Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooo, that Louisa Britain seems nice. I'll happily send her a submission about my life traumas, signing away all rights, for payment when she's "got the book sorted".
Sounds great, RSM!
I don’t get why she’s so so unpleasant it BC seems very excessive

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also massive LOL at her telling a post-doctorate researcher he doesn't know how writing works and that she's surprised he passed his GCSEs. Clearly RSM and the witch aunt who "thinks she knows everything" aren't that different.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Given that she GOES OFF on one at the tiniest Twitter slight, it does make me wonder how annoyed these tattle threads make her. She can't possibly be unaware of them! Sometimes I read a post on here and I say to myself, omg if somebody DARED to tweet that at her, we'd literally never hear the end of it 😨

NB: I'm NOT, repeat NOT suggesting anyone mentions Tattle to her on there. Which is pointless trolling. I certainly don't even follow her on Twitter, just get the high/lowlights on here... it's just a weird disconnect since she certainly name searches herself, and is SO quick to jump on the tiniest slight in her mentions with a 44-post angry thread.

I wonder if all of her Twitter outrage is all performative then, or whether there's something about that platform that just brings out the absolute worst in her? I can't work it out at all.

Reactions: 12
Given that she GOES OFF on one at the tiniest Twitter slight, it does make me wonder how annoyed these tattle threads make her. She can't possibly be unaware of them! Sometimes I read a post on here and I say to myself, omg if somebody DARED to tweet that at her, we'd literally never hear the end of it 😨

NB: I'm NOT, repeat NOT suggesting anyone mentions Tattle to her on there. Which is pointless trolling. I certainly don't even follow her on Twitter, just get the high/lowlights on here... it's just a weird disconnect since she certainly name searches herself, and is SO quick to jump on the tiniest slight in her mentions with a 44-post angry thread.

I wonder if all of her Twitter outrage is all performative then, or whether there's something about that platform that just brings out the absolute worst in her? I can't work it out at all.
I've wondered this too. I can only assume she doesn't know about this thread because I feel like she would mention it constantly

Hmm she wants evidence of the writers financial situation? Did she learn nothing from Jack monroe and GDPR? (Hope that's the right acronym!)

Reactions: 11
I've wondered this too. I can only assume she doesn't know about this thread because I feel like she would mention it constantly
oh, she knows all right. her and the home schooler with not enough followers for a thread who's recently received funding for a recipe book have mentioned it to each other in the past

Reactions: 11
oh, she knows all right. her and the home schooler with not enough followers for a thread who's recently received funding for a recipe book have mentioned it to each other in the past
Seconded - the minor but desperate for attention scrounger in training was once schooled by RSM about learning to ignore us. It was quite entertaining for about five minutes - seeing them both acknowledge and seethe together without saying Tattle out loud.
Anyway - I genuinely hope people Google Louisa Britain, Roadside Mum, OneInFive and stumble here before committing themselves to hashing and sweating over trauma and hard times in order to give her the stories she needs for future begging.

Unbound CLEARLY have no scruples or they would have refunded everyone who paid money for a copy of Hattie Gladwells book three years and four months ago and are still waiting.

• Heart
  • Angry
Seconded - the minor but desperate for attention scrounger in training was once schooled by RSM about learning to ignore us. It was quite entertaining for about five minutes - seeing them both acknowledge and seethe together without saying Tattle out loud.
Anyway - I genuinely hope people Google Louisa Britain, Roadside Mum, OneInFive and stumble here before committing themselves to hashing and sweating over trauma and hard times in order to give her the stories she needs for future begging.

Unbound CLEARLY have no scruples or they would have refunded everyone who paid money for a copy of Hattie Gladwells book three years and four months ago and are still waiting.
Wise words! Bit sad though that the escape route once enough people twig about the grifting is so clear and obvious. One day she'll just delete the account, bank the ill gotten gains, and pop up with a different persona a bit later. Nobody any the wiser!

Reactions: 7
God she’s just so TIRESOME.
Without volunteers to actually write the thing, she has NO BOOK. So you’d think she’d try to be a bit less off-putting.

Reactions: 21
The funniest thing is that all this insanely energetic tweetmageddoning is from a single interaction from a random Canadian couples account! I reckon the trigger point was probably that they outcredentialled her (working academics), which is absolutely unbearable for a know-it-all like RSM.

CACKLING at this meltdown :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: But also a bit sad for anyone actually prepping an essay without spotting the grift!

Reactions: 19
There’s a reason most traditionally published books aren’t written by inexperienced writers who’ve spaffed out the target wordcount as quickly as possible and left it at that. I’d want at least a week to make constant changes and rewrite the whole thing several times and all to maybe win the grand prize of £250 at some unspecified point in the future?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How long it takes you to write a 2,500 word essay has nothing to do with your typing speed ffs. I mean I know we all know this but apparently you have to point out the obvious to RM. Could I churn out the word count in half a day? Probably but it would be utter pish and take me several more days to polish and edit.

Reactions: 24
She's really awful lately, I don't have a twitter so can't report her for that doxing but hope someone has. Horrible bully and she's absolutely off on one atm. I don't toss the word narcissist round lightly but she has such an ego that she can't bear even an imagined slight to her

It's not just about the typing! These essays aren't going to be proofread? Or edited?

Also because I love facts and maths here are some minimum rates suggested for freelance authors:

Screenshot_20220211-103831_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

So this recommends £188 per 1000 words base rate plus an additional £94 per 1000 words as this is a complete 'story' rather than a chapter... £282 ish per 1000 words.

Screenshot_20220211-103719_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

And this says £280 per 1000 for writing and research.

280 X 2.5 = £700

Tbh though this isn't about the flat rate for me, it's that they are going to be the main authors of this book, from the sounds of it all RSM is doing is the intro, yet there's no mention of the authors getting any royalties, of how they'll be credited in this book, and I think someone said they don't even keep the rights to their stories!

She should remove the costs of getting the book to market then split what remains of the 20k evenly between her and her other chosen authors. Sam with royalties - she said book will be about 70k words on unbound so let's say 25 authors plus her intro and epilogue - once unbound have took their cut royalties should be split evenly too.
Requires a lot of transparency though which ...good luck getting that from RSmum

It's exploitative, especially when you consider she's looking for authors currently in poverty.

• Heart
  • Wow
She can't possibly believe this rubbish she's spouting. Can she? And people support it.
This last screenshot makes no sense. So instead of spending hours looking at samples before deciding, she is instead spending even more hours looking at full 2,500 word pieces?

• Haha
Is she just wilfully misunderstanding that it's not writing speed or typing speed or the speed you can lick out words in bean juice on a plate that matters? We can all speedily produce the kind of bile that she spews out daily.
Some critical thinking is involved and editing and proofreading. Actual writers have mentioned this. I think 3 hours for an inexperienced person who doesn't normally write anything is ambitious. But I must be wrong beacuse Louisa says so. 🙂

Reactions: 13
It's really going well. This is an actual twitter buddy, and even he can't do it (screenie 1).

Simultaneously, may crowdfund private ADHD diagnosis and medication for RN. Cool, cool.
“Oh I’ll just crowdfund it” absolute cretin.

Also your little writing thing is like a competition… if you “win” you get £250 and publication. If you “lose” you get nothing and have wasted a fair bit of time and energy writing it.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.