been pledged hasn’t it? 🤔

Reactions: 7
Now inciting a pile-on and quite possibly trying to get these people sacked. She's a right bleeping piece of work.

Screenshot_20220210-121633_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-121528_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-121624_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Oooo, that Louisa Britain seems nice. I'll happily send her a submission about my life traumas, signing away all rights, for payment when she's "got the book sorted".
Sounds great, RSM!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hi Louisa here’s my life story and personal details, let me know if you use it and I get the money. I’m sure you will never doxx me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.